Free To Fly

FA@AC

This was a forum of thoughtful cordial conversation. I think that the divisiveness on this forum is representative of what is happening in our society, and I suggest that it is largely fed by the tone of our politicians. We have negative labels for anyone who hold a position different than our own it seems. It has now been exacerbated by taking people away from direct social contact, and turning to their keyboards. The discussions become less and less civil. Sad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GDR said:

This was a forum of thoughtful cordial conversation. I think that the divisiveness on this forum is representative of what is happening in our society, and I suggest that it is largely fed by the tone of our politicians. We have negative labels for anyone who hold a position different than our own it seems. It has now been exacerbated by taking people away from direct social contact, and turning to their keyboards. The discussions become less and less civil. Sad.

This is a good point/post.  When I see long time members posting insulting, dismissive and simply mean comments it's clear that something has changed.  It's not just here in our little place on the internet either - I see the same thing in other forums I visit.  I see it in myself too, unfortunately, I've posted some things I regret.

The unvaxxed are being told, and believe, by those they read that their rights to free choice and body autonomy are being stripped away.  The vaccinated are being told that they are being negatively affected by the unvaxxed.

I don't know how to turn it around or if it's even possible.  I do know of many families and relationships that have suffered severe damage.  The fallout will be with us for many years.

58 minutes ago, mo32a said:

I love the "you've chosen to ignore content from .........." option.

Much less strife in one's life when you are not subjected to idiots.

I think you might have missed the point of my post.  That is unless you're ignoring my content and didn't even see my post - maybe you're replying to some other post and won't see this this one either - it's all very confusing.

16 hours ago, GDR said:

The discussions become less and less civil. Sad.

If you want to know why, look no further than the biased intolerant media as they foment division every day. Describing over 50 % of the population as “dangerous” can only end one way.

‘This from yesterday….

Edited by Jaydee

8 hours ago, Seeker said:

This is a good point/post.  When I see long time members posting insulting, dismissive and simply mean comments it's clear that something has changed.  It's not just here in our little place on the internet either - I see the same thing in other forums I visit.  I see it in myself too, unfortunately, I've posted some things I regret.

The unvaxxed are being told, and believe, by those they read that their rights to free choice and body autonomy are being stripped away.  The vaccinated are being told that they are being negatively affected by the unvaxxed.

I don't know how to turn it around or if it's even possible.  I do know of many families and relationships that have suffered severe damage.  The fallout will be with us for many years.

I wanted to like this post but it seems that option isn’t available for your comments. 

That said, I’m not a fan of people who appear on a forum anonymously and immediately start tossing hand grenades and calling people who’ve chosen to be vaccinated “naive idiots”. If you (Mr. C. T.) truly had the courage of your convictions, you would put your name to what you say. This IMHO is why you’re getting the blowback, and you’ve earned it.

I also want to be clear that while I believe in the vaccine program, I am dead set against the mandate. I’m having a hard time seeing past the hypocrisy of a government that spent months telling us their political opponents didn’t truly believe in a woman’s right to make choices for her own body, then turning around and telling all of us that we don’t have the right to determine what is injected into our bodies, all in in exchange for a paycheque or the right to get on an airplane. I also hate what this is doing to the mental health of a lot of good people. I’m lucky to work for a company that treats every team member as family. We’re struggling to reconcile what’s been forced on us by the mandate with the damage its doing to our culture. It’s a small sample of what’s being done to our country, and I’m sick of it.

• Like 4

WS, AC, TS and Sunwing have put their unvaccinated staff aside from those who were given exemptions on leave.  Unless the respective unions decide to go to bat for the anti-vaxxers or the sale of ribbons generates funding sufficient to mount a legal challenge, it's over.  

3 hours ago, J.O. said:

I wanted to like this post but it seems that option isn’t available for your comments. 

That said, I’m not a fan of people who appear on a forum anonymously and immediately start tossing hand grenades and calling people who’ve chosen to be vaccinated “naive idiots”. If you (Mr. C. T.) truly had the courage of your convictions, you would put your name to what you say. This IMHO is why you’re getting the blowback, and you’ve earned it.

I also want to be clear that while I believe in the vaccine program, I am dead set against the mandate. I’m having a hard time seeing past the hypocrisy of a government that spent months telling us their political opponents didn’t truly believe in a woman’s right to make choices for her own body, then turning around and telling all of us that we don’t have the right to determine what is injected into our bodies, all in in exchange for a paycheque or the right to get on an airplane. I also hate what this is doing to the mental health of a lot of good people. I’m lucky to work for a company that treats every team member as family. We’re struggling to reconcile what’s been forced on us by the mandate with the damage its doing to our culture. It’s a small sample of what’s being done to our country, and I’m sick of it.

I don’t believe my opinions were bombs and as far as insults, I never cower from anyone who would try to bully me or anyone else. That’s why I fired back. I didn’t ask to be insulted and as far as my Anonymity, I will certainly change that now. 

12 hours ago, Critical thinker said:

I don’t believe my opinions were bombs and as far as insults, I never cower from anyone who would try to bully me or anyone else. That’s why I fired back. I didn’t ask to be insulted and as far as my Anonymity, I will certainly change that now. 

I admit that I haven’t always been clean on this either but I have been working hard to stay above the fray and be respectful, reaping what I have sown so to speak. Like all things in life, I’m a work in progress.

I acknowledge that perception belongs to perceiver, but really? You don’t see these as even a little condescending?

Some also jump before making sure the water is deep enough too”

Ignorance is bliss, eh? Wow

I wonder what you’ll say when they insist your child get a fourth fifth sixth and seventh vaccination shot. No parent control then, eh? But maybe you’re one of those that are OK with that lol!!!!!”

Edited by J.O.
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Seeker said:

I think you might have missed the point of my post.  That is unless you're ignoring my content and didn't even see my post - maybe you're replying to some other post and won't see this this one either - it's all very confusing.

Not directed at you, I added CT to my list.

Imagine if the terms “pandemicist” or “anti-vaxxer” were replaced by the “n” word or some other widely despised epithet. Most rational people would rail at that and address it immediately. Yet these words are becoming commonplace in social discourse as zealots on both sides attempt to marginalize those who disagree. It doesn’t matter which side does it, it’s wrong and it needs to stop. We should be better than this.

• Thanks 1

I figured it out!! Either Seeker or Critical Thinker ( or both of them) is Aaron Rodgers...Green Bay qb.

He stated he did not vaxx for a few reasons one of which was; " I am a Critical Thinker". I think he intended to drop out "a". He also asserted that by reason of his extensive research, he knew he would benefit from a course of ivermectin. It is assumed he meant the "human dose".

That's my contribution to solving the puzzle.🤭🤭😁