Jump to content

This is the end!


Recommended Posts

In less than 24 hours, nearly 45 years of effort comes to an end. My retirement papers are filed and the pension benefits start in August. Even though it's only 13+ years at Transport Canada, the post-retirement benefits are welcome. It's been a blast but it's time to put away the toys and let the kids take over. I continue to monitor the AEF but it's nothing like it used to be in years past. Otherwise, so long, and thanks for the memories!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moon The Loon said:

In less than 24 hours, nearly 45 years of effort comes to an end. My retirement papers are filed and the pension benefits start in August. Even though it's only 13+ years at Transport Canada, the post-retirement benefits are welcome. It's been a blast but it's time to put away the toys and let the kids take over. I continue to monitor the AEF but it's nothing like it used to be in years past. Otherwise, so long, and thanks for the memories!

Don't leave us!

Now that you're retired you'll have even more time to post - think about that.  Haha.  Congrats on the retirement.  I wish you a long and happy post-work life.

Remember - now that you no longer represent an "organization" you can tell us what you really think.

 

Seeker

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Moon The Loon said:

In less than 24 hours, nearly 45 years of effort comes to an end. My retirement papers are filed and the pension benefits start in August. Even though it's only 13+ years at Transport Canada, the post-retirement benefits are welcome. It's been a blast but it's time to put away the toys and let the kids take over. I continue to monitor the AEF but it's nothing like it used to be in years past. Otherwise, so long, and thanks for the memories!

You're going to hate this but.....many times, I have bemoaned the changes I perceived in this forum and yearned for days and discussions gone. However, I convinced myself that surrender was not an option. You are in control; you mold the content; you contribute and change the tenor. Let your voice-your opinions- be heard.

Regardless of your extracurricular activities....enjoy your retirement.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been retired for over 17 years now and I still check in here pretty much every day. It keeps me in touch with the aviation community. I agree that our numbers are down but that may noy be permanent either. I very much appreciate this site.

 

Cheers

Greg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for all your contributions over the years Moon. As I have said before when others have retired, your input has helped me in what I do. Don't think because you have retired you have nothing to contribute. I hope to see you back.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations! . FINALLY, you will no longer have someone looking over your shoulder controlling who YOU ARE. The great thing about retirement is no one can tell you what to do…or threaten your future by holding employment over your head.

Use your lifetime of experience, whether good or bad,  to guide those coming after you. God knows they need it.

The best advice I was given about retirement was  to “save something to do for tomorrow”

Regards,

Jaydee

Edited by Jaydee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GDR, Innuendo, +1 !

Moon, thank you for your reasoned, always-thoughtful contributions on this forum...your input will certainly be remembered, and missed. So do check in, tell us how it's going and what is energizing you!

Take time - it will be a year before you stop looking over your shoulder! This is the very best of times! Enjoy them fully.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree with all of the above sentiments. I tend to read some peoples posts more closely than others, you are one of those such people. Happy retirement regardless! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 12:05 PM, Don Hudson said:

GDR, Innuendo, +1 !

Moon, thank you for your reasoned, always-thoughtful contributions on this forum...your input will certainly be remembered, and missed. So do check in, tell us how it's going and what is energizing you!

Take time - it will be a year before you stop looking over your shoulder! This is the very best of times! Enjoy them fully.

 

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I guess I overstated "gone". I'll still watch this site at least once a day and rest assured, if something needs to be said, I'll be here!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 2:06 PM, Maverick said:

Agree with all of the above sentiments. I tend to read some peoples posts more closely than others, you are one of those such people. Happy retirement regardless! 

Thanks Mav - deeply appreciated.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes Mr. Loon.... You're one of those guys... you know... like Mav said. I've always appreciated reading your thoughts and input on things.

They say you have to keep busy in retirement or you'll just croak.... I'm here to tell you you can sit on your ass and do nothing if you want and still live to smile about it. :)

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mitch Cronin said:

Yes Mr. Loon.... You're one of those guys... you know... like Mav said. I've always appreciated reading your thoughts and input on things.

They say you have to keep busy in retirement or you'll just croak.... I'm here to tell you you can sit on your ass and do nothing if you want and still live to smile about it. :)

Planning on just about that, old friend! Lots to do though around the new (30 year old) house we bought just outside Fredericton in late 2019 - before the stupidness took over the world. The moving trucks arrived three weeks ago and filled the double garage with "stuff". Will probably take a lifetime to empty it into the household crevices the "stuff" was meant to fill!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Moon The Loon said:

Planning on just about that, old friend! Lots to do though around the new (30 year old) house we bought just outside Fredericton in late 2019 - before the stupidness took over the world. The moving trucks arrived three weeks ago and filled the double garage with "stuff". Will probably take a lifetime to empty it into the household crevices the "stuff" was meant to fill!

Fredericton? You do know that you're on the wrong coast don't you?😛

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GDR said:

Fredericton? You do know that you're on the wrong coast don't you?😛

LOL, your name doesn’t have to be Bezos to be able to afford a west coast retirement, but it helps. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, J.O. said:

LOL, your name doesn’t have to be Bezos to be able to afford a west coast retirement, but it helps. 😉

More like Bozo, but I'm glad I moved out here when I did as much as I hated the commute from the island to YVR. 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...