Nobody gives a **bleep** about freedom

It absolutely amazes me. I thought and hoped that the people of our great and free country had a lot more fight in them. Unfortunately it seems that we as a people are so terrified by the numbers that rich people put up on the telescreen that there is no level of slavery we won’t bow to for the promise of possible protection.

Enslave my kids and grandkids and take away all the rights and freedoms our fathers and grandfathers fought and died to provide? Absolutely! Take them all away and lock me in my house alone as long as you promise it might protect me from the scary numbers. My loved ones might die alone from loneliness? Risk It seems We’re more then willing to take. Give away the right to decide what’s injected into our body’s? Even if it’s experimental drugs that both the manufacturers and our government are totally legally protected against any unseen short or long term  adverse effects. Absolutely! Anyone that doesn’t want the experimental drug (that is unknown if it protects from Covid and unknown if it prevents  transmission And totally unknown medium to long term effects on health) deserves to be shut off from future health care!

Suicides? Domestic abuse? Poverty for the unemployed masses? Who cares! Don’t even talk about such things we must give away all rights and all freedoms and do everything possible to maybe protect us from the scary numbers on tv!! 

Edited by Eddy
  • Like 1

No Deicer your freedom is being restricted by mandates from lying and corrupt politicians and your own cowardly compliance to constantly changing and obviously nonsensical rules and regulations. The propaganda will of course tell you that the politicians are hero’s, police harassment and brutality of citizens is for our own good and safety, and that unquestioning compliance is the highest act of bravery and the surest way back to freedom!

I mean just take a quick look at history and you can see example after example of people’s And nations that complied their way to glorious freedom!!

War is peace! Freedom is slavery! Ignorance is strength! ✊

And freedom of speech?? Who would have thought this would be happening in Canada?? It is only the government deciding what is information and what is misinformation.....as if you can trust this bunch at their word:

The Liberal-dominated House of Commons Heritage committee has cleared the way for the federal government to regulate video content on internet social media, such as YouTube, the same way it regulates national broadcasting, under a new amendment made to a bill updating the Broadcasting Act.

Critics denounced the move to give the country’s broadcast regulator the ability to oversee user-generated content, and said it amounted to an attack on the free expression of Canadians, particularly in light of Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault’s recent plans to give Ottawa power to order take-downs of online content it deems objectionable.

“Granting a government agency authority over legal user generated content — particularly when backed up by the government’s musings about taking down websites — doesn’t just infringe on free expression, it constitutes a full-blown assault upon it and, through it, the foundations of democracy,” said Peter Menzies, a former commissioner of the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission.

And for the parliamentary secretary to defend it by saying, well we don’t want to regulate ALL of the internet!!

Cabinet is not interested in “regulating all of the internet,” the parliamentary secretary for Canadian heritage said yesterday. Remarks by Liberal MP Julie Dabrusin (Toronto-Danforth) followed a heritage committee vote to control YouTube content: “Should the government restrict access to the internet and social media to combat the spread of misinformation?”

We are such chumps for letting this government, which was elected as a MINORITY, erode our rights and basically, do away with parliament. Examples are everywhere:

Trudeau envisioned committees as just another version of question period, where the words that come out of peoples’ mouths can be controlled or ignored with few repercussions, because hardly any Canadians pay attention or care.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kelly-mcparland-justin-trudeaus-war-on-committees

And a quick search will give a history. In the mean time people will say this can’t happen in Canada, yet here it is under their noses.

https://ipolitics.ca/2020/10/13/liberal-committee-chairs-are-inappropriately-cancelling-meetings-say-tory-mps/

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/committee-hearings-into-military-sexual-misconduct-cut-short-by-liberal-government

https://canadians.org/analysis/liberal-led-committee-shut-down-debate-water-and-energy-bill

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Yep st27, excellent info that should shock every Canadian citizen to their core😳! Unfortunately no one seems to care. Slavery in exchange for vague promises of possible protection from numbers on a tv screen. I’m reminded of the train scene from Dr Zhivago. Not long now till thoughts and ideas like ours are outlawed as crimes against humanity

Edited by Eddy

Full-blown assault' on free expression: Inside the comprehensive Liberal bill to regulate the internet 

Bill C-10 proposes to subject whole realms of the Canadian online world to content oversight from broadcast regulators, including podcasts, online videos and websites

After more than 25 years of Canadian governments pursuing a hands-off approach to the online world, the government of Justin Trudeau is now pushing Bill C-10, a law that would see Canadians subjected to the most regulated internet in the free world.

Although pitched as a way to expand Canadian content provisions to the online sphere, the powers of Bill C-10 have expanded considerably in committee, including a provision introduced last week that could conceivably allow the federal government to order the deletion of any Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or Twitter upload made by a Canadian. In comments this week, NDP leader Jagmeet Singh indicated his party was open to providing the votes needed to pass C-10, seeing the bill as a means to combat online hate.

https://nationalpost.com/news/full-blown-assault-on-free-expression-inside-the-comprehensive-liberal-bill-to-regulate-the-internet

3E13EA77-A1BF-4355-A311-292918BA53AB.jpeg

Seems more and more peoples eyes are finally opening as the last vestiges of freedom are taken away from us. The real virus we are fighting is creeping global communism and slavery for the masses. The current excuse of the power holders for the elimination of our personal rights is Covid. 

The window for any resistance to this tidal wave of freedom removal and suppression is small and closing fast. Despite what the propaganda has convinced deicer and multitudes of others, the answer to a free society for ourselves and our loved ones going forward is not stricter compliance with the barbaric nonsensical and conflicting rules issued by our new completely unaccountable health dictatorship. At some point if free men hope to remain free they must make a line in the sand for themselves and stand. Until and unless we as a people wake up and give a hard NO to those that daily take away our freedoms and rights (Always with the most altruistic cover story of course. It’s for your health comrade!) 

We are quickly and dangerously barrelling closer to the point of no return. Once they pass this total ban on free speech and collect the last of the “dangerous“ hunting rifles It’s all over. For anyone uncertain what happens next I would recommend reading The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Soizhenitsyn. 

The time for action is now. We each individually have the choice if we will stick our heads in the sand and pretend what’s obviously going on isn’t happening so that we can get along and not sound like nuts to ours friends and acquaintances. We can choose to quietly be lead like sheep to the slaughter..  Or we can choose to stand and fight for our freedom in any way we can. Resist idiotic laws. Sound the alarm to everyone in your social circle as you find opportunity. Sign the petitions against treasonous laws against our freedom like the one Jaydee posted above. Donate To the grass roots organizations that are trying to fight in the courts against this and other obvious attacks by our goverment on our hard won freedom. I’m sure you can come up with your own ideas that are a lot better and I would love to hear them!  If enough people resist they will stop or at least slow down the draconian implementation. The Ontario police unions just proved this with their brave resistance to the enforcement of marshal law. 

“Granting a government agency authority over legal user generated content — particularly when backed up by the government’s musings about taking down websites — doesn’t just infringe on free expression, it constitutes a full-blown assault upon it and, through it, the foundations of democracy,” said Peter Menzies, a former commissioner of the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission.”

It’s difficult to contemplate the levels of moral hubris, incompetence or both that would lead people to believe such an infringement of rights is justifiable,” said Menzies

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ottawas-move-to-regulate-video-posts-on-youtube-and-social-media-called-assault-on-free-speech

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

I was in a talking with a young man the other day about how we Canadians are pissing on and throwing away every shred of our hard won heritage of freedom and prosperity. I asked him if he figured it was because of ignorance or complacency?

He looked me right in the eye threw up his hands and said “To be honest, I don’t know and I don’t care.“

That’s obviously a made up story, but it is unfortunately exactly were we sit. Half the population will gladly give up the last vestiges of freedom we have left for vague promises of protection from the scary numbers on tv. And the other half will ignore the loss of them as long as their portfolio is going up. The majority of the few that remain and can see where we’re headed and don’t like it are terrified to say much about it lest they be labelled as a conspiracy nut by their friends and acquaintances.

To many have forgotten or just never learned the very recent history of 20th century atrocities committed by totalitarian governments against their citizens. Far more people were killed by their own government in the last century then by wars and violent crimes added together. It’s happening live time in the country’s that lack the freedoms we are throwing away day by day here. For just a little while longer you can google or YouTube and learn all about those people’s and countries past and present and hear the haunting warning cry’s of what can and historically (every single freaking time) has happened when those freedoms are removed.

So here we are, on the edge of the cliff, and going over in the very near future. It makes me sick. It’s like one of those slow motion dreams where you try to scream but no noise comes out

Edited by Eddy
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Eddy said:

...vague promises of protection from the scary numbers on tv.

The defund police movement is a case in point. Democrats aren't stupid there is a plan here. When you see things that simply don't make sense, where there is no cause and effect correlation think agenda. 

If you wanted, lets say needed, a national police force that was completely loyal to the government you would first have to defund, disarm and delegitimize the existing independent agencies and do it with the full backing of the public. You would, in effect, need to completely "reimagine" policing before it collapsed entirely. Timing is important too, let it go too far and you get militias, not far enough and you lack public support. People need to be scared enough to want change but not so scared that they take matters into their own hands. 

Policing is every bit as important as propaganda, the control of information/narrative and the various other ingredients (already covered here) to complete the recipe. People will always say that it's different but after you bake it, most of the recipes taste pretty much the same. There is only so much you can do with flat bread. And make no mistake, we aren't creating souflayes or delectable puff pastries here, no need for a chef... this is a tried and true recipe.

Not until the inevitable shortages occur do the masses come to realize what they have collectively done.... some by action, some by inaction but all by a mixture of narrative, greed and/or cowardice. It smells the same when baking and the difference in taste and texture is minimal. Have we seen this before?

I would invite you to consider the people you know with strong narratives (we have them right here). Now ask yourself how bad things would have to get (for them) before they denounced the narrative that created it and longed for a return to what they previously considered the evils of capitalism.

The people who tell you that will never happen were the ones hoarding toilet paper and creating the shortage in yeast and vinegar when there was no shortage of output. Now, "reimagine" a similar effect with actual capacity and distribution limitations. Had I suggested the possibility 18 months ago most who would have laughed, now acknowledge that it can happen and hopefully have become wise enough to extrapolate. If not, haul some snowflake a$$ "over there" and smell the baking bread for yourself.

In the meantime just keep in mind that good intentions can lead to unintended consequences:

image.png.bdec6b43c044b73c56db88f513c47e93.png

I would also note that too many people are advocating for something they would never accept if it applied directly to them. By that I mean their personal well being. Here's a comment from a news feed that caught my eye because it's something no one would ever actually contemplate for themselves:

My heart surgeon is the best in the world. Knowledgeable, experienced, hand chosen out of 100's of candidates,, but he has a bad sense of humor, so I hired a college student.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 2

Is Canada to undergo a name change to “ The People’s Republic of Canada” ?

Trudeau's internet bill would take Canadians off the web

The backlash against Bill C-10 is being driven by the prospect of the government having the power to regulate cat videos and any other user generated content posted to Facebook or TikTok — but the problems with this bill run much deeper.

Fundamentally, this bill will change your entire online experience.

Users of music streaming services such as Spotify, the audio book service Audible, or even casual viewers of YouTube could see major changes to their experience. Despite paying for these services, requirements could easily be imposed by government appointees to force Canadian content requirements on these services.

Imagine finishing an audio book and not being allowed to listen to another one until you’ve selected an appropriate, government-approved book to listen to. Imagine having Canadian songs inserted into the playlist of a service you pay for because the government says you must listen to and support this music.

It’s right in the legislation where the stated goal of the bill is laid out, “add online undertakings — undertakings for the transmission or retransmission of programs over the Internet — as a distinct class of broadcasting undertakings.” Doing this would put any online audio or video service under the auspices of the CRTC, which is given power by this act to determine “the proportion of programs to be broadcast that shall be Canadian programs.”

So suddenly, what you can watch on YouTube is restricted in order to ensure there is enough Canadian content posted for Canadian users of the site.

In many ways, what the Trudeau Liberals are trying to do is take the internet experience that we now have and replace it with one more akin to AOL in the mid-90s. For people who don’t remember AOL, it was an online service but it wasn’t the world wide web — it was whatever AOL decided was appropriate for you to experience within their walled garden.

Now the government wants to decide what is appropriate.

Enjoy listening to popular podcasts such as Joe Rogan or Adam Carolla? You likely won’t be able to access them inside Canada in the future if this bill passes because podcasts will be subject to CRTC regulations and so will the services that provide them. Apple Podcasts or Stitcher will simply limit what content is available in order to make sure they don’t violate government rules.

In the future we will also likely see new products bypass Canada rather than try to comply with these regulations. When the next hot app like Clubhouse comes along, instead of Canadians being able to participate, we will be left out.

Existing products currently offered to Canadians by some of the web giants that the government appears to be at war with may disappear if the cost of complying with the regulations outweighs the benefits of being in the small market that is Canada.

I’m sure the government will offer grant money for Canadian tech wizards to develop Canadian versions of popular apps but that just bring us back to that walled garden approach. We won’t have the world wide web in Canada anymore, we will have what Justin Trudeau decides we can have access to.

There are a lot of people upset at the idea of the government regulating user generated content, effectively curating their social media feeds, and that is a good thing. But the truth is, the entire premise of this bill should be rejected by anyone who wants a free and open internet in Canada.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeaus-internet-bill-would-take-canadians-off-the-web?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3syywmNzbrdqdAvN_Iz27TurZoUfUwY5E03Uylml5zOu-Wr5M5wOXtOws#Echobox=1619816776

Edited by Jaydee
  • Thanks 1

It’s Ok ...I feel so much better now listening to the minister in charge, explaining that, no, the proposed legislation is not about control, the former crtc chief doesn’t know what he’s talking about, and it’s just those damned conservatives playing partisan politics worrying about charter rights.....in other words, we liberals know what best for you:

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1892095043675

• Thanks 3