Autonomous Operations One Step Closer

deicer

Weelll sorta.

A bit too much emphasis on what the monitoring pilot 'merely' did.  What wasn't mentioned was that they 'merely' maintained full liability for anything that went wrong.  If that experiment had ended in an accident, I am pretty sure the company would not have been so quick to hand all the 'credit' to their automation.  Would a lot of 'merely'  have been used to describe the AI role in that case? 

Nice paint job and there is progress, but the oversales is, well, overselling.

Just my opnion.

Vs

Edited by Vsplat

When I was in Germanay in 1999, the facility we were working at had an aircraft that was outfitted for fully autonomous flight from start up to parking.

The monitoring pilot touched nothing.  It was pretty cool to watch a test flight if the aircraft.

Keep in mind that was over 20 years ago.  Unfortunately Video recording was strictly prohibited on the premises

Tesla completes autonomous drive....sorta

Buy Electric they say.....Let the computer drive they say....

Constable Mark Herman said one person was found in the front passenger seat and another in the back seat. Both died in the fire.

Herman said it took firefighters nearly four hours and more than 30,000 gallons of water to extinguish the fire.

“Normally when the fire department arrives, they have the vehicle fire in control in minutes, but this went on close to four hours,” said Herman.

At one point, crews had to call Tesla to ask how to put the fire out, Herman said.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/tesla-spring-crash-fire/285-c28a4993-5b5f-43f4-a924-e39638390647?fbclid=IwAR3ufSiqxWLq23wUzGGkf3LEbXu8zsQ4W_RCiiP5EOaRIcd0q4CYPczh7rA

7EECAAF6-12CB-4680-8C2A-F0E22E160BDB.jpeg

Edited by Jaydee

You would think the firefighters would have some training on how to deal with lithium fires.

From Mr. Google...

Because lithium reacts with water to create a flammable gas, pouring water on a lithium fire is often counterproductive and very, very dangerous. In the instance of a leaking lithium-ion battery, exposure to air or moisture can even produce hydrofluoric acid , which is highly toxic, and can severely irritate the eyes and lungs.

https://cellblockfcs.com/why-is-a-lithium-fire-worse-than-a-regular-fire/#:~:text=Because lithium reacts with water to create a,and can severely irritate the eyes and lungs.

My kids went to University and often times they use big words just  to confuse me. As you know I am a pilot, (retired)  and like all pilots,  have always used small words, easily understood by most everybody.

Would I be correct to say to any of my kids that  I have just  purchased  an autonomous item for  my house  ??

Just purchased ,(via curbside pick-up from Canadian Tire), a brand new shiny toaster.

43 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

My kids went to University and often times they use big words just  to confuse me. As you know I am a pilot, (retired)  and like all pilots,  have always used small words, easily understood by most everybody.

Would I be correct to say to any of my kids that  I have just  purchased  an autonomous item for  my house  ??

Just purchased ,(via curbside pick-up from Canadian Tire), a brand new shiny toaster.

At first I thought you were going to tell us you bought a Roomba...

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Rich Pulman said:

You would think the firefighters would have some training on how to deal with lithium fires.

From Mr. Google...

Because lithium reacts with water to create a flammable gas, pouring water on a lithium fire is often counterproductive and very, very dangerous. In the instance of a leaking lithium-ion battery, exposure to air or moisture can even produce hydrofluoric acid , which is highly toxic, and can severely irritate the eyes and lungs.

https://cellblockfcs.com/why-is-a-lithium-fire-worse-than-a-regular-fire/#:~:text=Because lithium reacts with water to create a,and can severely irritate the eyes and lungs.

A couple of my family members are/were fire-fighters in Toronto... they all have training to fight this type of fire.