Nearly Free Money, (Non-Aviation)

Kip Powick

Three days ago, without inquiring, I received a short email from the company that insures both my cars  that stated I would be getting an ETransfer of a calculated sum due to the fact that with the pandemic in progress  they are assuming I am not driving as much as usual .

Rec'd an ETranasfer of $150.00 automatically deposited in my bank today.

Perhaps you could check with YOUR insurance company????ScreenShot006.jpg.346a06458c23c38df215f6dd961eb48a.jpg

ICBC made a big announcement about rebates of up to $400 this year for "good drivers" as they changed to a no-fault system. I have a clean record - no at fault accidents or tickets in over 30 years - and I got a cheque for a whopping $40. 

Beer or gas, J.O.  What's it going to be? ?

I got $229 out of ICBC but I had to go to the bank to deposit the cheque.  They could have just taken it off my next renewal.  The wife only got $103.

There was a woman on the news recently who received a cheque for $1.  Yep......one dollar.....?

On 4/16/2021 at 10:09 PM, vanishing point said:

Beer or gas, J.O.  What's it going to be? ?

I got $229 out of ICBC but I had to go to the bank to deposit the cheque.  They could have just taken it off my next renewal.  The wife only got $103.

There was a woman on the news recently who received a cheque for $1.  Yep......one dollar.....?

Probably a nice bottle from the Okanagan. ? I saw that $1 story - such a joke.

Bit of a tangent here, While in DND I went away on "Temporary Duty" for a few days. Upon my return I submitted what I thought was an accurate claim and a week later I received a Government cheque for my expenses

Two weeks later I received another cheque with a letter saying my claim had been audited and I was owed more money. I still have the cheque  and included a photo taken today...((  my SIN removed  ))

1691310898_25AAAAA.jpg.f7c0ffff736012b04305b7fa9625056a.jpg

3 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

Bit of a tangent here, While in DND I went away on "Temporary Duty" for a few days. Upon my return I submitted what I thought was an accurate claim and a week later I received a Government cheque for my expenses

Two weeks later I received another cheque with a letter saying my claim had been audited and I was owed more money. I still have the cheque  and included a photo taken today...((  my SIN removed  ))

1691310898_25AAAAA.jpg.f7c0ffff736012b04305b7fa9625056a.jpg

So what was your SIN?   Rum, whisky or ?  ?

Back in the dark old days when I had to work for a living we rolled around to 'salary adjustment time'

I was given an appointment time to see the boss but when I arrived there I was met by the personnel manager.

He gave me the scripted bs about what a good year I had and how appreciative the company was and then he handed me a slip of paper with my 'new' monthly salary on it.  I sat there and looked at it and it was 25 cents a month more than my current salary.  I said thank you very much that will buy me a lot.  Then I told him what the 25 cents meant to me.

At least he was thoroughly embarrassed.   

Archived