B29 Frozen in Time, Kee Bird

Seeker

Most people probably know the story but if you haven't seen this and don't know the story I suggest you do not skip ahead or read the comments before viewing.

B29 Frozen in Time, Kee Bird

Every time I did a Mission to Alert and had "Newbies" onboard, I would  take a detour and show the folks the B-29.

The airframe was very intact but all the "souvenirs" were taken.... guns, radios, etc were stripped.

We did fuel runs every year from Thule to Alert with gigantic fuel bladders of fuel  in the C-130. Normally at Thule for a week for each seasonal run in the Fall

Was a lot of fun...spent my time-off taping all the music Thule had on a Sony Reel to Reel tape recorder ? 

15 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

Every time I did a Mission to Alert and had "Newbies" onboard, I would  take a detour and show the folks the B-29.

The airframe was very intact but all the "souvenirs" were taken.... guns, radios, etc were stripped.

We did fuel runs every year from Thule to Alert with gigantic fuel bladders of fuel  in the C-130. Normally at Thule for a week for each seasonal run in the Fall

Was a lot of fun...spent my time-off taping all the music Thule had on a Sony Reel to Reel tape recorder ? 

The Thule PX was a great place to buy stereo equipment a great prices.  Man those years on the Herc were great. Still my favourite aircraft. I wound up with 3400 hrs on it and with one year working in the TAL school.

Archived