ACR mess

conehead

Just started reading the AME forum, and I think it's great! Anyway, looking at the string about ACR maintenance, I find it quite disturbing. I work at AC, and I can relate to the frustration you feel about the lack of support from MOC. What's the problem there? Are they understaffed or what? There's no way that DEV's should get to the point where you have to cancel a flight... all it takes is a little planning!

Now here's an interesting concept... do your own planning! Do you have the authority to AOG parts? Do you have the capability of forecasting where the aircraft is going to overnight tonight/tomorrow/the next day?

On the other hand, I know everybody is busy to the max, and a bunch of you guys are laid off, and that doesn't create any motivation to make things any easier for 'the Company'.... especially when they treat you like crap at negotiation time.

So what's the answer?

Guest ah crap

What you are seeing is not caused by the maintenance guys. The big problems are none of us are working for who we used to work for and the new company is not helping matters. We are quite powerless and I wouldn't doubt it won't stop until this CEO realises his dream of RJ's. Of course he is toying with everyone's carear and we just might end up being about half the size the operation we are now by the time this is all done.

Archived