Riddle me this....

Seeker

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Correct answer by PaulD and confirmed by Kip. 

IFG added - also correct.

I have hidden your posts to not spoil the fun for those who come along later - will reveal them in due time.

1) Seeker posted a puzzle

2) I posted what I thought was the correct answer

3) Seeker quoted my post and posted  I was close to the answer but not totally correct

4) PaulD came up with the right answer and I confirmed it

5) Seeker wants others to try to get the answer to the original post so he deleted the post with the answer and I suggested he delete his own post where he quoted my "partial answer......so

6) Others now must start at square one as there are no hints in this thread now.

Yeah, I didn't plan this very well - probably should have said, "Send me a PM with your guess/answer."

Of course I underestimated my audience - didn't expect the correct answer from multiple people almost immediately after posting the challenge either.

32 minutes ago, J.O. said:

? If the wav file is important then I'm out. Can't get it to play on my iPad no matter what I try. If it's not, then I'm just not smart enough.

Really, plays on my MacBook?  Anyway, I see Kip handled it.

Incoming answers have dried up so here is the "solution".

The Morse Code is;   QGW.  The registration on the hot air balloon is QGW.  That's the first part of the puzzle. 

The second part is this:  QGW is one of the aviation Q-codes that was developed as a radiotelegraph shorthand.  Longer questions and answers with a standard code to reduce the time and effort on the telegraph.  QGW can mean either; "Does my landing gear appear down and in place ?" or "Your landing gear appears down and in place."  The question or the statement.

So, the answer I was really after was, "No", as in, "No, your landing gear does not appear down and in place."

A few people got the first part and thought they were done but almost everybody made reference to the Q-code.

Archived