AA UFO report

Jaydee

To report or not to report...that would be the question on the minds for most pilots.

“Do you have any targets up here?” he says over the radio. “We just had something go over the top of us that — I hate to say this — looked like a long cylindrical object.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7659655/american-airlines-ufo-flight-audio/

The statistical case for "UFO's visiting earth" is infintesmally, vanishingly small compared to the near-certainty that it was naturally-caused but not immediately familiar, typically a meteorological phenomena being an initial good guess.

Report if in the judgement of the captain the safety of the flight was in question, otherwise, tell the kids (or grand-kids) all about it.

Thinking an airline pilot to be some sort of expert in the field of aerial phenomena makes as sense as considering a family GP to be an expert source of information about a pandemic.

Each has a relatively narrow field of expertise - narrower than they usually realize themselves and certainly narrower than those outside their industry believe.

Long story short...back in the late '80s we were enroute westbound about 35 east of YQT at night.  I spotted a rather bright 'star' at 10 o'clock, low on the horizon.  And then another, very close to it.  I mentioned it to the rest of the crew.  Then we realized it/they were moving.  Captain asked ATC if there was any traffic there and we got a negative.  By this time we could see there were about a dozen objects from pinpoint lights all the way to some glowing puff balls leaving incandescent trails.  They were headed northeast.  Empress behind us commented that they had it in view as well and wished they could go transcon at that speed!  Transit time from horizon to horizon was a few minutes.  We passed under the glowing trails about 30 or 40 west of YQT.

I made some enquiries over the next few days and the best explanation was that we viewed a MIRV re-entry test by the USSR folks.  They would be looking at it with their radar to try to determine what was a 'warhead' and what was a decoy.

I have seen a few other strange sights, including some impressive fireballs, but that one was certainly odd looking and very impressive.

I heard stories of pilots seeing UFOs in the Sault Ste. Marie area many years back.  dark Triangular objects shadowing their path.

Nothing on Radar, primary or secondary.    Turned out to be, as rumour had it, F117 aircraft.

I would think that it would be a bad thing to fly a fighter jet into foreign airspace but I guess what they didn't see didn't exist

Speaking of aliens

Two weeks ago - running at night.  My earphones were in and the 200 lumen flashing bike light I carry to warn oncoming traffic of my presence (no sidewalks here) was lighting my way.  Then all of a sudden, as I entered the last 1/4 mile, in one single instant, everything died.  My music and my rechargeable flashing light - both stopped at exactly the same time. 

It's weird to lose that sensory feed in the blink of an eye.  It throws you and leaves you a bit disoriented. 

First thing I noticed as I gathered my senses was  how incredibly dark and quiet that stretch of road is.  What the hell?

Then it dawns on me that if this was a movie this would be the point when the blinding beam from the sky would shoot down and light me up up like a deer caught the headlights.  So I look up and at that point I notice the streetlights are also out.  Were there streetlights there - I don't remember.  They're certainly not working now anyways.

Cue the twighlight zone music here

Then you give your head a shake and just go huh.  You restart the light and the phone to get your tunes back and continue on your merry way home. 

I arrived about 50 minutes after I left so I know didn't get taken by aliens and have my memory erased so I'm sure there's a logical explanation for all that transpired. 

Maybe with all the snow and cold the streetlight power shorted or surged causing some kind of EMI pulse that tripped my iPhone and light off?

Maybe the aliens or time travelers are just getting better at abductions?

ahhhhhh didn't have your cellphone with you, did you ?? ?

Notice how many alien abductions have ceased being reported since almost everyone carries  a cellphone.now

If you haven't.....go to LOCKDOWN DISTRACTIONS and see the video I posted today abou t cellphones...lotta truth in it.

4 minutes ago, Kargokings said:

Since they left you behind, maybe they were looking for younger specimens?  ?

Could be any number of reasons I'm sorry to say.

15 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

didn't have your cellphone with you, did you ??

That's what was providing the music.  The earphones are connected via bluetooth. 

Nothwithstanding the criticisms in your video, the cell phone is a fantastic tool.  You might as well surgically implant one in me I've become so dependent.  That I don't dare to bring it in the kayak is an unrelenting source of discomfort and annoyance.   

3 hours ago, Specs said:

That's what was providing the music.  The earphones are connected via bluetooth. 

Nothwithstanding the criticisms in your video, the cell phone is a fantastic tool.  You might as well surgically implant one in me I've become so dependent.  That I don't dare to bring it in the kayak is an unrelenting source of discomfort and annoyance.   

I have an absolute guaranteed waterproof case for my iPhone  and it lanyards  around ones neck. Blue tooth works through the clear plastic front. I inadvertently dove of the back of the boat one time with the phone around my neck....fortunately I left the headset on the deck prior to the plunge.....

On 2/25/2021 at 7:19 PM, J.O. said:

I'm reminded of the movie Millenium. Terrible flick, but it did star Cheryl Ladd. ?

Hated that film. A former colleague was a cinematic construction guy who worked on that set. He agreed, Cheryll Ladd was indeed cute. Very cute indeed!

On 2/25/2021 at 11:12 AM, seeker said:

Thinking an airline pilot to be some sort of expert in the field of aerial phenomena makes as sense as considering a family GP to be an expert source of information about a pandemic.

Each has a relatively narrow field of expertise - narrower than they usually realize themselves and certainly narrower than those outside their industry believe.

I agree.  A bunch of years ago landing in YYC at night there was this weird optical illusion that the runway was curved upward about half way down.  Significantly so.  Like a ski jump. When I reported it to ATC the aircraft behind asked what we were smoking. :)

After landing ATC asked if they saw the same illusion.  The response.  Yup we are clearly smoking the same stuff.

The illusion must have been heat I think.  But I don’t have a quality explanation.

Archived