Other Than.....................

Kip Powick

Ok..thanks to those that have answered the initial post.  The reason I asked was that when I was punted through the goalposts I was happy to hang up my spurs, I had had enough, just short of 30,000 hours in a variety  of aircraft, some that the young kids could only dream of flying, and had been in most every country in the world. 

A few days after I was "out" I was approached by a company in YYZ and asked if I wanted to fly for them, (VIP flying), I didn't even have to think about the answer and thanked the fellow for the offer and I refused the job.

My life became my boat in the summer and scuba in the winter down south but I also had a "winger" who loved our chosen retirement. As you may know she departed the fix back in 2018 and I was solo again, as I was back in 1965. During retirement I was asked many times if I missed flying and I honestly answered "No" mainly because "we" had so much to do now and so much fun doing it..

As one moves through time, good time memories become more prevalent and often my thoughts turned to the "yank and bank" flying I did with DND. Don't get me wrong, I appreciated the opportunity for fly for airlines, the money was good the job was easy, but the thrill of stick and rudder flying were gone in those last 15 years.

What could I do where I could get back, in a small way, the act of being actually in control of an aircraft and make it do things I wanted to do, away from the hours and hours of pretty much straight and level flying as I approached retirement.?

Purchasing an aircraft that I was able to make perform the flying I wanted to control was beyond my reach but amazingly I found an outlet, an outlet I am embracing and one where I have just completed all the exams, passed all, and are now once again qualified as a pilot.

I am not going to take up more space here but will send a PM to each person that has responded with one photo  that will tell you what I am now involved with.....

Please standby

22 minutes ago, Kargokings said:

Please, how about posting the picture (I assume it is of your new ride) for all of us to view. If you are concerned re the mark, you can blank that part out.  Cheers

I am back flying, I did buy my first machine in Alberta  but I will send you a pic

1 minute ago, Specs said:

Why the secrecy Kip?

I didn't want to clog up the forum with what I consider as a personal venture and something perhaps retired pilots would like to do. Hopefully PMs save space and if anyone is interested in following/joining me, the questions they may have is easier done via PM.

On 2/1/2021 at 4:04 PM, Kip Powick said:

I didn't want to clog up the forum with what I consider as a personal venture and something perhaps retired pilots would like to do. Hopefully PMs save space and if anyone is interested in following/joining me, the questions they may have is easier done via PM.

Kip;

The space this website has for your posts is unlimited.  Please feel free to fill this thread, or any other, with as much as you can post.  I understand PMs can be better for direct, or personal, questions but aside from that - "fill yer boots!"

Archived