The Fake / Biased News Media

Jaydee

IRONY ALERT: The Washington Post, a newspaper owned by billionaire Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, published an op-ed calling for regulations "to prevent rich people from controlling our channels of communication" — without a trace of irony.

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2022 at 9:16 AM, Jaydee said:

IRONY ALERT: The Washington Post, a newspaper owned by billionaire Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, published an op-ed calling for regulations "to prevent rich people from controlling our channels of communication" — without a trace of irony.

Well, obviously he talking about a rich person like Musk, not a rich person like himself.  😉

CNN is finally paying the price for their LEFTIST narrative. People have tuned out.

Warner Bros. Discovery is shutting down CNN+

Warner Bros. Discovery on Thursday will shut down CNN+ and cease operations on April 30., according to sources familiar with the matter. 

Why it matters: The streaming platform CNN+ launched just a few weeks ago with a $300 million investment. 

The big picture: The service was shut down because CNN and its new parent disagreed over whether the investment made sense long-term.

Editor's note: This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

https://www.axios.com/warner-bros-discovery-shutting-down-cnn-plus-63558fe4-6f70-4b36-a75d-d477e5c29b23.html?stream=top&utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alerts_all

We need a new word... absurdity no longer seems to cut it:

MSNBC writer claims ‘White people’ cheered travel mask ruling because they don’t care about ‘Black deaths’

'White Americans have a tendency to reject things that are seen as beneficial to Black people. Covid health protections are no different.'

Contender for headline of the year. 

These people aren't dumb, they know how silly it is and yet they do it anyway.... because it works. 

New York BLM co-founder slams Mayor Adams for failing Black residents: 'City is a warzone'

'This city is a warzone and he can't stop it,' Newsome said of Adams

Re: blm slams nyc mayor

what disgusts me is the reverse racism….slamming a man who has achieved success to the point of becoming mayor, when he doesn’t suit your agenda……slander and insult him….sound familiar?

https://local12.com/news/nation-world/blm-leader-calls-nyc-mayor-eric-adams-white-man-in-blackface-chides-him-with-slur

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st27 said:

slander and insult him….sound familiar?

Too familiar.

They took a workable technique and overused it to the point of collapse. Now that everyone who disagrees with them is either a Nazi, a white supremacist or a Qannon supporter there is little room for anything worse. How do you top Nazi if Nazi is where you started?

The midterms are sure to be a blood bath but hopefully Republicans will be wise and measured in their approach. Any equal and opposite pushback against unhinged madness isn't what new conservatives (who are old liberals BTW) actually want. 

Steady the ship, adjust the ballast, and fire the Captain, Executive Officer, Chief Engineer, Navigating Officer and Ship's Surgeon (he would be the one handing out the puberty blockers). Reenter the waypoints, have the Blind Pilotage Team and Cable Party close up and enter the bloody harbour like a sensible individual who has done it once or twice before.

That's it... that's all. Even a Fishead can figure it out. If you can't stay upright in two dimensions and 10 knots then stay home.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mo32a said:

but crickets from any other outlet.

When the time finally comes, I think that the CBC and their liberal acolytes will be utterly shocked by the extent and rapidity of the backlash.

Dr. Leslyn Lewis vows to defund CBC to thunderous applause at GTA campaign stop

Rebel News asked Dr. Lewis that given the amount of falsified news emanating from the legacy media these days, would she take a page from Pierre Poilievre’s playbook and defund the CBC? The answer: yes. Cue the biggest ovation of the evening.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 10:31 AM, Wolfhunter said:

Steady the ship, adjust the ballast, and fire the Captain, Executive Officer, Chief Engineer, Navigating Officer and Ship's Surgeon (he would be the one handing out the puberty blockers). Reenter the waypoints, have the Blind Pilotage Team and Cable Party close up and enter the bloody harbour like a sensible individual who has done it once or twice before.

That's it... that's all. Even a Fishead can figure it out. If you can't stay upright in two dimensions and 10 knots then stay home.

That was awesome.  Just when I think you've reached the ultimate limit you post a new analogy and reset the bar.

I sure hope you're working on a novel because your writing talents are being wasted here.  👍

• 2 weeks later...

We may have to redefine absurdity, the previous definition didn't account for deliberate stupidity:

Washington Post rages against George Washington University, demands name change

Ironically, the article's author doesn't call out the Washington Post, which is also named after the founding father.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Ukrainians struggle with Russian relatives seduced by propaganda 

'They are so brainwashed. I hate them.'

The liberal media already knows that propaganda works, you can see it, they're now more overt and less apologetic about it. The headline (above) means they recognize it when they see it and acknowledge it as a tool. To me, that stands as proof that what they (themselves) are doing is deliberate, Russia is simply showing them how how far it can be taken and how powerful it really is.

IMO, the only counter to propaganda is direct, first hand experience. Nothing like being right there, looking around and seeing that those news articles written in absentia are total fabrications... nothing you see matches the reporting. You feel like you've been had, and you wonder how they can get away with it. It's easy for them though, you (we and us) created the environment in which it thrives. National governments, national media and national security forces working together can get er done with impunity. Beware the unholy trinity...

That's why it takes pain for the majority to reject the trinity. There's nothing like reports of plenty while you're starving to focus the mind on reality. People will eventually arrive at a "this doesn't make any bloody sense" threshold... but only time and pain will get us there. 

I'll defer optimism until I see double masked people wearing the masks over their noses. As long as these folks walk among us, the fantasy will remain intact and propaganda will rule the day.

It's telling IMO, if that mask is below your nose, you either don't believe your own BS or are deliberately refusing to acknowledge that the steaming pile of it has a detectable odour.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1

Maybe they should hire them for the audience....

CBC hiring trauma therapists for journalists

Looks like the Freedom Convoy protesters telling off the state broadcaster and some mean tweets are really taking their toll.

9 (nine) reports/opinion pieces on CNN about the Buffalo shooting now.

Finding out information on the other US shootings, not to mention the "road rage" incident and NS shooting (cleverly disguised as a mass casualty event) though is the very definition of thirsty work. 

Why is that? Let's have a deep look into all of this and stop using tragedies, loss of life and the pain of families for political gain.... unless of course you want more, then stay the course and see your hopes fulfilled.

Online posts reveal suspected gunman spent months planning racist attack at a Buffalo supermarket

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Even Russia…the disinformation centre of the world has CBC pegged.

Russia closes Moscow bureau of Canadian broadcaster CBC

Hilarious.  Moscow closes the CBC bureau for dis-information.  Pot. Kettle. black.

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2022 at 12:14 PM, Wolfhunter said:

Finding out information on the other US shootings, not to mention the "road rage" incident and NS shooting (cleverly disguised as a mass casualty event) though is the very definition of thirsty work. 

Here's one of the shootings I was talking about.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-beatty-blames-white-supremacy-dallas-korean-salon-shooting-suspect-black

The only reason it's making the mainstream news is because a Demonrat deemed it to be a white supremacist shooting and got it wrong.... it was a black supremacist.

You might suggest that she have a good look at the statistics on who is attacking asians, trouble is, she and the media already know... which is exactly why it's not being covered.

Edited by Wolfhunter

Posted (edited)

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sussmann-trial-abc-nbc-cbs-msnbc-trump-russia

"It was the most successful disinformation campaign in living memory, and the liberal media were at best willing dupes in that success," the Post continued. "Maybe it’s not such a surprise they don’t much care to cover the trial that’s beginning to bring it all to light."

Remember the daily breathless coverage, the 24 hour a day talking heads, the litany of "the noose tightens" posts right here on the forum?

POOF, gonzo. It was never about finding out the truth. People with narratives and agendas are not interested in truth but they'll pursue spin until it makes them dizzy. Stay tuned though, I predict that if there is a not guilty verdict, liberals (and their media acolytes) will spring into full throated howling and it will more than make up for their current silence.

As I said back then (numerous times), "where the offence lies let the great axe fall." 

Edited by Wolfhunter

Posted (edited)

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6306562232112#sp=show-clips

Regardless of what you think happened, take a moment and consider the power of NOT reporting stories that DON'T fit the narrative. 

True or false, right or wrong (and it all remains to be seen IMO), without the likes of FOX and Rebel news, none of this would even be in the public domain.

I'm not judging the veracity of the information or even drawing conclusions yet... but the point is simply that all the information required to draw any conclusions at all would be deliberately buried without them.

Liberals should take a moment and consider that the tactics they currently employ can also be employed against them at some point in the future. It's not about what side you happen to be on either.... the unholy trinity always endangers democracy.

While nothing in my experience suggests otherwise, I patiently await examples that serve to prove my assertion wrong. Can anyone provide an example where the alignment between national governments, national media outlets, and national security forces has proved beneficial to the freedoms and rights of citizens so afflicted.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1

Here is an email I received from the Leslyn Lewis campaign. The issue seems very well documented.

One of the tools that the radical left uses to avoid dealing with legitimate concerns raised by conservatives, is to label everything racist, sexist, bigoted or - if all else fails - a conspiracy theory.

This tool is deliberately used to avoid accountability, so that we can't have conversations about real problems in the system. It is a form of bullying that attempts to shame people and shut down debate.

What if I told you that people with connections to the Trudeau Foundation and the WHO were deliberately trying to silence me because they don't want to talk about amendments to the International Health Regulations which will be voted on this week at the World Health Assembly in Geneva? And then, what if I added they also don’t want to talk about the Global Pandemic Treaty which is in the process of being negotiated between 193 countries?

The immediate temptation would be to say "That's a conspiracy" - right? 

Our system is broken and distrust in government, media and even academia is a direct result of institutions feeling beholden to the government that funds them. We need to restore check and balances, respect conflict of interest and promote the objectivity of academia and the media.

Here's the background:

• I raised the issue of the World Health Assembly with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau during Question Period on Wednesday, May 18, 2022
  • On Thursday the CBC - which receives $1.2 billion annually from the government - ran an article criticizing my claims
  • Quotes were featured from three allegedly neutral legal experts who chose to engage in name calling - specifically that it was "fearmongering" and - you guessed it - "a conspiracy theory".
  • CBC did not ask me to respond to any of the claims made about me or my positions by the alleged "neutral" experts in the article. 

Spoiler alert: they were not neutral at all.

A basic Google search of the experts chosen to discredit me reveals immediate conflicts of interest and important political linkages.

Have a look at the individuals that CBC chose to put in the article, and - more importantly - look at the information they chose to exclude.

Timothy Caulfield

Mr. Caulfield is listed online as a member of the Trudeau Foundation. This was NOT mentioned in the article.

A quick scan of Timothy Caulfield's Twitter account shows dismissive and divisive language against those who have chosen to not be vaccinated against COVID-19, and articles with headlines like: "No, You're Not Entitled To Your Own Opinion."

I couldn't disagree more. We all need to be able to have - and voice - our own opinions. That's freedom of speech, and it's critical to the health of our democracy. 

Dr. Steven Hoffman

Dr. Hoffman is also listed online as a member of the Trudeau Foundation. This was also NOT mentioned in the article.

But even more importantly, Dr. Hoffman, in addition to his linkage to the Trudeau Foundation, has a direct employment link to the federal government. He is a Director for the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, which reports to Jean-Yves Duclos, the federal Minister of Health.

Minister Duclos is leading Canada's delegation to Geneva for the World Health Assembly talks. Essentially, Dr. Hoffman was defending his boss in the media, but without letting people know who his boss is.

To their credit, the CBC did actually mention that Dr. Hoffman is doing work with the WHO.

Dr. Kelley Lee

Dr. Lee is a former WHO employee. It's totally fine to have a former employee defend the WHO, but the CBC should have declared this.

It is also not mentioned that Dr. Lee's position is funded by the Canadian Research Chairs Program, which is funded by the federal government and overseen in part by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research.

As already mentioned, CIHR reports to Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos.

To be clear: I doubt that there were any discussions between these individuals and the Minister's Office or even the PMO. But when academics are connected with the Trudeau Foundation, have active and historic working relationships with the WHO, and have employment income stemming directly from the federal government, it's easy to spot potential conflicts of interest and bias.

As Conservatives we need to have the courage to speak up on issues like Canadian sovereignty. We can't let online name calling from the Left or pundits in the media stop us from defending Canada's interests. Canadians are depending on us to speak the truth.

I am ready to respectfully - but directly - push back against faulty media narratives. 

We need to be ready to proudly communicate a conservative position on all issues - even the most difficult ones.

With the vote in Geneva happening this week, I will continue to push for the Liberal government and other voting delegates to do what is right, and reject these amendments to the International Health Regulations.

Posted (edited)

Quote of the day:

"Voting is surging in Georgia despite controversial new election law," The Post reported that early voting in Georgia was seeing its largest turnout ever, laying waste to its own claims, as well as those of Democrats and other left-wing figures, that the law, signed by Gov. Brian Kemp in March 2021, amounted to Republican attempts to make it harder for people to vote."  

Edited by Wolfhunter

Posted (edited)

If nothing else, Hilary has shown us that you can get "intelligence experts" to say whatever you pay them to say. We saw that in the WMD rhetoric as well. Remember how the folks who said "wait a minute, this doesn't make sense" were ridiculed?

None of it works without the trinity, and don't take my word for it either....ask a refugee. Those who can't bring themselves to see the connection can count on experiencing the outcome. It's a bit like proving the existence of oxygen to someone who doesn't believe it exists... only pain can do it.

The third element creates the threat in subtle form, the second element reports and exaggerates that threat, the first element counters the threat in order to keep a frightened population safe. When it's working smoothly, the process is both circular and bi-directional and like masks worn below the nose, the effects linger long after the evil has faded. It just takes time and repetition.

Here we have the third element of the unholy trinity on full display. Quote of the day from CBC (which just so happens to be the second element). In this case it appears to be in reverse order... it's not, but that's the objective, it's not an accident. In this case, it's actually circular... It supports and adds a sense of urgency to pending legislation to protect YOU from misinformation. And by now, you now who's spreading the misinformation... right? 

Canada's intelligence community will have to grapple with the growing influence of anti-democratic forces in the United States — including the threat posed by conservative media outlets like Fox News — says a new report from a task force of intelligence experts.

Edited by Wolfhunter