Justin Trudeau

Jaydee

7 hours ago, Skeptic said:

Just think of the savings.

Conspiracy theorists aren't wrong... just early. This was one of my fears from the start. I foolishly hoped we would collectively be wiser and more compassionate.

People just can't stop at something intended to be humane or something that makes sense... always the extremes. I wonder if the people who championed this idea are now appalled at where it's headed. I remember a while back reading about a lady that wanted the MAID option because she couldn't find an affordable apartment.... not sure how it turned out. 

Savings in prisons, savings in medical care, and organ harvesting for the wealthy. No need for life insurance either, the payout will be part of the organ donor contract... and why not, people should be able to donate to whoever they choose. Doctors and nurses will soon be encouraging high cost individuals to consider the MAID option.... if they're not doing that already and I'm just cynical enough to believe that they are. If you want that, fine, I'm all for YOU having it.

But, and it's a big but, leave me out of it. Don't be taking away my options, don't be withholding medical intervention because it's costly. I want no part of this new world order.... stay on your own side of the fence and we can get along just fine. I'm prepared to defend your rights but across the board, I see mine slipping away and 70 percenters want their hands on that pull rug. They will always say that it's about options.... just before they limit or eliminate mine.

I have only one question, can you stay on your own side of the fence, in other words, are you willing to defend my right to opt out of your world? A pretty small ask for peaceful coexistence I think... all you have to do to get along with me is nothing. Stay off ny property, stay out of my canoe, stop rooting through my garbage to see if I sorted it properly, stop monitoring my movements with mandatory apps. Everything I want from you is prefixed with STOP. The ARR CAN APP is now mandatory and I don't have a smart phone. So now, after 32 years in your military and 10 foreign deployments, I can't even enter my own bloody country without having to fight you in court.... see what I mean by stop? 

So... can you do that? All I need is a one word answer. 

Edited by Wolfhunter

Pro-Trudeau propaganda outlet “fact-checks” independent journalism

What do you do if you are Justin Trudeau and an independent journalist exposes your flawed Covid response? You deploy the “fact-checkers” at Press Progress to discredit that reporting and the journalist, of course! That’s exactly what happened this week when Press Progress jumped at the chance to protect Trudeau by labelling Rupa Subramanya’s bombshell report as “misleading.”

Plus, the woke Trudeau government has now set its sights on Alexander Graham Bell. Bell is being investigated by the government for posthumous honours due to “controversial beliefs”. Apparently those “controversial beliefs” include the idea that society should teach deaf people to learn to read lips so they could assimilate into the rest of society. Because of that, all of his honour and recognition for inventing the telephone must be cancelled. We wouldn’t want someone who represents the greatness of old Canada be celebrated today!

And transportation minister Omar Alghabra takes home the Ratio of the Week award for his pathetic follow-up act of Chrsytia Freeland trying to convince us that the government loves truckers.

https://tnc.news/2022/08/15/ratiod-trudeau-factcheck/

HOW TO START EACH DAY WITH A POSITIVE OUTLOOK

1. Open a new file in your computer.

2. Name it "Justin Trudeau"

3. Send it to the Recycle Bin.

4. Empty the Recycle Bin.

5. Your PC will ask you: 'Do you really want to get rid of ‘Justin Trudeau "?

6. Click 'Yes.'

7. Feel better?

READ !

https://www.jccf.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Canadas-Road-to-Beijing_FINAL.pdf

“ Canada is moving quickly toward a greater reliance on digital identification (digital ID) and digital currency technologies to form the basis of the relationship between state and citizen. Like physical ID, digital ID technologies allow users to prove their identity and to access services and goods. But digital ID is more comprehensive than physical ID, capturing data attributes such as (for example) usernames and passwords, birth dates, social security numbers, medical histories, online search activities, and even purchasing behaviors. These technologies enable Canadian governments to access vital personal and financial information about Canadian citizens and to store this information in databases. Further, these technologies arm Canadian governments to act upon what they know about their citizens: to intervene in their affairs and, in some cases, to place unjustified restrictions on their Charter-protected rights and freedoms.

For some purposes, it is admittedly convenient to be able to renew a driver’s license, or to view laboratory results, online. However, the convenience of digital ID is far outweighed by its potential cost: Canadian governments now have the ability to access detailed, personal, confidential, and real-time information about Canadians’ personal affairs. Indeed, digital ID equips governments to know where you are, where you travel, what you do, what you say and share, what you earn, own, spend and possess. Digital ID also equips governments to violate the rights and freedoms which Canadians have enjoyed for centuries, treating these, instead, as privileges to be earned by ‘correct’ behavior. Have Canadians fully considered where this type of technology leads? “

Posted (edited)

Canada’s weird belief that prime ministers can never, ever fly commercial

This month, both the U.K. prime minister and the Canadian prime minister went on vacations to foreign countries: Britain’s Boris Johnson took his wife to a resort in Slovenia while Canada’s Justin Trudeau took his family to Costa Rica.

The big difference was in how they got there. Trudeau was dropped off and picked up by a Challenger jet flying two 8,000-kilometre roundtrips from Ottawa. Johnson flew commercial.

Johnson oversees a country with a dramatically larger population, economy and military than Canada’s. He also faces a much denser thicket of security threats. It’s within living memory that British PMs have been targeted by terrorist bombings and mortar attacks. Just last year, one of Johnson’s own caucus was assassinated in a public appearance at a church.

C448DA3E-4673-45B7-8A7E-F9FE4F76A964.jpeg

Edited by Jaydee

7 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

Conspiracy theorists aren't wrong... just early. This was one of my fears from the start. I foolishly hoped we would collectively be wiser and more compassionate.

People just can't stop at something intended to be humane or something that makes sense... always the extremes. I wonder if the people who championed this idea are now appalled at where it's headed. I remember a while back reading about a lady that wanted the MAID option because she couldn't find an affordable apartment.... not sure how it turned out. 

Savings in prisons, savings in medical care, and organ harvesting for the wealthy. No need for life insurance either, the payout will be part of the organ donor contract... and why not, people should be able to donate to whoever they choose. Doctors and nurses will soon be encouraging high cost individuals to consider the MAID option.... if they're not doing that already and I'm just cynical enough to believe that they are. If you want that, fine, I'm all for YOU having it.

But, and it's a big but, leave me out of it. Don't be taking away my options, don't be withholding medical intervention because it's costly. I want no part of this new world order.... stay on your own side of the fence and we can get along just fine. I'm prepared to defend your rights but across the board, I see mine slipping away and 70 percenters want their hands on that pull rug. They will always say that it's about options.... just before they limit or eliminate mine.

I have only one question, can you stay on your own side of the fence, in other words, are you willing to defend my right to opt out of your world? A pretty small ask for peaceful coexistence I think... all you have to do to get along with me is nothing. Stay off ny property, stay out of my canoe, stop rooting through my garbage to see if I sorted it properly, stop monitoring my movements with mandatory apps. Everything I want from you is prefixed with STOP. The ARR CAN APP is now mandatory and I don't have a smart phone. So now, after 32 years in your military and 10 foreign deployments, I can't even enter my own bloody country without having to fight you in court.... see what I mean by stop? 

So... can you do that? All I need is a one word answer. 

I believe that cognisant, sane adults who wish to end their lives through MAD should not face any barriers. 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Skeptic said:

I believe that cognisant, sane adults who wish to end their lives through MAD should not face any barriers. 

Agreed. As long as it’s not a government making the choice for you. Problem is cognizant doesn’t matter anymore as in the Nova Scotia case. In this case the government IS making the final decision at the time of death. It’s one thing to say a month before the due date you consent to be killed but when confronted with the fact that in 30 seconds it’s game over, no replays allowed, suddenly **bleep** gets real and you may want to change your mind. With the old rules you had to give final consent right up to the point of no return.

“ The province is also adopting Audrey’s Amendment, which eliminates the requirement that patients undergoing a medically assisted death be completely conscious to provide consent at the time of death.”

Audrey’s Amendment refers to Audrey Parker, a Nova Scotian with terminal cancer who received a medically assisted death sooner than she wanted because she feared she wouldn’t be well enough to give late-stage consent.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9048043/nova-scotia-restrictions-assisted-death/amp/

Edited by Jaydee

There is no reason why we could not build in a "mulligan" for a one time use by those who change their minds. The other problem of course is an agreed upon definition of "Sane".

Insanity Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Insanity - definition of insanity by The Free Dictionary

Sane definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary (collinsdictionary.com)

The elimination of a need to be completely conscious to provide consent at the time of death makes sense to me as long as prior to that time all the necessary paperwork has been completed to establish the desire to have MAD.  

20 hours ago, Skeptic said:

That wasn't my question though and for me, it's not even the main issue as long as I have the right to opt out. I don't think that's unreasonable.

I'm prepared to defend your access to MAID (based on the fact that you want it) but (BUT) I don't want any part of it.

Can you stay on your side of the fence and will you defend my right to opt out of your world? I see no evidence of that to date and Ill simply use the ARR CAN APP as an easy example of what I mean. My passport says (something to the effect of) the bearer of this document is a citizen of Canada." That's something that used to be a source of pride for me ... it no longer is. 

At some future date, I don't want to have to fight you in court to get medical treatment simply because it's an expensive procedure to waste on a prime candidate for MAID. When I return to my own country with nothing more than a valid passport and the clothes on my back, I don't want to have to fight you in court for not having a smart phone or filling out an online APP. That right of return is mine (and yours) by birth.

I don't want you to mandate what injections I get or what I think  Nor do I want you to force me to say things I don't believe under the banner of compelled speech.

Look at how far we have descended in the last 5-7 years and consider that descent trajectory projected into the future within the context of me wanting nothing... can I have that and will you defend my right to have it with the same commitment I'm prepared to invest in yours.

So far, I see none of that on any level.  

Edited by Wolfhunter

19 hours ago, Skeptic said:

The elimination of a need to be completely conscious to provide consent at the time of death makes sense to me as long as prior to that time all the necessary paperwork has been completed to establish the desire to have MAD.  

The problem is the unintended consequences. There will be pressure by medical personnel or by kids who want to ne free of parental care or even just to inherit. The whole thing is a terrible idea. Mind you it is happening anyway as the nurses and doctors just keep increasing the morphine dose.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, GDR said:

The problem is the unintended consequences. 

Agreed, and that's why the opt out clause is essential to getting me (and those like me) onboard with future liberal causes... otherwise there can be no agreement, no compromise and no further discussion. My party, if/when they get elected, will utterly eviscerate those policies with my full support. My concern is simply that "your option" suddenly becomes my problem with mandatory compliance on MY part. There's no need of it. You can have what you want with my blessings as long as you don't try to stuff it down my throat.

Abortion access right now in the US is good example. It's a complicated issue to be sure, and at the risk of oversimplifying it, Democrats could have avoided inflaming anti-abortion sentiments across the board by doing NOTHING. If abortion during live birth is your thing, expect pushback in full measure and realize that it's well deserved and here to stay.

I think we can do better...  if you want to die and you want MAID then go for it. But stay on your own side of the fence and don't apply any of it to me, especially if I happen to be incapacitated.

Good Lord, how did we even get here? Now, when I think back on a career that spanned more than 3 decades I feel the need to have a shower.

Edited by Wolfhunter

26 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Here’s a good starting point.

I would (perhaps foolishly) think that there's more to it than the influence of a few dangerous fools over a short time span. We are now talking about the collective nature of country and it's population. Did he really have the power to scare such a huge portion of the population into becoming something we previously would have shunned? Not sure... I hope not though, it would mean that as a nation, we have become weak and cowardly. 

I'm struck by the notion that the above conversation about MAID is one that you would never have with anyone in a country where life is hard. Why is that and is there a lesson in it?

In addition, I remain gobsmacked that 37% ofCanadians were in favour of interning their unvaccinated neighbours. Normally you have to put on a blue hat and flak jacket to ever experience such a thing. On the plus side though, in those places the weather is usually warm, most of your pay is tax free, and the notion of Canadian freedoms are still held in high esteem and envied by all. More than they are here it seems.    

Well, for me MAID is no longer a discussion point, it's an election issue. I'm now convinced that those who want this have absolutely no intention of remaining on their own side of the fence regardless of what they say now.

Any party I vote for will need to take a firm stand against what I can only describe as evil. Hopefully we have become the only country on the planet to recommend suicide to injured combat veterans while withholding treatment.... if we are, that's nothing to be proud of IMO.

Dude, WTF did you do with my country? All ya had to do was leave the initial MAID option alone  (in other words, do nothing)... we could have gotten along just fine.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/another-case-of-a-sick-canadian-offered-death-instead-of-treatment-this-time-a-veteran

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Skeptic said:

Where is it written that the PM of Canada is forbidden to fly and pay for travel on commercial flights? 

I don't think it's forbidden (don't really know) but the PM should not fly commercial.  I'm perfectly content, as a taxpayer, to pay for him to use government aircraft if he ever decides to do actual productive work for the people.

3 hours ago, Seeker said:

I don't think it's forbidden (don't really know) but the PM should not fly commercial.  I'm perfectly content, as a taxpayer, to pay for him to use government aircraft if he ever decides to do actual productive work for the people.

and the odds of that are???????  🙃  Why should he not fly commercial. Leaders of larger countries than Canada do.  What is so special about our PM? 

FIRST READING: Canada’s weird belief that prime ministers can never, ever fly commercial | National Post