Justin Trudeau

Jaydee

37 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

As for the enormous cost for planes and personnel etc etc etc etc required to do all this CONSTANT Political campaigning, chartering a jet of the required size from one of our national airlines would go a long way to show Canadians he cares about them rather than his ego.

‘Just my opinion of course.

Pilots have to fly. Aviation Mechanics have to work on aircraft. These are skills that need to be maintained and you maintain them by actually doing your job.

So is it better to have them flying the PM around or just doing joy rides to go see a girl friend, (boy friend or whatever). It can actually be looked on as a cost saving from the tax payers POV. 

My objection is that this trip was nothing but another holiday while the country's economy is crumbling, the mandates are still hammering our transportation systems etc. He is out doing retail politics and not doing his job. (Mind you we are probably better off that way anyway.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Canada unexpectedly sheds jobs for second month as labour force shrinks 

Workers continue to drop out of the labour force.

Canadian employment levels unexpectedly fell for a second straight month in July, as workers continued to drop out of the labour force. The jobless rate remained at record lows.

The economy shed 30,600 jobs last month, Statistics Canada reported Friday in Ottawa, a surprise negative reading compared to the 15,000 gain anticipated by economists. The jobless rate remained at 4.9 per cent, because the labour force also shrank by a similar amount.

https://financialpost.com/news/economy/canada-employment-falls-for-second-month-as-labor-force-shrinks?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Posted- Weekend 2022-08-06&utm_term=NP_HeadlineNews

• Sad 1

Canada unexpectedly sheds jobs for second month as labour force shrinks 

Workers continue to drop out of the labour force.

Canadian employment levels unexpectedly fell for a second straight month in July, as workers continued to drop out of the labour force. The jobless rate remained at record lows.

The economy shed 30,600 jobs last month, Statistics Canada reported Friday in Ottawa, a surprise negative reading compared to the 15,000 gain anticipated by economists. The jobless rate remained at 4.9 per cent, because the labour force also shrank by a similar amount.

https://financialpost.com/news/economy/canada-employment-falls-for-second-month-as-labor-force-shrinks?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Posted- Weekend 2022-08-06&utm_term=NP_HeadlineNews

https://financialpost.com/commodities/agriculture/crop-yields-will-suffer-fertilizer-reduction-targets-pitting-farmers-against-federal-government?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1660045342

Crop yields will suffer': Fertilizer reduction targets pitting farmers against federal government 

Tactic to lower emissions will reduce yields at a time when food security is a major concern, farmers argue

C63ED161-5F2B-4130-8EC2-0F9868BFAA4C.jpeg

6E85F558-5648-49D3-9A94-C890DA672525.jpeg

Quid pro quo????? I guess I’m just suspicious of anything Trudeau does, but I find it hard to believe a company that doesn’t have any presence outside of the US would choose to locate in a jurisdiction that mandates the working language of the business to be in French. 
And what about a competitive bidding process during future epidemics instead of priority given to Moderna?

In April, it was announced that the agreement to open the facility came with a pledge from the federal government to prioritize vaccine stock purchases from Moderna during future epidemics or disease outbreaks.

Moderna says construction of its new mRNA vaccine factory in Laval, Que. will begin later this year, with production expected to begin by the end of 2024.

It will be the pharmaceutical giant's first manufacturing facility outside the United States and cost an estimated $180 million to construct.

Moderna says it has agreed to purchase land in the Montreal suburb's biotechnology park, to serve as the site of its biomanufacturing facility.

The Massachusetts-based company says the site is ideal because it is home to a campus of a renowned Quebec research institute, the Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique (INRS).

Moderna announced in April that it would build a factory in the Montreal area … 

• Like 1

That sound you hear could be the country fragmenting 

The Liberal government's fixation with Trudeau-style climate action is fracturing Canada

Does it have the authority?

And, if indeed it does have the authority, a question not nearly as clear as the Liberal government believes or presumes, is whether it has the moral and political rights to exercise that authority? Just because something can be done is never the same as it should be done.

I refer to the Trudeau government’s vast and sweeping announcements that flow with its so-greatly touted climate agenda. Mandates, regulations, ministerial decrees, invasions into the practices of various industries, what look to be arbitrary impingements on provincial jurisdictions — they just seem to happen. And if the claim is made — as it always is — that such and such a declaration or edict “will reduce emissions,” that, from the Liberals’ point of view, is it.

But are they all a legitimate exercise of government power? And if — I seriously doubt — they are legitimate, the more serious question is: Are they wise? Do they help or hurt the Confederation?

And if so — I repeat, a dubious and I think an untested assumption — are they nonetheless an unjustified walk-over of citizens’ and provincial rights and privileges?

Do they help or hurt the Confederation?

Take a very trivial example.

That pathetic white plastic cutlery you get at every takeout — is it a world hazard? Must be so. One-time Greenpeace protest performer, now a cabinet minister in the Canadian federal government, Steven Guilbeault, has declared it is being banned. Who gave Guilbeault this fastidious latitude? You don’t oversee his utensils. Why has he leave to choose yours?

It may be a small point but it is a big question. What does a national government have to do with the private use of plastic forks? Has it no other business to attend to? And — I know this is a useless question — was this petty and precious ruling ever debated? Did Guilbeault raise his hand in cabinet and introduce the topic? Was Jagmeet Singh, the Liberals’ NDP comforter, consulted?

That’s the small stuff, but don’t dismiss it. There may come a time when bringing plastic knives and forks into Canada may be a smuggling offence. And caught for such, you may not get bail.

Now on to the much bigger stuff. Out of the great, stuffy, infertile Ottawa bubble recently came the edict that farmers must cut down on emissions from fertilizer, which means cutting down on fertilizer. After which debate? By what power?

What is the legal or constitutional status of this decree? I already know there was no prior consultation with western premiers or their agricultural ministers. It came as a fixed target, not up for discussion. It was a federal order.

Can a national government tell its citizens how they should farm, decide on their fertilizer requirements, potentially savaging the occupations and lives of those people?

May I throw in the most rhetorical of rhetorical questions. Did Guilbeault, or Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland, or Prime Minister Justin Trudeau himself, convene meetings with actual farmers and their families before bringing in these measures?

Did any or all of them — via government jet, Pearson is such a bore these days — drop in to Weyburn, or Redvers, or Red Deer or — this is the real challenge — Fort McMurray, to ask the people whose lives and jobs are at stake under this fixation with the Trudeau brand of  “climate action,” what they might have to say? Did they test their “law” with the people who have to live with it? The question is its own answer.

As always I must ask — and I know people do not like to be reminded of this question — whether, if farming were as important in Quebec as it is in Saskatchewan, a Trudeau government would issue, arbitrarily, the same mandate? If Ontario was the oil province of Canada, would there not be pipelines going in every direction of the compass?

~

Which leads me to another point. We are in a two-tier Confederation. Perhaps even a three-tier one.

Quebec is a solidly protected singular independent-in-all-but-name entity. It is as close to being a sovereign nation as one can be while still wearing provincial brocade.

“ We are in a two-tier Confederation. Perhaps even three “

Ontario with its population and wealth, and being the centre of finance, communications and parliamentary seats, is a king among barons. The Atlantic provinces — a mere addendum, worth a fly-by but essentially, each on their own, without real force or voice in the Confederation. And British Columbia, sometimes a player, more often a spectator of Ottawa’s distant machinations.

Back to the central point. Where in a Confederation does the power lie for a national government to target, assault and injure the central economic concerns of certain provinces on a say-so? These edicts, measures, bans — call them what you will — keep coming down, as if such great national issues merely require, to take effect, a photo-op besides some tree, with a cluster of nodding ministers behind the PM. And we’re supposed to accept them.

Outpost provinces, the second-tier group, must bend to the central voice.

Nothing is too small, and nothing is too consequential, to slip by the ministrations of this hard-green government. It can’t fix what is in its remit, from airports to boil-water advisories to the issuing of passports. Yet it plans to fix the world. It is a grievous folly. COVID inured us to be obedient to voices on high. Green alarmists insist we do.

To which I offer an axiom: Great ambitions are the most powerful seduction: the idea you are saving the planet allows full excuse to what you think you can do, but over which you have no command whatsoever.

Our country, under this imperative mindset, is unwittingly toying with its own fragmentation.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-that-sound-you-hear-could-be-the-country-fragmenting

Edited by Jaydee

Speculation has it she might be shuffled out of her position at the end of the month but probably remain in cabinet. I guess being Trudeaus concubine …ummmm errrrr ahhhhhhh…..”overseas executive travelling assistant” “ has its benefits.

Mélanie Joly’s performance as foreign affairs minister. Joly epitomizes the peter principle: she has risen to her level of incompetence. It is time to get her out of this job before something bad happens.”

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor-melanie-joly-is-failing-upwards

Edited by Jaydee

You can only hope this poor excuse for a government can leverage assistance rendered to the DR to help get the Corporate flight crew released:

https://torontosun.com/news/national/international-support-for-miners-rescue-was-heartwarming-says-company-president

https://globalnews.ca/news/8919553/canadian-flight-crew-held-in-dominican-republic-appeals-to-prime-minister-for-help/

After watching the plight of the 2 Michael’s, I wouldn’t have too much hope.