Justin Trudeau

Jaydee

Trudeau insults Emancipation Day by giving pass to slave labour

Every week I could write a column on the many ways that Justin Trudeau is a hypocrite.

But even I’m surprised by Trudeau’s insincerity on an issue as serious as slavery.

Canadians can soon expect Trudeau to make comments on social media in honour of Emancipation Day. It’s one of the most important days of the year, when we remember the men and women who fought to end slavery in the British Empire in 1834.

Trudeau may even pat his own government on the back for being the first to officially recognize August 1 as Emancipation Day last year.

But, any true believer in the spirit of Emancipation Day should feel insulted by our current prime minister. While he presents as though he’d be on the right side of history two hundred years ago, Trudeau gives a pass to slave labour today.

Literally, right before our eyes, Trudeau allows for goods made by slaves to be sold in our country.

Let’s take a close look at one industry in particular: personal protective equipment. It’s an industry close to our hearts after the horrors that humanity experienced during the COVID pandemic.

Supermax medical gloves are alleged to be made by slave labour in Malaysia. In October 2021, the United States cancelled all of its contracts with the Supermax corporation.

U.K. politicians then called for an investigation into the company as well.

Trudeau Liberals made it seem as though they had followed suit in January 2022, when Public Services and Procurement Canada announced they were terminating two contracts with Supermax worth over $222 million. But, eight months later, the Trudeau government still allows for Supermax gloves to be sold in Canada.

Three companies, each of which are listed in the Fortune 500, continue to sell these medical gloves suspected of being made by slaves. Henry Schein, ironically named one of the Ethisphere’s most ethical companies in the world, sells Supermax gloves under the brand Aurelia. Patterson Dental contradicts its own supplier compliance standards by selling the same gloves. You can also buy the gloves from Avantor, which violates its own policy to prevent slave labour in its supply chain.

Keep this in mind for perspective.

Back in February, the Trudeau Liberals froze the bank account of a single mother earning minimum wage because she donated $50 to the trucker convoy.

They froze the accounts of hundreds of other Canadians, too, for supporting the truckers. But they expect us to believe they can’t stop Fortune 500 companies from selling medical gloves made by slaves?

It’s clear that Trudeau is willing to use his power to punish political opponents but will not use his power to punish companies that use slave labour.

Canada’s Liberal government has also continued its business dealings with the Chinese Communist Party, even after the Chinese government was condemned globally for enslaving Uyghur Muslims in the Xinjiang region of China. In 2021 it was revealed that Trudeau Liberals spent hundreds of thousands of dollars of taxpayer money to purchase medical gloves from the Chinese state-owned Sinopharm.

It would be wise for Prime Minister Trudeau to sit Emancipation Day out this year. He’s got plenty of issues to work on, if he wants to convince Canadians that he cares about abolishing slavery.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/jivani-trudeau-insults-emancipation-day-by-giving-pass-to-slave-labour

Wow …what a show!! The smiles, the pride of raising the Canadian flag, the patronizing statements, we have your backs….gosh darn, we are just so good….you can trust the word of Trudeau while bobble heads Freeland and July look on with fawning admiration!

Like our commitments for clean water for the indigenous populations, our commitments to the oil and gas sector, the chaos at airports, CBSA, Catsa, the passport debacle,  and most glaringly, our support to the Afghan interpreters….Canada fails once again on the international scene…

OTTAWA — Nearly three months after Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made a surprise visit to Kyiv to officially reopen our country’s embassy there, Canada’s diplomatic presence in the war-torn nation’s capital remains shuttered.

Global News reporter Ashleigh Stewart first reported the closure on Thursday, tweeting photos of Canada’s Kostelna Street chancery with a laminated sign taped to its iron gates informing visitors — in both English and French — that the embassy has “suspended its operations due to the security situation.”

The sign directs those seeking consular services to book an appointment at the Canadian consulate in Lviv, about 450 kilometres west of Kyiv near the Polish border.

The wording of the sign matches that found on Global Affairs Canada’s website.

Stewart tweeted that a security guard told her nobody was working inside the padlocked and shuttered building.

Global Affairs spokesman Jason Kung told the National Post the embassy never reopened, and that ongoing security concerns kept the building vacant.

Posted (edited)

🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 

“ He’s too woke, an idiot, preachy in tone, exceedingly smug, lacking in leadership, fading in celebrity, slow to act, short-sighted in vision and generally getting more irritating with every breathlessly whispered public pronouncement. And that’s just the one-sentence summary.“

Don Martin: The fall of Justin Trudeau has begun

The Justin Trudeau brand is in trouble.

The 2015 fresh prince of politics with the celebrity hair and rock star aura is heading into a 2022 summer of inflation-driven Canadian discontent as a faded force of personality in need of an exit strategy.

You know there’s a reputation hit happening when Trudeau becomes the unnamed star of a children’s book "How the Prime Minister Stole Freedom," a satire about his handling of the Freedom Convoy and vaccination mandates, which now sits atop the Amazon Canada bestseller list.

On a more serious vein, there’s an alarm sounding over his leadership style when former top bureaucrat Paul Tellier unleashes in Policy Options magazine, warning Trudeau’s control freakdom of an office is “in the process of destroying the public service … and the word ‘destroying’ is not too strong

TOO WOKE, TOO PRECIOUS'

And while this is hardly scientific, after a weeks-long survey of just about everyone I’ve met and many of them Liberals by voting inclination, the overall judgment on Trudeau is one of being a political write-off with their body language alternating between exasperation and eye rolls.

He’s too woke, too precious, preachy in tone, exceedingly smug, lacking in leadership, fading in celebrity, slow to act, short-sighted in vision and generally getting more irritating with every breathlessly whispered public pronouncement. And that’s just the one-sentence summary.

As one prominent and wealthy 40-year Liberal supporter told me: “I won’t send them another dime until he’s gone. He’s a wimp.

Trudeau is, of course, undoubtedly oblivious to all this. He didn’t even break a sniffle during question period Tuesday, although he seemed to have great trouble answering questions without reading a script as he copes with a second COVID-19 infection.

Speaking of pivoting to a current sign of the prime minister’s ailing status, his media party at 24 Sussex Dr. returns Wednesday with Trudeau away in COVID isolation. I asked a colleague if the missing celebrity host would hinder press gallery attendance. “Actually, I think it’ll be much better without him.”

There’s little doubt a lot of Liberals are thinking the same way about their party under Justin Trudeau.

That's the bottom line.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/don-martin-the-fall-of-justin-trudeau-has-begun-1.5946788?fbclid=IwAR10uMjK9fA_qodckdIvro8tiR19VcWVAzuVHEuerY6mx2Zb_Y_UWcJuIhk

Edited by Jaydee

1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 

“ He’s too woke, an idiot, preachy in tone, exceedingly smug, lacking in leadership, fading in celebrity, slow to act, short-sighted in vision and generally getting more irritating with every breathlessly whispered public pronouncement. And that’s just the one-sentence summary.“

Don Martin: The fall of Justin Trudeau has begun

The Justin Trudeau brand is in trouble.

The 2015 fresh prince of politics with the celebrity hair and rock star aura is heading into a 2022 summer of inflation-driven Canadian discontent as a faded force of personality in need of an exit strategy.

You know there’s a reputation hit happening when Trudeau becomes the unnamed star of a children’s book "How the Prime Minister Stole Freedom," a satire about his handling of the Freedom Convoy and vaccination mandates, which now sits atop the Amazon Canada bestseller list.

On a more serious vein, there’s an alarm sounding over his leadership style when former top bureaucrat Paul Tellier unleashes in Policy Options magazine, warning Trudeau’s control freakdom of an office is “in the process of destroying the public service … and the word ‘destroying’ is not too strong

TOO WOKE, TOO PRECIOUS'

And while this is hardly scientific, after a weeks-long survey of just about everyone I’ve met and many of them Liberals by voting inclination, the overall judgment on Trudeau is one of being a political write-off with their body language alternating between exasperation and eye rolls.

He’s too woke, too precious, preachy in tone, exceedingly smug, lacking in leadership, fading in celebrity, slow to act, short-sighted in vision and generally getting more irritating with every breathlessly whispered public pronouncement. And that’s just the one-sentence summary.

As one prominent and wealthy 40-year Liberal supporter told me: “I won’t send them another dime until he’s gone. He’s a wimp.

Trudeau is, of course, undoubtedly oblivious to all this. He didn’t even break a sniffle during question period Tuesday, although he seemed to have great trouble answering questions without reading a script as he copes with a second COVID-19 infection.

Speaking of pivoting to a current sign of the prime minister’s ailing status, his media party at 24 Sussex Dr. returns Wednesday with Trudeau away in COVID isolation. I asked a colleague if the missing celebrity host would hinder press gallery attendance. “Actually, I think it’ll be much better without him.”

There’s little doubt a lot of Liberals are thinking the same way about their party under Justin Trudeau.

That's the bottom line.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/don-martin-the-fall-of-justin-trudeau-has-begun-1.5946788?fbclid=IwAR10uMjK9fA_qodckdIvro8tiR19VcWVAzuVHEuerY6mx2Zb_Y_UWcJuIhk

The article was written on 

Published June 14, 2022 3:20 p.m. MDT
.................................  he has hung in despite any qualms from fellow Liberals but perhaps his new haircut and mean nothing summer travel when matched to his current itinerary are  a portent of  a coming walk in the snow after being blessed ? by the pope. 

How Justin cut down on his energy consumption and is now taking a vacation trip outside of Canada. 

Prime minister spent all but 11 days last month in the air

Bryan Passifiume - 
image.png.87ab27370acacfe00fa2f40c7db6a609.png

OTTAWA — As the prime minister and his family kick off August with a two-week Costa Rica vacation, he leaves behind a July with more time spent in the air than he did during the entirety of last summer — including a 5,500 km flight to spend six hours at the Calgary Stampede.

Data collected from online flight tracker websites show Justin Trudeau spent all but 11 days of July aboard CANFORCE ONE, flying a total of 26,238 km across 20 flights, all within Canada.

That’s compared to 26,059 km flown between June 1 and Aug. 31, 2021 — including last summer’s G7 summit in the U.K., as well as the June 13-15 NATO summit in Belgium.

The PM’s public itinerary shows most stops last month were photo opportunities, site tours or chats with local residents.

It doesn’t list attendance at non-governmental or party events, but Elections Canada data show four Liberal party fundraising events last month.

Three of those fundraisers — July 5 in Unionville, Ont., July 10 in Calgary and July 20 in Halifax — coincided with prime ministerial visits in those cities.

Two of the events were tree plantings — one on July 7 in Sudbury, Ont., with Environment Minister Steven Guilbeault, and another July 9 in Milton, Ont., just hours after the PM arrived on a 1,289 km  flight from Truro, N.S., where he delivered an apology to descendants of 2 Construction Battalion.

Hours after planting trees in Milton, the PM embarked on a 2,700 km flight to Calgary, where he flipped pancakes at a Liberal party Stampede breakfast.

Six hours later the PM was back in the air flying 3,000 km. to Montreal for a roundtable meeting and photo op, before a 132 km. hop east to Sherbrooke to visit an electric aircraft tug manufacturer, where according to local media he refused to take questions.

After a one-day trip to Toronto July 16 to attend a parade and speak at a convention, the PM began a four-day, cross-country tour with a surprise trip to the Okanagan on July 18.

From Penticton, he flew to Vancouver for a July 19 policy announcement, followed by a photo opportunity at a children’s camp.

The PM was back in the air July 20 for a 4,400 km flight to Halifax, his second trip to the city that month, for what his official itinerary lists as “private meetings” — the same day federal Liberals held a fundraiser in that city.

The PM wrapped his tour of the Maritimes with hand-shaking in Charlottetown, P.E.I., before returning to Ottawa that evening.

That P.E.I. stopover resulted in a “torrent” of abuse directed at a brewpub that hosted one of the PM’s events in Charlottetown, with management of the Lone Oak Brewing Company posting on Facebook that one of their delivery vans had been vandalized after staff posted photos of the July 22 visit.

The balance of July was spent participating in Pope Francis’ six-day visit, including meeting the pontiff’s plane in Edmonton on July 24, and attending mass in Quebec City July 27.

Canadian PMs can’t fly commercially, and rely on a fleet of RCAF Challenger 650 business jets, or larger CC-150 Polaris transport aircraft for overseas trips.

Online calculators suggest the PM’s flights released nearly 120 metric tonnes of carbon dioxide into the environment last month.

The shortest flight was a 14-minute, 57 km hop between Charlottetown and Summerside, P.E.I.

RCAF crews also performed an empty 62 km deadhead flight on July 18 from Kelowna, B.C., to pick up the PM in Penticton before continuing on to Vancouver.

Senior government officials have garnered criticism over their VIP travel use.

During a March 2019 Florida vacation, the prime minister took a Challenger jet on a 4,200 km round trip to attend  meetings in Ottawa.

Earlier this year, the National Post reported the prime minister had flown 127,147 km between June 2021 and April 2022 — equivalent to about three trips around the Earth.

image.png

Why not a relaxing, energy saving, vacation at our, tax payer supplied,  very expensive lake front home right here in Canada??  I guess he is once again thumbing his nose at the rest of us.  🤬

Trudeau and family head to Costa Rica for 2-week vacation

By Staff  The Canadian Press
Posted July 31, 2022 3:06 pm
 Updated August 1, 2022 7:44 am
Click to play video: 'Tories want new RCMP investigation into Trudeau’s 2016 Aga Khan island vacation'

RELATED: Trudeau visits Summerland orchard during Okanagan tour – Apr 27, 2022

Descrease article font size
-A
Increase article font size
A+
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is heading to Costa Rica for a two-week vacation with his family.
70c8fc80

The Prime Minister’s Office says the family is returning to the same place where they stayed over the Christmas holiday in 2019 and that they are paying for their own accommodations.

The prime minister must fly on a Royal Canadian Air Force plane for security reasons — even for personal travel — and the family’s flights on the last trip to and from Costa Rica cost the government about $57,000, without thousands more spent on flight crews’ stay in San Jose.

That said, there have been exceptions to those flight rules. Earlier this summer, for example, Trudeau flew on an RCAF aircraft to Munich, Germany to participate in the G7 summit but he was flown to the summit site in the Bavarian Alps on a German police helicopter. That exception was cleared with the the appropriate authorities according to senior PMO aides.

But in 2017, Trudeau used an RCAF jet to fly from Ottawa to Nassau, The Bahamas and, from there, flew on a private helicopter to the Bahamas island owned by the Aga Khan. Trudeau did not clear that flight with the appropriate authorities. That flight along with the free vacation he received from the Aga Khan was subsequently found by Parliament’s Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner to be a violation of federal conflict of interest laws.

The PMO says it consulted with the office of the ethics commissioner about the coming holiday.

The PMO says Trudeau will get regular briefings while he is away.

– with files from David Akin

2:47Tories want new RCMP investigation into Trudeau’s 2016 Aga Khan island vacation

Tories want new RCMP investigation into Trudeau’s 2016 Aga Khan island vacation – Apr 27, 2022

© 2022 The Canadian Press

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/prime-minister-spent-all-but-11-days-last-month-in-the-air

There are lots of things to take issue with but this isn't one of them IMO. 

The PM (regardless of party) needs to go where he needs to go and do what he needs to do... it's the cost of doing business. I don't want my PM flying in the cattle car on an AC flight even if I'm not fond of him. There should be no (and I mean NO) tracking of these flights either. 

Military jets flown by senior RCAF pilots and CPP provided exclusively by RCMP / JTF2  should be the minimum standard across the board, nothing else is even remotely acceptable IMO. 

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/prime-minister-spent-all-but-11-days-last-month-in-the-air

There are lots of things to take issue with but this isn't one of them IMO. 

The PM (regardless of party) needs to go where he needs to go and do what he needs to do... it's the cost of doing business. I don't want my PM flying in the cattle car on an AC flight even if I'm not fond of him. There should be no (and I mean NO) tracking of these flights either. 

Military jets flown by senior RCAF pilots and CPP provided exclusively by RCMP / JTF2  should be the minimum standard across the board, nothing else is even remotely acceptable IMO. 

From what I have read, he did not have much of a need for this travel in July.  Most was a simple PR trip with lots of Photo opportunity. Money for fuel and accomodations could have been saved. By cutting back his unnecessary travel he could have been sending us a message re saving resources and cutting back travel rather than proving "Do as I preach, not as I do"

Lots of nice places to vacation here in Canada, including of course his very expensive renovated summer quarters. Trudeau vacation home receives $8.6 million in renovations | True North (tnc.news)

Trudeau jets off for a tropical vacation in Costa Rica

Brian Lilley - 1h ago

Justin Trudeau’s off on a jet plane once again.

This time it’s not for a photo-op, but a two-week vacation in Costa Rica. Trudeau left Ottawa for Costa Rica’s capital of San Jose early Monday morning for the five-hour flight.

Trudeau’s office has confirmed that he and his family will stay at the same resort that the family visited over Christmas 2019.

That visit cost taxpayers $196,137, according to documents obtained in 2021 by the Canadian Taxpayers’ Federation . Much of that was the cost of maintaining flight crews from the Royal Canadian Air Force on standby.

Trudeau has spent a lot of time in the air lately, increasing the size of his carbon footprint, while preaching the need to change our way of life in the name of climate change. An analysis of Trudeau’s travel schedule shows that he racked up 26,238 kilometres in the air in July, spending all but 11 days in the air last month.

A story earlier this year noted that Trudeau had traveled 127,147 km in the previous 10 months, the equivalent of three times around the world. After his government unveiled its budget in April, Trudeau flew from Ottawa to Victoria, then onto Edmonton and Laval before flying back West to have a vacation in Whistler. Better planning could have seen him cut his carbon footprint in half.

On Earth Day, Trudeau celebrated by flying to Winnipeg .

His government is currently pushing farmers across the country to reduce fertilizer use in the name of reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Perhaps he could look at his own actions first.

Re live flight tracking I agree with you but reporting after the fact must continue (non military flights only) even though the results are mostly ignored.

image.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

And he probably has them hung in every corner of parliament.

Records show Trudeau is routinely offered portraits of himself as gifts

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been offered the gift of his own likeness some 17 times since becoming prime minister, including once by the president of China.

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been offered the gift of his own likeness some 17 times since becoming prime minister, including once by the president of China.

The portraits and photos, along with a myriad of vases, wine bottles and Star Wars paraphernalia, are among the more than 400 gifts valued at over $200 that Trudeau has declared to the federal ethics commissioner since late 2015.

Among the representations "of myself," as they are commonly described in Trudeau's disclosures, are a portrait seal from Chinese President Xi Jinping and a painting on goat skin offered by Abiy Ahmed Ali, the prime minister of Ethiopia. 

There is also a 3D crystal collage of Trudeau and former U.S. president Barack Obama, and cut-outs of him and his wife, Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, both given by Canadian artists.

The Prime Minister's Office, when asked, did not specifically address the question of what happens to all these images of Trudeau. For example, do any -- such as the oil painting titled "Happy Moments" -- hang in his residence at Rideau Cottage? They said simply that some gifts are kept or stored while others are donated or forfeited.

Roy Norton, the chief of protocol at Global Affairs Canada from 2016 until 2019, told The Canadian Press he doesn't read anything into the portraiture trend other than a desire "to get more personal and less costly."

Toward that same goal, Norton said in an interview, the Canadian protocol office would try to match gifts offered by Trudeau with the recipient's tastes.

Former German chancellor Angela Merkel was a Bach fan, so she got a box set of concertos performed by Glenn Gould, he said, while one of Trudeau's gifts to former U.S. president Donald Trump was a 1980s photograph of Trump with Pierre Elliott Trudeau in New York. 

"Trump likes pictures of himself, so that was a gift that was seemingly very well received," Norton said. The president told media at the time: "What a great picture."

Norton explained that gift exchanges are a highly orchestrated bureaucratic affair, adding that Canadian prime ministers would just as soon not receive any gifts because of the potential for negative attention.

"No leader of a democratic country is interested in being compromised or having to spend a fraction of the news cycle defending a gift received or a gift given," he said.

Trudeau has received 110 gifts from other countries' heads of state or governments since he became prime minister, an analysis of the public records shows, with a major drop-off during the pandemic as travel became far less frequent.

Jordan's King Abdullah II has been the most generous of foreign officials, presenting 10 gifts to Trudeau ranging from a handmade leather saddle to "sculptural plant vessels" to jars of honey. The king even had a box of skin care products dropped off for Trudeau while on a personal visit to Canada last year, during which the Prime Minister's Office says the two did not meet.

French President Emmanuel Macron came in second with seven presents for the prime minister, including a limited-edition Star Wars X-wing pen — a gift perhaps outshone by Obama's 2016 offering of a script for the film "The Force Awakens," signed by director J.J. Abrams. 

More than 140 gifts declared by Trudeau were actually for his wife or their children, such as ride-on scooters and plush toys of Bo "The First Dog" gifted by Obama.

And several dozen consisted of an "introduction to" various clothing, accessory and jewelry designers, like a pair of fight gloves offered by Rival Boxing Gear in 2018. Still others were swag bags containing various branded items, such as a Jack Daniel's T-shirt and hoodie offered alongside a bottle of whiskey.

Trudeau had to forfeit 20 gifts over the past few years, including three paintings of himself, an Arabian cloak and a Seiko watch from the Japanese prime minister, because they were worth more than $1,000.

He reimbursed part of the costs of two gifts so that he could keep them — an e-bike offered by Chinese Premier Li Keqiang in 2016 and an etching by Inuit artist Annie Pootoogook from the president of Nunavik Tunngavik Inc. in 2017. He also received from Li a Huawei Mate 10 Pro Android phone in 2017.

Lest the Chinese electronic devices arouse suspicion, Norton said the RCMP scans everything the prime minister receives and sometimes even takes items apart looking for anything compromising. And a spokeswoman for Trudeau said all gifts sent to him are security cleared.

The ethics disclosures do not include items given to Trudeau that are worth less than $200, such as the trinkets and letters he often receives from the general public.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Aug. 1, 2022.

Edited by Jaydee

13 hours ago, Kargokings said:

By cutting back his unnecessary travel...

When you have a fleet of dedicated VIP aircraft (even if it's a small one), not using them comes at a cost too. 

If you are going to maintain that capability, I say use it. If you aren't then remove it from service and save the money. I can certainly support either of those two options.

Having it and not using it though, especially if the non-use is primarily due to optics makes little sense to me and I would say that regardless of political party and regardless of whether or not I like the PM.

He simply can't take little outings with his family like the rest of us. So, while I don't agree with his nation wrecking agenda or a single nail in his political platform, I would submit that he works pretty hard at it... I don't begrudge him (or any other PM) those breaks.   

Personally, this is the least of my concerns with JT.... but maybe it's just me.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

Conservative lead widens as unhappiness with federal government and Prime Minister Trudeau grows

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Conservative lead widens as unhappiness with federal government and Prime Minister Trudeau grows

July 30, 2022 

By Bruce Anderson & David Coletto

We just completed a national survey of 2,400 Canadian adults from July 22 to 27, 2022.

NATIONAL MOOD 

Today 33% of Canadians think the country is headed in the right direction, which is 8-10 points below where things were a year ago. Views of the direction of the world and the United States have hit lows we haven’t seen since Donald Trump was US President.

Slide13-1.jpg?resize=900%2C506&ssl=1

DISAPPROVAL OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HITS NEW HIGH

Approval of the federal government is sagging. Today, 34% approve of the government’s performance, down 4-points this month, while disapproval has spiked to 51% (up 5 points in two weeks), the highest number ever recorded since the Trudeau government was elected in 2015 and the highest since March 2019 in the middle of the SNC Lavalin controversy.

Slide15-1.jpg?resize=900%2C506&ssl=1

trudeau-tracking.jpg?resize=900%2C506&ss

IMPRESSIONS OF PM TRUDEAU

This survey finds 51% offering a negative view of Justin Trudeau, which is the highest number we have recorded since 2015.  Today 31% have a positive impression of Mr. Trudeau, which is also the lowest number we’ve recorded.

Slide21-1.jpg?resize=900%2C506&ssl=1

trudeau-since-2013-1.jpg?resize=900%2C50

His -20 net score compares to a -7 net score for Conservative leadership candidate Pierre Poilievre and the -5 for Jean Charest.

Among those who self-describe on the left of the spectrum, Trudeau is 47% positive and 35% negative. Among those in the centre, he is only 27% positive and 50% negative. He is 19% positive and 73% negative among those on the right.  Trudeau’s negatives are 50% or higher in every income group.

Regionally, the Prime Minister’s net score is -17 in BC, -54 in Alberta, -46 in Saskatchewan and Manitoba, -16 in Ontario, -11 in Quebec, and -2 in Atlantic Canada.

Among those who voted Liberal in 2021, his net score is +64. Among Conservative voters, it is -80, -47 among BQ voters, and among NDP voters, it is -24.

Just to underscore how unhappy Conservative supporters are with Mr. Trudeau, 65% have a “very negative” view of Mr. Trudeau – almost double the national average of 34%.

CONSERVATIVE LEADERSHIP

We will do more in an upcoming release about the Conservatives and their leadership race, but it is worth noting that among those who voted Liberal in 2021, only 39% have a negative view of Pierre Poilievre, and 12% have a positive view – the plurality (49%) are neutral towards the presumed Conservative front runner.

Among those on the centre of the spectrum, Poilievre is 15% positive, 20% negative, meaning a lot of centrist votes are up for grabs – and his -5 net score with this group compares favourably to Trudeau’s -23.

VOTING INTENTION

If an election were held now, the Conservatives would win 35% compared to 30% for the Liberals and 19% for the NDP. Compared with our last survey, the Conservatives are up 3-points while the Liberals are down 2.

The People’s Party registers just 4% in this wave, which may suggest that the Conservatives are picking up support from the PPC as well as from the Liberals.

Slide1-1.jpg?resize=900%2C506&ssl=1Slide2-2.jpg?resize=900%2C506&ssl=1

This is the first time since the 2015 election that we have measured Conservative vote share at 35% and the first time in which the Conservatives have led the Liberals consistently for several months.

trendline.jpg?resize=900%2C506&ssl=1

• BC: Conservatives and the NDP are at 32%, and the Liberals at 24%.

• Alberta: 53% would vote Conservative compared with 23% for the NDP, 13% for the Liberal Party, and 6% for the People’s Party.

• Manitoba and Saskatchewan: The Conservatives lead with 52% followed by the NDP at 27%, the Liberals at 17%, and the People’s Party at 9%.

• Ontario: The Liberals and the Conservatives are tied at 35%, with the NDP at 21%. The People’s Party is polling at 5% in Ontario.

• Quebec: We see the BQ and Liberals basically tied (31% to 32%) with the Conservatives at 21%, and the NDP at 6%.

• Atlantic: The Liberals are well ahead of the Conservatives (47% to 31%), with the NDP in third at 16%.

Slide10-1.jpg?resize=900%2C506&ssl=1

Among those who self-identify in the centre of the political spectrum (49% of the electorate), the Conservatives lead by 4 over the Liberals (33% to 29%), while the Conservatives lead by 48 among those on the right and the Liberals lead by 12 (over the NDP) among those on the left.

Also, among those centrist voters, the Conservatives have a slightly larger pool of accessible voters, but all three main parties have similar sized pools: 48% would consider voting Conservative, 44% would consider voting Liberal, and 44% would consider voting NDP.

One final point, when we compare how people say they voted in September 2021 (the last federal election) and how they would vote today, the Conservative Party is holding onto 92% of its past vote while gaining a little from the Liberals, NDP, and a considerable portion of past PPC voters.

The NDP is holding 82% of its past vote while gaining 9% of past Liberal voters.

The Liberal Party is holding 81% of its past vote (losing 9% to the NDP, and 6% to the Conservatives) while gaining 7% from the NDP.

The BQ is holding 95% of its past support (losing 4% to the Conservatives).

https://abacusdata.ca/canadian-politics-july-2022-2/

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

When you have a fleet of dedicated VIP aircraft (even if it's a small one), not using them comes at a cost too. 

If you are going to maintain that capability, I say use it. If you aren't then remove it from service and save the money. I can certainly support either of those two options.

Having it and not using it though, especially if the non-use is primarily due to optics makes little sense to me and I would say that regardless of political party and regardless of whether or not I like the PM.

He simply can't take little outings with his family like the rest of us. So, while I don't agree with his nation wrecking agenda or a single nail in his political platform, I would submit that he works pretty hard at it... I don't begrudge him (or any other PM) those breaks.   

Personally, this is the least of my concerns with JT.... but maybe it's just me.

Let consider necessary vs just because travel  '

Ignoring the fixed costs of the aircraft.

- We must then total the additional fuel costs, increased maintence (due to hours flown)

- Cost of accommodation and food for security staff.

- Taking a foreign vacation when he could be showing an example by taking a "staycation" like the majority of Canadian Tax Payers. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kargokings said:

Taking a foreign vacation when he could be showing an example by taking a "staycation" like the majority of Canadian Tax Payers. 

Probably are not  too many safe places left in Canada he could go without being booooed

Edited by Jaydee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cool, looks like I'm on JT's side now.

The PM goes where ever he wants to go whenever he wants to go there... with my blessings. That's what the VIP planes are for,  that's what the squadron flying them are for, and that's what the CPP folks are for.

It's also what elections are for if you don't approve. 

The cost of food for the CPP detail is mice nuts within the grand scheme of things that we should be worried about. Everyday you pay for this stuff and don't use it is a complete waste.  

• Like 1

“ Justin Trudeau spent all but 11 days last month in the air
Flight data shows Prime Minister Trudeau flew 26,238 km aboard CANFORCE ONE last month, compared to just 26,059 km flown between June 1 and Aug. 31 2021

19AFCA13-4B1C-4F44-A030-09F352C213FB.webp

1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

Justin Trudeau spent all but 11 days last month in the air

No doubt, I'm an army of one here so I'll leave it at this. 

As far as I know, 412 Sqn maintains a dedicated 3 hour standby posture 24/7 for VIP (as well as other) transport taskings in addition to flights coordinated in advance. Even if I happen to be dated (or flat out wrong) about that, the point is it comes at a pretty high cost.

IMO, having it and not using it is akin to making monthly loan payments, and maintaining full insurance coverage on a brand new Harley that sits in the garage due to the high cost of leather jackets and Harley branded accessories (for those so inclined). It seems wasteful to me and I don't understand the motivation for not using either. I run my bike long and hard...

I would be interested in the flying rate required to maintain proficiency, complete upgrades, check rides, conversion training etc vs tasked hours... and, any constraints on training/check rides conducted during routine airlift tasks. It would seem that Capt upgrades and IRTs (by way of example) would logically be done during tasked missions as a matter of course. I'm guessing the crews would be individually selected and likely pretty experienced / top pay scale as well.

The breakdown by kilometres flown vice hours flown strikes me as a deliberate deflection. If there was no tasked utilization and no VIPS flew anywhere for the month, how many non-tasked hours would be consumed? I have no idea BTW, but, the number of airplanes/crews/minimum proficiency suggests it might be close to the tasked hours currently under consideration here.

All of that is a complete aside to the hard reality that the sun rises in the east, sets in the west and a serving PM has full authority to decide where he goes, when he goes, and how long he stays. Seems to me, that's how it should be.

CFC 1 out. 

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

I don’t think any reasonable Canadian citizen has a problem with a leader flying anywhere when on LEGITIMATE government business. But first of all you have to be recognized as a leader rather than a scum sucking slug.

‘Glad-handing kids on Trains in the Okanagan, playing with toys with kindergarten kids, waving a hat at the stampede, jetting off on a private jet on yet another tax payer funded vacation has SFA to do with running a country. Professional pilots don’t even fly as much as he does FFS.

As for the enormous cost for planes and personnel etc etc etc etc required to do all this CONSTANT Political campaigning, chartering a jet of the required size from one of our national airlines would go a long way to show Canadians he cares about them rather than his ego.

‘Just my opinion of course.

• Thanks 2