Justin Trudeau

Jaydee

Since the findings, the federal government has committed more than $320 million to residential school site searches and support for survivors and their families.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/trudeau-kamloops-unmarked-graves-1.6463037

We probably have an idea as to why, but has there been any progress in actually finding human remains associated with the sites? I haven’t followed the story closely, other than headlines,  but is there a valid reason why no excavation has taken place to unearth the truth? My understanding is the ground penetrating radar only detects anomalies in the earth structure and detailed records were few and far between ie the burial sites could also contain town folk. It just seems to me, that after a whole year, we would have a more definitive answer on the story. Other than generating another small  government/indigenous department.

3 hours ago, st27 said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/trudeau-kamloops-unmarked-graves-1.6463037

We probably have an idea as to why, but has there been any progress in actually finding human remains associated with the sites? I

Apparently none.  Just goes to show the power of the press and social media.  

AFTER SEVEN MONTHS of recrimination and denunciation, where are the remains of the children buried at the Kamloops Indian Residential School?

The Canadian Press has just honoured the children of residential schools as the “Person of the Year 2021.” The huge media story last summer grew out of the scanning of part of the site in the British Columbia interior where the school operated from 1890 to 1978. The “discovery” was first reported last May 27 by Tk'emlúps te secwépemc First Nation Chief Rosanne Casimir after an anthropologist, Sarah Beaulieu, used ground-penetrating radar in a search for the remains of children alleged by some to be buried there. She is a young anthropologist, an instructor in Anthropology and Sociology at the University of the Fraser Valley since 2018. Her preliminary report is actually based on depressions and abnormalities in the soil of an apple orchard near the school – not on exhumed remains. According to Chief Casimir, these “missing children” represent “undocumented deaths.” Their presence, she says, has long been “knowledge” in the community and “some were as young as three years old.”[1]

In Kamloops, Not One Body Has Been Found – The Dorchester Review

Maybe  we will never know…..and it will perpetuate the story.

She said there may be some who want to bring their ancestors home. Exhumation, however, would be a controversial choice. “That’s going to be heavy, if it happens,” she said. “Culturally, your resting spot is a sacred place. We would never step on top of you. To dig it up, that is so foreign to us.”

From the globe & mail

Facing boos in Kamloops, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau continues B.C. visit Tuesday

A screen grab of the prime minister speaking from the Tk̓emlúps Pow Wow Arbour to mark one year since the announcement of the confirmation of Le Estcwicwe̓y̓ (The Missing). (Courtesy: vimeo/ttes comms)
A screen grab of the prime minister speaking from the Tk̓emlúps Pow Wow Arbour to mark one year since the announcement of the confirmation of Le Estcwicwe̓y̓ (The Missing). (Courtesy: vimeo/ttes comms)

Posted May 24, 2022, 8:01AM MDT.

Summary

• Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will be in Metro Vancouver to discuss housing and food bank issues
  • Trudeau's stops in Vancouver and Surrey come following a tense visit in Kamloops Monday
  • Trudeau was met by boos and angry chants as he attended the residential unmarked graves memorial

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is in Metro Vancouver Tuesday, and a much-anticipated housing announcement is top of the agenda.

Trudeau’s B.C. visit continues with several stops, including a visit to a food bank in the morning.  He will also discuss federal housing policy, in a region which has seen some of the highest prices for homebuyers in the country, as well as an affordability crisis for renters.

He will then meet with B.C. Premier John Horgan where the pair are set to discuss the 2025 Invictus Games, which has been awarded to Vancouver and Whistler with the support of the Lil’wat, Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.

Britain’s Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend the UK team trials for the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 at the University of Bath in Bath, England, Friday, April 6, 2018. (AP Photo/Frank Augstein)

The games are an international sporting event for military members, both serving and veterans, who have been wounded, injured or sick. Prince Harry, the Founding Patron of the games, says he is extremely excited that Canada has been selected to host the first-ever Hybrid Games which will have both summer and winter events.

Trudeau greeted by warmth, boos

It comes a day after Trudeau visited Kamloops, along with Governor General Mary Simon, to mark the sombre one year anniversary of the unmarked graves announcement.

The Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc was the first to reveal the findings of a ground penetrating radar search at the site of a former residential, which woke Canadians to the dark chapter in history.

Memorial marks anniversary of residential school graves discovery
Play Video

The prime minister, along with the public, were invited to attend by the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc, and Kúkpi7 Rosanne Casimir thanked everyone for attending and for the support.

“We thank and appreciate him for being here,” Casimir said, adding that everyone needs to work together to move forward.

Read more: One year since Kamloops unmarked graves discovery marked with sombre ceremony

However, not everyone welcomed the prime minister’s presence at the ceremony.

Some members of the crowd yelled “you’re not welcome here,” as the prime minister spoke to the large gathering, which included Elders and survivors.

“I had the opportunity earlier to speak to a number of Elders and I know for them it is something that they want to hear, me sharing my reflections, so I’d ask you – I hear your anger towards me, that’s fine but I ask you to respect your elders please,” Trudeau said, adding “thank you, I’m sorry for your anger.”

Related Video:

Prime Minister Trudeau apologizes for Tofino trip on Truth and Reconciliation Day
Play Video

Trudeau faced backlash in September after he took his family on a vacation to Tofino, B.C., instead of attending the first National Day of Reconciliation ceremony in Kamloops. He later apologized for the trip.

Trudeau also visited the community of Williams Lake in March, where he announced an additional $2.9 million in federal funding to the First Nation as it searches the site of the former St. Joseph’s Mission Residential School.

Read more: Trudeau announces $2.9M for Williams Lake First Nation investigation into potential burial sites

In January, 93 reflections, believed to be human burials, were detected on the grounds. Like Kamloops, only a small portion of the area has been searched to date, and the process is expected to be extensive and time-intensive.

Trudeau continues B.C. visit Tuesday after mixed reaction in Kamloops (citynews.ca)

More to come

22 hours ago, st27 said:

We probably have an idea as to why, but has there been any progress in actually finding human remains associated with the sites? I haven’t followed the story closely, other than headlines,  but is there a valid reason why no excavation has taken place to unearth the truth? My understanding is the ground penetrating radar only detects anomalies in the earth structure and detailed records were few and far between ie the burial sites could also contain town folk. It just seems to me, that after a whole year, we would have a more definitive answer on the story. Other than generating another small  government/indigenous department.

The reason nothing has been dug up is that if they do dig, and the findings are not as implied, the money truck drives away.

I find it amazing they can recall their oral history for thousands of years, but they can't remember if they sent a child to school, and they didn't come home.

• Thanks 2

Agreed….all the claims of genocide will make both the indigenous community and the government look disingenuous in the eyes of the world.

• Like 2

Our purse is once again open.  A complete waste of our money doing something that the Ukraine is quite capable of handling.  🤬

Also this ...

Canada's foreign affairs minister says the federal government is set to help investigate sex crimes by Russian troops in Ukraine and will be providing an extra one million dollars to fund the effort.

Mélanie Joly says the extra cash will go to the International Criminal Court to help it investigate sexual violence toward women, and also crimes against children. Ten R-C-M-P officers are already involved in the investigation of war crimes in Ukraine, including sexual violence by Russian troops. Joly says it is important that Russian troops who have used sexual violence against Ukrainians be brought to justice. 

The money will help the I-C-C with its investigations, and may also be used to protect witnesses in war crimes cases who have been victims of sexual violence by the Russian military. 

At a meeting in Ottawa earlier this month with Ann Linde, Sweden's foreign minister, Joly discussed the need to treat Russian troops using sexual violence as a weapon as war criminals. Ukraine's ambassador designate to Canada, Yulia Kovaliv, told the House of Commons foreign affairs committee on May 2 that Ukraine is compiling "horrific documented evidence" of war crimes. Kovaliv claimed that the true horror is that children are victims of these sexual crimes, which are done (before) the eyes of their parents.

Well, according to truedope, if we don’t like him, we’re racists. And if we call him a name he doesn’t agree with, we’re racists. If we disagree with him, we’re racists.

Trudeau cancelled B.C. appearance after RCMP warned protest could escalate: 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/democracy-threatened-if-aggressive-protesters-make-canadians-feel-unsafe-trudeau-1.5918286?fbclid=IwAR3bVNRLP_zafMy5G0_CjKRR1imzPnJ6VGaWiC0EWRGgbfHJ2DeJx9hrHvs

From the latest Toronto shooting:

A man shot and killed by Toronto police in Scarborough just steps from an elementary school Thursday afternoon was 27 years old and was carrying a pellet gun, according to the province’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU).

Cops responded to 911 calls from residents reporting a man walking in the area with what appeared to be a rifle with a scope.

Sarcasm alert……..Thank god it wasn’t painted black or it really would have been dangerous!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, st27 said:

was carrying a pellet gun, according to the province’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU).

If you carry a gun of any kind near a school in 2022, you should be prepared for consequences. I applaud the COPS for taking decisive immediate action in this case.  IMO, Cops should have started firing back years ago. The most egregious example was the Incel nut case in Toronto a few years ago. After running over and killing several people a cop had a gun trained on the suspect but didn’t pull the trigger. He was subsequently praised by the media. If I had been his boss, he would have been fired on the spot. The ONLY way to get the message across to these bottom feeders of society is to set an example that there will be shots fired first, questions asked later. Crime would drop dramatically if they knew they were no longer able to flaunt the law and get away with it.

Edited by Jaydee

1 hour ago, Wolfhunter said:

Soon the only food we'll be able to afford is dates off the calendar.

Of course I go back to the days when we had a 15% + mortage, all of us then tightened our belts, no toys, no expensive vacations etc. We survived.

James Topp to meet MPs, shames “total corporate media blackout” on his march

As James Topp prepares to meet with MPs in Ottawa on Jun. 22, the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) veteran tells True North it’s been made clear to him that the Trudeau government and the legacy media are a big part of what has divided Canada.

“There’s this serious problem in the nation right now with the division that’s been produced over the past two years,” he said. “We’re going to come together with a number of organizations and hopefully work together with Members of Parliament to try to do something to fix that.”

Speaking from Marathon, Ontario this week on day 100 of his protest march, the 28-year career soldier said his discussions with Canadians along the way have confirmed there’s something very wrong with the way the country is being run.

“The perspective that I’ve gained on this journey is that the Canadian spirit is ever present,” he said. “However, there’s intense dissatisfaction with the present government. I’ve talked to other folks as I go along, and we came to the conclusion that this has been going on for a number of years in this country and that there’s too much power concentrated in too few hands.”

Topp said that his 4293 km march has been essentially ignored by the legacy media despite the many thousands of Canadians who have come to support it.

“What we’re finding is pretty much a total corporate media blackout on this endeavour,” he said. “To that end, I would say, you know, folks who want to go out there and start banging the drum and shaming the CBC or CTV, because this is an amazing story of – 100 days in – a group of people who had never met each other before February 20.”

Topp began his march opposing government vaccine mandates on Feb. 20 in Vancouver – the same day the Trudeau government completed its crackdown on Freedom Convoy protesters in Ottawa after invoking the Emergencies Act one week earlier.

As a civilian employee with the RCMP and having moved from the regular forces into the reserves, Topp himself lost two jobs to the federal vaccine requirement. Speaking to True North before his march, he credited truckers and working Canadians who pushed back against the mandates with recovering his sense of purpose.

From the beginning of his march, Topp has been encouraging supporters to write to Members of Parliament to request they meet with him when he comes to Ottawa on June 22. Social media postings show thousands of letters have already been mailed.

• Thanks 1

I’ve always wondered what the rats of the Trudeau sinking ship must think of the policies of their government. Here’s  a clue:

While Mr. Morneau never mentioned his successor as finance minister, Chrystia Freeland, or the Prime Minister by name, he devoted a considerable amount of his 20-minute address to problems with a partisan political process that favours style over substance. 

Former finance minister Bill Morneau delivered a pointed critique of the federal Liberals’ economic policies, along with a series of recommendations for kickstarting growth, in his first public speech since leaving political life two years ago. Mr. Morneau, finance minister in the Liberal government from 2015 to 2020, echoed the concerns of business leaders who have urged Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to focus on expanding the Canadian economy, rather than rolling out tax-and-spend initiatives. “When I look at politics in Canada today – from the perspective of a former insider – I have to confess that I’m much more worried about our economic prospects today, in 2022, than I was seven years ago,” he said. “So much time and energy was spent on finding ways to redistribute Canada’s wealth that there was little attention given to the importance of increasing our collective prosperity,” said Mr. Morneau in a speech Wednesday evening to the C.D. Howe Institute.

From the Globe & Mail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Quote of the day:

While countries around the world continue to drop their COVID mandates, Trudeau says Canada’s are here to stay due to the risk from new variants that don’t even exist yet.

If this were true, wouldn't the government insist on mandated vaccination status being current and up to date? 

Conservatives have fallen into the trap of attacking his position based on science when it's pure politics. When the last of the military, RCMP and public service firings are completed in such a manner that the individuals can't be reinstated, these mandates will be dropped... not before. If you knew the last date of the last involuntary release you could add 7 days and predict exactly when the mandates will be eliminated. 

The announcement will be prefixed by "we are pleased to announce that the science now suggests..."

That's what I'd do anyway, assuming I was a fraud and a liar of course.

Edited by Wolfhunter