Justin Trudeau

Jaydee

Here is a simple hypothetical for members of that 70% demographic:

If we discover that children and pregnant women can’t be medically treated with blood from vaccinated individuals, and assuming that pleas for unvaccinated blood donations go unanswered, would you favour mandatory donation from the unvaccinated by any means required? Given the small percentage of people now unvaccinated, this would essentially require detainment and blood harvesting at a regional level.

Don’t reply… I actually don’t want to know, but please take a moment to consider the question in the context of a real emergency and compare your answer now to what it would have been if I asked 10 years ago.

Edited by Wolfhunter

“ The War Measures Act, and its easy evisceration of civil liberties, came to be remembered as overkill.

Will the same one day be said of Monday’s invocation of the Emergencies Act? “

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/editorials/article-if-this-is-a-national-emergency-make-it-limited-localized-and-brief/?utm_campaign=sophi-pop&utm_medium=post&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0Fldib2yMCmr7zbN_kq2XQLHu79iqNL8ty_TJolPrhE4fdnYu_bwA0Q-8

1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

Will the same one day be said of Monday’s invocation of the Emergencies Act? “

It's already manifestly bogus IMO. If you give bail to 7 members of an armed terrorist group there is only one of two possibilities and both of them are stark. You either lied then or you are lying now.

Given the vandalism under cover of night (vice warrant and lawful seizure) and the media reporting of armed terrorists followed by them not questioning bail during a federal STATE OF EMERGENCY (yes I'm shouting) designed to counter that very occurrence, you have to wonder. Judges aren't stupid... the fact that these folks made bail after the declaration is telling, so is the lack of questions from liberal acolytes and their media. The question now is who do you think you're fooling? We are now in a zone where it shouldn't matter one bit what your political persuasion is... and yet it's governing. 

BTW, what an opportunity this was for the NDP, with a bit of courage and a few tweaks to their platform, they might have scored big time during the next election. 

As an aside, the very fact that people (dare I say like me) find this utterly fascinating to watch should be of concern to the people unconcerned about every aspect of a debacle I find horrifying. It's like watching an episode of Naked and Afraid.... the contestants didn't take a few minutes to build a small perimeter of readily available thorn bushes because they considered it cultural appropriation (as opposed to a GFI); it's dark now and there are yellow eyes glowing in the tall grass.

Pop quiz.... why do lions have a small white line under their eyes? No google and here's a hint, it's not because they are racist.

Edited by Wolfhunter

Perhaps someone should point out to the truckers that they are being played as pawns but no in the game they think they are playing.

41 minutes ago, boestar said:

Perhaps someone should point out to the truckers that they are being played as pawns but no in the game they think they are playing.

The individuals, the sides, and the political motivations of both (or either for that matter) are no longer my chief concern here.

The house is burning down amidst an ongoing dispute about water rights, ownership, and who has deeded access to the lake.

Residents who live on other lakes are watching this in the same manner they might watch a snake eat a cute furry creature on the discovery channel. My fear is that the viewers either don't know (or don't care) that the furry critter was drugged and dangled in front of the snake for two hours in anticipation of a 30 second directors cut in a show that bills itself as reality.

If you have acquaintances in policing, security or military circles check with them.... don't take my word for it. I don't want to get detailed or graphic about it, but I'm suggesting that the excavator thing could have ended very, very differently had the circumstances or venue been slightly different. There are always circumstances you don't know about, but I can't immediately conjure one where I wouldn't declare FINEX on the spot.... or get a warrant and seize the property for cause. 

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1

Trudeau's half-brother gives the PM an earful

Just because Big Brother has invoked extreme powers does not mean Little Brother approves.

And, like many Canadians shocked over the declaration of the Emergencies Act, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s half-brother Kyle Kemper did not hold back his opinion on the first day of its implementation.

“Invoking the Emergencies Act is reckless and unjustified,” he told the Toronto Sun in an interview Tuesday. “By threatening the bank accounts of all convoy supporters, they are setting a tyrannical precedent and these actions should be condemned regionally, nationally, and internationally. This will sow distrust in our financial institutions.”

Needless to say Kemper, 38, is not impressed with his brother’s handling of the Freedom Convoy or the pandemic in general.

The feeling may be mutual.

“Thanks for reaching out, but we won’t be commenting,” said the prime minister’s spokesperson, Ann-Clara Vaillancourt.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-trudeaus-half-brother-gives-the-pm-an-earful?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1OvfgK70ssZJUppvILlXDW25aKln_hVkBFrt-KTAq0oJUmWIFeUHL7BW0#Echobox=1644982206

• Thanks 1

Rex Murphy: Trudeau's monumentally misguided emergency measures are an insult to Canadians

Rex Murphy - 1h ago
React|

This is the most monumentally stupid, monumentally arrogant, and monumentally misguided decision by a prime minister since 1867.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau speaks at a news conference as truckers and their supporters continue to protest against COVID-19 restrictions, in Ottawa, on Feb. 11.
© Provided by National PostPrime Minister Justin Trudeau speaks at a news conference as truckers and their supporters continue to protest against COVID-19 restrictions, in Ottawa, on Feb. 11.

When Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, in his sophomoric musings on the nature of Canada some years back, famously declared that Canada has “no core identity,” most of us thought he was stating his opinion, however ridiculous, of the country as he saw it at the time.

We were wrong, ever so wrong. He was stating an ambition. He was declaring a goal.

After six years of the most amateur government this country has ever suffered, with the invocation of the most crushing legislation any government can call upon, the Emergencies Act, to attack and subdue a group of ordinary Canadian workers, he’s well on the way to achieving his “post-national” ambitions.

That’s one core value out the window: the right to peaceful protest. The invocation of wartime-like emergency powers by the national government to deal with a workers’ protest is grotesquely overwrought, something very close to lunatic.

If I were to seek out the one word that, more than any other, would characterize this dangerous and needless assumption of the state’s greatest powers, I’d come down on “insult.” It is an insult to the nature of the country, to the character of its citizens and to its cherished status as a democracy, for which so many of its citizens were wounded or died in two world wars to preserve.

The Emergencies Act could only have been brought in at this time by a leader and a government that have forgotten, or never knew, what Canada is and represents; that does not fully appreciate how its citizens, when they are in disagreement, eventually meet and work their way calmly to agreement.

Canada has no “core identity”? Well, maybe it seems that way to a prime minister who appears to view Canada’s history as a sequence of horrors for which he must personally apologize. Pride in our history, another core Canadian value, has also been severely diminished.

Canada has no “core identity”? Well, it might appear that way to a politician who, in the full vesture of the office of the prime minister, bewails this welcoming and flourishing multicultural country as systemically racist, while himself getting caught up in a blackface scandal. The dignity of the highest Canadian office, another core value, has been put under severe strain.

Canada has no “core identity”? Well, maybe to a leader who so loves to puffily pontificate about his progressive ideology on the international stage with the world’s leading virtuecrats, and promotes a global agenda over the real needs of his own country — saving the economies of the western provinces and having some respect for the dignity of their citizens.

Maybe to that person, Canada does not, in fact, have any “core identity.” Commitment above all else to unity in Confederation is another value that is being put to the test.

To another point, central to the present moment: what would it have taken to forestall this embarrassing — the word is far to timid, but let that be — flight into legislative overkill that we saw this week?

The answer: a smidgen of courage, and an ounce of humility — not to go off stage, not to hide, not to remove himself from the country’s leadership while a difficult, but not crisis-level, situation was in play.

Here’s the mother of all questions for Trudeau and it is one that he cannot, and will never, answer: what was so difficult about having a talk with the leaders of a group of Canadians who found some of the government’s COVID regulations to be a grievous burden?

When Black Lives Matter flooded the streets, Trudeau not only met with them, he went into the streets and joined in on the their American-inspired protest. He gave them a knee and bowed his head. But he would not meet with the truckers. He would not talk to their representatives. There was certainly no kneeling.

He rhetorically abused the citizens in the protest. He suggested they were racists and misogynists and that they hold “unacceptable views.” Which was a deliberate tactic to isolate them, to marginalize them, to mark them as somehow unCanadian.

The most egregious, polarizing agent in this entire protest has been the leader of the country. Two hours of talking, a little respect, a touch of democratic process and the whole affair could have been washed away. And we would not now have half the world asking: what in God’s name is going on in Canada?

National Post

image.png

• Thanks 1

A breathtaking lost opportunity for the NDP.

This is truly a stellar threshold of lunacy, I can only guess that most people simply don't realize what a big deal the Emergency Act is.

WW1, WW2, and the FLQ crisis.... until now that's it, that's all. Is this situation in anyway comparable to a world war?

LOL, Jagmeet is concerned about overreach... could there possibly be a greater example of overreach in Canadian history? 

Pay attention now, you are watching history unfold here; your grandchildren will soon be asking you to proof read their essays:

Candice Bergen: Conservatives will not be supporting Emergencies Act 

NDP leader Jagmeet Singh says they will be 'reluctantly' supporting the Emergencies Act but warned against 'overreach'

Edited by Wolfhunter

The daily question period in the House of Commons proceeded as if a potential insurgency was not brewing on its doorstep.

Politicians on all sides of the House engaged freely in puerile point-scoring, apparently oblivious to the gravity of the situation unfolding on the street outside.

No wonder that Canadians are deeply worried about the implications of the protests. In a Maru Public Opinion poll for Postmedia, two-thirds of respondents said they fear for the future of Canada and nearly as many (62 per cent) say they have lost faith in the ability of Canada to maintain peace, order and good government.

Those concerns were lost on very people who are charged with the task of leading us out of this mess. At one point in question period, the Speaker was obliged to warn Justin Trudeau about the use of inflammatory language, after the prime minister said Conservative members have been standing with “people who wave Swastikas.”

He was replying to a question from Melissa Lantsman, a gay, Jewish Opposition MP, who had asked precisely when the prime minister had lost his way. She referenced a quote Trudeau made in 2015, when he said that for Canadians to trust the government, the government first needed to trust Canadians. She contrasted those words with his quotes from last year about anti-vaxxers being “racists,” “misogynists” and “the fringe.”

It may have upset the prime minister but the truth often hurts and the reality is, he has come a long way from the sunny ways of 2015. Rather than calming tempers, Trudeau seems to be intent on exciting further agitation, and his Swastika reference provoked howls of anger from the other side of the aisle.

The prime minister refused to apologize and seems to believe he is invulnerable.

John Ivison: Trudeau oblivious as Canadians lose faith in government's ability to keep peace, order (msn.com)

No hiding now... our collective silliness is on full display for the whole world to see. The good news is that like Covid, JT has now run his course. He will be unelectable as PM next time around and even liberals know it.

I can't believe that the NDP failed to capitalize on all this. To do so now would be opportunistic as opposed to courageous and tactically worse (IMO) than missing the opportunity in the first place. What's missing across the board can be defined in a single word.... leadership. Regardless of your view of events, you have to admit that the protesters are better lead than the forces aligned against them.

There's a lesson in that.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6297884028001#sp=show-clips

Edited by Wolfhunter

1 hour ago, Wolfhunter said:

I can't believe that the NDP failed to capitalize on all this. 

I don't believe the NDP actually want to win the election.  They are content being a yappy dog on a leash.  Were the leash to break they'd have to subject their fantasy policies to the real world and be exposed as frauds - much better to stand in the background and make a big show of pulling on their leash barking.

I would like to know what liberal MPs think of their leader now, throwing gas on the fire with the swastika comment. In the video of Trudeau responding to Lantzman, Marci Ien (who off all people would be sensitive to racist comments) is nodding away, but miller and a couple others must be thinking….oh **bleep**, what has he done now..

I was surprised to see Lightbound vote with the conservatives on the Covid plan, only to have the party and NDP vote it down.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en/votes/44/1/24

Emergencies Act;

Hmmm, banks forced to freeze and seize any bank account associated with the protest which may apply to those who simply donated.  These people might actually be de-banked - no mortgage renewal (or mortgage demanded) no bank account, no credit cards.  Insurance companies to cancel insurance on participating vehicles which may include private passenger vehicles.

If you actually wanted to create an underground, anti-government group who are in a fight for their lives I cannot think of a better way than to stigmatize them, blame them for all the county's problems, seize their money, make them unemployable and refuse to allow them to participate in the financial system.

Think it can't happen here?  I think it can.

2 hours ago, FireFox said:

Less than 3 minutes, worth every second…

The best tool now is ridicule on a grand scale. He sure made it easy. The absurdity of using the War Measures Act is resonating across the world stage.

Great leadership on the part of the convoy directors and staff. JT is undone.

Edited by Wolfhunter