• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To listen to sockboy and his idea of government .... we have your backs, from day one, clear and transparent, budgets will balance themselves, respect for parliament, blah blah blah ...... the Canadia

As absurdity spreads, even liberals are rolling their eyes. Hold on now, I thought only white supremacists did that: Eyes roll as stressed Liberal staffers offered free yoga class led by Sop

FIANLLY ..... A JOB HE CAN DO!!    

Posted Images

Is it possible for a so called called sovereign government to make a more utterly stupid, naive statement:

OTTAWA – Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino said he is confident a contract with a company owned by the Beijing police adequately protects personal information of people applying to Canada for visas.

Canada has since 2008 contracted the Beijing Shuangxiong Foreign Service Company, to run visa processing services for people seeking to visit Canada. The company is run by the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau.

Mendicino insisted the government is closely monitoring the company with regular audits and security screening of all employees who work there.

“We are eyes wide open on this issue and we will continue to manage these risks going forward,” he said.

Damn you Harper!

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, st27 said:

Is it possible for a so called called sovereign government to make a more utterly stupid, naive statement:

It seems like every day they do something more stupid but I have admit this is the high-water mark so far.

29 minutes ago, st27 said:

....the Beijing police adequately protects personal information....

I'm thinking of putting a mink in charge of protecting the day old chicks and will closely monitor with regular audits. 

The audit process should take less than two minutes and given the nature and proclivities of mink, I'm am confident that a 100% resolution is achievable within that time frame.

Edited by Wolfhunter

Curtis and Leroy saw an ad in the newspaper and bought a mule for $100. 

The farmer agreed to deliver the mule the next day.  

The next morning the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, fellers, I have some bad news, the mule died last night."   

Curtis and Leroy replied, "Well, then just give us our money back."   

The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."   

They said, "OK then, just bring us the dead mule." 

The farmer asked, "What in the world ya'll gonna do with a dead mule?"   

Curtis said, "We gonna raffle him off."   

The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead mule!" 

Leroy said, "We shore can!  Heck, we don't hafta tell nobody he's dead!"   

A couple of weeks later, the farmer ran into Curtis and Leroy at the  grocery store and asked:  

"What'd you fellers ever do with that dead mule?"   

They said,"We raffled him off like we said we wuz gonna do."  

Leroy said, "Shucks, we sold 500 tickets fer two dollars apiece and made a profit of $898."   

The farmer said, "My Lord, didn't anyone complain?"   

Curtis said, "Well, the feller who won got upset. So we gave him his two dollars back." 

Curtis and Leroy now work for the Canadian Government. 

They're overseeing the Carbon Tax Plan. 

23 hours ago, st27 said:

Damn you Harper!

I listened to this during question  period and Trudeau gave the standard answer read from a piece of paper!

I’ve noticed Trudeau reading from briefing notes more and more recently..... would love to see a town hall meeting where questions and answers weren’t scripted, where there would be consequences for non answers, lies, or obfuscation.......dare to dream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, st27 said:

I’ve noticed Trudeau reading from briefing notes more and more recently

It’s the only way he can say something without ummmmm, ahhhhhh, errrrrrr or moments of silence where he’s supposedly thinking (now there’s an oxymoron if you’ve ever read one).

• Like 1

Another scandal that is being swept under the rug of Covid. More importantly, the lying continues...:

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/canadas-immigration-minister-defends-outsourcing-visa-office-to-company-run-by-beijing-police

and lo and behold two weeks later.....trying to get the story straight and reading from notes. So, our woke feminist knew of allegations and promoted him anyway..

https://globalnews.ca/news/7688399/justin-trudeau-pmo-vance-allegation-2018/

Rex Murphy: The Kielburgers have conditions for Parliament? Who the hell do they think they are?

As a single marker to the hollowness of my days, only partially accounted for by the COVID quarantines and the endless relays of its dreary and confusing morbidity statistics, allow me to tell you I have been watching some old video clips of past WE Days of brand Kielburger.

When particularly feeble I’ve also gone on to WE’s internet home where there is a fulsome diary of the K boys, and their attendant celebrity boosters from the days — this will tell you how far back it goes — when the brother saviours did not have to be ordered to go to the Parliament buildings.

Back then, and even up to mid-year in 2020 — how time flies — they or their flock of unacknowledged lobbyists whistled around Parliament’s famous echoing corridors, chatting up civil servants, with all the eagerness of those to the manor born. They had better attendance than most MPs.

The annual WE Day events were in retrospect — and to some of us at the time — embarrassing. Thousands and thousands of teenagers, chaperoned by gullible teachers, baited by the presence of dubious pop icons were hustled into big city arenas to receive the WE pitch. ME to WE was the pathetic slogan — being both ungrammatical and vacuous — and under the joint conductorship of middle-aged Marc and Craig, both still speciously hanging on to some edge of Peter Pan youthfulness, it was remorselessly pumped out for the entire day.

They were raw hype, wrapped in a kind of synthetic cheerfulness, coupled with a daunting litany of empty motivational pitches built around fortune cookie-level bromides, and topped with ever more gruesome homilies about making a difference. “Making a difference” is the verbal eucharist of professional do-gooders.

Oh those talks. I have read Brillo Pad instructions that had more genuine inspirational content. My little internet reconnaissance led me to dreary conclusions. Why were six thousand schools in Canada volunteering for the trek up this intellectual molehill? What were school principals thinking, presuming thought was ever involved, when herding their charges off to this mass virtue-signalling jamboree?

And the celebrities? Why were they doing the happy dance at being there? We cut them some slack, it being in the nature of the famous or demi-famous to confuse a high Twitter following with intellectual credibility.

The same leeway cannot be offered to the Trudeau clan. Their standing had a firmer basis. What did they see in this eyewash? Did they really think the Kielburgers were sages for our time? Was the circus/high school prom atmospherics of WE Day, the cellophane-thin masquerade of being about “changing the world,” and the undeniably cynical play to so young a constituency, not something to be avoided?

Apparently not. The modern day medicine show obviously attracted them. The prime minister loves easy adulation. His career is its triumph. Mrs. Trudeau more likely believes the guff of empowerment and change. Hence her willingness to become part of the WE machine itself, as an ambassador.

All of this comes to mind now that the Kielburger Potemkin village is under scrutiny and has been summoned to appear before a Parliamentary committee. And it is truly right and proper that they should be so.

They did receive public funding. So Parliament is emphatically the place to call them to account for it. They involved the family of Canada’s prime minister, and his finance minister, the since resigned Bill Morneau, whose daughter worked for WE, and to WE’s missionary sites Morneau, himself travelled and left with some expenses unpaid.

WE also “lobbied” or at the very least dealt with ministers and civil servants at the highest level. They were initially selected to hand out $900 million for the Canada Student Service Grant for a fee of more than $40 million.

So the Kielburger story is a political story as much or more than merely a yarn about a particular “charity.” It is a story involving public money; it is a story about cronyism, friendships with the prime minister and his family, and about special access because of those friendships and involvements.

It is steeped in the conduct of public business, favouritism to causes close to the moment, and the presence of some of Canada’s highest profile public actors enmeshed with private actors.

It is therefore a story on all counts that requires Parliamentary scrutiny. But. BUT. These two wannabe Gandhi’s are laying down conditions for Canada’s Parliament. Two glib salesmen of western do-gooderism are telling Parliament what it may or may not expect from them!

Since the story emerged last year we have heard so little on it from the Trudeaus, or all the eager corporate sponsors and entertainers who so gladly gave their endorsements and money when all was shine.

Most have dropped out with little more than a curt press release, or said nothing at all.

The prime minister himself? Does he now regret he gave WE status and currency? Or, conversely, is he sad he ever showed up on the same stage with so dubious an enterprise? And if not, why not? He might even offer one of his prized apologies for them, apology being such a practiced mode for him.

But it’s the brothers themselves who owe a full explanation and accounting. And as for whether it’s up to them whether they will go to Parliament Hill and meet with the committee ordering their presence — well, who in the hell do they think they are?

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-the-kielburgers-have-conditions-for-parliament-who-the-hell-do-they-think-they-are?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR23Dh6j5U164a_FjvRCgtUNidFyLsG-n0FipvEKghbaMCsNozEv2ulabrE#Echobox=1615585225

• Thanks 1

Marc and Craig Kielburger, brothers and co-founders of WE Charity, pointed fingers at the Trudeau Liberals during their appearance at the Commons Ethics Committee on Monday, accusing the government of pushing the charity under the bus so it would take the fall for their misconduct.

• The brothers appeared after a short but eventful back and forth wherein the brothers demanded certain criteria for their appearance.

"WE Charity agreed to help. That's what charities do, they help when that is needed. We didn't advise the prime minister and [former finance minister] Morneau not to recuse themselves," said Marc Kielburger.

The WE Charity program set up by the Liberals would have paid WE up to $43.5 million to manage $900 million for students who volunteered during the COVID crisis.

The program was scrapped and the fallout from that saw the resignation of Bill Morneau, who had accepted a $40,000 vacation to Kenya from the charity. Morneau only paid the charity back for the vacation the day before he was set to testify to the Ethics Committee under oath.

"We didn't prorogue parliament, we weren't involved in the decision to filibuster the committee this fall. This is a political scandal for the government, not WE Charity. The government hid behind a children's charity by letting it take the fall for their political decisions, and the opposition allowed them."

• Thanks 1

To those who thinks the deficit is all a big joke....some Perspective 

More than the Second World War: Here's the eyewatering debt Canada is racking up 

With just one year of deficit, Canada could build enough Confederation Bridges to span the Atlantic Ocean

Remember when, in the 2015 Canadian general election, candidate Justin Trudeau made the controversial pledge to run up a $10 billion deficit? The Conservatives hated it, of course, but even the NDP accused the Liberals of spending on the “shoulders of future generations.”

Fast forward six years, and Canada’s deficit for fiscal year 2021 is projected to top out at an eyewatering $381.6 billion. We’ve all gotten used to massive quantities of borrowed money being thrown around during COVID-19 (particularly when the Americans keep approving trillion-dollar spending bills) but Canada is currently burning through borrowed money at a rate that is unprecedented in our history.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/heres-the-eyewatering-debt-canada-is-racking-up?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1u76x31eX_tQDUcN6bO0kiVpOlpSKnqluULozL5TL7-SmFyUrRJ_-V214#Echobox=1615903642

• Sad 1

What's happening in Canada is vaccine rationing, not medicine 

'If delayed by four months ... the vaccine still likely will work, but it may be LESS effective. By how much? We do not know'

Canadians are upset — and should be — since I wrote that the three-and-a-half-month or 105-day delay between the first and second doses of the Pfizer vaccine is being allowed despite guidelines and scientific data that advise a gap of 21 days.

“Health Canada approves the dosage of a product based on extensive clinical studies. For the Pfizer vaccine, the second dosage should be administered in three weeks. Period,” said Leslie Dan, founder of pharmaceutical giant Novopharm, in an interview. “If delayed by four months, due to the lack of availability of the vaccine, the vaccine still likely will work, but it may be LESS effective. By how much? We do not know. Simply speaking, this is about a gross mismanagement of vaccine procurement.”

I contacted Pfizer Canada, which is caught in the middle, about this delay and here is what its spokesman, Christina Antoniou, emailed back: “Pfizer and BioNTech’s Phase 3 study for the COVID-19 vaccine was designed to evaluate the vaccine’s safety and efficacy following a two-dose schedule, separated by 21 days. The safety and efficacy of the vaccine has not been evaluated on different dosing schedules. … While decisions on alternative dosing intervals reside with health authorities, Pfizer believes it is critical health authorities conduct surveillance efforts on any alternative intervals implemented and to ensure each recipient is afforded the maximum possible protection, which means immunization with two doses of the vaccine.”

She added that data from Pfizer’s Phase 3 study demonstrated that, although protection from the vaccine appears to begin as early as 12 days after the first dose, two doses of the vaccine are required to provide the maximum protection against the disease, a vaccine efficacy of 95 per cent. “There are no data from this study to demonstrate that protection after the first dose is sustained after 21 days,” she said.

Here’s what Health Canada replied: “Health Canada authorizes based primarily on the scientific and clinical information submitted by the manufacturer. … As the regulator, Health Canada authorizes each vaccine for use in Canada according to specific schedules and conditions based on clinical trial evidence, as submitted by the manufacturer, but does not dictate the practice of medicine.”

Simply speaking, this is about a gross mismanagement of vaccine procurement

What’s going on in Canada is rationing, not medicine. Just compare Canada’s performance with Israel’s: that country’s adult population is almost fully vaccinated and Pfizer is conducting trials there on school-age children. CEO Albert Bourla explained how Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was able to procure more than enough supplies for his citizenry.

“We wanted to select one country to demonstrate the benefits and I spoke to several heads of state and Israel convinced me it had the right conditions,” said Bourla. “It had an extraordinary health-care system, a relatively small population, and data-gathering capacity. He [the prime minister] would call me at three o’clock in the morning and ask me about variants and what data we had? Then he’d call me about the effect on children and pregnant women. This convinced me he was on top of it and Israel has executed beyond imagination.”

Bourla also said Pfizer’s current vaccine can handle variants, except for the South African one, but a new vaccine will be available for that within six months and/or possibly a third booster shot. He estimated that the FDA will approve Pfizer’s vaccination down to the age of 12 to 16 in a few weeks, and for all children by the end of the year.

Good for Israel and the United States and others. Too bad for Canada.

https://financialpost.com/diane-francis/diane-francis-whats-happening-in-canada-is-vaccine-rationing-not-medicine

Imagine that...Trudeau imposing rules Canadians don’t like or want! Who would have thought 😡

Poll finds 58 percent of Canadians oppose online censorship, contradicting heritage minister's claim

The poll also found that a majority of Canadians do not trust traditional media sources for information regarding the coronavirus pandemic.

A recent poll funded by the Privy Council has found that 58 percent of Canadians oppose federal censorship of the internet, according to Blacklock's Reporter.

When asked whether they agreed with the statement "[the] government should restrict access to the internet and social media to combat the spread of misinformation about Covid-19," 12 percent of Canadians said they "disagree" while 46 percent said that they "strongly disagree."

Only four percent of Canadians said that they "strongly agree" with the statement.

The poll also found that a majority of Canadians do not trust traditional media sources for information regarding the coronavirus pandemic.

The Privy Council paid nearly $250,000 to the pollster Léger to conduct the research as the government considers the implementation of new online speech regulations surrounding non-criminal "misinformation" and "hate speech."

The findings directly contradict claims made by Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault, who recently argued that "a very high proportion of Canadians" support such censorship of the internet.

"A very high proportion of Canadians are asking the government to step in," Guilbeault has claimed. "It is very clear we will act, and we will soon table a bill."

While the proposed regulation of online speech has not yet been made public, Guilbeault has said that it will target "views that target communities, put people’s safety at risk, and undermine Canada’s social cohesion"

Some have suggested that the Liberal plan amounts to the revival of Section 13 of the Canadian Human Rights Act, which prohibited online communication which is "likely to expose a person or persons to hatred or contempt."

The controversial law received significant backlash in the later years of its existence after a series of high-profile cases involving the law resulted in public outcry. Opponents of the law argued that it placed arbitrary non-criminal restrictions on the rights of Canadians to express themselves, that the subsequent trials alleged violators received before Canadian human rights tribunals were unfair, and that truth was not an adequate defense against receiving punishment under the rule.

The Harper government ultimately repealed the rule in 2013.

However, there has been a recent push by some activists to reintroduce such regulation, arguing that it is necessary to combat online hate speech. Former Simon Wiesenthal Centre CEO Avi Benlolo wrote a piece for the Montreal Gazette where he suggested that the rule needs to be reintroduced. Benlolo cited "teenagers dressed up like concentration camp prisoners" as an example of hateful speech which must be prohibited, and laid praise upon Facebook and Twitter for their platforms' hate speech rules.

He further called upon the Canadian government to "penalize service providers with heavy fines if they do not remove hate speech" and to "set up an office to monitor the internet... and educate the public."

https://www.blacklocks.ca/58-oppose-web-censorship/

WE KNOW.....it’s all about control and big government knowing how THEY want to “mould” the society.

Same operating procedure for guns and the environment.

Whether or not you agree with the gun community, pay attention to the 17 minute mark of the following video......stunning that a cabinet minister would blatantly lie on the record.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, st27 said:

WE KNOW.....it’s all about control and big government knowing how THEY want to “mould” the society.

Same operating procedure for guns and the environment.

Whether or not you agree with the gun community, pay attention to the 17 minute mark of the following video......stunning that a cabinet minister would blatantly lie on the record.

I'm always reminded of when I see something reported in the news that I actually know about - say, an accident report.  Invariably it is a complete mess; basic facts wrong, emphasis on minor inconsequential factors, breathless interviews with unqualified self-proclaimed experts.  Same thing goes for any time a politician opens his or her mouth - 98% of the time it's nothing but sewage.  With the Liberals it's 105% of the time!

INVESTMENT TIP

Just thought I'd pass along some advice my broker gave me today..

I called him this morning and asked him what I should be investing in as I
feel interest rates are going to be rising as they did during the late 70's early 80's.
So I told him I thought we ought to be looking to get out of bonds and find a safe haven in which to invest. 

I asked him, "Should we move to precious Metals, foreign currency or what?"

He responded, "If the Liberals are in office much longer, canned goods, Liquor and ammunition are probably your best bet."

• Like 1

Trudeau's carbon tax to increase 33% on April 1 

When Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said in December that now is not the time to raise taxes on Canadians because of the COVID-19 pandemic, he excluded his carbon tax.

That’s because the carbon tax is scheduled to increase by 33% on April 1, up from its current level of $30 per tonne of industrial greenhouse gas emissions to $40 per tonne.

According to the Canada Revenue Agency, this year’s $10 per tonne hike will increase the total federal carbon tax charge for gasoline to 8.8 cents per litre.

Prior to the 2019 election, the Trudeau government said it would freeze the carbon tax at $50 per tonne on April 1, 2022.

After the election, Trudeau announced he will raise it by $15 per tonne annually starting on April 1, 2023, until it reaches $170 per tonne in 2030.

That will increase the total federal carbon charge on gasoline to almost 38 cents per litre.

The carbon tax is also levied on 21 other fossil fuels, including natural gas used for home heating, light and heavy fuel oil, propane and aviation fuel.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/goldstein-trudeaus-carbon-tax-to-increase-33-on-april-1?fbclid=IwAR21-ozL3IO-5DTrgE4no2l1hvmdg6aJrGLTxMXAeygoECZJFE9x1PZcfkA

• Sad 1