Interesting article on Exchange Income Corporation

Seeker

11 hours ago, rudder said:

Jazz Air uses farm tractors to tow aircraft.

Those farm tractors work VERY well for towing aircraft.  They are modified to add extra weight to them but are very comfortable and better than any tow tractor built for purpose.  to top it off they were less than half the price of a built for purpose tow tractor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 6:51 AM, boestar said:

Those farm tractors work VERY well for towing aircraft.  They are modified to add extra weight to them but are very comfortable and better than any tow tractor built for purpose.  to top it off they were less than half the price of a built for purpose tow tractor.

The parts are way cheaper too and way easier to source. There are dozens of tractor dealers in Ontario alone vs a couple of suppliers at most in Canada for aircraft specific equipment. I've spent many very long days in a farm tractor (no duty days) but I couldn't imagine spending that much time in a tug.

PS I've never heard of a tug being called "sexy" but I've definitely heard that about tractors. I'll take the farm girls over the ramp girls (in general but there are exceptions) any day;  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived