Man Has Good Time On Aircraft Wing

deicer

17 minutes ago, deicer said:

He stuck the landing though...

Really?  The article says: 

It didn't end well for this fella. He lost his grip and then tumbled down to the ground, where he hit his head first and then fell limp like a rag doll

Deicer - good one.  Totally over my head. 

I thought you had based your "stuck the landing" comment on the picture which does look like it's going to work rather than the text which tells what really happened.

Probably one of those places where they use an airstair so the passengers are out on the open ramp.  Interesting vid - shows how big those wingtips are.  A guy like me should already know but then I've never seen one with a human right next to it for scale.  

End of the TMZ report indicates that police believe he breached a perimeter fence.  How easy would it be to get up on the wing of an -800 from below, assuming it happened after pushback?

Brings a new appreciation to how big (high) a widebody is when you consider this is relatively low for an airliner wing.

Ah well, I'm sure he's doing just fine.  Probably fixing to sue Alaska Airlines for the slippery surface and the fall...

5 hours ago, Canoehead said:

End of the TMZ report indicates that police believe he breached a perimeter fence.  How easy would it be to get up on the wing of an -800 from below, assuming it happened after pushback?

Brings a new appreciation to how big (high) a widebody is when you consider this is relatively low for an airliner wing.

Ah well, I'm sure he's doing just fine.  Probably fixing to sue Alaska Airlines for the slippery surface and the fall...

Actually I think it would be rather difficult to be honest...

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

Actually I think it would be rather difficult to be honest...

If it was me, assuming the engine wasn't running, best way up is up and over the front of the engine.  Just like I used to do in my Beech-18 days on floats.  Don't know if this is actually possible but it would be my attempt anyways.

Archived