Affiliate and Commercial advertising

Seeker

Let's face it - nobody likes advertising but it's a fact of life and is used to keep the lights on.  With an eye towards removing the random and non-specific Google ads and replacing them with something more suited to our community I have decided to make very economic advertising available to members, family, friends and associates for their business and commercial ventures.  I will also be posting affiliate links from time to time.  Ads and links will be posted in a dedicated thread for those who are interested to view and easy to avoid for those who don't.

Real-estate, home renos or your website selling widgets.  Contact via the "contact us" tab for details.

1 hour ago, seeker said:

Let's face it - nobody likes advertising but it's a fact of life and is used to keep the lights on.  With an eye towards removing the random and non-specific Google ads and replacing them with something more suited to our community I have decided to make very economic advertising available to members, family, friends and associates for their business ventures.  I will also be posting affiliate links from time to time.

Real-estate, home renos or your website selling widgets.  Contact via the "contact us" tab for details.

Lots of risk in that, I hope all transactions have the necessary legal wording to remove any responsibility from the forum or it's owner.  

45 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Lots of risk in that, I hope all transactions have the necessary legal wording to remove any responsibility from the forum or it's owner.  

Simply providing advertising space.  Where's the risk?  If you click on an ad placed by Google and are unsatisfied with the product does Google have any liability?  You're over-thinking it.  I know lots of people with a side-business and/or a family member who might want to drum up some leads (at very reasonable rates).  This is a benefit to the advertiser, the members and the forum.  Just because an ad appears on the forum does not in any way suggest that I am accepting liability for it - the same as a newspaper does not accept liability for the ads it sells.

• 1 month later...

Reference your Credit Card post.

Personally I use three cards all of which are rated quite highly in Canada as CASH BACK cards. I understand the "No Exchange charge "on US funds  but I do so little in the USA that the card would not fit my profile

FWIW...(all no fee and rewards/cash redeemable)...I lean on Rogers as my Cell phone is with Rogers and I have not paid a cell phone bill for two years....redeem the cash against any monthly cell bills.

Rogers Bank

Tangerine

Canadian Tire Triangle.

Good to hear you have it worked out Kip.  Certainly there are many solutions to the question of how to maximize benefit while reducing cost.  The Brim Mastercard works well for me as I'm still working and spend lots of time out-of-the-country - especially since they have a free version of the card.  I opted for the paid version since I expect the extra points will cover the yearly charge (which is waived the first year anyway).  Thanks for reading the post and considering the content.

Archived