ACR mess

Guest severedamage

Guest severedamage

What's going on with the ACR maintainence? In YYC this weekend, 6 MELs expired and stopped/delayed flights, 4 MEL's on the aircraft I was in and three things broke that day. I realize the moral is low, but this seems like more of a really poor communication problem. On another note, two aircraft that did work, crew sked forgot to put crew on, they didn't realize it unitl sked time,....yikes! who's running this ship and what happened to the rudder?

You're right about the lack of communication,MOC does not advise bases of MELs that are due or arrange the ness parts to rectify them anymore, add to that the heavy work load, a couple of cracked transverse beams an unsked engine change and a major hyd leak below the lav and you have a real sh1tty week (in YYC at least) and that's just the dashs.

Brett

p.s. Did you know that MOC must have the CPs permission to put a 3rd MEL on an A/C? without it the A/C is grounded

Guest severedamage

I just got back from another pairing and it's getting even worse, 4days, 12 snags. One crew put in 7 on one leg, and it was all very concerning items.

I wish I could tell you it's getting better,but we are getting almost as many A/C a night as we have bodies.

The moral is a lot better then you would expect and everybody is giving their all, but 'the hurrier we go the behinder we get.'

7 snags on one leg, I hope the A/C was parked, because IMO that's not acceptable.

Brett

Guest severedamage

Well, I don't think any of our people I know in YVR/YYC would hurry past safety. If they don't have enough people then maybe they should call some back to work. The biggest concern for me is that MEL's are expiring and the aircraft are flying accidently because pilot's are not used to being subject to these problems. In the past if it was broke it got fixed. I didn't see the aircraft with seven snags but I was told some where rather big and some where just burnt out lights. Another note, a lot of aircraft do not have current checklists, or QRH's. We've been told they are in the crew room, which they are not, and if they where then how does that help you after they drive you away from the Air BC building and over to the airport???

I don't think anybody is rushing through things,is just the sked work is taking up most of the time and MELs unfortunately get ignored if there's time left on them.

In our old world (ZX) Maint Control would look after these, however in the new world ?????

But you can't expect much when the VP,(after the lay-off notices were given out ) makes the statement that they have to close down some of the shops in YVR because we don't have enough people.

there is a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just barely visible right now smile.gif

Question; why would you start the flight without a checklist or QRH? I would think these would be 'No-go' under MEL. I don't know about ACR, but I'm quite sure that at AC, the Capt would be on the horn pretty quick about this.

Guest severedamage

At ACR it's been either crew member that calls and mentions the lack of documents. The planes don't leave, they just get delayed. It's all a little frustrating because it never happened this much before.

Archived