Wednesday forum outage?

Seeker

Did anyone experience an outage on the forum today (Wednesday)?

I tried to get on the site and it was down.  Contacted the hosting company and they tried telling me it was because one of the name servers wasn't set correctly and that it was my fault.  Which, normally, I would accept since I'm a relative novice at this but I hadn't made any changes and the forum had been running perfectly since the switchover - seems to be a contradiction.

Anyway, if anyone experienced an outage please let me know when and for how long.  I guess if you signed on and had no outage, that is useful info too.

Thanks

Further info; 

When I called the hosting company support line today buddy tried telling me that one of the name servers (name servers are needed to direct your browser request to the hosting company) wasn't set correctly and therefore the site wasn't working correctly. It wasn't set correctly and therefore the site hadn't been set up correctly from the start and it was my fault so, too bad.

Hmmm, OK, let's explore this;

1). the migration was handled by the previous owner who is experienced and certainly capable to handle it.

2). when the site first came back up after the migration I called the hosting company support line to confirm that everything was set correctly and the site was working as it should - all assurances given.

3). the site has been running flawlessly for 3 weeks and I made no change to anything since I took it over.

4).  when I set up the hosting agreement I selected the "Professional Migration" option which is supposed to be assistance and oversight from one of their technical support staff to make sure there are no problems with the migration and that everything is set correctly (at additional cost).  That was apparently wasted money - odd that they had no problems at all with processing my credit card - that part of the transaction was flawless!

Anyway, I apologize for the outage.  No (controllable) reason for it as far as I can see.  I'll call the hosting company tomorrow and knock some heads together (that was my father's way of describing; holding to account).

1 hour ago, conehead said:

It was not working for me earlier in the day, tried several times.

I figured it was your fault. ?

Good one!  ?  

No doubt the best bet to make.  In this, however, I think I'm clean.  As per the explanation above; ) I made use of an expert,  paid for premium service, doubled checked and confirmed that everything was good, made no changes and regularly monitored for any indication of problem.   Even in my novice state I can't think of anything I did that I shouldn't have or anything I should have done that I didn't. 

15 hours ago, seeker said:

Did anyone experience an outage on the forum today (Wednesday)?

I tried to get on the site and it was down.  Contacted the hosting company and they tried telling me it was because one of the name servers wasn't set correctly and that it was my fault.  Which, normally, I would accept since I'm a relative novice at this but I hadn't made any changes and the forum had been running perfectly since the switchover - seems to be a contradiction.

Anyway, if anyone experienced an outage please let me know when and for how long.  I guess if you signed on and had no outage, that is useful info too.

Thanks

yes it was out all morning.

The issue was a domain name resolution error so their description of a DNS entry either missing or incorrect is entirely possible.  It shouldn't happen but it occasionally does.

Archived