President Biden

6 hours ago, Jaydee said:

....the Party of “tolerance”...“inclusion”.... “unity” ...and a dozen other buzz words

I wonder if they're labouring under the assumption that people quickly forget political rhetoric. That would normally be true if confined to policy, spending, priorities (and the like).

Unfortunately though, over the top buffoonery does get remembered because it amounts to political theatre, a drama played out in real time like a mandatory play performed for one type of audience only. If you want information from me, forget about water boarding.... turn on the rap music and I'll cave.

In order to stand out in an environment like this, you need to be more extreme than the person to your immediate left. That's a problem and that's what makes this stuff burn in the minds of political opponents.... as they await their turn and dream of "next time."

Lost here (from days gone by) is the difference in tone and the willing compliance of the media, which can now only be viewed as propaganda. It's based on fabrication, headline manipulation and delivered with a taunting / jeering demeanour that people will remember. IMO, it's the inherent glee in the taunting that results in political reprisals..... it also gets you ignored on political forums. 

They may not remember the quote but they will remember the context, more importantly.... they will remember how it made them feel. They will also see it as political revenge and resolve to bide their time with a "just you wait" attitude. 

I would like to see interviews of refugees new to Canada and the US who fled with the clothes on their back. Maybe released in 10 minute spots once a week in the media and directed towards a particular story or event.

I can't help but think much of potential for trouble is being totally missed here, it reminds me of an African proverb:

When you show the moon to a child, it sees only your finger.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From the WDYTWGTH file....

Standing by for: Kremlin says there will be consequences if one more Black dies in police shooting

Looks like the stars are aligning for you Deicer and your life long dreams might soon be realized. Enjoy my friend! I will be disappearing into our beautiful northern wilderness as nothing I think abo

Posted Images

I take comfort in the fact that this may become so silly so fast that the general population will recoil from it.

The rapid pace and viral spread of this madness may prove to be its own demise. The midterms will be telling, the country can likely endure two more years of this before such things become entrenched in the collective conscientious and inshrined in the common law.  

Edited by Wolfhunter

Bardella was formerly a Republican spokesman for the House Committee on Oversight & Government Reform and a consultant for Breitbart News, before he announced his conversion to the Democratic Party.

In December 2017, Bardella wrote a USA Today article titled, “Roy Moore is the last straw, you can now call me a Democrat.”

Bardella declared, “This is not a party I want to be associated with any longer… I believe that the Democratic Party will do more to create equality in America than the Republican Party ever will.”

“I am throwing in with the Democratic Party because at the end of the day, I believe its portrait of America is better than the one being painted by today’s Republican Party. And I want to be a part of it,” he continued.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/liberal-pundit-kurt-bardella-arrested-for-allegedly-assaulting-police-officer/

I don't know Deicer but he sounds kind of Biased.

1 hour ago, seeker said:

Bardella was formerly a Republican spokesman for the House Committee on Oversight & Government Reform and a consultant for Breitbart News, before he announced his conversion to the Democratic Party.

In December 2017, Bardella wrote a USA Today article titled, “Roy Moore is the last straw, you can now call me a Democrat.”

Bardella declared, “This is not a party I want to be associated with any longer… I believe that the Democratic Party will do more to create equality in America than the Republican Party ever will.”

“I am throwing in with the Democratic Party because at the end of the day, I believe its portrait of America is better than the one being painted by today’s Republican Party. And I want to be a part of it,” he continued.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/liberal-pundit-kurt-bardella-arrested-for-allegedly-assaulting-police-officer/

I don't know Deicer but he sounds kind of Biased.

Sounds like Alan Strickland, the Alameda Sherriff who assaulted Masai Ujiri in Oakland has gotten another job 😉

It appears to once again be a case of an over zealous law enforcement agent lording over a visible minority.

It's also old news from 2019.  

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/msnbc-contributor-roughed-up-and-arrested-by-dc-police-at-the-networks-climate-forum-report/

Deflection?  Did not see that coming.

Yes, I know it's old news - that's the point.  The dude you quoted is biased.  Isn't this your thing with posting the mediafactcheck.com website all the time?  When you post a biased item everyone should let it slide but when someone posts anything anywhere slightly right-of-center you throw the mediafactcheck.com link in their face dismissively.  Now, that doesn't seem fair does it?  

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, deicer said:

However, the difference you missed is the quote is recent.

Now if you want to post something pertinent instead of a deflection, I'll wait.....

A sophomore attempt I'm afraid.  My first post was to point out your hypocracy and my second post was to point out you deflected rather than answered but you reply that I'm not adding anything pertinent and am the one deflecting.

Stop it - you're making me dizzy.  🥴

OK, the article I posted was from 15 months ago, the conversion of Bardella happened in 2017 but you're saying this isn't recent enough to be used in a discussion - too old?  I must have missed to memo - please re-post the rules regarding validity dates of information and activities for social commentary.  I find it odd that something a conservative may have done 40 years ago still counts as valid while something a liberal did last month is discounted as old news and not worth discussing.

In any case, that's not even the point.  The point is that Bardella is biased.  he was in 2017, he was 15 months ago and he is now.  If you want me to accept your meme post as having some commentary value on the current state of affairs then you have to accept that my (occasional) post from some right-of-center source might also have value.  Either set of rules work fine for me but ya gotta be consistent.

1 hour ago, seeker said:

Stop it - you're making me dizzy.

You are a brave man. Personally I feel like I have to sanitize my brain every time I stumble on one of his posts.

Edited by Jaydee
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, seeker said:

A sophomore attempt I'm afraid.  My first post was to point out your hypocracy and my second post was to point out you deflected rather than answered but you reply that I'm not adding anything pertinent and am the one deflecting.

Stop it - you're making me dizzy.  🥴

OK, the article I posted was from 15 months ago, the conversion of Bardella happened in 2017 but you're saying this isn't recent enough to be used in a discussion - too old?  I must have missed to memo - please re-post the rules regarding validity dates of information and activities for social commentary.  I find it odd that something a conservative may have done 40 years ago still counts as valid while something a liberal did last month is discounted as old news and not worth discussing.

In any case, that's not even the point.  The point is that Bardella is biased.  he was in 2017, he was 15 months ago and he is now.  If you want me to accept your meme post as having some commentary value on the current state of affairs then you have to accept that my (occasional) post from some right-of-center source might also have value.  Either set of rules work fine for me but ya gotta be consistent.

You are making mountains out of molehills.

How about this.

Take the name Bardella out of the meme, just have the sentiment of the meme.  Then there will be no deflections, just a discussion on the point.

That is why I state you are deflecting.

Just as you are making it about me as well.

https://theairlinewebsite.com/topic/570349-non-aviation-forum/

seeker

• This Guy says:
  •  
  • seeker
  • Admin
  • 6,764 posts
  • Author
  •  

I've received private messages from many members.

Consensus seems to be that the non-aviation forum is something that people want and would miss if it was gone.  What people don't want are posts with personal attacks, racism, anti-gay statements, etc, etc.  Everyone knows the list.

Look, I'm not a lawyer and I can't write a list of;  you can do this, but you can't do that, you can say this, but you can't say that.

I expect civil discourse.  The community expects civil discourse.  Be respectful to each other. 

If necessary I will use the tools available; modifying/deleting posts, restricting posting permissions and/or banning members but my preference is self-policing and self-restraint - let's try that first.

The most contentious threads will remain locked but I have unlocked the forum for new threads.

19 minutes ago, deicer said:

https://theairlinewebsite.com/topic/570349-non-aviation-forum/

seeker

• This Guy says:
  •  
  • seeker
  • Admin
  • 6,764 posts
  • Author
  •  

I've received private messages from many members.

Consensus seems to be that the non-aviation forum is something that people want and would miss if it was gone.  What people don't want are posts with personal attacks, racism, anti-gay statements, etc, etc.  Everyone knows the list.

Look, I'm not a lawyer and I can't write a list of;  you can do this, but you can't do that, you can say this, but you can't say that.

I expect civil discourse.  The community expects civil discourse.  Be respectful to each other. 

If necessary I will use the tools available; modifying/deleting posts, restricting posting permissions and/or banning members but my preference is self-policing and self-restraint - let's try that first.

The most contentious threads will remain locked but I have unlocked the forum for new threads.

Attacking the sole owner of a FREE forum...🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

Good luck with that one.

F94CDF0C-88DC-4087-B10F-0E6131C14994.gif

Edited by Jaydee

Typical.

If it isn't your POV, it's an attack.

Strange how when this part of the forum was shut down, then resurrected, some of the most contentious threats were brought back to life and just because of the slant, nothing is said.

Yet one dissenting opinion is posted, it isn't discussed, but becomes a channel to attack the poster.  

Isn't that why this portion of the forum was shut down by our host in the first place?

I guess open discussion has been killed.

3 hours ago, deicer said:

Strange how when this part of the forum was shut down, then resurrected, some of the most contentious threats were brought back to life and just because of the slant, nothing is said. (highlighted by admin for emphasis)

Yet one dissenting opinion is posted, it isn't discussed, but becomes a channel to attack the poster.  

Isn't that why this portion of the forum was shut down by our host in the first place?

I guess open discussion has been killed.

Sorry, this isn't correct.  There have been posts deleted (from both sides of the spectrum) - when perceived to be offensive or being a personal attack.  I do not see commenting on another member's style of argument as an attack.  As you know the "Admin" function is a one-man show and I can't monitor every post in realtime - if you feel something crosses the line - message me.

6 hours ago, deicer said:

Take the name Bardella out of the meme, just have the sentiment of the meme.  Then there will be no deflections, just a discussion on the point.

Sure, take Bardella's name off it.  The sentiment is that political parties always blame the other side for anything that's wrong and take credit for anything that goes right.  I agree.  It's been that way since the year 200 BC.

That's not what my reply to you was about however.  I was just giving you back a little of what you've dished out to me when I've posted a link to a Post Millennial article - a referral to mediabiasfactcheck.com stating their opinion that it's a biased source.  OK, so The Post Millennial has a right bias and Bardella has a left bias.  If you're going to dismiss my post due to bias you have to expect the same in return.  If you are suggesting we ignore the, possible, bias of any source and argue the points being made - good idea, let's do that.

At first I thought they were kidding. 

Q: When is a cage not a cage?

A: When it becomes an migrant overflow facility

Biden Admin. to Open Migrant Overflow Facility amid Increase in Unaccompanied Minor Apprehensions

Edited by Wolfhunter

Canada has closed it's ports to all Cruise Ships until 2022 Feb.  The folks in Alaska rely on the revenues brought into their small towns during the Cruise Ship season to help ends meet.  I wonder if the POTUS will elect to give the Cruise Ships a let from the Jones act so as to allow the ships to sail from the US to Alaska and return without having to visit a foreign port (Canada that is?).   Canada extends cruise ship ban; Alaska tourism will take a hit | CNN Travel

seeker,

That story marked a turning point IMO, at least for me

I'm pretty sure it was a New York Times piece, in any case, I remember reading it and thinking afterward that it never received the ridicule or notoriety it truly deserved. 

That one article, all by itself, completely unraveled their facade of principled liberalism; It was naked, unashamed media (and liberal) hypocrisy on full display. A moment in time I will always remember. 

There's also a growing list of things like "migrant overflow facilities" that might be humorous in another context but now serve to undermine any perceived sincerity in their platitudes about healing and national reconciliation. 

There were some great opportunities for that at no real cost.... other than courage and leadership. In fact, I would go so far as suggest that the impeachment efforts against DJT were worth initiating simply so that Biden could be seen to shut them down in the interests of constitutional integrity and national unity. That would have been a simple but worthy first effort, especially since it will amount to nothing anyway.

A unity freebee missed and wasted. I would have jumped on that with both feet.  

Edited by Wolfhunter