End of an Era - Announcement

Compliments of Covid, we have decided to sell off most of our digital properties.  However, not AEF.

Because we acquired this forum back in 2001 and we did not pay for it, we want to offer AEF to one of our members.  FOR FREE.  Yup, you heard us correctly.  Time for us to pay it forward!

We are looking for an aviator or related person who is interested in taking on the theairlinewebsite.com,

You will need:

1. A hosting provider who will accommodate the size of the site (3 gigish) plus bandwidth usage
  2. In order to take advantage of the Google Ads, which more than pays for the website fees today, you will need to set up a Google Adsense account. (if you want to continue this revenue stream).
  3. Someone who will migrate the site to the new hosting company, which will be your cost maybe a few hours to pay a tech resource. 

We will give FTP access to the full site and database.

Please PM me with your interest.

Most of the other digital properties are spoken for and we really only have one site left to offer and that is AUTHORSdb.com if anyone is interested in this beauty (for a cost).

Happy Covid Days!

Sorry to hear this Judy. I sure wish I could take it on, but I just don't think my saturated old noggin can manage such new wizardry any more. 

I'm sorry I couldn't have been more useful for you. I know I fouled things by not communicating... that was one of the biggest challenges for me with my ....illness.

Sometimes you're the bug, and sometimes you're the windshield. [grin] But we all end up the same. lol... :)\

Cheers Judy, ....I'm glad to have met you.

Mitch  

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for hosting what has been a great resource for my career. I am optimistic/hopeful that the forum will find a new host.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much for hosting us for all these years.  There are some wonderful people on here whose voices should be heard.  Some of the discussions are very valuable and should be seen.  Thanks to AEF, they are.  Let's hope the community continues.

Best wishes for your future plans.

• Thanks 1

Judy and Glen;

I remember when I learned that you were taking on this site and thinking that you would do a great job of herding this interesting group of cats. You didn't disappoint and I greatly appreciate how you've not only kept it alive, but helped it to thrive as arguably the best aviation forum on the net.

Cheers! ?

Jeff 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Thank you for all the years you gave us a playground to enjoy.  Best wishes in the great future I hope you both will enjoy.  Cheers Rattler, Marshal, Malcolm. 

Thanks Malcolm, who knew you were Rattler too ? and thank you for all your moderator help. We really couldn't of done this without you, @Mitch Croninand @cp fa your legacy will live on with Jill Oliver. ?

19 hours ago, Mitch Cronin said:

Sorry to hear this Judy. I sure wish I could take it on, but I just don't think my saturated old noggin can manage such new wizardry any more. 

I'm sorry I couldn't have been more useful for you. I know I fouled things by not communicating... that was one of the biggest challenges for me with my ....illness.

Sometimes you're the bug, and sometimes you're the windshield. [grin] But we all end up the same. lol... :)\

Cheers Judy, ....I'm glad to have met you.

Mitch  

Thx Mitchell, I remember our first meeting at Arizona's not sure if beer was involved ? almost 20 years ago! You'll always have SWAG! ?

4 hours ago, J.O. said:

Judy and Glen;

I remember when I learned that you were taking on this site and thinking that you would do a great job of herding this interesting group of cats. You didn't disappoint and I greatly appreciate how you've not only kept it alive, but helped it to thrive as arguably the best aviation forum on the net.

Cheers! ?

Jeff 

Wow, what a compliment and thx ? I'll never forget your Roots logo comment and how much that era had changed our lives. AND how much you were part of that time for us too! Who knows maybe we will see you next year as youngest daughter, who is a lawyer and almost 30, is GETTING MARRIED next year. We'll be passing by out there. ?

36 minutes ago, PilotsWife said:

Wow, what a compliment and thx ? I'll never forget your Roots logo comment and how much that era had changed our lives. AND how much you were part of that time for us too! Who knows maybe we will see you next year as youngest daughter, who is a lawyer and almost 30, is GETTING MARRIED next year. We'll be passing by out there. ?

I guess I needed another reminder that old age is creeping in! ;) It seems my comment on the logo resonated more with you than it did with me, as I have no memory of it at all (possibly for selective reasons  ?‍♂️). If you are out this way, definitely let me know. We have a couple of nice craft breweries to try out!

• Like 1

AEF has been a wonderful connection to the world I retired from. I sure hope someone takes it on and thank you so much for all the years and work and love your poured into this site.

Greg

• Like 2

Hi Judy,

Well, as you probably know, I retired almost 2 decades ago and I think me taking over AEF is really not an option at this stage of my life. I may be wrong but I could be one of the longest time members as I was on it when Jim Woods of YWG had the forum. I think MITCH and CPFA might have been on around that time as well but not sure. DAGGER has been here a long time as well and a very few of us know who he actually is, and all respect his opinion and knowledge.?

You may recall, again not sure of the time line, but I was having problems with a "post-hacker" and with help from my IT guru son and a retired RCMP officer friend as well as AEF staff, we outed the individual....ah the good old days☺️

Thanks for the bandwidth, thanks for your great novels, and thanks for your patience. I wish you and yours nothing but blue skies and happy trails. It's good to have friends like you folks.

aef000000000000000000.jpg.3a48e7e09eb128b146515fbeec49ec52.jpg 

Be safe

Kip

• Like 4

Hi Judy, hi Glen;

Over the past two decades you have both provided that most-important "glue": - a "place" that keeps friends, colleagues, economists, employee associations, "captains of industry", scientists, engineers, those who reflected and engaged the psychological and the philosophical aspects of life, -  in an-often spirited dialogue, (emphasis on dialogue). I think that the AEF has contributed positively, materially to aviation here and in other countries. The AEF has certainly contributed to the goals I consider most valuable: the safety of our collective operations, and learning-from-others.

The consequences of the "AEF as watercooler" are significant; - here we all were in our "global public square", the "electronic cubicle"; - members' contributions and their historical record, (which I hope will be preserved), are invaluable.

The AEF was, under Jim, and under your caring hand over the past two decades, (remarkable steadiness in a world that is anything but), is the ultimate in the "marketplace of ideas", most importantly in aviation but also, of late, in the non-aviation realm.

Well done to you both, and congratulations on your well-deserved retirement. To a person, we are all going to miss the exchanges. I hope someone who's also keen on aviation comes forward to continue this fine forum!

Sincerely,

Don Hudson

White Rock, BC

ps. J.O., spot on, let me know if there's a visit from our honoured hosts; - nice words, well said, Kip - yes, good days, and all of a sudden, here we are!

Edited by Don Hudson
  • Like 2

I’ve been a quiet poster but avid follower of this forum for decades. Thank both you and your husband for all the work that has gone into this incredible aviation resource! And thanks for paying it forward to hopefully keep this going?? Best wishes for you on your next adventures!!