2020 Terry Fox Run

Rich Pulman

I'm participating in the 2020 Terry Fox Run. 

Dear AEFers,

For the 12th year in a row I am proudly supporting The Terry Fox Foundation in its ongoing work to fund innovative and progressive cancer research programs by taking part in The Terry Fox Run.

Despite the global pandemic situation the run will take place this year although the format will be different than usual. Sadly, the customary large gatherings of Terry Fox participants will not be happening; however, individuals and their teams will be getting together in accordance with local health guidelines to participate and continue to support this worthy cause.

This year my run is dedicated to my high school friend Bill Meek and his family, as well as to one of my favourite musicians who lost his life to cancer earlier this year. It is my goal to run 10km again this year and to honour drummer Neil Peart, my fundraising goal is $2112.

Terry Fox ran 5342 km in 143 days to raise money in an effort to eradicate cancer. Unfortunately he did not survive the disease, but his heroic effort continues today with the help of those who participate in the annual Terry Fox Run and all those who support it. The cancer survival rate has steadily increased since his “Marathon of Hope” and hopefully someday it will reach his goal of 100%.

I sincerely request that you consider sponsoring my run in support of Terry’s dream of a world free from cancer. Please click the "sponsor me" link below (www.terryfox.ca/richard), or if you’d prefer to make an offline donation, please send me a note with your pledge and we’ll figure out an alternative that works best for you. If you are feeling extra generous, please feel free to share my page with your social network. Let’s spread the word worldwide!!!

Sponsor me

Thank you for your support!

Richard

2 hours ago, Rich Pulman said:

to honour drummer Neil Peart, my fundraising goal is $2112

If the future’s looking dark
We’re the ones who have to shine
If there’s no one in control
We’re the ones who draw the line
Though we live in trying times —
We’re the ones who have to try

Neil Peart - Everyday Glory - Counterparts

Rich - the sponsor me link doesn't seem to work on Firefox, Explorer or Google

58 minutes ago, Specs said:

If the future’s looking dark
We’re the ones who have to shine
If there’s no one in control
We’re the ones who draw the line
Though we live in trying times —
We’re the ones who have to try

Neil Peart - Everyday Glory - Counterparts

Rich - the sponsor me link doesn't seem to work on Firefox, Explorer or Google

There are so many great lyrics written by Neil.

I’ve had some others tell me the link doesn’t work, but so far it has only happened on some mobile devices. Please try using typing www.terryfox.ca/richard into your browser and hopefully that will work. Thanks for letting me know.

• 3 weeks later...

2020 Terry Fox Run complete! What a great feeling to do this each year. For complete results and to get the skinny on things such as “how long did he run without stopping?”, “was there any flesh-to-asphalt contact?”, “how long was that train anyways?”, “did he really outrun that bear?”, “what was his iPod playlist?”, ”were those thigh-to-fender encounter(s) painful?”, and “what’s really in that water bottle?”, please type www.terryfox.ca/richard into your browser and make a small donation in support of this important cause. Thank you.

Archived