WJ -- LHR ???

AIP

In the twitterverse, there are reports that WJ has applied for slots at LHR.

Another great WJ experiment (LGW) hits the skids I guess. All the fan fare and gushing over LGW, and how they were going to save everybody a whole lot of bother and expense.

Kinda reminds me of YHM vs YYZ.

2 hours ago, AIP said:

Another great WJ experiment (LGW) hits the skids I guess. All the fan fare and gushing over LGW, and how they were going to save everybody a whole lot of bother and expense.

Wouldn't the max need to be certified by EASA for EU operations?  That's not a given right now from what I understand.

3 hours ago, AIP said:

So they should have predicted the Global pandemic when they first announced LGW? They should have predicted a future Codeshare with Virgin being moved entirely to LHR due to the pandemic? They should have predicted that most international carriers would stop service to LGW? Thanks AIP for highlighting another WJ failure. If only they were more visionary.

4 hours ago, AIP said:

Oh please, trans-Atlantic travel has taken a dump and slots are probably now available. Why wouldn't they do that?

FWIW, pre Covid the LGW numbers were very good, actually better than expected by a significant margin I had heard.

11 hours ago, AIP said:

Did you write this post 4 years ago and save it until it was convenient? 

Archived