US Election 2020

And so it begins.  With precedent, it doesn't look good for the defendants...

https://deadline.com/2020/12/donald-trump-rudy-giuliani-fox-news-newsmax-lawsuit-election-fraud-dominion-voting-systems-joe-biden-1234661231/

Fox News, Rudy Giuliani & Newsmax Face “Imminent” Defamation Lawsuit Over Election Vote Change Claims

Christmas just got a lot less festive for Fox News Channel, Newsmax and Rudy Giuliani because of a threatened big bucks defamation lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems.

“This disinformation campaign against Dominion has caused the company permanent and irreparable damages which are exacerbated by your ongoing refusal to retract,” says a letter sent today to the trio on behalf of the much-maligned voting software and hardware corporation.

Responding to frequent accusations on conservative media and Donald Trump’s personal lawyer that Dominion’s voting machines shifted millions of ballots in favor of Joe Biden over the former Celebrity Apprentice host in last month’s election, the correspondence added “litigation regarding these issues is imminent.”

Following previous legal threats by voting machines manufacturer Smartmatic that saw on-air retractions by FNC and Newsmax, the letters Wednesday from veteran defamation attorneys Tom Clare and Megan Meier of Virginia-based Clare Locke LLP on behalf of Dominion clearly weren’t messing around.

“With this letter you are on notice of your ongoing obligations to preserve documents related to Dominion’s claims for defamation based on allegations that the company acted improperly during the November 2020 presidential election and somehow rigged the election in favor of President-Elect Joe Biden,” they noted in black and white to Giuliani, as well as FNC and Newsmax.

AKA – Trump can deny he lost all he wants, but we’re coming for you.

From soon-to-be ex Attorney General Bill Barr on down, various fired and still hired federal and state government officials have said that the election was fair and not marred in any significant fashion by fraud, despite Trump and GOP claims to the contrary. “There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or were in any way compromised,” proclaimed the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency in late November.

Neither the White House nor reps for Newsmax responded to Deadline’s request for comment on the looming lawsuits, which could see damages sought in the hundreds of millions for the Toronto and Denver-based Dominion.

Fox News did not have a direct response to any potential defamation action.

However, a spokesperson for the Rupert Murdoch-owned FNC did advise Deadline to check out the November 22 interview their Eric Shawn had with J Alex Halderman of the University of Michigan on the matter. “To allege that a company like Dominion, that not only sells in many states across the country, but hopes to sell future machines, would engage in an attack that they know they would be discovered doing …well, it doesn’t make any sense,” Halderman said. “It’s not a technically feasible claim whatsoever, he added, also noting that there is “no evidence, none that Dominion voting machines changed any vote.”

Clearly Dominion’s lawyers don’t think the segment was enough of a mea culpa to get Fox off the potential defamation hook.

The fact that Dominion voting machines were not the reason for Trump’s loss had to be put in the most up-close and personal terms to Newsmax, which has still refused to acknowledge Biden as the winner and President-elect with less than a month before the inauguration.

“More troubling though, Newsmax’s broadcasts present a clear and present danger to the health and safety of Dominion’s employees,” the correspondence to the Chris Ruddy founded outlet states, with similar language used for FNC and the ex-NYC Mayor. “They have been stalked, harassed, and threatened because of the false claims you published to a global audience. The volume of these threats has required the company to hire private security firms to intervene and defend against the barrage of threats.”

Newsmax and Giuliani re already now embroiled in one lawsuit from Dominion, or rather more specifically the company’s director of product strategy and security.

Yesterday, after weeks of being thrust into the spotlight in claims of stealing the election for Biden and working with far-left groups. Eric Coomer sued the growing Newsmax and Giuliani plus the Trump reelection campaign, former and perhaps future Trump lawyer Sidney Powell, conservative columnist Michelle Malkin, the fledging One America News Network and other right-leaning media outlets for defamation.

Personally attacked by Trump and referred to by Giuliani as “a vicious, vicious man,” Coomer’s suit says he is taking the defendants to federal court because of “untold damage to his reputation as a national expert on voting systems,” says the filing by Denver firm Cain and Skarnulis PLLC

That damage includes direct threats on his life and a $1 million bounty by Trump supporters.

“Spreading false conspiracy theories about American election workers can have devastating consequences,” says Coomer’s lawsuit. Fox News, Rudy Giuliani and Newsmax may discover that too now if Dominion carry through on their own legal action.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Between the posts of deicer and A330pilot my page down button is wearing out

Couldn't resist this....  

Posted Images

https://www.themideastbeast.com/giuliani-converts-to-islam-issues-fatwa-declaring-trump-still-president/

Giuliani Converts to Islam, Issues Fatwa Declaring Trump Still President

In his latest attempt to save President Donald Trump’s re-election bid, former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani has officially converted to Islam, named himself a mufti, and issued a fatwa declaring Trump the winner of the November 3 presidential election.

The move is the latest attempt to reverse the election results by Trump’s legal team, which has come up empty in a series of lawsuits seeking to overturn former Vice President Joe Biden’s win based on claims of massive voter fraud. Giuliani now acknowledges there was little if any voter fraud, but says that states are mandated by the fatwa – an Islamic religious decree – to certify Trump as the election winner.

“Look, I don’t see why we keep wasting our time counting all these votes when I’ve got a fatwa right here saying who the winner is,” Giuliani told CNN’s Jake Tapper. “And I am not sure why we even had an election, since democracy betrays the will of Allah by usurping his sole right to make the laws that govern man.”

Most Democrats have ignored Giuliani’s latest gambit and continue urging Trump officials to work with the Biden transition team. But the fatwa may help swing Minnesota into Trump’s column, as one of the state’s most prominent elected leaders has called for the board of elections to award the state to the president.

“I don’t like Trump, but if there’s a fatwa then there’s a fatwa and we have to follow it,” said Representative Ilhan Omar. “Anyone doesn’t support reversing the election results and certifying Trump as the winner is just being Islamophobic.”

• Haha 1

https://www.businessinsider.com/rudy-giuliani-witness-slammed-with-cease-and-desist-from-dominion-2020-12

Rudy Giuliani's 'star' Michigan witness Mellissa Carone has been slammed with a scathing cease-and-desist letter from Dominion Voting Systems

• Mellissa Carone, who gained notoriety as a witness for Rudy Giuliani during a Michigan election-fraud hearing early this month, has been hit with a cease-and-desist letter from Dominion Voting Systems over her comments.
  • Carone's testimony, which at times drew laughter from hearing attendees, accused the company of engaging in election fraud.
  • Video of Carone's testimony went viral and prompted a parody skit on "Saturday Night Live."
  • Carone is among nearly two dozen people and companies — including Fox News, Newsmax, and OANN — who have received cease-and-desist notifications from Dominion's lawyers over election-fraud claims.
  • In early December, Mellissa Carone became the subject of fascination — and a "Saturday Night Live" skit — after she appeared as a witness for Rudy Giuliani at a Michigan hearing over claims that Dominion Voting Systems' technology was used to perpetrate election fraud.

Now she's the recipient of a cease-and-desist order from the company.

Lawyers for Dominion sent Carone a strongly worded letter last week accusing the Grosse Pointe Woods mother of two of spreading lies about the company.

"You gained international infamy earlier this month as Rudy Giuliani's so-called 'star witness' who could supposedly corroborate outlandish accusations that Dominion has somehow rigged or otherwise improperly influenced the outcome of the Nov. 2020 US presidential election," the letter, which was first published by Law and Crime, said.

• It continued: "We write to you now because you have positioned yourself as a prominent leader of the ongoing misinformation campaign by pretending to have some sort of 'insider's knowledge' regarding Dominion's business activities, when in reality you were hired through a staffing agency for one day to clean glass on machines and complete other menial tasks."

The letter warned that "litigation regarding these issues is imminent."

• Carone did not immediately respond to a request for comment about the cease-and-desist letter.

•  

Carone's testimony included a litany of unfounded claims and accusations that at times bordered on the absurd. She repeatedly told state representatives running the hearing, "I know what I saw."

Carone drew laughter at times during her testimony, especially when she attempted to confront state Rep. Steven Johnson about an alleged discrepancy on the voter rolls.

"What'd you guys do, take it and do something crazy to it?" she said. "I know what I saw. I know what I saw! And I signed something that said that if I'm wrong I can go to prison. Did you?"

At one point during the hearing, Giuliani could be heard "shushing" her as she told the oversight panel that she'd seen poll workers run the same ballots through voting machines "thousands of times."

• The clip of her testimony went viral online and was viewed nearly 10 million times.

Dominion Voting Systems, which designed voting machines used in at least 24 states during this year's US presidential election, sent out a slew of cease-and-desist letters in recent weeks, threatening legal action against anchors at Fox, OANN, and Newsmax, among others, for making baseless claims about election fraud involving the company. Pro-Trump lawyers, including Sydney Powell and Lin Wood were also sent letters.

Anchors at Newsmax walked back some of the network's claims on the air after receiving letters from Dominion.

In the days following her testimony, it was revealed that Carone harassed her fiancé's ex-wife by sending her sex tapes. She was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct as part of a plea deal. Carone also apparently refused to quarantine after being in close contact with Giuliani directly after he tested positive for the coronavirus.

•  

Just your typical Democrat Senator... nothing to see here

“ The unconventional political path Morrissey has taken includes a teen sex scandal, jail time, disbarment and alleged inappropriate conduct with a client. Despite this, he still received over 60 percent of the votes, reports WSET.”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/controversial-lawmaker-who-served-time-teen-sex-scandal-wins-virginia-state-senate-seat-1470512%3famp=1

DEA99B58-CD8C-4786-B7C8-52B6DBD33B33.jpeg

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

Not quite as portrayed  in Jaydee's post re the stat rape "the two are now married and have three children together.  He was born in 1957 so not sure how the charges would have been in the early 90s.

Virginia state Sen. Joe Morrissey faces criminal charges for alleged election violations - The Washington Post

Dec. 4, 2020 at 4:21 p.m. MST

RICHMOND — Virginia state Sen. Joseph D. Morrissey (D-Richmond) has been charged with three criminal misdemeanors after allegedly campaigning inside a polling place during the 2019 election.

Morrissey, 63, was arraigned on Thursday in Richmond General District Court after being served with the charges on Monday.

A spokeswoman for the Virginia State Police said the investigation was opened at the request of Richmond’s commonwealth’s attorney and involved Morrissey’s “presence and actions at a polling location” in the city on Nov. 5, 2019, as he was seeking his state Senate seat.

A video posted to social media showed Morrissey visiting with poll workers, delivering doughnuts and posing for pictures.

He was charged under a section of state law that prohibits campaigning within a polling place or delaying or hindering people from voting. Morrissey countered that one provision within that section allows a candidate to visit a polling place “for no longer than 10 minutes.”

Morrissey, who revels in his image as a bad-boy politician and once won an election to the House of Delegates while serving jail time on charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, dismissed the charges as “donutgate.”

Morrissey’s office said he visited the precinct in the Church Hill section of Richmond to deliver Krispy Kreme doughnuts to the election workers inside. “Several of the workers asked to take a picture with Senator Morrissey and he obliged,” the release said.

Morrissey went on to blame the matter on state Attorney General Mark R. Herring (D), who authorized the state police to conduct the investigation. State law requires the governor, the attorney general or a grand jury to sign off before an elected official can be investigated, according to Herring spokeswoman Charlotte Gomer.

“I’m shocked but not surprised” by Herring’s decision, Morrissey said, who suggested that it came after Morrissey had endorsed Del. Jerrauld C. “Jay” Jones (D-Norfolk) over Herring in next year’s race for attorney general.

Morrissey accused Herring of ignoring more serious matters, such as the coronavirus pandemic, to instead “allocate the resources of his office to investigate the donut delivery man.”

But Gomer said Herring had nothing to do with conducting the investigation, which was handled by state police at the direction of a special prosecutor appointed by the Richmond commonwealth’s attorney.

“Pretty much everything in Senator Morrissey’s statement is really so far beyond the realm of reality that I don’t think it’s worth printing,” Gomer said.

State police said the investigation is ongoing.

Morrissey has had numerous run-ins with the law over the years. He faced assault charges in the early 1990s when he was Richmond’s commonwealth’s attorney and had to resign his seat in the House of Delegates over charges that stemmed from his relationship with his 17-year-old receptionist.

The two are now married and have three children together. Morrissey’s victory in the state Senate race last year was a huge comeback, aided by his local fame as a no-holds-barred defense lawyer. He has lost his law license, however, in part because of his criminal record.

Thanks for adding those additional charges. I missed those.

Quite the outstanding resume for a United States Senator ...a person with the responsibility of helping shape the future of a country.....(whether he married his rapee or not)

1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

Thanks for adding those additional charges. I missed those.

Quite the outstanding resume for a United States Senator ...a person with the responsibility of helping shape the future of a country.....(whether he married his rapee or not)

17..... rape?   All depends on where you live, eg. the age of consent in Japan is 13, in Britain it is 16 as it is here in Canada, in France it is 15.   etc.    In the US it varies from state to state as do a lot of things ( open gun carry etc etc etc). However breaking the law is after all illegal.

Such things are not limited to republicans however: GovTrack.us - Legislator Misconduct Database

20 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

17..... rape?   All depends on where you live

From the link I posted above..this happened in Virginia.

" Meanwhile, Pride had texted a close friend about the alleged sexual encounter, worried because they had not used protection. Morrissey gave her $70 for a morning after pill, according to the graphic texts included in the plea agreement.

Virginia statutory rape law is violated "when a person has consensual sexual intercourse with an individual under age 18."

She was 17 at the time

23 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

From the link I posted above..this happened in Virginia.

" Meanwhile, Pride had texted a close friend about the alleged sexual encounter, worried because they had not used protection. Morrissey gave her $70 for a morning after pill, according to the graphic texts included in the plea agreement.

Virginia statutory rape law is violated "when a person has consensual sexual intercourse with an individual under age 18."

She was 17 at the time

As I said before, his act was illegal but that does vary by venue. However I am surprised that you are ignoring illegal acts by other elected officials. 

•  

Nothing will probably come of it...But the fight goes on......

Nearly 30 Republicans from the United States House of Representatives have vowed to object to the certification of Electoral College votes in favor of Joe Biden on January 6.

" On Wednesday, GOP Reps. Jeff Duncan of South Carlina and Randy Weber of Texas voiced their concerns and reasons for objecting to the certification, with Duncan saying in a statement that his oath to protect Americans “comes with the vital role of ensuring the legality of our free and fair election system.”

" In a release announcing his decision, Hawley also vowed to “call for Congress to launch a full investigation of potential fraud and election irregularities and enact election integrity measures.”

In a segment airing on Saturday, Georgia’s Rep.-elect Marjorie Taylor Greene told The Kyle Olson Show that her colleagues will object to electors from six states.

“We refuse to certify a stolen election,” Greene said. “As members of Congress, it’s our duty to protect the integrity of our elections.”

Two House Republicans have also told CNN that they expect more than 140 House Republicans to object to the electoral college certification on January 6.

In an intervciew with Breitbart News Daily and host Alex Marlow, former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach said that “there may very well be a big fight in Congress over whether the votes of the electors of those states where they changed the rules without legislative action should be accepted.”

Alabama Republican Sen.-elect Tommy Tuberville has also signaled he may object to the Electoral College certification on January 6. Earlier this month, Tuberville toldYellowhammer News that he is “always going to support President Trump,” adding that “he’s the best president of my lifetime and has done more for the people of this country and the state of Alabama than anybody.”

45 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

However I am surprised that you are ignoring illegal acts by other elected officials. 

Wasn't aware I was ignoring anyone, but rather highlighting one particulate case from this last election and that was the only intent. That being said, these Americans are newbies compared to Trudeau and his cabinet.

'Have a great New Year Malcolm...it's certainly been an eventful 2020 from numerous stand points. Definitely one for the history books.

My sincere thanks to Seeker for allowing this forum to go on basically unhindered. It's been interesting  at times, but these are the conversations that need to be had imo.

Edited by Jaydee

Here's another issue that speaks to integrity and I'm no longer interested in fact checking this stuff, it's a never ending blood trail with no consequences. Someone here is a blatant liar and the axe should fall where the fault lies. 

Everyone knows that politicians take selfies and pictures with hundreds of people a day when campaigning, they all do it and do it without inquiry. Any media worthy of the title would investigate this in detail and expose the lying party for what they are. 

I always hear democrats blathering about integrity, how about showing some.... I'll be the first to applaud it. In a world where integrity mattered, the lying party would be assured of loosing the election runoff. This should be a deciding factor for those on the fence.... it's not even a blip. That says to me that voters are the problem and they get the politicians they deserve.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/warnock-ossoffs-loeffler-campaigning-klansman

Edited by Wolfhunter
5 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

I always hear democrats blathering about integrity, how about showing some.

Critics are laying into the Big Apple's leader for dancing on national television while the rest of the city was told to stay inside and socially distance during the coronavirus pandemic.

De Blasio under fire for dancing in deserted Times Square

Social media lights up with 'View' co-host tweeting 'everyone hates' the mayor

New York City dropped the ball again on New Year's Eve, but perhaps not as much as its mayor, Bill de Blasio did

Critics are laying into the Big Apple's leader for dancing on national television while the rest of the city was told to stay inside and socially distance during the coronavirus pandemic.

Against the backdrop of a mostly empty Times Square, de Blasio and his wife, Chirlane McCray, danced on stage together at the famous landmark. Typically, it is packed with people doing the same on New Year's Eve.

"The View" co-host Meghan McCain tweeted: "You've always been basically the worst political in modern history - but shutting down the NYC but having your own private party in Times Square is really *chefs kiss* the most tone deaf thing I may have ever seen a Mayor do. Everyone hates you DeBlasio

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de-blasio-dancing-times-square?fbclid=IwAR0nAyrZcdNMBv8lNVu8AjTijhds3liJt_aoMt-DiKL7y_GjcavjqcsWMTk

D35EBFA2-5A4C-4E54-A08D-51716B8A0FFD.jpeg

Joshua David Hawley (born December 31, 1979) is an American lawyer and politician serving as the junior U.S. Senator from Missouri. A member of the Republican Party, Hawley served as the 42nd Missouri Attorney General from 2017 to 2019, before defeating two-term Democratic incumbent Senator Claire McCaskill in the 2018 election. At age 41, he is the youngest current U.S. senator.[1]

06B0A68D-2A20-480E-B207-EB4F9171CDB7.jpeg

While I must say it is a satisfying thing to watch trump lose over and over, doesn't one have to ask oneself why all these  shenanigans are taking place?

They know they won't win or change the results.

The damage being done to democracy in the U.S. is fast becoming irreparable.

What they have learned is that it is very easy to fleece the sheep of the trump base through fundraising by waving that banner.  It is very unfortunate that they have trained 74 million to have that lack of critical thinking.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-04/trump-rnc-raised-207-5-million-since-november-election-he-lost

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2020/11/21/what-to-make-of-more-than-70m-americans-who-voted-for-trump

What to make of more than 70m Americans who voted for Trump?

As of today, 73,781,603 people voted for Trump, which amounts to 47.2 percent of the total votes counted.

Donald Trump’s crushing defeat in the 2020 US presidential election was a psychological triumph for humanity at large. The peoples of the world needed catharsis from the terror of Donald Trump that Americans perpetrated upon them, so they wished for his humiliating defeat. This collective wish had nothing to do with his rival, Joe Biden. It had everything to do with humanity’s desire to return to sanity and reason after being subjected to Trump’s thuggery for four calamitous years

On the morning of November 7, when Joe Biden was finally called as the winner of the election, there was a sigh of relief audible across America and the world. But the respite was brief. Now Americans and the rest of the world are wondering how some 70 million people could vote for Donald Trump, after his racist thuggery was on full display for so long.

The 73,701,667 Voters Question

“How can 59,054,087 people be so dumb?” The question a British tabloid asked on its front page when delivering the news of George W Bush’s re-election in 2004 is perhaps one of the most memorable phrases in the contemporary history of US presidential elections.

The world had witnessed Bush’s invasion and occupation of first Afghanistan in 2001, and then Iraq in 2003. It had seen what kind of a man he was and how much damage he could inflict on humanity at large. Still, Americans had re-elected him as their president. So the British tabloid’s question was brutish and rude (especially coming from a country that was then being led by Tony Blair), but it was also legitimate.

And the questions persist in 2020. As of November 21, 73,781,603 people voted for Trump, which amounts to 47.2 percent of the total votes counted. The same statistics tell us 79,816,557 Americans voted for Biden, which is about 51.1 percent of the total votes counted.

These are not bad numbers – a majority of American people, especially Black people and other marginalised communities at the mercy of this country’s historic, systemic and incurable racism, voted Donald Trump out of office. There is much reason to celebrate that fact. But there is much reason for soul searching too.

Even when you look at the so-called “blue” states, like my home state of New York, you see thousands if not millions of determined Trump supporters. Trump lost New York in the 2020 election, but only 58.3 percent of New Yorkers voted against him. A solid 40.4 percent of voters used their ballots to demonstrate their support for a racist criminal who denies climate change and has the blood of more than 200,000 innocent Americans on his hands for failing to lead the country through the coronavirus pandemic. That is four out of 10 people I cross paths with every day on my way to work or my local park. This is a frightening fact.

Do not be fooled by these “blue” and “red” states. There is red inside every blue state, and blue inside every red state. There is no separate country somewhere between Ohio and Idaho, North Dakota and Texas to give to Republicans while the Democrats live their bicoastal lives in peace.

How to read the frightening fact

Democrats had declared the 2020 election “a battle for the soul of the country”. The fact that some 70 million Americans voted for the diabolic charlatan that is Trump has prompted many Americans to wonder what exactly is this “soul” they think they are fighting to save.

On November 5, the New York Times published an op-ed by Roxane Gay with the headline “This is America”. A day later, however, the headline was changed to “I am Shattered, but Ready to Fight”. This peculiar headline change was the embodiment of the anxiety that has engulfed not only the masses of Americans who did not vote for Trump, but also the so-called “paper of record”, in the wake of the presidential election. New York Times editors clearly do not know what to do with the millions of Americans who voted for Trump even after witnessing the range and depth of his evil character for four long years.

Though the headline was changed, the troubling fact remains in the body of the text, Roxane Gay writes: “This is not an aberration. This is indeed our country and who the proverbial ‘we’ are. The way this election has played out shouldn’t be a surprise if you’ve been paying attention or if you understand racism and how systemic it really is.”

Roxane Gay is not the only American who has started this soul searching.  Living in a country where basically half of its people voted for a xenophobic freak who ordered babies to be snatched from their mothers’ arms and put in cages, four years after all such cruelties were on full display, is not an easy task.

“I think it’s a mistake to convince ourselves that Trump, or Trumpism, is easy to defeat,” Noah Berlatsky wrote in the Independent. “The truth is, as we are learning again, Trump, in all his incompetence, brutishness, and cruelty, embodies one powerful, ugly, and persistent version of the American dream.”

There is a problem with all such honest assessments, however. They all leave the Democratic Party off the hook. The corruption, incompetence and downright reactionary disposition of the Democratic Party cannot be ignored when trying to make sense of these catastrophic numbers. The Democratic Party told us Biden was the safe choice, and he almost lost the election to a racist brute, for Americans lacked a truly visionary choice befitting their dire circumstances.

There is no over-reading the results of this election. Americans were given a choice between a Republican crook and a worn-out Democrat – half of them choose one and the other half the other. What’s strange about that? Garbage in garbage out – as they say. “He may be a son of a b***h, but he’s our son of a b***h.” That’s what President Franklin Roosevelt is believed to have said about Nicaraguan dictator Anastasio Somoza. Well, what goes around comes around. That is evidently what Republicans think of Trump, too: He’s their son of a b***h.

Re-centring American politics

A significant portion of those who voted for Trump are no doubt irredeemably racist and eager to have a fellow white supremacist in the White House. They are the relics of a horrid history of racism that is, and will always be, definitive of this country. There is no curing them.

But this is not the full picture. There is also a significant part of this constituency that is redeemable, and their vote for Trump is an index of something very recent in America’s history. The question is whether people care to recall that history.

Ever since Ronald Reagan’s presidency in the 1980s, the epicentre of American politics has consistently been shifting to the right. In April 1980, Jimmy Carter’s infamous mission to rescue American hostages in Iran ended in catastrophe, wounded America’s military pride and paved the way for the bellicose militarism of Ronald Reagan. In his eight years in office, Reagan shifted American political culture to the right, and with it, the corrupt and cowardly leadership of the Democratic Party. Over the following few decades, Democrats travelled so further into the right that today modestly progressive politicians like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or Bernie Sanders are perceived by many as the vanguards of a Bolshevik revolution.

To save the “soul” of America, that epicentre must be pushed back to where it was before Reagan, in the aftermath of the Vietnam war when a fusion of anti-war sentiment and civil rights uprisings shaped the nation’s politics. This is the only way to reset American politics with a fundamental awareness of the historic terror it has perpetrated upon the world. This will not happen unless and until Americans see their domestic history as integral to the world’s history that is at the mercy of their warmongering militarism.

There was a full spectacle of this self-centrism on display when American media was celebrating Kamala Harris for “making history” by becoming the first Black woman to be elected to the second-highest office of the United States. Of course, Harris did not make “history” just for making her way into American history.

American history is not “history”. It is just American history. Dozens of women around the world made that history long before Kamala Harris. Sirimavo Bandaranaike made that history in 1960, some 80 years before Kamala Harris, when she became the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka, followed by scores of other women in Asia, Africa and Latin America.

What happened in America was that after almost two and a half centuries of older white men leading the country, another older white man acknowledged a political necessity and appointed a woman as his running mate. It is this pathological provincialism of Americans that must be addressed and cured.

To recentre American politics is to reawaken its historical memory, to go back to the historic speech of Martin Luther King “Beyond Vietnam” in 1967, and remember the way he connected racism and militarism together – and thus to bring the US back to the fold of humanity at large.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris and the entire leadership of the Democratic Party, from the Clintons to the Obamas, are the products of American provincialism. They can scarcely see it, let alone address and cure it. It is up to the most progressive forces of this country to make that historical fact a political reality. Give Americans better choices than the Bonnie and Clyde of reactionary politics, and they will make better decisions.

56 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

There's so much provable  BS in Deicers article, even CNN's septic system would have overflowed.

The quickest solution is an open bar with the seatbelt sign off... let em dance until there's a long (and slow) lineup to puke in the only non MEL'd lav.... then shut it down. 

Issue the remaining bags sparingly and in accordance with racial sensitivity in an effort to right the wrongs of the past: ie. 400 years before anyone on the flight was born. 

Full report in msg format as above please...

Maybe a 200 page thread of absurd aviation analogies is what's required. OK, I'll go first... In the interests of flight safety, who's up for defunding AMEs, pilots, ATC and security screening?

I propose that a 50% reduction in customs enforcement will result in a 50% reduction in smuggling. Surely in a world of stupid that makes perfect sense.... right?

How about this: on every documented case of violent air rage there has been (at least one) crash axe present in the cockpit.... clearly they are contributing to the problem and should be removed.

Yes deicer.... I can do this sh%^ all day. 

Edited by Wolfhunter
42 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

Yes deicer.... I can do this sh%^ all day. 

I agree, you can.

When you are writing fantasy, fueled by questionable news sources, you have an unlimited supply of material.

Once again, trump is recorded committing an illegal act.  He should be impeached, however, thankfully he will be out of office in 17 days.

The audio at the top doesn't lie...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-raffensperger-call-georgia-vote/2021/01/03/d45acb92-4dc4-11eb-bda4-615aaefd0555_story.html

‘I just want to find 11,780 votes’: In extraordinary hour-long call, Trump pressures Georgia secretary of state to recalculate the vote in his favor

President Trump urged fellow Republican Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state, to “find” enough votes to overturn his defeat in an extraordinary one-hour phone call Saturday that election experts said raised legal questions.

The Washington Post obtained a recording of the conversation in which Trump alternately berated Raffensperger, tried to flatter him, begged him to act and threatened him with vague criminal consequences if the secretary of state refused to pursue his false claims, at one point warning that Raffensperger was taking “a big risk.”

Throughout the call, Raffensperger and his office’s general counsel rejected Trump’s assertions, explaining that the president is relying on debunked conspiracy theories and that President-elect Joe Biden’s 11,779-vote victory in Georgia was fair and accurate.

Trump’s conversation with Raffensperger put him in legally questionable territory, legal experts said. By exhorting the secretary of state to “find” votes and to deploy investigators who “want to find answers,” Trump appears to be encouraging him to doctor the election outcome in Georgia.

But experts said Trump’s clearer transgression is a moral one. Edward B. Foley, a law professor at Ohio State University, said that the legal questions are murky and would be subject to prosecutorial discretion. But he also emphasized that the call was “inappropriate and contemptible” and should prompt moral outrage.

“He was already tripping the emergency meter,” Foley said. “So we were at 12 on a scale of 1 to 10, and now we’re at 15.”

Throughout the call, Trump detailed an exhaustive list of disinformation and conspiracy theories to support his position. He claimed without evidence that he had won Georgia by at least a half-million votes. He floated a barrage of assertions that have been investigated and disproved: that thousands of dead people voted; that an Atlanta election worker scanned 18,000 forged ballots three times each and “100 percent” were for Biden; that thousands more voters living out of state came back to Georgia illegally just to vote in the election.

Only a Leftist could twist something so innocent to fit their perverse political / social agenda 

“ The usage of amen, meaning "so be it" (as found in the early scriptures of the Bible), is a word of Biblical Hebrew origin. The word originated in the Hebrew Scriptures, as a confirmatory response; “

660B9BA5-F7A6-4EA0-B56B-5752531D1D8F.jpeg

Edited by Jaydee
33 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

Thinking themselves wise they became fools. 

Ain't that the truth?  Foolish once for not knowing the meaning, foolish twice for not taking the time to research the meaning, foolish thrice for acting on it in such a public forum without knowing the meaning.

Amen is a transliteration of the Hebrew word amen [em'a]. The verb form occurs more than one hundred times in the Old Testament and means to take care, to be faithful, reliable or established, or to believe someone or something.

Personally, I'm offended by implication that there are only two genders.  What about the millions (apparently) of persons who don't identify as male or female?  It's an act of violence to deny their existence and he deserves to be de-platformed and lose his job.

2 hours ago, seeker said:

Personally, I'm offended by implication that there are only two genders.  What about the millions (apparently) of persons who don't identify as male or female?  It's an act of violence to deny their existence and he deserves to be de-platformed and lose his job.

As was I.

If you really want to inflame progressive Mensa members use the word niggardly in a sentence. It's a stand alone noun taken from old english (I think) and has nothing to do with what they think it does. 

OK, in the interests of peace and harmony here is the origin.... you don't hear it being used much anymore.

Niggardly (noun: niggard) is an adjective meaning "stingy" or "miserly". It is derived from the Middle English word nigard, which is probably derived from Old Norse nigla, meaning "to be poor", which itself is most likely derived from hnøggr ("stingy").

Edited by Wolfhunter