howsyoursummergoing?

jackr

5 minutes ago, Cargoagent said:

Ok now that I got the spacebar fixed on my keyboard. 

It is nothing to do with the spacebar........   

Hi Jack, 

i’m in the 1000 Islans and this is real   Muskie country but the big ones are not normally caught until the fall. Could be the excessive boat traffic that keeps them deep. There is a mounted Muskie in the Gananoque Marina office and if I remember correctly it is a record size 

Other  than that  great weather, warm weather, warm water and a boaters dream. Hope you are having another memorable summer 

55 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

Hi Jack, 

i’m in the 1000 Islans and this is real   Muskie country but the big ones are not normally caught until the fall. Could be the excessive boat traffic that keeps them deep. There is a mounted Muskie in the Gananoque Marina office and if I remember correctly it is a record size 

Other  than that  great weather, warm weather, warm water and a boaters dream. Hope you are having another memorable summer 

gettinganewkeyboardplusitsbeen hotin halifax sunburnedandenjoyingthemicrobreweryin mybuilding.

31 minutes ago, beaverboy said:

You’re an idiot.  Perhaps you should refrain from making stupid comments.  

Not to defend him but perhaps not all of us are aware of the circumstances.  So perhaps some slack is warranted. 

I've been looking for a new cottage - something on the shore.  Some observations

• I'm finding it scary as hell to ride my bike in cottage country.  Definitely a non starter with little kids.
  • And damn - who knew Kayaks were that squirrely?  
  • New canoes (Swift) cost > $4K?  Wow!
  • There a lot of slobs and snobs up here
  • Internet service is dodgy
  • What do folks with big boats or houseboats do all day?  Aren't they claustrophobic, crowded, etc?
  • After the first few high speed sprints what else do you do with a Jet Ski?

19 hours ago, Specs said:

What do folks with big boats or houseboats do all day?  Aren't they claustrophobic, crowded, etc?

What you do depends on how big the boat is, what amenities it has on board, and where you are with the boat

.A true boater never has a dull day as there is always something to do for the boat...wash/wax/polish....add new toys ......if on a dock it is fun to talk to other serious boaters and swap tales as well as solve issues with mechanical or other problems that crop up.

Normally, on docks, there is a "Happy Hour" at 4:30 pm....sometimes all the women get together and make a buffet for everyone on that dock...It doesn't matter how large your boat is but most boaters believe in this saying.... for example I say "We can party 14 and sleep 2....Can I make a reservation at a close motel for you ???" 

5 minutes ago, Moon The Loon said:

See private message.

I’ve responded to your message.  Please re read the post DIRECTED to cargoagent.    It was this person the comment was directed to. Not to Jack.   I thought that was clear.?  I guess it wasn’t.  

15 hours ago, beaverboy said:

I’ve responded to your message.  Please re read the post DIRECTED to cargoagent.    It was this person the comment was directed to. Not to Jack.   I thought that was clear.?  I guess it wasn’t.  

It was clear to me. Jack, I too hope you stick around.

As much as I hope Jack (and the rest of you guys) hang around what we should be advising is to turn off the computer and go outside to enjoy the short summer season.  Yes, long-term, hang around but short term - go outside and soak up the sun - we can all meet back here in late Sept or October.

Archived