Major Changes at WestJet

I continue to wonder what kind of lifeline Onex is supplying Westjet and on what terms. Onex won't underwrite deep losses. AC's cash raising amounts to a bath for shareholders, and ultimately Transat shareholders are in for a very big haircut.. But the privately owned airlines can't expect their owners, however, deep-pocketed, to keep writing endless cheques..

2 hours ago, dagger said:

I continue to wonder what kind of lifeline Onex is supplying Westjet and on what terms. Onex won't underwrite deep losses. AC's cash raising amounts to a bath for shareholders, and ultimately Transat shareholders are in for a very big haircut.. But the privately owned airlines can't expect their owners, however, deep-pocketed, to keep writing endless cheques..

I guess this will depend on how much of a loss they will accept over and above what they paid

estJet, one of Canada’s largest airlines, has signed a $5 billion deal to be bought out by the investment company Onex. READ MORE: WestJet to be sold in friendly deal to Onex Corp. for $5 billion

, not so long ago, for WestJet.  Not much of a market for used aircraft right now, so not many assets to sell off or am I wrong?  I hope for those who are still working for WestJet that the carrier pulls though.

ONEX Net Worth 2013-2020 | ONEXF

Interactive chart of historical net worth (market cap) for ONEX (ONEXF) over the last 10 years. How much a company is worth is typically represented by its market capitalization, or the current stock price multiplied by the number of shares outstanding. ONEX net worth as of June 26, 2020 is $4.42B.   https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/ONEXF/onex/net-worth

Archived