Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

Black Lives Matter

10 hours ago, seeker said:

It's the last point which I find significant - expect more and more confrontations between protestors and property owners and citizens with their backs to the wall - some, no doubt, will be planned for maximum confrontation potential - after all, it's good for business.  With just a little more anger, a little more fuel, maybe one of the protestors lunges for the woman's handgun and get shot by the white dude with an AR on livestream - can't even imagine the fallout and it's not at all unlikely.

I followed this incident with some interest because the reporting was so different. I'm still not 100% sure of all the facts but one thing is absolutely and fundamentally true with reference to main stream media..... one of the sides is a bold faced liar, they know they are lying, they don't care they are lying and they are pouring gas on the fire with the malice of forethought in support of an agenda. The true definition of a hate crime IMO. Those screaming the loudest about hate crimes are the most suspect here.

Depending on how the wind blows, this could end very badly. Once critical mass is achieved, the fires of stupid become self sustaining, mob violence is much to be feared. The property owners have been left on their own, they have good reason to be afraid and will likely respond as inappropriately as the mobs attacking them. It can spiral rapidly. At some point, even the dullest liberal will realize it's gone to far. That's when the people who created the mess will deflect the blame on political rivals saying they created the environment that made these violent activities necessary....  "you made me do it." It was ever so, you see that in domestic violence situations as well...."look what she made me do" is an all too common refrain and people just like the lady below are voting for the politicians they admire (meaning as delusional as they are). The WDYTWGTH file is now so thick that space is an issue and keeping up is a full time job. I may have to abandon the attempt. It's like a perfect storm of stupid.... how did we get here? Maybe a show called Wild Kingdumb would be educational in California.

California woman gored by bison at Yellowstone National Park after getting within 10 feet to take photos

Edited by Wolfhunter

Terry Crews under fire for tweeting Black Lives Matter shouldn’t morph into ‘Black Lives Better’

author-placeholder.jpg
By Adam Wallis Global News
Posted June 30, 2020 1:28 pm
'Draft Day' (2014). Terry Crews.
'Draft Day' (2014). Terry Crews. Dale Robinette/Summit Entertainment/Courtesy Everett Collection

For the second time in three weeks, Terry Crews, the Black American actor, has stirred controversy on Twitter by posting a divisive statement pertaining to racial equality in the wake of the Black Lives Matter protests sparked by the death of George Floyd last month.

“If you are a child of God, you are my brother and sister. I have family of every race, creed and ideology,” the Brooklyn Nine-Nine star wrote on the social media platform on Monday, June 30.

We must ensure #blacklivesmatter doesn’t morph into #blacklivesbetter,” he added, expressing concern that the Black Lives Matter movement could result in even further racial inequality.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7125265/terry-crews-controversy-black-lives-matter-tweet/

Edward Colston statue: Man held over criminal damage

• 1 July 2020

Colston statue lowered into Bristol harbourImage copyrightPA MEDIA

A man has been arrested in connection with the toppling of a statue of slave trader Edward Colston.

A bronze memorial to the 17th Century slave merchant was torn down in Bristol during a Black Lives Matter protest on 7 June and was dumped in the harbour.

Avon and Somerset Police said it would review footage of a "small group of people" filmed pulling down the statue with ropes.

A 24-year-old has been held on suspicion of criminal damage.

The investigation remains ongoing.

On 22 June officers appealed for the public's help to identify 15 people they wanted to speak to because they said "in the eyes of the law" a crime had been committed and the force was "duty-bound to investigate without fear or favour".

The statue was pulled from its plinth in the city centre and was rolled into the harbour. It was later recovered from the water and is due to be given a new home in a city museum displayed with placards from the Black Lives Matter protest.

After allowing BLM protests, city of Calgary threatens citizens for celebrating the founding of their country.

9CD8C075-EDE0-4521-A1AA-EE9614D0CD28.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

After allowing BLM protests, city of Calgary threatens citizens for celebrating the founding of their country.

9CD8C075-EDE0-4521-A1AA-EE9614D0CD28.jpeg

Talk about fake news.   You are way off on this post.  The decision from the city of Calgary is all about distancing and the need to keep our infection rate down, unlike what we see in Ontario and Quebec.  So ......

On 7/1/2020 at 9:18 PM, Marshall said:

Talk about fake news.   You are way off on this post.  The decision from the city of Calgary is all about distancing and the need to keep our infection rate down, unlike what we see in Ontario and Quebec.  So ......

Since I’m not from Calgary, I would like to know whether or not they allowed BLM protests ?  

(1) Did they try to shut them down or allow them to proceed unhindered by officials?

(2) Is the tweet is faked?

Everywhere else that I’ve read about, politicians and Police Forces did SFA to shut BLM down.  Too hot of a topic so they bowed in fear? 

The message sent to normal law abiding Canadians was that you are somehow immune to Covid when you are a protester, but automatically are a rabid dog spreading death and disease at any other gathering??

Just wondering..

Thanks.

Edited by Jaydee

First contact with reality and immediate consequence. With a bit more exposure she will learn to place the blame where it belongs. Then (and only then) will she develop the ability to anticipate unpleasant consequences and kindle the discipline it takes to avoid them. Too bad it can't be synthesized, as a society, this is exactly the vaccination we need more of. 

The failure to anticipate cause and effect isn't the path to safety and it doesn't eliminate consequences, it simply paves the road to delusion. If you were wondering how "privilege" could best be defined.... this Buds for you: 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/harvard-grad-blames-trump-supporters-after-stab-video-costs-her-deloitte-job

Future jobs options for her:

Edited by Wolfhunter

57 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Strange I can not find that on the official site: https://twitter.com/cityofcalgary   

If you search under June 30, you will find a post with lots of replies critiquing the cities tweet. All the replies are there except for the original posted tweet from the City. Looks like the city deleted it, but the replies remain on record...at this point in time anyway.

https://twitter.com/cityofcalgary/status/1277993043639992320

5 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

If you search under June 30, you will find a post with lots of replies critiquing the cities tweet. All the replies are there except for the original posted tweet from the City. Looks like the city deleted it, but the replies remain on record...at this point in time anyway.

https://twitter.com/cityofcalgary/status/1277993043639992320

anyway, in answer to your original question, yes there were BLM marches here in Calgary but quite limited and orderly. Impossible to stop without creating problems.  I see the original tweet from the city is linked to one that reminds people that groups over 200 are not legal at the moment.

Interesting plot twist - driver of car is black and the protestors are 2 white women.  Odd that I can't find the story on CNN  (it might be there but I can't find it).

3 hours ago, seeker said:

Interesting plot twist - driver of car is black and the protestors are 2 white women.  Odd that I can't find the story on CNN  (it might be there but I can't find it).

Lots of coverage but CNN evidently did not find it newsworthy.  
Footage posted on Twitter showed a white car speeding along the highway at about 01:40 (08:40 GMT), before swerving to avoid ...
th?id=AR_b639c1691c4fa767d85fd87b7042f9e6&pid=news&w=16&h=16&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
BBC2d
image.jpeg.ee6e83fcbf85a9a2ac8f018a69f63c29.jpeg
A woman named by police as 24-year-old Summer Taylor died of her injuries on July 4 after she and and another woman were hit ...
th?id=AR_e1eef5681737e5676d7a09990b13411a&pid=news&w=16&h=16&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
YAHOO!2d
image.jpeg.7afe0ea325f34dc718fd0cb62eadfc7f.jpeg
According to the Seattle Police Department, 24 year old Summer Taylor was died at Harborview Medical Center on Saturday after ...
th?id=AR_ae91f05857cd355951095e52c3ba082d&pid=news&w=16&h=16&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
WGNO1d
image.jpeg.c2f50959cb309cc94a5a4d1fd0293fc2.jpeg
Here's the most recent top news in Seattle; see what headlines are trending among local readers, with links to full articles.
th?id=AR_e1eef5681737e5676d7a09990b13411a&pid=news&w=16&h=16&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
YAHOO!5d
image.jpeg.c6019554e192160a8fb9ef86ffd70838.jpeg
Seattle has been the site of prolonged unrest following the May 25 police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, which ...
image.jpeg.e1cb0afa51f6a68af955f86155a4efdc.jpeg
A person killed Saturday when a man who drove his car onto a closed Seattle freeway and into a crowd protesting police ...
th?id=ON.1BF2BA667B5DC12A5F1FF4A945A26D22&pid=News&w=234&h=132&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
Second person in critical condition and driver in custody after incident on Interstate 5 ...
th?id=ON.33DD08D88D54E7501649C0007FEE82F0&pid=News&w=234&h=132&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
Dawit Kelete of Seattle drove the car around vehicles that were blocking I-5 and sped into the crowd about 1:40 a.m., ...
Taylor was a Black Lives Matter advocate who died after they were hit by a motorist in Seattle. They were protesting with the Black Femme March on interstate 5 which police had blocked off ...
th?id=AR_f0444eed92ae4ac33c1cd3baa785e988&pid=news&w=16&h=16&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
The Sun14h
th?id=ON.1D899F30145014FF55381F2EA40B7419&pid=News&w=234&h=132&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
The stories and voices of Black women who are victims of police brutality need more attention within calls for justice, ...
th?id=ON.83D3C0AA149728171FFEDA25A1F107A6&pid=News&w=234&h=132&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
Taylor's death is believed to be the at least 21st violent death of a transgender or gender non-conforming person this year ...
th?id=ON.B4EA42EC46EDF2A2B24C92B30A815E17&pid=News&w=234&h=132&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
A woman was killed after a car sped into a group of protesters on a closed highway in the US city of Seattle, according to ...
A woman checking her mail outside her South Carolina home was struck and killed by a car being chased by police, authorities said. The driver was also killed, losing control of the car after hitting ...
th?id=ON.F8929A87851FC2E268F6EEFF61883BF8&pid=News&w=234&h=132&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
A car drove onto a closed road and ploughed into people in a Black Lives Matter protest in Seattle on Saturday 4 July. The ...
Three men were charged with murder this week in connection with a drive-by shooting that killed a 20-year-old woman in Seattle’s Brighton neighborhood in 2017, according to the King County Prosecuting ...
th?id=ON.1A587D49FBC20C77B28DAF33137CFBD9&pid=News&w=234&h=132&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
SEATTLE — A 42-year-old woman was killed Monday afternoon in a domestic violence shooting in the Ravenna neighborhood, police ...
th?id=ON.B28D206E41872ADA96E7F75B123311F9&pid=News&w=234&h=132&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
The woman, identified only as 'Leah', ended up in hysterics on the floor in front of her garage in Seattle after being ...
th?id=ON.55C467E56F1536D694C2BA03A438D339&pid=News&w=234&h=132&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
A 24-year-old woman is remembered after she was killed when a car plowed through a group of protesters in Seattle.
th?id=ON.E96069D00CB54EFA95827B60B73B5399&pid=News&w=234&h=132&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
A 27-year-old man drove a white Jaguar onto a closed freeway in Seattle early Saturday and barreled through a panicked crowd ...
th?id=AR_12aade59e6db88867678bcbf4ac95168&pid=news&w=16&h=16&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
WREG2d
th?id=ON.8E6337F2A7C9CC8E1557C280C507691C&pid=News&w=234&h=132&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
Six people have been shot in Capitol Hill Organized Protest zone in 10 days, prompting officials to look at dismantling it ...
A 24-year-old has died of her injuries after being hit on a closed highway during a demonstration against police brutality ...
SEATTLE (AP) — A man shot and killed a 42-year-old woman in her Northeast Seattle home, police said. Someone called 911 at about 1:40 p.m. Monday and reported that a man had a gun, the Seattle Police ...
th?id=ON.384B482BE97B75AE566094AC96DDD5EA&pid=News&w=234&h=132&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
Seattle police on Sunday pursued their investigation into a weekend shooting in a park in the city's protest zone that killed ...
th?id=ON.E54900503116E0A5C783E796B82516C8&pid=News&w=234&h=132&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.1
Two women were struck by a car whose driver sped through a protest-related closure on a freeway, authorities said early ...

6 hours ago, seeker said:

What they don't cover is deliberate and their motivation here is worrisome because (I fear) for some, it can serve as provocation to up the ante.

Brutality leads to brutality and hate leads to hate, each escalation leads to justification of the incident before and serves as provocation for the one that follows. 

I've always been struck by the fact that such a simple concept is entirely lost on people with agendas (of all sorts and in all places). This is simple grunt stuff and there's no need for an advanced degree to figure it out.

Regardless though, I never thought I would get to watch so many stupid smart people... clearly history and African Studies needs more attention in university. 

Edited by Wolfhunter

It sure strikes me as odd that so many people are devoting so much time to protesting.  With my free time I like to ride my mountain bike with my son or go for a leisurely paddle in the canoe or sit on my back deck and drink a beer.  The idea of going to the downtown streets of a city to spend the day with a bunch of sweaty strangers chanting slogans just seems really unappealing.  Even for something that I care about deeply - very unlikely I'd be spending time protesting.

I guess some might say that means I don't care as much as I say I do.  I fall back on my friend Marcus A. who says;

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.”