Black Lives Matter

27 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

Impeccable logic... and since the name Katrina means "pure", clearly those caught in her trail of destruction didn't measure up eh?

Maybe a little religion would have saved them.

My guess is closer than yours ......  In other words, both are without merit when it comes to naming storms.... 

The U.S. National Hurricane Center started this practice in the early 1950s. Now, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) generates and maintains the list of hurricane names.

Here are the hurricane names for 2021

Atlantic hurricane names (season runs from June 1 to November 30) are: Ana, Bill, Claudette, Danny, Elsa, Fred, Grace, Henri, Ida, Julian, Kate, Larry, Mindy, Nicholas, Odette, Peter, Rose, Sam, Teresa, Victor and Wanda.

Although NOAA forecasts a busy 2021 Atlantic hurricane season, the agency doesn’t anticipate the historic level of storm activity seen in 2020’s record-breaking season, which had 30 named storms. It was only the second time the list of storm names was exhausted in a season since naming began. But, in case all 21 names are used again this year, here’s a new supplemental list from the WMO: Adria, Braylen, Caridad, Deshawn, Emery, Foster, Gemma, Heath, Isla, Jacobus, Kenzie, Lucio, Makayla, Nolan, Orlanda, Pax, Ronin, Sophie, Tayshaun, Viviana, and Will.

Eastern North Pacific hurricane names (season runs from May 15 to November 30) are: Andres, Blanca, Carlos, Dolores, Enrique, Felicia, Guillermo, Hilda, Ignacio, Jimena, Kevin, Linda, Marty, Nora, Olaf, Pamela, Rick, Sandra, Terry, Vivian, Waldo, Xina, York, and Zelda.

If you’re interested, you can view those names, and names for upcoming years, at the U.S. National Hurricane Center.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Kargokings said:

both are without merit when it comes to naming storms.... 

The only notion of merit is the racist lack of diversity in the Atlantic names.... not a Mohamed or Abdul in sight. The lack of diversity speaks to racism, colonialism and white supremacy. At the very least it's noninclusive and thus offensive by definition because regionally specific name generation is an affront to racialized regions.

Or, maybe this explains it all:

image.png.157db7d348b0f844e378789a2e56f850.png

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfhunter said:

The only notion of merit is the racist lack of diversity in the Atlantic names.... not a Mohamed or Abdul in sight. The lack of diversity speaks to racism, colonialism and white supremacy. At the very least it's noninclusive and thus offensive by definition because regionally specific name generation is an affront to racialized regions.

Or, maybe this explains it all:

image.png.157db7d348b0f844e378789a2e56f850.png

Your POV is imo crap.  What about the rest of the names in the other designated storm areas?  Anyway, I guess you are in a fishing mode, no more bites from me.  Except, if you do decide to more, good for you and perhaps also for us ?

2 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

Maybe I need to move.... I've actually been exploring the possibilities.

So sad perhaps good bye.....

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Kargokings said:

Your POV is imo crap. 

Of course it is... it's all bloody nonsense and borders on insanity. I thought you got that.... perhaps a point poorly made in the age of absurdity when madness is considered worthy of consideration. 

I guess that was my point. As to your sadness, be assured that you will be missed in equal measure.

Edited by Wolfhunter

15 hours ago, seeker said:

Sorry, anything that starts with "CNN says" isn't even worth reading.  At best it's Pablum, at worst it's outright lies and disinformation.

The hypocrisy is delicious.

Not a peep against the flood of Fox News stories, which have an even lower truthfulness level (and even multi billion lawsuits for libel), or the TNC stories as well.

Did you try following the links in the story to the university studies?

It's about the news, not the 'opinions'.

2 hours ago, deicer said:

The hypocrisy is delicious.

Not a peep against the flood of Fox News stories, which have an even lower truthfulness level (and even multi billion lawsuits for libel), or the TNC stories as well.

Did you try following the links in the story to the university studies?

It's about the news, not the 'opinions'.

When your boat is sinking it's best to deal with the biggest hole first.  CNN?  Fox?  I don't rely on either but, IMO, Fox is the lesser offender.  Did I follow the links to the university studies?  Hah, no.  Haven't you been following along?  Universities are aggressively left-wing  - everybody knows this.  "Studies" from looney, agenda-driven, woke university professors are worthless.  Here are a few;

Rutgers professor says "Time" is racist.

Self-driving cars are racist

But I should trust this professor's study on CRT?  Why would I do that?  Why would I waste the time to read it?

22 hours ago, seeker said:

I don't rely on either but, IMO, Fox is the lesser offender.  Did I follow the links to the university studies?  Hah, no.  Haven't you been following along?  Universities are aggressively left-wing  - everybody knows this.  "Studies" from looney, agenda-driven, woke university professors are worthless.  

But I should trust this professor's study on CRT?  Why would I do that?  Why would I waste the time to read it?

And there is the problem. 

Much like the algorithm at Facebook that will only feed you what you are interested in, when one makes the decision to only consume the information from all sources that agrees with their viewpoint, that leads to flawed rationalization, in my opinion.

Personally, I look at all news sources and looks for the nuggets of facts to put together for myself.

So when I see single sourcing of news put forth, I question the thinking behind it.

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/leonard-pitts-jr/article249129510.html

Fox News didn’t care about its lies — until the truth of a billion-dollar lawsuit got its attention

“You think we’re bad for America?”

Sean Hannity of Fox “News” asked that question of Ted Koppel four years ago as the latter was interviewing him on “CBS Sunday Morning.” Yes, answered Koppel, “because you’re very good at what you do and . . . you have attracted people who are determined that ideology is more important than facts.”

Thus dressed down, Hannity smirked and made a face. He later asserted that Koppel — 1992 inductee into the Television Academy Hall of Fame, winner of nine Peabody Awards and 25 Emmys for journalistic excellence — is “not a journalist.” His echo chamber promptly echoed him. Laura Ingraham called him a “victim.” Michelle Malkin derided Koppel as “a walking dead decrepit media elitist.”

Anyone naive enough to believe Koppel’s exercise in speaking truth to falsity might chasten Hannity and other facts-impervious right-wing pundits was thus duly educated. What do they care? They’ve been dressed down by a thousand Ted Koppels for their utter indifference to truth and the damage it’s inflicted upon this country. They’ve happily ignored it all.

MALCOLM: More hidden facts about the unmarked graves

By
 Candice Malcolm
 -
July 12, 2021

Has the media narrative about the graves found near former residential schools gotten away from the facts? You be the judge. 

It’s been six weeks since the Chief of the Tk’emlups band in Kamloops, B.C. announced that 215 unmarked graves were found using ground-penetrating radar on the grounds of a former residential school. On May 27, the band said that a preliminary report would be released in mid-June. 

It’s now mid-July, and no report has been released. Multiple emails from the Sun asking for the report have been ignored.

On June 24, another discovery was announced — this time in Saskatchewan, where Cowessess Chief Cadmus Delorme announced an even bigger finding: 751 unmarked graves. 

Media reports were quick to characterize the graves as belonging to children who attended the nearby Marieval Indian Residential School. But according to a band councillor, that’s not necessarily the case. 

“It appears that not all of the graves contain children’s bodies,” Jon Z. Lerat told the Globe and Mail, noting that this was also the burial site used by the rural municipality.

“We did have a family of non-Indigenous people show up today and notified us that some of those unmarked graves had their families in them — their loved ones,” Lerat said. Delorme added that oral stories said the graves belong to “both children and adults” as well as “people who attended the church or were from nearby towns.”

Unlike the Tk’emlups band — who claims the unmarked graves were discovered on the grounds of the former residential school — the unmarked graves at Cowesses are in an existing cemetery. Delorme noted that the graves were once marked, but that the markings were removed at some point. 

Interestingly, the same band was in the news two years ago touting its relationship with the local Catholic Church — after the church donated $70,000 to the Cowessess Band for the purpose of helping to “identify unmarked graves, and add fences and trees in the Cowessess Cemetery.”

“This is true truth and reconciliation,” said Chief Delorme in 2019, “this is showing our kids that we can overcome and move forward.” 

The 2019 news reports were more cautious about asserting that these graves belonged to children. This is how it was described in the local Postmedia paper, the Regina Leader-Post:

“Because many graves are unmarked, it’s difficult to tell if any children from Marieval were buried there, but the Archdiocese said it’s likely because the school was in operation for so long and it was the community’s only burial site.”

Emails and phone calls to the Cowessess Band went unreturned. It is unclear whether the 751 unmarked graves announced in June 2021 are the same as the graves discussed in the media in June 2019. It is also unclear how the Band spent the $70,000 donated by the church to upgrade the cemetery. 

Next, on June 30, 2021, a third band, the Lower Kootenay Band near Cranbrook, B.C., announced its own finding of 182 unmarked graves. 

Once again, the media emphasized a connection with the St. Eugene Mission Residential School — again implying these graves belong to children. 

Like the Cowessess cemetery graves, the Lower Kootenay unmarked graves are within an existing cemetery — and again the cemetery was used by the broader community. 

Perhaps this is why former chief Sophie Pierre told Global News: “there’s no discovery, we knew it was there, it’s a graveyard.” 

“The fact there are graves inside a graveyard shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.”

Pierre declined an interview with the Sun.

The history of this cemetery is complex. Records show it was established in 1865 — 50 years before the residential school opened. In 1874, the cemetery began servicing the only local hospital in the Cranbrook region. 

The Lower Kootenay Band was clear about these points in their original news release, noting that the graves were originally marked. 

“Graves were traditionally marked with wooden crosses and this practice continues to this day in many Indigenous communities across Canada. Wooden crosses can deteriorate over time due to erosion or fire which can result in an unmarked grave.”

“These factors, among others, make it extremely difficult to establish whether or not these unmarked graves contain the remains of children who attended the St. Eugene Residential School.” 

While the media and agenda-driven activists characterize these findings as proof of genocide at Canada’s residential schools, the facts seem to show something far less ominous. 

Instead, we see uncared for graves (that were previously marked) on the grounds of existing community cemeteries (servicing a broad range of society) under the care of First Nations bands — a lot less sensational, but a lot more accurate. 

• Thanks 1

>>>>> Despite my posts of what appear to be distorted claims, I do still think the whole Residential School issue needs to be resolved but not on the backs of those of us who were not responsible or indeed alive at the time.  If the next generations are to be held account for the misdeeds then ........

If that is the way to go then I guess we must condemn Germans for those lost in WWI and WW2, along with the Japanese, Italians and Allied troops who took no prisoners' and that list goes on.

More claims of unmarked graves, more misinformation from the legacy media

By
 Candice Malcolm
 -
July 13, 2021

website-cmshow-jul13-696x365.jpg

A fourth First Nations band claims they have found unmarked graves, this time on a small island off the coast of Vancouver Island. Unlike the first three bands, who claimed to have found unmarked graves using ground-penetrating radar technology, the Penelakut Tribe did not say if they used technology to uncover their findings. In fact, they have not responded to media requests trying to understand how these unmarked graves were discovered.

In other words, this is simply a claim with no evidence. But that doesn’t matter to the legacy media. Multiple media outlets, including the CBC, Global News, CTV and others picked up the story and ran with it anyway.

Tune into The Candice Malcolm Show!

• Thanks 1

Maybe Mother Nature is trying to tell Humans something?

George Floyd Mural Blown Apart By Lightning Strike, Officials Say

A lighting blast demolished a mural of George Floyd in Toledo, Ohio, on Tuesday, according to the city’s fire department.

The piece had been painted onto the side of a shuttered bar, according to Toledo’s The Blade. The art work crumbled amid a storm shortly after 5 p.m. on Tuesday evening according to police.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/george-floyd-mural-blown-apart-by-lightning-strike-officials-say?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR1Zxq06G0uPzJxX2LpqdcJS3_0a8IbN0lPMilmXkKnO_TUJ_CL2Pi4vgUQ

Edited by Jaydee
  • Thanks 1

We should all take a knee in gratitude !

After 6 burglaries, 3 car thefts, multiple illegal trespasses, an ongoing cocaine and alcohol addiction, committing 2 violent home invasions, 3 armed robberies, dealing Fentanyl and Meth, passing counterfeit money, beating 4 victims senseless and being arrested 23 times since 1998, George Floyd hasn't committed a crime in more than one year now!

BUT IT DID NET HIS FAMILY $27 MILLION!

Is the USA  a great country, or what.

PS......

And I'm still amazed that he did not receive a bravery award for holding a loaded handgun at a pregnant woman's stomach......although it seems the move is on to name several schools after him......what a great inspiration for students at these schools !!

• Like 1

Millions meant for residential school survivors spent on Catholic Church lawyers, administration: documents

The Roman Catholic Church spent millions of dollars that were supposed to go to residential school survivors on lawyers, administration, a private fundraising company and unapproved loans, according to documents obtained by CBC News.

The documents include a host of other revelations. They appear to contradict the Catholic Church's public claims about money paid to survivors.

"There are also a large number of serious accounting discrepancies that are alarming to Canada," states one document, a 53-page federal government "factum" summarizing the evidence in a 2015 court matter.

None of the other churches involved in the landmark Indian Residential Schools Settlement Agreement of 2005 — Anglican, United and Presbyterian — engaged in any of these practices. They all paid the full amounts agreed to years ago without incident.

The Catholic Church never ended up having to legally justify its activity. On the eve of the 2015 hearing on the matter, Saskatchewan Court of Queen's Bench Justice Neil Gabrielson approved the church's controversial buyout proposal, and the case was closed.

Advocates for survivors say they're disgusted and that the Catholic Church must be held accountable.

"This is unbelievably, absolutely gross. It's completely wrong," said Mary Ellen Turpel-Lafond, a former Saskatchewan provincial court judge and director of the University of British Columbia's Indian Residential School History and Dialogue Centre in Vancouver. She reviewed the documents at CBC's request.

"How could anyone do something like this?"

None of the lawyers involved in the 2015 case could be reached for comment on Wednesday. The Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB) declined an interview request. An official noted the CCCB was not a party to the settlement. Individual dioceses and orders created a corporation to oversee the deal.

More on this issue

http://newsletters.cbc.ca/i/amf_cbc/project_1/bulletpoint-black-15px.png?size=30x0&w=B7u_LvNxKRkzC4BomgYilZULeCl4

Read more about the documents here.

http://newsletters.cbc.ca/i/amf_cbc/project_1/bulletpoint-black-15px.png?size=30x0&w=B7u_LvNxKRkzC4BomgYilZULeCl4

Winnipeg Catholic priest accuses residential school survivors of lying about abuse for money.

Priest slams 'pitiful' lack of Catholic fundraising for residential school survivors