Black Lives Matter

5 minutes ago, Kargokings said:

Re turning people in .... well if their activity is in violation of our laws then I would report them for the same reason I would report any activity that is in breach of our laws that has spin offs likely to injure others. 

My advice, respectfully, is mind your own damn business.  You see someone engaged in assault - call the police, you see someone spinning donuts on the golf green with their lifted F-150 - call the police, you see someone watering their lawn on a Sunday when the bylaw says they can't  - walk on.  Too many people in someone's backyard falls in the lawn-watering category.

...well if their activity is in violation of our laws then I would report them for the same reason I would report any activity that is in breach of our laws

I'm not talking about extreme non-compliance here and I think you know that since you quoted the passage. I could easily offer up my own examples but they would as predictable as yours and simply put, that wasn't even close to my point.

The eagerness to report is the issue and the question is, or soon will be, how did we get to the point of neighbour reporting neighbour for minor transgressions of what used to be ordinary freedoms? Never mind the societal aspects of good citizen snitching, the horrors outlined in Ordinary Men or government culpability in encouraging any of it, the lasting animosities such things create in your own neighbourhood should be cause for some reflection IMO.

Reporting a group of six people (legal limit of five), when one  of them is an infant wasn't something I was expecting to see. You may approve of such things but I don't... and never will. It is the willingness to do exactly that which I find both surprising and disconcerting. 

Big things may warrant intervention, little things don't, what separates the two is common sense and an ounce of discretion. If in doubt, mind your own business.

Edited by Wolfhunter

1 hour ago, seeker said:

My advice, respectfully, is mind your own damn business.  

I can not and will not agree with you.  I said 

I would report any activity that is in breach of our laws that has spin offs likely to injure others. 

And that is and will remain MY BUSINESS.   

41 minutes ago, Kargokings said:

Your reply is just DUMB.  I said 

And that is and will remain MY BUSINESS.   

My point is that too many people in a group is not some imminent threat of injury to others.  You may think my response is "dumb" while I think people who call the police because they saw 3 people in their neighbour's backyard are dumb.

Edit:  To clarify - Of course you should call the police if you think think there is some valid reason such as a clear and present danger to person or property but, IMO, far too many people think it's their place to call the police over something they don't like or something that is insignificant or trivial.  I believe, as do many, that the Covid restrictions are trivial, insignificant and pointless.  Ratting out your neighbours because they aren't following these "rules" falls into the mind-your-own-business category.  IMO, of course.

2 hours ago, seeker said:

Ratting out your neighbours because they aren't following these "rules" falls into the mind-your-own-business category.  IMO, of course.

Ratting out??????   If they are dumb enough to think the rules to protect others do no apply to them, REPORT THEM>>>>>>>>  

If not then indeed ignore such behaviour but don't cry when the results of that behaviour end up kicking you in the teeth and harming those dear and near to you.   Remember we are talking about HARM...PHYSICAL.... not just dogma. 

image.thumb.png.7ca4756d166df6ae9bfb4cab12aa8061.png

5 minutes ago, Kargokings said:

Ratting out??????   If they are dumb enough to think the rules to protect others do no apply to them, REPORT THEM>>>>>>>>  

This is the difference:  you see yourself as an agent of the state, as an extension of their power while I see the state as the enemy.  I would rather run interference for my neighbour than report them.  The police show up and ask about my neighbour violating some BS bylaw and I'd tell them to "GFY" before I'd tell them anything else.  The enemy to your freedom is not your neighbour trying to have a birthday party in the backyard,

Report them?  As if I trust Tam, Trudeau, Ford and other politicians more than I value my relationships with my fellow citizens.

1 minute ago, seeker said:

This is the difference:  you see yourself as an agent of the state, as an extension of their power while I see the state as the enemy.  I would rather run interference for my neighbour than report them.  The police show up and ask about my neighbour violating some BS bylaw and I'd tell them to "GFY" before I'd tell them anything else.  The enemy to your freedom is not your neighbour trying to have a birthday party in the backyard,

Report them?  As if I trust Tam, Trudeau, Ford and other politicians more than I value my relationships with my fellow citizens.

Sad.......you keep ignoring the harm factor.. My neighbors are not likely to be holding a function with dozens of people flaunting the laws and those are the ones I would report , not my neighbours.

If they are dumb enough to think the rules to protect others do no apply to them, REPORT THEM>>>>>>>>  

8 hours ago, Kargokings said:

Sad.......you keep ignoring the harm factor.. My neighbors are not likely to be holding a function with dozens of people flaunting the laws and those are the ones I would report , not my neighbours.

KK, please accept my apologies.  Somewhere in the last few posts we (I) switched from speaking in general terms to speaking directly.  This happens to me, sometimes late at night when I'm not thinking straight.  The point I was trying to get across was that we, as a society, seem to have lost the connection to neighbour and community and replaced it with mindless obediance.  Although not quite in the stark terms I expressed above I do feel a connection to neighbour and community that exceeds my respect for authority and desire to drop a dime on them for anything other than clear and present danger.

So, anyways, sorry about the finger-pointing, accusatory tone in my recent posts - not my intent.

At the end of all this, the virus will go away (?) but your neighbours will remain. I have found it never pays to piss off people, even innocently, who can directly affect your day to day life. Sometimes Karma can be a biotch if you were the agitator.

all the time you are focused on your neighbors and reporting them for "Crimes", you are being robbbed blind by the authorities that facilitated it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kargokings said:

And those same neighbours will continue to vote "Liberal".  

funny it isn't the liberals that are dissing the rules here.  It is the Karens that are reporting them that are liberal.  

27 minutes ago, boestar said:

funny it isn't the liberals that are dissing the rules here.  It is the Karens that are reporting them that are liberal.  

I am not a liberal and do not report my neighbours but I reserve the right report anyone who I see, by their actions, endangering others in the blind belief that the rules don't apply to them. eg. illegal discharge of a weapon, hosting unmasked gatherings over the limits (certain churches, bars, restaurants etc come to mind) , reckless driving, signing out a vehicle as being safe without performing the necessary work to verify that it is and the list marches on.......(in other words actions that are against the LAW / regulations).

I wonder the "defund the police movement" thinks about this:

Huntington Beach party: 2,500 people showed up to a Huntington Beach party that devolved into violence and vandalism, police say

By Jenn Selva, Amanda Jackson and Holly Yan, CNN  1 hour ago

LikeComments|

Huntington Beach party: 2,500 people showed up to a Huntington Beach party that devolved into violence and vandalism, police say

A social media post telling people to show up to a party in Huntington Beach led to the unlawful assembly of more than 2,500 people, police said.© @natalierosso_/Instagram Police arrested more than 100 people for various charges, including vandalism and using illegal fireworks.

Police in the Southern California city said they knew about the post and made preparations, but the crowd became "unruly" Saturday night -- prompting the declaration of an unlawful assembly.

"The initial crowd at the beach grew in size and moved to the downtown area where it was estimated to be over 2,500," the Huntington Beach Police Department said in a statement.

"As the crowd size continued to grow rapidly, large groups disbursed into various locations throughout the area, throwing bottles, rocks, fireworks, and other items at officers. At that time, the HBPD requested assistance from outside agencies. Throughout the course of the evening, over 150 officers from virtually all agencies within Orange County were deployed to Huntington Beach based on the pre-arranged request for assistance."

Multiple downtown businesses, police vehicles and a lifeguard tower were damaged due to vandalism, authorities said.

An emergency curfew was issued from 11:30 p.m .Saturday until 5:30 a.m. Sunday for parts of Huntington Beach, police said.

By the time the chaos ended, 121 adults and 28 juveniles were arrested and booked for charges such as vandalism, the firing of dangerous/illegal fireworks, failure to disperse and curfew violations, police said.

No significant injuries have been reported.

Huntington Beach resident Natalie Rosso said it's not uncommon for a social media post to draw massive crowds to the coastal community, about 35 miles southeast of Los Angeles.

"When something goes viral in Huntington Beach it always brings the biggest crowds that are crazy," Natalie Rosso posted along with a video on Instagram.

"You can't even drive down the street now."

Afterward, Rosso told CNN she was "disappointed" by what happened.

She said she's lived in Huntington Beach her "whole life and have never seen anything like that before."

• Sad 1

Since these are intelligent people advocating for the type of absurdity that runs contrary to grade 2 cause and effect, I say there has to be an agenda at play here.

Control of schools, universities, social media (communications)  and news media reporting isn't enough to prevail, they need a nationalized police force.... other countries tend to use their militaries for such endeavours but that clearly wouldn't work here. 

Kansas City leaders propose defund the police measure amid skyrocketing crime

• Confused 1

If Democrats are to be believed, the border crisis is caused by global warming and the rise in crime, particularly violent crime, is due to the pandemic. It has nothing to do with the incentives to immigrate illegally, or the defunding of police to the point where they no longer have sufficient manning to even respond to robberies. In fact, the very notion of opposing stealing is tantamount to criminalizing poverty.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6256350418001/#sp=show-clips

I've been thinking about this stuff for a while now, but only within the context of the tactics required to successfully operate the DNC war room and navigate the issues at hand. I simply don't see a way forward for them, or put a better way, I wouldn't be up to the task or smart enough to map out a reasonable route through the self inflicted minefield of absurdity. 

The last election was way closer than it ever should have been and there was a lesson in it. I'm reminded of watching Comical Ali (remember him?) during the gulf war. Part of the reason I enjoyed him so much is that I never thought I would get to see his like again... I was wrong. 

Edited by Wolfhunter

On 4/28/2021 at 7:27 AM, Wolfhunter said:

The lack of policing resources, and the tempo of policing operations will result in private armed security forces (I'll call them militias) being formed to patrol those areas (I'll call them enclaves) that can afford them.

Sanctuary jurisdictions, that operate outside federal/state law will flourish. Partitioning of those jurisdictions will start small and gradually increase in scale and effect. People will feel safe and empowered by "community policing" where security forces know the community and greet you by name.... they won't want to go back.

Amid surge in violent crime, Atlanta’s wealthiest neighborhood ponders new city

Mon May 31, 2021 - The Washington Post
By Tim Craig

ATLANTA — Just a few days after Beth Weaver moved from the suburbs to a new townhouse in this city's wealthy Buckhead district, she began to worry that she had made a mistake.

One night she sat on her balcony and watched a thief rifle through her BMW. A few weeks later, someone broke into her family’s truck. In November, there was a shootout on her narrow street lined with townhouses that start at a half-million dollars.

“They would come through here on a bicycle and just start picking up packages and right out of your garage in broad daylight,” said Weaver, who lives in the area’s Broadview Place neighborhood.

“You did not feel safe,” said Weaver, whose neighbors have installed a network of surveillance cameras and are pushing city leaders to allow them to gate their development.

That feeling of not being safe has persisted as crime in the city has skyrocketed — the result, some say, of the pandemic and the civil unrest that followed the killing of George Floyd last summer. Some residents and business leaders in this affluent, predominantly White enclave north of downtown think they have a solution: They want Buckhead to become its own municipality.

They contend that with control of their tax dollars, they will be able to better protect themselves than the city has as violent crime, including shootings, car jackings and assaults, surges.

The group, the Buckhead Exploratory Committee, has asked the state for permission to allow its residents to vote on the issue and has raised more than $600,000. The effort, backed by some Georgia Republicans, represents the latest example of a burgeoning “cityhood movement” in the South as municipalities nationwide struggle to understand why crime continues to rise even as life begins to return to normal post-pandemic.

“The mayor and the city council have been making bad decisions, so at what point does anyone with a brain say, ‘Enough?’ ”

Rehab that works!  

After 6 burglaries, 3 car thefts, multiple illegal trespasses, an ongoing cocaine and alcohol addiction, committing 2 violent home invasions, 3 armed robberies, dealing Fentanyl and Meth, passing counterfeit money, beating 4 victims senseless and being arrested 23 times since 1998, George Floyd hasn't committed a crime in over one year now! 

BUT IT DID NET HIS FAMILY $27 MILLION FROM THE STATE AND $20 MILLION FROM A GO FUND ME ACCOUNT. 

We are one sick country!!

• Thanks 1

https://www.torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-report-calls-ontario-public-service-a-white-supremacist-organization

Here's a quote that jumped out at me:

He went on to say that this system has privileged White people while restricting opportunities for Indigenous, Black, racialized and LGBTQ+ communities.

Back when I was actually looking for a public service job and applying for everything in sight, the only way I was going to be hired was if I fell into one of the categories listed above.

I actually thought about "self identifying" as someone different but couldn't quite bring myself to do it.

Edited by Wolfhunter

• 2 weeks later...

Portland's police riot team resigns after officer indicted over alleged assault on photographer

“‘All 50 of Portland police’s highly trained rapid response unit voted unanimously to resign on Wednesday during a union meeting in response to the recent indictment of Officer Corey Budworth for allegedly assaulting a photographer with his baton during as an overnight riot broke out last August.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-police-riot-team-resigns-officer-indicted-assault?cmpid=fb_fnc&fbclid=IwAR1rzOcHPZUZ41SUe50obZsgbc3gRUXs8ps8ZDFvJBgHM1fWUIef3xClOmI