Black Lives Matter

3 hours ago, Jaydee said:

520 current and former Black federal public servants in Canada

I have tried to get one of those jobs on numerous occasions over the years and attribute "diversity hiring policies" to my lack of success. 

Maybe a good lawyer is required.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

I have tried to get one of those jobs on numerous occasions over the years and attribute "diversity hiring policies" to my lack of success. 

Time to hear from Adam Carolla:

• 5 weeks later...

•  

Antifa..... supported by the President...Yep,,,according to Biden its “just an idea”... and a horrible one at that..

Antifa sets fire to Portland ICE facility trapping officers inside

Early Sunday morning, Antifa attacked the Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility in Portland, Oregon, setting fire to the outside of the facility while officers were reportedly trapped

“Every city every town, burn the precinct to the ground," crowds chanted outside.”

“ Another video shows a person standing in front of the flames displaying the raised fist commonly associated with Black Lives Matter.” 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/04/11/portland-ice-building-burns-amid-night-of-violent-protests/amp/

Edited by Jaydee
  • Thanks 1

Looks like she requested a US Capital Police CPP detail but I can't find if she actually got it or not.

BS reigns and finding facts is exhausting. I personally don't care who the liar is.... as the old saying goes, "where the offence lies, let the great axe fall." Maybe it should fall in a timely manner too, before stupid people actually get what they seem to be asking for.

Waters requested police protection during Minnesota trip where she told protesters get more 'confrontational'

Edited by Wolfhunter

Now turn all of this on its head, would you expect to see the same response from the same people? 

Liberal media defends, downplays Maxine Waters' rhetoric: 'She gives it to you like it is!'

ABC's Joy Behar, CNN’s Don Lemon and PBS’ Yamiche Alcindor rushed to the aid of Waters

Most of us can likely agree that this bill goes too far, but it was predictable wasn't it? You knew it was going to happen.... or you should have.

If you said no then I can only ask.... WTFDYTWGTH? There are already laws that cover these things, no need to invent more. Do the job, get to work, earn the win. Some concepts are hard.... this isn't.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-signs-floridas-anti-riot-bill-into-law

Edited by Wolfhunter

It probably does go too far but I have to say there's a part of me that likes this:

The law, which goes into effect immediately, grants civil legal immunity to people who drive through protesters blocking a road and allows authorities to hold arrested demonstrators from posting bail until after their first court date

How many videos have I seen where protestors will close a road and, essentially, hold thousands of citizens hostage - they can't turn around because they are all jammed in from behind and they can't go forward because of the protestors.  These are people with jobs to go to, family that needs them.  Why are the "rights" of the protestors placed above the rights of others?  I even saw one where they blocked and refused passage to an ambulance responding to a call!

I also like the second part.  Are they guilty, innocent?  Let's hold them til the court date to find out.  What we see now is a revolving door of the same mob that gets arrested and released night after night for the same crimes.  Arrest them after the first occurannce and, as if by magic, protests will be one night long.

This was a political verdict. Sacrifice one cop to saves the lives of many country wide.

“ The jury in the Derek Chauvin trial came to a unanimous and unequivocal verdict: please don’t hurt us. The jurors spoke for many in this country. Everyone understood perfectly well the consequences of an acquittal in this case.”

Edited by Jaydee
  • Confused 1

As Wolf always says WTHDYTWGTH ?

NYPD Officers Leaving In Droves, 75% Increase In Quitting Or Retirement In 2020

The members of the NYPD grew so disenchanted with their jobs in 2020 that over 5,300 uniformed officers either retired or quit, an astonishing 75% increase over the year before, amounting to 15% of the total number of officers on the force. The impetus for the officers quitting seemed to be the death of George Floyd and the unrest that followed; between May 25 and June 24, 2020, a whopping 272 officers left the force in one month.

2,600 officers quit and 2,746 filed for retirement, according to the New York Post. The 5,346 officers who left the force were nearly 2,300 more than left the force in 2019, when 1,509 officers quit and 1,544 filed for retirement.

This year, over 830 officers have left the NYPD. Joseph Giacalone, a retired NYPD sergeant and adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, warned, “Cops are forming a conga line down at the pension section and I don’t blame them. NYPD cops are looking for better jobs with other departments or even embarking on new careers.”

In March, the New York City Council voted for various police reform bills, among which was one to eliminate giving qualified immunity to the NYPD, thus permitting citizens to sue police officers for excessive force or unlawful searches and seizures.

Former Commissioner of the New York Police Department (NYPD) Bernard Kerik reacted to the City Council’s decision, asserting, “No police officer should work in a jurisdiction where they do not have the support of those they work for. Beginning today, I will no longer recommend young people consider the NYPD as a career.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/nypd-officers-leaving-in-droves-75-increase-in-quitting-or-retirement-in-2020?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR3O53TvLhpYafhEpi6Ri2w1Ii6b_mepLoaaI1lNz8w49xT4httinGwuDWo

What ever happened to that four step approach to handling emergencies, initial reaction, analysis, corrective action, and follow up action? Was it deemed to be racist or did it contribute to global warming in some way? 

They can't seem to get past initial reaction (and it's always wrong). As a result, analysis dwells in the mythical realm of unicorns, and free of the burdens imposed by common sense, it dances naked in the moonlight.... just out of reach.

“Public safety crisis barreling toward us as cops leave jobs, former officer warns”

"New York City weekend bloodshed leaves 31 people shot, 6 killed: 'Welcome to the city of violenc"

"New York Exodus: New Yorkers leaving in droves due to crime, overreaching coronavirus restrictions and high taxes"

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jaydee said:

As Wolf always says WTHDYTWGTH ?

NYPD Officers Leaving In Droves, 75% Increase In Quitting Or jobs in 2020 

I absolutely agree that the factors addressed in that article are negatively effecting the retainment and recruitment of officers all around North America. But on top of that some of the police officer friends and retirees I know have told me that many are struggling morally with the new expectations. They didn’t sign on to harass and taser a mom that’s trying to get her kids some vitamin D and a bit of fun at a park or storm a house cause a family is trying to visit their sick lonely grandma. Case in point is the rebellion of many of the Ontario police unions to the marshal law Doug Ford recently tried to bring down on the citizens he so faithfully “serves”

From what I’ve been told by several active duty cop friends the hiring the last several years have been hard bent toward the steroid Hells Angel smash heads enforcer type as opposed to the traditional level headed serve and protect personality of the past. I’ve also been told that no tears are shed at the higher levels for the departure of anyone with any hesitancy or questions about the changing roles and and expectations

Edited by Eddy
  • Like 1

After determining that math is racist, and under the guise of enhancing equity, Virginia schools are about to eliminate advanced math options for all students prior to the 11th grade. Being as liberals would never consider looking downrange as a method of adjusting shot placement, please allow me to boldly predict the future in Virginia. 

Parents with the means to do it will enrol their kids in private schools or supplement the public system with private classes to make up the difference. Those who lack the means to do this will be unable to escape the State's  "equity" provisions and will be stuck with inferior opportunities until grade 11. Now, please take a moment and guess who those disadvantaged students will be.  

If Democrats were capable of long range thinking they would already be developing a strategy to blame this on Trump during the next election cycle. And maybe that's what they have in mind here because there are only two options, they are either brilliant tacticians or utterly mad. 

Edited by Wolfhunter

As this spreads across the country, the pool of high quality, motivated candidates will shrink. The authors of this madness will be left with the very people they now rail against filling the bulk of the new positions that they themselves were instrumental in creating. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisville-police-staffing-dire-straits-high-crime-rates-recruitment-woes

The inability to anticipate consequences can have dire long term effects when you unleash it on the fabric of society. What's different now (IMO) is that this is no longer about policy and spending priorities, it's the demographics of the country, the fabric of government itself and the modification of institutions on a wholesale level by people who can't anticipate the most basic consequences of their own actions. 

In warfare and politics the inability to anticipate outcomes and consider contingencies can have devastating consequences. The future lies with the voters and those folks need to start voting on policy and asking themselves "does this make sense?"

The reason that won't happen is the current trinity formed by agenda driven voters, narrative driven politicians and the efforts of a propaganda machine that nourishes the other two delusional elements simultaneously. All of this needs to take place in a vortex that dissenting ideas can't penetrate. Sound familiar?

I always wondered "how it was possible?" How could you convince people to allow this to happen TO THEM within the context of the democracy they control?

Getting them to willingly trade their own freedom for the illusion of security is a precondition to empowering the trinity.... Covid is the perfect (almost designer) catalyst creating a short term opportunity that requires a flurry of bold political moves. Sound familiar?     

Edited by Wolfhunter

I'll leave y'all with a final thought within the context of what might maybe happen next and the danger associated with it.

The lack of policing resources, and the tempo of policing operations will result in private armed security forces (I'll call them militias) being formed to patrol those areas (I'll call them enclaves) that can afford them.

Sanctuary jurisdictions, that operate outside federal/state law will flourish. Partitioning of those jurisdictions will start small and gradually increase in scale and effect. People will feel safe and empowered by "community policing" where security forces know the community and greet you by name.... they won't want to go back.

And perversely, we all know exactly who will be most disadvantaged by the very reforms they currently seek to overcome their current perception of disadvantage. 

Never thought I'd get to see this over here and it's as cool to watch as it is easy to avoid. Tweak what works to make it work better and put the bloody gas can away. 

14 minutes ago, seeker said:

And, yes, it is seriously messed up.

If you can convince the most privileged society in human history that they are actually oppressed, you can convince them of pretty much anything. 

It's as if instances of true oppression, genocide, ethnic cleansing etc are completely ignored and/or deliberately diluted to the point that they no longer reflect (in the slightest) the true horror of what those words mean.

Shouldn't reasonable people expect that if the government admits that it's guilty of ongoing genocide that there should be consequences? Are those consequences in the same shipping container as the list of industries we need to eliminate in order to hit our 2030 emissions target? Perspective has become completely unhinged.

Maybe the Titanic was just out of ice cubes eh?

15 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

If you can convince the most privileged society in human history that they are actually oppressed, you can convince them of pretty much anything. 

It's as if instances of true oppression, genocide, ethnic cleansing etc are completely ignored and/or deliberately diluted to the point that they no longer reflect (in the slightest) the true horror of what those words mean.

The harder the racism is to find the worse it is:

• Interest convergence: Critical Race Theory holds that dominant racial groups (whites) will not help more oppressed racial groups (blacks, in particular) unless it is also in their own self-interest to do so. Therefore, racism does not go away but is just reproduced in new ways, usually ways that hide it more successfully and require more work to identify in the future (through Critical Race Theory). Therefore, racism doesn’t get better and, in a sense, gets worse over time because it gets harder to identify and call out.

7 minutes ago, seeker said:

• Interest convergence: Critical Race Theory holds that dominant racial groups (whites) will not help more oppressed racial groups (blacks, in particular) unless it is also in their own self-interest to do so. Therefore, racism does not go away but is just reproduced in new ways, usually ways that hide it more successfully and require more work to identify in the future (through Critical Race Theory). Therefore, racism doesn’t get better and, in a sense, gets worse over time because it gets harder to identify and call out.

???

59 minutes ago, seeker said:

And since logically, the pinnacle of racism can only be achieved when racism itself can no longer be found to exist, the quest to eliminate it (in and of itself) must qualify as the ultimate expression of racist ideology.

When dumb grunts can twist words into meaningless jargon, sensible people should start getting worried eh?

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Haha 1