Black Lives Matter

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But the white one is sitting in front and the dogs of colour are relegated to the back.  Some might think it's just a cute picture of cute dogs but that's because their privilege is so ingrained

Come on now Jaydee, be nice.  The worst thing of all is to surround yourself with people who think exactly the same as you - you're guaranteed to never grow.  Are you completely right in everything yo

Hey Mitch; I have to ask; what is your reason for posting this?  Do black lives matter?  Of course they do but the phrase/slogan "Black Lives Matter! is a political statement intended to either;

Posted Images

That is what endemic racism is about.  

Blaming people of colour, yet failing to acknowledge that worse has been done.  

That is what the thread I started about Domestic Terrorism was about.  The narrative is that the blacks are causing violence without acknowledging the why.

Address the root cause, symptoms go away.

People really need to get out more. Some of the worst atrocities are foisted on victims by members of their own race.  

Military service really should become compulsory and everyone who votes should be forced to see it and smell it... it would eliminate massive amounts of BS from key board warriors and replace it with a bit of experience and compassion. 

In all of this, I have become convinced that true compassion is born of adversity and what my grandfather used to call "the smell of hard times." In particular, the brand of compassion portrayed by liberals stands as pathetic and fake IMO... just ask them to pay for those values and watch them scurry to the exits. 

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

People really need to get out more. Some of the worst atrocities are foisted on victims by members of their own race.  

Military service really should become compulsory and everyone who votes should be forced to see it and smell it... it would eliminate massive amounts of BS from key board warriors and replace it with a bit of experience and compassion. 

In all of this, I have become convinced that true compassion is born of adversity and what my grandfather used to call "the smell of hard times." In particular, the brand of compassion portrayed by liberals stands as pathetic and fake IMO... just ask them to pay for those values and watch them scurry to the exits. 

And there is part of the problem.  2 Generations (at Least) have been brought up in a time of unbridled prosperity.  They know nothing else.  They have never had to work for anything, it has all just been there.

When times get tough in the Dystopia that will follow the revolution, these will be the ones who will neither be able to fend for themselves or fight to maintain a place in society.

Just sayin'

• Thanks 1

De-icers fraudulent method is to only show one side and ignore the other side in order to put forward his agenda. I just show more of the story which he intentionally ignores. All domestic terrorism is from the political side he doesn't like. All racism is from the political side he doesn't like when of course, that is not anywhere close to to reality. 

Why does he do this. Not because he cares but because he sees it as a means to get in power. Or for him, the other people into power who will transfer your wealth to him.

That is why he is a fraud.

I get down to the harsh truth. How do you do that. Keep asking Why? Every time you get an answer ask Why again. And make sure to be willing to accept harsh truths about yourself, your acquaintances, and society. 

Admittedly, my analysis if de-icer is only an analysis without 100% proof. But like in much of life, one needs only use some logic and put together pieces of statements/evidence over time to come to a likely conclusion.

But even if I am wrong in my analysis, he is still posting fraudulent information by playing up one side of the story while ignoring the other side, almost certainly for political reasons.

I love being called a fraud by JDunkin/Defcon/Woxof/Alkaid/Mizar, etc, etc.

For someone who relies on name calling, fake news sites, multiple resurrections, and the other ways he has trolled this forum and attacked not only me but others, it only shows how his position is one of weakness.

Once again, please explain why you show your schizophrenic side through your multiple personalities?

Why????

Troll.....

I'd like to see every politician running for election go through real time  "shoot, don't shoot" scenarios.

All of the scenarios should be taped and released to the public with a voice over of their previous stance on the issues.

Every single CNN reporter who supports the BLM narrative through obvious propaganda pieces should be doing the same thing. It would be pretty illuminating for all concerned.

Every time I hear some moron say shoot em in the leg I could scream:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/looters-in-philadelphia-ransack-stores-beat-reporter-during-second-night-of-chaos

Edited by Wolfhunter

In my simple little world, no flag replaces the national flag....EVER.

No rainbows, no thin blue lines, no BLM banners.... EVER.

For anyone wondering why, there are 3 reasons: supremacy of the flag, basic protocol, and the mess it produces when you abandon the former two.

As it stands now, if you are pro-police you are anti black and disavow the basic notion that black lives matter.... right down to the notion that they have the same value as any other life; that's plain nuts. 

Welcome to the domain of fools:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/thin-blue-line-flag-anti-black-lives-matter-politifact

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
On 8/27/2020 at 9:45 AM, deicer said:

Video from another angle shows the man in the green t-shirt standing there, on the phone. “I’ve just killed somebody,” he says into his phone, as he starts to move away.

rittenhouse.jpg.364c3472c51860e52071ed6012ce365a.jpg

As maturity brings remorse and reflection....

' He has become a hero to conservatives; hung out with his mom and some Proud Boys at a Wisconsin bar wearing a “Free as Fuçk” T-shirt; and now, he’s changed addresses without notifying authorities, apparently leaving even prosecutors unsure of his whereabouts.'

Accused Murderer Kyle Rittenhouse Is Just Wandering Around Somewhere

Lawyers for the 17-year-old, who’s been charged with killing two people at racial justice protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, are arguing that he shouldn’t have to release his current address. Prosecutors say the arrangement is highly unusual. 

Sat Feb 6, 2021 - Vanity Fair
By Eric Lutz

Kyle Rittenhouse, who has been charged with two killings at a racial justice demonstration, walks down the street with an assault weapon in Kenosha August 25.Tayfun Coskun/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images

Even as he faces murder charges, Kyle Rittenhouse is living a charmed life. The white Illinois teen who killed two people and wounded several others during a racial justice demonstration after the police shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last summer has enjoyed rarefied treatment since pleading not guilty and posting bail in November. He has become a hero to conservatives; hung out with his mom and some Proud Boys at a Wisconsin bar wearing a “Free as Fuçk” T-shirt; and now, he’s changed addresses without notifying authorities, apparently leaving even prosecutors unsure of his whereabouts.

Calling the alleged murderer’s ability to “roam freely” highly unusual, prosecutors in Kenosha are pushing to have a new arrest warrant issued for Rittenhouse and for his bail to be increased. “It is extremely rare for an accused murderer to post high cash bond and be allowed to roam freely in the community while awaiting trial,” assistant district attorney Thomas C. Binger wrote in a court filing, per the Washington Post. “Understandably, this causes great concern in the community…The public has a right to know where he lives.”

But Rittenhouse’s attorneys countered that the address of his so-called “safe house” must be kept confidential because of threats to the teen, who has enjoyed support from conservatives, the right-wing media, and even former President Donald Trump. “Half the country would like to see this kid killed,” argued lawyer John Pierce, who was announced on Friday to have been fired from the Rittenhouse legal team. Pierce suggested Thursday that he was advised by a Kenosha police captain not to disclose Rittenhouse’s location, a claim the department cast doubt on, and said “thousands” of threats had poured in, though he provided no proof when asked by the court to do so.

Rittenhouse’s treatment has been emblematic of the deep inequities in the United States’ criminal justice system. While law enforcement routinely kills Black Americans, and people of color continue to be incarcerated at a higher rate than their white counterparts, one of the Trump supporters who stormed Capitol Hill on January 6 requested permission to go on vacation in Mexico while she awaits trail. Another—the so-called “QAnon Shaman” who stormed the halls of congress wearing horns and fur—was able to convince a judge to order a prison to accommodate his organic diet. 

If the freedom Rittenhouse has enjoyed after being bailed out of prison via crowdfunding is unusual, it’s because of the nature of the crime of which he’s been accused. And it’s only a more glaring example of how differently the justice system works for some. “The public is right to be watching closely and asking, is this accused person being treated as people would be treated in the same position?” Sharlyn Grace, a regional organizer with the National Bail Fund Network, told the Post. “That’s a perfectly appropriate question for members of the public to be asking.”

Excellent Article

These black lives didn’t seem to matter in 2020

“ Meanwhile, politicians and the mainstream media sensationalize and magnify any questionable case involving a black suspect and a white police officer to affirm dogmas about “racial oppression” (even if the suspect was at fault). They obsessively lament racial disparities in every nook and cranny of American life, but the most egregious disparity — in homicide victimization rates — is rarely ever mentioned. Why? 

Since more than 90 percent of black homicide victims are killed by black offenders, the ghost of endemic white supremacy cannot be invoked to push racial grievance narratives. As a result, the media turns a blind eye. Black lives only seem to matter when racism is involved. “

https://nypost.com/2021/02/06/these-black-lives-didnt-seem-to-matter-in-2020/

1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

Excellent Article

These black lives didn’t seem to matter in 2020

Since more than 90 percent of black homicide victims are killed by black offenders, the ghost of endemic white supremacy cannot be invoked to push racial grievance narratives. As a result, the media turns a blind eye. Black lives only seem to matter when racism is involved. “

https://nypost.com/2021/02/06/these-black-lives-didnt-seem-to-matter-in-2020/

I wonder what the stats say about whites killing whites, black killing non blacks, other races killing each other  etc etc"   What ever happened to "All Lives Matter"!!!!! 

Since TV brought us film of killings in Vietnam and then of course the ever popular gory crime TV and Movie shows, our distaste for such things has become blunted........  

But the white one is sitting in front and the dogs of colour are relegated to the back. 

Some might think it's just a cute picture of cute dogs but that's because their privilege is so ingrained that they can't recognize racist dogs when they see them.  

Pictures of cute dogs are hurtful and nothing short of the immediate defunding of veterinarian clinics is acceptable. 

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...

March Madness coming to Minneapolis

“I don’t think this is about dismantling falsities,” she said. “I think this is about crafting a narrative and controlling it. And I think people will see through this, frankly.”

Minneapolis Will Pay Influencers to Fight Misinformation During Officers’ Trials

The city will pay six social media influencers $2,000 each to share messages during the trials of Derek Chauvin and three other former police officers charged in the killing of George Floyd.

Fri Feb. 26, 2021 - The New York Times
By Michael Levenson

The City of Minneapolis plans to pay social media influencers to spread city-approved messages as part of an effort to combat misinformation during the upcoming trials of the four police officers charged in the killing of George Floyd, officials said.

Under the program, which the Minneapolis City Council approved on Friday, the city will enter into contracts with six social media influencers who will be paid $2,000 each to share “city-generated and approved messages” with the African-American, Native American, East African, Hmong and Latino communities, officials said.

The program, reported by The Minnesota Reformer on Friday, represents a novel use of social media influencers, who have been paid for years to sell products like cosmetics and beach vacations. In this case, the social media influencers will attempt to fight misinformation online, where rumors can spread quickly, inflaming tensions.

It is part of what the city calls a Joint Information System intended to create multiple channels on the ground and online to share “timely and relevant information” with the public throughout the trials. The program will involve partnerships with community groups and Black-led media as well as ethnic radio stations, officials said.

“The goal is to increase access to information to communities that do not typically follow mainstream news sources or city communications channels,” or who do not get their news in English, Sarah McKenzie, a city spokeswoman, said in an email. “It’s also an opportunity to create more two-way communication between the city and communities.”

But the program is likely to encounter deep skepticism from residents who don’t trust the city to relay truthful information about the trials of its former officers. The Minneapolis Police Department has a long history of accusations of abuse.

“It’s just really hard believing they will be truthful, given how they have treated our families in the past,” said Toshira Garraway, of Families Supporting Families Against Police Violence, a support group for the families of those killed by the police in Minnesota. “We don’t know if we’re actually getting and receiving the truth. The State of Minnesota has broken the trust of the communities within this state.”

Michelle Gross, the president of Communities United Against Police Brutality, a volunteer police accountability organization, said the program seemed intended to manipulate the views of residents and activists.

“I don’t think this is about dismantling falsities,” she said. “I think this is about crafting a narrative and controlling it. And I think people will see through this, frankly.”

(cont.)

🔴 Police use deadly force under 1,000 times out of 30 million violent felony criminal contacts per year. That’s a 0.0004 percent chance of being shot by the police. In America, “you are more likely to be struck by lightning than to be shot by police.”

🔴 The NYPD in 2019, with 35,000 officers only fired their weapons in the line of duty 34 times. The Chicago Police Department, with 13,000 officers, only fired their weapons in the line of duty 34 times, and the Baltimore Police Department only fired their weapons in the line of duty four times.

Former New York Police Department (NYPD) Detective Rob O’Donnell was interviewed on a panel moderated by Matt Boyle, Washington Political Editor for Breitbart News Network, about police data and anti-police rhetoric.

Boyle asked O’Donnell if he could debunk the “defund the police narrative.”

O’Donnell provided the following myth-busting data points in response to the habitual framing of police brutality:

1. Police use deadly force under 1,000 times out of 30 million violent felony criminal contacts per year. That’s a 0.0004 percent chance of being shot by the police. In America, “you are more likely to be struck by lightning than to be shot by police.”
  2. The NYPD in 2019, with 35,000 officers only fired their weapons in the line of duty 34 times. The Chicago Police Department, with 13,000 officers, only fired their weapons in the line of duty 34 times, and the Baltimore Police Department only fired their weapons in the line of duty four times.

O’Donnell accused politicians of playing a “shell game” by distracting the voters’ attention to false policing narratives while failing voters in “education, infrastructure, and transportation.”

O’Donnell noted that by defunding the police, “politicians will not decrease your taxes” but relocate the money to different areas. And when crime goes up, the municipality will “raise your taxes to lower the crime.”

“That’s all this is; they are just using this money and this opportunity because ‘never let an opportunity go to waste,’ that’s a democratic motto – to fund all these projects they’ve always wanted to fund all along.

• Thanks 1

Real leadership always has an element of common sense attached to it and it's always easier than the alternative... even people who disagree will respect your opinion and motives. 

Do the work, earn the win, vote on policy.... it's not that hard.

The simple basic fact that they ARE the real threat to life and liberty of the average citizen never enters their narrative.
Boarded up and lined with barbed wire, Minneapolis braces for murder trial in George Floyd’s death

City and county officials in Minneapolis estimate they are spending a combined $1 million on security efforts ahead of the trial, fortifying public buildings, lining streets with fencing and barbed wire, and bringing in the National Guard and other law enforcement officers.

But some have criticized the city’s high-security approach, saying it’s escalating tensions with residents who feel they’re being treated as the real threat,  instead of heavily armed law enforcement officers and white supremacists they believe instigated last summer’s destruction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/minneapolis-derek-chauvin-trial-george-floyd/2021/03/07/35b37c0a-7a92-11eb-b3d1-9e5aa3d5220c_story.html

Edited by Jaydee
45 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Fighting Racism...with Racism 

Consequences need to be evaluated through the lens of individual experience and common sense.... the simple question: "how can my brilliant plan go horribly astray?" never gets asked anymore.

Consider that most people on this forum have been here a long time, some for decades. Now cast your mind back 10 years and consider the reaction of most members (right here) to the idea that service providers should be selected based on race and that the race of the business owners should be published in order to facilitate that effort.

Stand it all on its head... if it's acceptable to pick providers based on race, and racial profiles are published for that purpose, it must be OK to avoid those businesses for the very same reason. 

Had a member here previously published a list of black owned businesses with the notion that they be avoided.... even if not stated directly, there would be a firestorm of posts and perhaps the banishment of the member as a result.

Now make it a bit more subtle, the same member publishes a list of white owned businesses in the area with the idea (whether stated or not) that these entities are worthy of being patronized because the owner has the correct colour. 

For those who would suggest that it is good intentions that matters, I would draw their attention to rule number one:

- Beware the law of unintended consequences leading to the procreation of stupidity. 

Edited by Wolfhunter

If they got their jobs because they were qualified I’m all for the law suit...on the other hand, if they were “diversity” hires...all we do is feed the monster.

“ Top Class Actions reports that more than 520 current and former Black federal public servants in Canada have joined a class action lawsuit alleging decades of government discrimination, lack of advancement and harassment at work. 

The proposed class action, filed Dec. 2, 2020, is asking the government to set up a CAD$900 million fund to support Black employees and redress harm caused to current and former Black staff members, the Hill Times reported.

After three months of waiting for a response from the government, lead lawyer for the plaintiffs Courtney Betty said the government had enlisted a top law firm to fight the action, despite Prime Minister Justin Trudeau publicly admitting that racism and discrimination exists across public-sector institutions.

“We’re now getting geared up on the premise that the government is prepared to have these individuals relive their horror, and tell their stories,” Betty told the Hill Times. 

“It’s a game changer for us in terms of how we approach it, and so we’re definitely now in a position where we’re going to aggressively put forward our case.”

Betty said, in the last three months, the number of public servants for the class action had exploded from 12 to more than 520, with many Class Members now in their 70s and alleging decades of abuse and lost opportunity. 

Public servant Caroline Layne told the Hill Times she started as a temp telecommunications clerk with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in 1982 and retired in 2009. She said she spent 37 years stuck at one level and was never promoted.

Another member in the class action, Carol Sip, spent 26 years in the federal public service, starting in the Department of National Defence in 1974 before retiring in 2000. 

Sip said, despite moving around different departments to seek opportunities for career growth, she wasn’t promoted and had to find other part-time work to supplement her income.

“Now, instead of the government taking responsibility, protecting me, and addressing the matter, they hire a Bay Street law firm to inflict more pain and suffering,” Sip told the Hill Times. “The victims always suffer.”

While Sip initially didn’t want to come forward with her story, she said she was doing it to help the younger generation.

Many of the experiences in the class action center on their lack of promotions within the federal public service after many years on the job. The lawsuit alleges the Employment Equity Act had “failed in its goals and mandate to Black employees,” and failed to break down systemic racism in government. The Class is seeking amendments to the act that would clearly protect Black employees. 

Current employees like Erica Ifill, a policy analyst at Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada (ISED) who has been with the department since Feb. 2019, are also considering joining the class action.

In an open letter she accused the department of harassing, bullying and surveilling her for most of her time there, and that she was “denied development opportunities and promotions.”

The class action has not yet been certified. The government has issued a statement to the Hill Times saying it would consider future mediation. It added that systemic racism and discrimination is a “painful lived reality for Black Canadians, racialized Canadians and Indigenous people.” 

The government said it had taken steps to address anti-Black racism, systemic discrimination and injustice, including assigning $12 million over three years towards a diversity and inclusion center in the Federal Public Service.

As well as asking the government to set up a $900M fund, lawyers for the plaintiffs are also asking for a Black Equity Commission to be appointed to investigate structures of racism in government; an outlet for Black employees to tell their stories and an independent body to report racism. 

The class action lawsuit is also asking the Canadian government to set a policy whereby the number of Black employees is at least 3.8 percent of total staff — representative of the population.

So they want Black employees to comprise of 3.8% of staff when they represent only 3.5% of the Canadian population.  That`s what a woke JUMP in numbers.

The FACT is that Affirmative Action, whereby minorities would receive jobs, was alive and well within the Federal Government until early 2000 when targets had already been achieved.  So if you were a minority and DID NOT get a job then that was on you and only YOU.

Of course everyone is now trying to get on that gravy train knowing that Trudeau caves at every opportunity to spend our hard earned tax dollars.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/black-civil-servants-lawsuit-discrimination-1.5826344

D4C50428-AF3D-4D17-B673-350717CB942A.jpeg

Edited by Jaydee

George Floyd’s family to receive record $27 million in settlement approved by Minneapolis City Council

Jury selection continues in murder trial of Derek Chauvin

Fri Mar 12, 2021 The Washington Post

MINNEAPOLIS — The city of Minneapolis will pay a record $27 million to the family of George Floyd to settle a wrongful-death lawsuit related to his death last May in police custody.

The payout was approved in a unanimous vote by the Minneapolis City Council on Friday morning in what was a last-minute addition to the agenda of the council’s regular meeting. The settlement would be the highest ever paid by the city of Minneapolis, eclipsing the $20 million paid in 2019 to the family of Justine Damond, who was shot and killed by a Minneapolis police officer in 2017.

The settlement could have implications for the ongoing criminal trial of Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer filmed with his knee on Floyd’s neck last May and who faces multiple murder charges in his death. As jury selection began this week, Eric Nelson, Chauvin’s attorney, sought to block mention of any possible payout by the city to the Floyd family, arguing it would be prejudicial.

The vote followed an impromptu closed-door session to discuss the civil lawsuit filed against the city and four police officers in the aftermath of Floyd’s death.

Council president Lisa Bender offered her condolences to Floyd’s family after the vote.

“No amount of money can ever address the intense pain or trauma caused by this death to George Floyd's family or to the people of our city,” she said. “Minneapolis has been fundamentally changed by this time of racial reckoning and this city council is united in working together with our community, and the Floyd family to equitably reshape our city of Minneapolis.”

But legal observers questioned if publicity over the settlement, which came on day four of jury selection, could result in a possible mistrial.

“I think it’s a potential disaster for Chauvin,” said Mary Moriarty, former chief Hennepin County public defender. She said if she were Chauvin’s attorney, she would request a mistrial.

“The concern is that jurors will be aware that the city gave George Floyd’s family a great deal of money," she Moriarty said. "And I suspect the jurors will have a hard time avoiding the news, even if they try.”

Nelson did not immediately respond to a request for comment. News of the settlement broke during a lunch break during day four of jury selection in the trial.

Six members of the jury have been impaneled so far — three White men, a Hispanic man, a multiracial woman and a Black man — in a pace that has been faster than expected. All appear to be in their 20s and 30s.

Floyd’s family sued the city in July, after Floyd’s death sparked global protests against police brutality and systemic racism.

Part of the settlement includes $500,000 to benefit the community in Minneapolis and to execute necessary documents to process the settlement.

The city’s closed-door session to discuss the lawsuit came shortly after council members voted overwhelmingly to move forward with a charter amendment to eliminate its police department and install a new department of public safety. Voters could ultimately decide on the measure this November.