Sign in to follow this  
Jaydee

Climate Barbie

And remember ....if you say it enough times, people will totally believe it!!!

Is it wrong to be hoping that both her and Justin catch the virus because of their total hypocritical disrespect for the laws they mandate Canadians obey but they think they are above?

Edited by Jaydee

59 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Is it wrong to be hoping that both her and Justin catch the virus because of their total hypocritical disrespect for the laws they mandate Canadians obey but they think they are above?

Only in so far as it's unproductive.

The quickest way through all of this is to let people experience the law of unintended consequences for themselves, and experience is the key ingredient here. I think defunding the police is the quickest route to enlightenment and I say lets do it.... and lets start right here, in Canada's largest city as an example to the rest of the world. All video surveillance should be terminated as well so that there are no consequences to anyone for their actions during the course of the trial period.

Shut down the Toronto Police Service for 30 days. Instead of a 24 hour purge make it last a month. Then hold a plebiscite and only reinstate the service if 80% of the people are in favour of it. Due to safety concerns for all responders, you will find that fire and ambulance services, home delivery and most city services performed by "outside workers" will be terminated as well but that's simply part of the lesson. And don't go to the Legion and ask a veteran with lots of medals how it will turn out either... that's cheating.

I suppose you could do it in reverse, by that I mean hold a plebiscite now on whether to shut it down and only require a 50% plus 1 majority either way, but still, only experience has value and the law of intensity teaches it with the quickest and most lasting outcome. And the quicker we get the lesson done the better off we will be; lets not drag it out, defund the police now. I'm ready to vote in favour....

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

If nothing else,  there will probably be an increase of FIDO by law enforcement.......F#$k it!! drive on..

1 hour ago, Wolfhunter said:

Only in so far as it's unproductive.

The quickest way through all of this is to let people experience the law of unintended consequences for themselves, and experience is the key ingredient here. I think defunding the police is the quickest route to enlightenment and I say lets do it.... and lets start right here, in Canada's largest city as an example to the rest of the world. All video surveillance should be terminated as well so that there are no consequences to anyone for their actions during the course of the trial period.

Shut down the Toronto Police Service for 30 days. Instead of a 24 hour purge make it last a month. Then hold a plebiscite and only reinstate the service if 80% of the people are in favour of it. Due to safety concerns for all responders, you will find that fire and ambulance services, home delivery and most city services performed by "outside workers" will be terminated as well but that's simply part of the lesson. And don't go to the Legion and ask a veteran with lots of medals how it will turn out either... that's cheating.

I suppose you could do it in reverse, by that I mean hold a plebiscite now on whether to shut it down and only require a 50% plus 1 majority either way, but still, only experience has value and the law of intensity teaches it with the quickest and most lasting outcome. And the quicker we get the lesson done the better off we will be; lets not drag it out, defund the police now. I'm ready to vote in favour....

As you know I'm in agreement - shut it down.  All I ask is a week or so notice so that I can move all my assets (I don't live in Toronto but do keep some stuff there) and plan my time to be far, far away.

Now, TBH, when the raging protestors say, "Defund the Police" they are not saying they don't want any police.  What they are saying is they don't want the current police.  You know, the white, male, patriarchal, mean police.  They do want police but what they expect is that it will be virtually all people-of-colour, lots of women and members of the alphabet club.  This new police force will understand the lived experience of those they encounter on the streets.

It's almost as much fun to imagine how this new police force would work as it is to imagine no police force at all.

Personally, I find it surprising that members of (in their opinion) some marginalized group would feel having a police force from their own community would be better for them. 

A few decades ago I lived in one of the smaller cities in Canada.  The hiring process for the fire dept. was a written aptitude test and a physical endurance test - the aptitude test would show whether you were smart enough to find your way to work each day and the physical test would show whether you could actually do the work when you got there. 

One part of the physical test was to run a short distance, go up 2 flights of stairs, pick up a 150 lb dummy, throw it over your shoulder, run back down the 2 flights and back across the open area - all while wearing full protective bunker gear and to do it within a specified time.  Obviously meant to simulate running into a building and doing a rescue - something a firefighter might actually do. 

So, some women filed a human-rights complaint when they didn't get hired saying the test wasn't fair.  The chief went on record saying, fair or not, that's what we need our firefighters to be able to do.

Anyway, I'll skip forward; the end result is that the physical test was modified to allow women to be able pass it - modified so that instead of picking up the dummy, the applicant could grab it by the legs and drag it down the stairs and out of the building!  Yes, a firefighter who would run into a building a drag people down the stairs - head bouncing off every one of them - was considered acceptable and a fair compromise in order to get more women in the FD.

So, when my house is on fire and I'm laying unconscious on the second floor I want the biggest ex-linebacker they got to throw me over his shoulder like a ragdoll and carry me out and the fact is everybody feels this way - even the feminists and liberals (although they'll never admit it).

And so it goes with the police dept - sure it sounds great having a nice diverse, POC, full of women, lots of alphabet people police force until some serious stuff happens.  Then, you want the big aggressive Arnold dude (and so does the whiny liberal soyboy).

Edited by seeker

sure it sounds great having a nice diverse, POC, full of women, lots of alphabet people police force until some serious stuff happens.  Then, you want the big aggressive Arnold dude (and so does the whiny liberal soyboy).

Would this be an example??   How long would have this gone on before some passerby got hurt, if the rock thrower hadn’t been taken down?

https://globalnews.ca/video/6908993/extended-video-of-toronto-police-arrest-of-suspect-throwing-rocks

49 minutes ago, st27 said:

Would this be an example??  

It would. Her only option here was to sit it out or employ the use of deadly force to intervene. She actually did a great job IMO.

Lost in the debate is the notion that when your response capability is limited by the capability of the responder, that the incidents of deadly force become more common. In an era of mental health issues being causal, it's not a great option to deliberately experiment with. As always, the inability to look around corners and anticipate the law of inadvertent consequence means that you fall victim to harsh reality.

One of the first lessons reality imposes on those who seek her wisdom is that she simply doesn't care what you think or believe. Any attempt to thwart her has the opposite effect of that intended and any respect she has earned by long association, is usually offered by those who have experienced her wrath first hand. Living in a protective bubble is insular, on the one hand, being protected from the immediate and irreversible effects of deadly consequences is a good thing, but the associated privilege and apathy that induces is problematic. The first 3 weeks of basic training is fun for instructors, for many students it's their first face to face encounter with the unyielding forces of the universe and the effect of immediate consequences.

Edited by Wolfhunter

Yeah I remember the aftermath of this incident was widespread praise of the officer for not using deadly force instead just dancing around like a bullfighter in a ring.  There are several times when he throws the large rock at the vehicle and a few when he throws it directly at her.  Now just imagine he connects once and knocks her out.  What havoc would he inflict on the neighbourhood if he had the keys to the squad car, her service handgun and patrol carbine or shotgun (whatever TPS has in the vehicles).

It worked out so one can't say she did the wrong thing but I can sure see how close she was to the edge watching the video.

Just because you stopped on the runway doesn't prove that landing was a good idea.

Edited by seeker
spelling

What needs to happen is the the Police services should require a 4 year degree in Criminal Justice.  It may give the people serving some insight into what they are actually doing.  It would also weed out the guys that just want in to bust heads.

• Like 1