Sign in to follow this  
seeker

There once was a man from Nantucket...

...who read a newspaper and said....

I don't wanna read any more newspapers.

I'm done.  Don't care anymore.  Let it all burn.

Read some left-wing news and some right-wing news. Watched some CNN and watched some Fox (and some CBC).  It's all sh1t - all of it.  Lies, exaggerations, distortions.  Nobody is telling the truth and, worse, there's no place to get the truth.  Everything is a narrative.  The closest you can get to truth is to find the narrative that you agree with and roll with it.

And now we get idiots saying we should de-fund the police?  What do you do with that?  People who live in a community where the Chief of Police is black, the mayor is black in a state where the governor is black and their claim is that society is racist against them.

Read this stupid article: "Why are the Liberals protecting the airlines at the expense of their citizens"  The article itself is full of half-truths, misdirection and manipulation and, then, I read the comments!  Honestly, humans are too stupid to exist.  IDK, maybe we'll get lucky and get hit with a comet before we self-destruct.  Personally, don't care either way - the sooner we hit the restart the better.

Any lifeform that's too ignorant to learn from it's past does not deserve to survive.

Edited by seeker
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, seeker said:

The closest you can get to truth is to find the narrative that you agree with and roll with it.

Or the one supported by your own experience, which is my preference. It explains why media accounts of aviation items get a rough ride on this forum, there is a wealth of experience here.

Without personal experience, I wouldn't be smart enough to have a narrative much less defend it. Perhaps it's the strong opinions of people who lack direct experience that explains your travails in the sands of Nantucket. In which case I sympathize with you.

Those who have never been there but have an opinion based solely on narrative are likely to over simplify things, blame the sand and suggest either a total ban or a sand tax. My usual response to those folks is "I don't remember seeing you there."   

Armed with experience, you soon discover the biggest source of misinformation is the very government seeking to censor the internet in order to curb misinformation. With each new spasm of liberal lunacy I look out the window expecting to see zebras; in truth it's the Black Mamba that scares me most, they kill about 20,000 people a year and I don't know why they aren't banned in Africa.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-liberals-call-for-censoring-the-internet-again

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Haha 1

Thanos had a point.

11 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

Or the one supported by your own experience, which is my preference. It explains why media accounts of aviation items get a rough ride on this forum, there is a wealth of experience here.

Without personal experience, I wouldn't be smart enough to have a narrative much less defend it. Perhaps it's the strong opinions of people who lack direct experience that explains your travails in the sands of Nantucket. In which case I sympathize with you.

Media actively seeks out "Experts" that wil;l willingly give them the sound bite they need.  I have yet to see credible experts on the news when an aviation incident occurs.  I think they look for the "aviation Consultant" (in other words, they guy who couldn't hole a full time job) who will say whatever they want.