AC retires the 767

FA@AC

3 hours ago, FA@AC said:

"In May 2020, Air Canada announced that in addition to the planned retirement of the remaining five 767s in its mainline fleet, the 767s from Rouge would also be retired from service."

Sad day, one of my favourite aircraft to work on.

Over 8,000 hours flying the grand ole girl. 

Had the pleasure of flying FIN 604 many times, may she rest in infamy (and keychains !! LOL).

The early 200's with the big dance floor (originally planned as a 3 man cockpit), and what we referred to as the teenagers which pioneered ETOPS flying, first at 120 minutes, then later at a jaw droppping 180 minutes (jaw dropping in the day).

Only ever let us down a couple of times.  The B767 was an incredibly reliable machine.

Will be missed.

I'm not clear on whether the 767 is officially done at Rouge.  Phase-out of the Rouge 767 fleet was announced, but it was to take place over a couple of years I had thought.  A moot point for now as there seems to be doubt that Rouge will restart at all.

10 minutes ago, FA@AC said:

I'm not clear on whether the 767 is officially done at Rouge.  Phase-out of the Rouge 767 fleet was announced, but it was to take place over a couple of years I had thought.  A moot point for now as there seems to be doubt that Rouge will restart at all.

It is slightly more complicated than that..... watch for some news on that front.

At some point, the multiple operating certificates was going to become a greater hindrance than benefit. That time has arrived.

Currently, a Rouge aircraft can only be flown by Rouge pilots with Rouge flight attendants.

Lets see how AC gets Rouge tails back in the air. Easier said than done.

It'll be interesting for sure.

AC could reconfigure some of its mainline aircraft to a denser configuration, but it's hard to imagine AC competing with TS, WS or Sunwing in vacation markets with mainline pilot and FA costs.

Of course there will be almost zero flying in vacation markets until the Canadian post-trip quarantine requirement is relaxed, so unless that happens soon or unless government comes to the aid of leisure airlines there may not be much competition for a while.

On 6/3/2020 at 5:49 PM, AIP said:

Over 8,000 hours flying the grand ole girl. 

Had the pleasure of flying FIN 604 many times, may she rest in infamy (and keychains !! LOL).

The early 200's with the big dance floor (originally planned as a 3 man cockpit), and what we referred to as the teenagers which pioneered ETOPS flying, first at 120 minutes, then later at a jaw droppping 180 minutes (jaw dropping in the day).

Only ever let us down a couple of times.  The B767 was an incredibly reliable machine.

Will be missed.

Yep, they were reliable. Good engines (Both the GE's and the Pratt's) and a rugged build made them that way... The design had a lot of features that you'd swear had to come from a committee of blue haired ladies, and sometimes those designs caused problems (like the ADP in the wing root fairing that got all sorts of volume complaints -probably scared the hell out of some?)... but she was indeed an airplane that could keep on ticking. 

Rouge 767s.  The announcement was made several weeks ago that all Rouge 767s and 319s were to be permanently gone from the fleet. Rouge was to have a total of 14-18 A320s and A321s.  Has something changed since that announcement was made?

20 minutes ago, Geminoid said:

Rouge 767s.  The announcement was made several weeks ago that all Rouge 767s and 319s were to be permanently gone from the fleet. Rouge was to have a total of 14-18 A320s and A321s.  Has something changed since that announcement was made?

I believe that was an ‘end state’ forecast.

Rouge Pilot positions were effectively eliminated for the 50 hr MMG MOA and then permanently in the equipment bid which is forward looking 12-24 months (depending on who you ask). AC also furloughed 100% of the Rouge FA’s.

The question is how would AC put a Rouge paint 767 carrying passengers in the air tomorrow? The answer is ‘it’s complicated’.

Archived