PIA A320 crash at Karachi

conehead

I think it is quite reasonable to keep PIA out of ICAO member countries airspace until they sort their pilot-licencing problem.

In this era of widespread de-regulation and the lowering or elimination of standards, there are still occasions when such things matter, particularly when it comes to the health and well-being of ordinary citizens.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m guessing obviously.  But this disclosure looks a lot like PIA trying to get ahead of the eventual fallout from one or both of the crew members having licensing issues.  

Get ahead of the issue before the world knows about it.  When it is revealed, they simply declare it already addressed.

Nothing to see here.  It’s already fixed.

19 minutes ago, Turbofan said:

I’m guessing obviously.  But this disclosure looks a lot like PIA trying to get ahead of the eventual fallout from one or both of the crew members having licensing issues.  

Get ahead of the issue before the world knows about it.  When it is revealed, they simply declare it already addressed.

Nothing to see here.  It’s already fixed.

Great point, the timing is no coincidence.

I'm sure fake pilots or falsely experienced pilots aren't confined to just India, but all over.  I recall about 10-15 yrs ago a guy got on at Westjet who didn't have an ATPL, had parkered pen his log.  Something about his uncle being some manager as well.  Again, can't recall the details, but it was in the newspapers.  And, most of us have heard similar stories of padding whether first hand or rumoured from colleagues.  May not be as bad as pure fake license, but it is fake experience, and there should be better measures in the industry.

Archived