Lockdown Distractions

deicer

Not sure how long this will be on CNN

One commercial and then into it  (about 5 min long)

Crazy as a Loon and if he runs, if he wins, we are going to have massive immigration from the south 😂🤣

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2022/03/28/donald-trump-windmills-cillizza-the-point-orig.cnn

Edited by Kip Powick

We've all seen Putin sitting sitting 30 ft away from everybody in mtgs and we all figured he was either paranoid or immunocompromised. 

What's the issue with Biden in this screenshot?- Did he come into contact with somebody who had COVID?

image.png

Edited by Specs

That is the conference room  in the WH and he is meeting with the CEOs of the Electric Utilities Companies  to talk about  the Build Back Better  Agenda. He always sits in the centre of the table because directly across from him is a bank of TV monitors he can be directed to if something urgent  comes up and there are also  few internal CCTV screens where he can talk to a member of the government if he likes.

I think the groups on the  ends are doing so to ENSURE if one of them tests positive, Biden "should" have been unreachable.

2 hours ago, Seeker said:

One thing I am not going to do is to watch it on an iPad or seatback screen.  Wonder if I can find it playing in IMAX?

The 2019 film will not be shown on IMAX. It has been held back due to the theatres operating under pandemic rules. IMAX wanted to hold it but Paramount wanted it in full theatres  Filmed when Tom Cruise was close to 60 years old !! Val Kilmer is back as Iceman but with his recovery from throat cancer he will be using a voice box to speak......should be a fun film to watch.

20 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

The 2019 film will not be shown on IMAX. It has been held back due to the theatres operating under pandemic rules. IMAX wanted to hold it but Paramount wanted it in full theatres  Filmed when Tom Cruise was close to 60 years old !! Val Kilmer is back as Iceman but with his recovery from throat cancer he will be using a voice box to speak......should be a fun film to watch.

Well, apparently it was filmed in IMAX so there's always hope it will eventually be shown in IMAX (if we ever get through the madness).

Stuck In A Quarry: Bali's Abandoned Boeing 737 And Other Stranded Aircraft

BY ANDREW CURRANUPDATED 4 HOURS AGO

The stranded aircraft is now nearly 40 years old.

image.thumb.png.703c5019c7523dbd60436bd242294e75.png

sinbalitimur via FlickrBali's most high-profile plane isn't a slick Airbus at Ngurah Rai International Airport. Instead, it is an abandoned Boeing 737-200 parked in a field near Pandawa Beach. Just how and why the Boeing ended up here is a mystery many have tried to solve. Equally mysterious is why Bali has become a hotspot for abandoned planes.

story link: Stuck In A Quarry: Bali's Abandoned Boeing 737 And Other Stranded Aircraft (simpleflying.com)

Twenty minutes of close-up magic.  With the benefit of being able to rewind the video you can sometimes see the magic but 100% I would not have seen it in a live performance.  Very funny.  Watch to the end because when you think it's done, it's not done.

17 minutes ago, deicer said:

Excellent.  I was going to post that last night and got distracted.  Does it concern you that Youtube is suggesting the same videos to me as you?

No sir, not at all.

As I mentioned to you before, we have a lot more in common than you think 😉

The Valkyrie is my second favourite aircraft.  Now if our #1's were the same, you might get a little worried!  Lol!

🍻

Edited by deicer

Afternoon Falken

The CDF and those elephant trucks came in at the end of my tenure deicing.  The majority of my deicing experience was with a man in the bucket, and then when we went to the enclosed bucket, but still a two man operation.

They are an amazing piece of machinery!  Only thing missing for the operator is a relief bucket 😉

Looking back, it is a fascinating journey to have gone from on gate deicing using only type 1 fluid, to the deicing pads we had on the south hold and type 4 fluid, to the modern CDF.  

Also spent many a day doing 'hand jobs' removing rime on the gate as well as mopping cold spots to get the flights on their way quicker by avoiding the CDF.

During consultations, I thought the idea of having a deicing pad at the end of each runway would have made for a much quicker operation, less line ups, fewer blown holdover times, and all with the same amount of equipment.

It is what it is.

7 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

Seriously, was there ever ay discussion about drive through deicing .? .

They tried a drive-through gantry system in Munich many years ago but they abandoned it in favour of a deciding pad. IIRC, an aircraft sustained significant damage when the gantry malfunctioned and struck the tail as they taxied away.