Jump to content

Lockdown Distractions


deicer
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Specs said:

I don't see how that could ever be done in Canada with the drivers we have on our roads. 

Oh it could be done, just not “successfully”. Two observations - I recall seeing a while back that the Veyron / Chiron require special tires to do speed runs in excess of 300 km/hr but those tires aren’t road certified. The other thing I noticed was when he “backed off” from 408 km/hr to about 390 when a slight rise in the road reduces his forward visibility, as if that reduction was going to make a meaningful difference in his braking distance.

Edited by J.O.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Falken said:

If you are on the autobahn and see lights flashing in your rear view mirror-get out of the way!

on ANY highway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, boestar said:

u are on the autobahn and see lights flashing in your rear view mirror-get out of the way!  on ANY highway

Unless of course it is a 2 lane road and to pull over would place you onto the gravel shoulder or into the barrier... 😀  Sadly there are arseholes who would expect you to move over......

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Specs said:

I don't see how that could ever be done in Canada with the drivers we have on our roads. 

There's a couple of issues besides the drivers.  Did you happen to notice the perfect pavement?  Even if this was legal in Canada you couldn't do it because the frost heaves and broken/repaired pavement would prevent it.  Also the complete lack of broken retread carcasses littering the road - hit one of those at 100 mph and it's the end of the speed run, the end of the car and the end of the driver - imagine the carnage hitting one at 260 mph.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, HST said:

I thought this well done. Accurate too!

That was great but wheres the rest of it?  It seems to end early

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2022 at 10:46 PM, Seeker said:

There's a couple of issues besides the drivers.  Did you happen to notice the perfect pavement?  Even if this was legal in Canada you couldn't do it because the frost heaves and broken/repaired pavement would prevent it.  Also the complete lack of broken retread carcasses littering the road - hit one of those at 100 mph and it's the end of the speed run, the end of the car and the end of the driver - imagine the carnage hitting one at 260 mph.

What is interesting is that climate wise and frost levels are almost the same as in Canada in Germany.  The difference is that the foundation under the road is almost 3 times deeper and of different materials than we use here in Canada.  Our roads are 5 year roads where in Germany they are 25+ year roads.  There is no money in longevity.

Also the driver training and awareness over there is FAR superior to what one gets here and there is no sense of entitlement on the highway.  and "Autobahn" style highway would never work over here.  Especially in Ontario

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, st27 said:

Definitely Saba…

Indeed, and upgraded some since I last saw it :023:

A trip down memory lane reading that list, being disproportionately populated with Eastern Caribbean strips. Of course, back then, there were shorter ones, particularly in the Grenadines.

Fun times - IFG :b:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, deicer said:

Which of you has this bedroom?

 

flight deck bedroom.jpg

Yikes!  Each to his own taste I guess but it's my opinion that's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.  If it has to be done, and I'd argue it doesn't, at least make it the Shuttle, or the Concorde or an F-14.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Seeker said:

Yikes!  Each to his own taste I guess but it's my opinion that's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.  If it has to be done, and I'd argue it doesn't, at least make it the Shuttle, or the Concorde or an F-14.

That is brilliant. I tried to sell the idea to my wife but she can be such a downer at times. Mind you, I think I might go with Airbus instead of Boeing.

AbE  On second thought I still love the DC 9 cockpit so I think I'd go that route. More of a man's plane than all those screens making it feel like a video game.

 

Edited by GDR
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's in Japanese so you won't understand the words although no problem understanding what's going on.  Make sure to pause at :18 seconds and make your prediction.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...