Photo Break......

15 hours ago, Don Hudson said:

i-gvhVdj5-M.gif

Ok - What gives?

• The Canadian Navy's new aircraft carrier?
  • Some older AC pilot taking this Self Isolation thing a bit too earnestly?

There must be some kind of story there Don

Hi Specs, there certainly is - Glen Pearce, a captain in VR, (recently retired), arranged to have this aircraft barged over to Victoria from YVR where it had been stored for years, (not too far from the Flying Beaver). I believe the aircraft is now restored - Glen is a huge supporter (and collector) of old aircraft.

On 4/12/2020 at 4:19 PM, Marshall said:

Well, this doesn't help much.  I had found the same info using my own Google skills.  :)

Can the guys who posted pictures enlighten us as to the "Canadian" aspect of a wholly owned and operated Congolese airline? 

1 hour ago, Say Again, Over! said:

Well, this doesn't help much.  I had found the same info using my own Google skills.  :)

Can the guys who posted pictures enlighten us as to the "Canadian" aspect of a wholly owned and operated Congolese airline? 

I guess you missed this, here is a link to the "Full Story" and why the name was chosen.  

Indebted to Canada, which had grant- ed him citizenship and paved the way to gather expertise in the aviation indus- try, Husseini selected Canadian Air- ways Congo as the name for the fledg- ling airline.

https://www.canaircongo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/revue-canadian.pdf

14 hours ago, Say Again, Over! said:

Sorry. I was there and took some pictures. Thought it was of interest here.

8 hours ago, moeman said:

It was and is.  Thanks for the picture.  Awaiting the back story (ala Kip)  re how you were there, now that would be interesting.  

11 hours ago, moeman said:

Sorry Moeman,

The way I wrote my comment made it seem as if it held no interest.  What I meant to ask was why "Canadian" was in the airline name and I was waiting on some of you guys who were there to enlighten me. 

I would love to hear about how you ended up working in Africa.

1 hour ago, Say Again, Over! said:

Sorry Moeman,

The way I wrote my comment made it seem as if it held no interest.  What I meant to ask was why "Canadian" was in the airline name and I was waiting on some of you guys who were there to enlighten me. 

I would love to hear about how you ended up working in Africa.

I agree, very interested in hearing this story.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived