Wow look at Flightradar24

wizard

4 minutes ago, wizard said:

So it’s 17:30 pm and not one plane taking off or landing at Yyz. But if you look at New York Chicago Atlanta or any other big U.S airport why are they still so busy ?

People fleeing?  

The Hawaii traffic is almost non-existent and I imagine a fair bit of what is flying is cargo.

i guess the fourteen day quarantine requirement makes vacationing a non event. The quarantine even applies to inter island travel just to make it even more unattractive. 

13 hours ago, wizard said:

So it’s 17:30 pm and not one plane taking off or landing at Yyz. But if you look at New York Chicago Atlanta or any other big U.S airport why are they still so busy ?

Flight radar must be missing some or they are operating without ADS-B.  I still get aircraft heading for 05 over my house.  Early morning and from 17:00-20:00.  Not nearly as many as before all of this but a few.  On a normal day I would see an aircraft every minute or so overhead.  Now its several minutes at the peak.

2 hours ago, boestar said:

Flight radar must be missing some or they are operating without ADS-B. 

Isn’t ADS-B mandatory for every flight in Canada and the US? Or are some still exempt?

2 hours ago, conehead said:

Isn’t ADS-B mandatory for every flight in Canada and the US? Or are some still exempt?

Still time to get all aircraft outfitted.

As ADSB is required south of the border, I can't imagine there are very many airline tails still flying around without it, given that many domestic flights enter US airspace enroute.

I believe ADS-B is required before then end of 2020.  We are still outfitting some aircraft that have been operating to the US

-

I have not looked but maybe those aircraft are deployed on routes that do not enter US airspace.  or its possible they got them all done.  I didn't look

Archived