Fin 201

st27

Fido...we had hail & snow here in White Rock last week...not enough to roll an Easter snowman but a reminder that it was still March! ? I remember snow in April/May in Toronto!

Kasey - good one! Actually, we're done with caring for these beautiful kids, (aren't they all?!!) in 3 days, as they're all "babies" - 1, 3 & 5 yrs. It's very hard, joyful work.

Our daughter, an Emerg Nurse at a hospital nearby sent us a What'sApp note the other day saying she was exhausted from looking after her mom & dads' grandkids...

Hi Vs, everyone's remaining healthy & well, thanks! We have been under strict instructions from our daughter to keep distances, wash hands and stay inside except for the daily walk and a once-per-week grocery-shop. The BC data is encouraging but for understandable reasons, also "dangerous".

The two of us have been up to the hospital where our daughter works, for the 7pm salute / shout-out and the pot-banging in support of healthcare workers. They come out and wave momentarily then return. On a day-off, she and her firefighter husband brought the three babies along, "keeping the distance" as they watched the police & fire-engines drive by with lights & sirens, in salute. The three-year-old said we all needed to stay away for a just a little while and then she nodded her head in reassurance that soon we could play again. Moments...

I am in agreement the notion that some measure of a social and economic "re-calibration" on a grand scale is an assurred result of this greatest-of-all social perturbations since the Great War. I am very keen to engage that important conversation at some point when the preservation of health and life which is demanding a singular focus, commitment and cooperation of all gradually gives us the time to do so! Great to see you here.

J.O., I thought it was "KFL" too...shoulda paid closer attention ?

1 hour ago, J.O. said:

Okay, I asked for clarification. KFL is the designator for the airline that flew for Purolator Courier, so Mav is right. The hangars belong to KFA.

I know they prefer to be known as “KF Aerospace”, but for years they were Kelowna Flightcraft, hence KFC. I call them KFC just to bug them. ?

2 hours ago, seeker said:

Wow, when your start parking company aircraft on the dirt you know it's a big deal.

That must be kinda sorta short term? Otherwise wouldn’t they at least strip the engines off? Must be a market for those..

2 hours ago, Don Hudson said:

Fido...we had hail & snow here in White Rock last week...not enough to roll an Easter snowman but a reminder that it was still March!

We still have 3 feet of snow in our front yard.  But, most of that is because I use my huge snow blower to clear the street in front of my house for parking (my nephew and neighbours families)

I don't know if this applies to A-320s but there was a company down south that made ball point pens out of scrapped B-737s hydraulic lines

Pen included the serial number of the aircraft

With respect to this bird, perhaps you weepy guys could buy a window ????

13 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

With respect to this bird, perhaps you weepy guys could buy a window ????

Never flew an Airbus (probably never will) but I just hate seeing an old warhorse being put down.  ?

22 minutes ago, seeker said:

Never flew an Airbus (probably never will) but I just hate seeing an old warhorse being put down.  ?

You wouldn't believe how many aircraft have shown up here in the last two weeks. Many will leave but some will not.

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

You wouldn't believe how many aircraft have shown up here in the last two weeks. Many will leave but some will not.

One of my friends in Atlanta is feeling pretty sad knowing this is almost certainly the end of the MD-90. A plane that printed money and could have still had years of service ahead of it if not for poor MRO support.

Archived