Ontario Emergency phone alerts

Jeeez, what's up with all the phone alerts - totally ruined my day in the park telling me I should be isolating!

I'm kidding, obviously,  but today I got something like 6 alerts.  Is there anybody that hasn't got the news yet?  And if they are still out and about will another phone alert convince them to go home?

Edited by seeker
9 hours ago, seeker said:

Jeeez, what's up with all the phone alerts - totally ruined my day in the park telling me I should be isolating!

I'm kidding, obviously,  but today I got something like 6 alerts.  Is there anybody that hasn't got the news yet?  And if they are still out and about will another phone alert convince them to go home?

I don’t totally disagree with this system BUT.....

Between my wife’s phone, my daughters phone, my phone and 3 iPads , and the TV on Satellite.... for about 10 minutes there I was half expecting the swat squad to arrive. 

Anyone who has a phone or a computer has a TV and I nows what’s going on. If you want to alert the unconnected Amish, this is not the way to do it.

This alert was totally unwarranted imo and achieved one thing. We turned off our devices until the panic passed.

8 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Anyone who has a phone or a computer has a TV

Not my 40 year old daughter.

She constantly has to remind me that her TV is for Netflix and as a monitor for her laptops (yes plural) to watch things like the Oxford Cambridge boat race with a dozen friends in the room.

A friend tells me that if you cross the border from Ontario into Quebec and then come back into Ontario you will receive an alert message from the Government of Ontario telling you to self isolate for 14 days.  He did that (crossed over and came back) and on the return trip he stopped along the highway for a rest whereupon he and his wife were immediately notified.

Edited by Specs