AEF- 25 years?

MCDU

I believe Jim Wood, (AC), started this forum around '97 or perhaps '98 . I found it just prior to CP/AC merger. I 'm not sure whether the present hosts took it over, or built a new one but it has seen a lot of action, learned discussions, controversial discussions, and fun discussions.. 

The main point in any discussion, be it forums or personal, is to remember that courtesy and respect is contagious....... even if you are cloaked with anonymity.

Thanks again to the good people that  let us toss bouquets and the odd, non-fatal, brick around.  5186.gif

• Thanks 1

Kip, Jim took it over from Pam. It was operating at least as early as the fall of '96.

1 hour ago, Kip Powick said:

I believe Jim Wood, (AC), started this forum around '97 or perhaps '98 . I found it just prior to CP/AC merger. I 'm not sure whether the present hosts took it over, or built a new one but it has seen a lot of action, learned discussions, controversial discussions, and fun discussions.. 

The main point in any discussion, be it forums or personal, is to remember that courtesy and respect is contagious....... even if you are cloaked with anonymity.

Thanks again to the good people that  let us toss bouquets and the odd, non-fatal, brick around.  5186.gif

10 minutes ago, J.O. said:

If I recall correctly, Jim was going to pull the plug (due to the AC / CP merger vitriol) and our current hosts took it over at that time. 

and have operated it at very arms length from afar.  Thanks guys for keeping our play room open  ?

Been (mostly) lurking since March of '97... I think I had a different handle then.  Regardless it's always nice to read the thoughts of other professionals here.  Thanks to the hosts for providing this site, and the contributors for keeping civil undertones.

• Like 4

Have been a contributor under a couple previous names since 1998. Much has changed in 20+ years but still a great collection of contributors (seriously!) and relevance. Would like to see others join our crowd. Numbers breed diversity. Many thanks to the current administrators for continuing this site!

This forum has been a regular stop for me for almost 20 years for the quality posts on many diverse subjects. Most important are the posts discussing accident/incident investigation and the mostly thoughtful and respectful contributions by all. These discussions do contribute, albeit indirectly, to the high level of safety the industry enjoys. 

• 1 year later...

So, again- to my knowledge- AEF turns 25 years right about now. (That's the first time I signed on here, anyway- fall of '96.)

Happy Anniversary, everyone!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Seeker, how far does the database of posts go back? I've been able to search up to 2003!

Great place as always - good thermometer for the health of the industry & those who make it happen or made it happen and are now in Kip's "dotland"! ?

• 2 weeks later...

I remember a time when each time you clicked on a topic, a new window had to open up causing our then Admin's extra bandwidth/cost. I suggested "Why not leave the main menu at the top of the screen and split the lower half (frame) to show the post." It worked and the site has evolved ever since! (that would have been ~1998)