Coronavirus_2020.01.28

Jaydee

I am involved with an NGO in Uganda so I am very interested in how they are dealing with Covid. Here is a web site by Reuters on how they are doing.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/uganda/

From this we can see that with a population of 45 million, (25% more than Canada) they have had far fewer cases and deaths than we have had in Canada. This is from the site:

COVID-19 infections are decreasing in Uganda, with 36 new infections reported on average each day. That’s 1% of the peak — the highest daily average reported on August 18.

There have been 127,177 infections and 3,248 coronavirus-related deaths reported in the country since the pandemic began.

In Canada we have had 1,770,000 cases and 29,543 deaths. In Canada we have 75.5% of the total population vaccinated where as Uganda has 5.4% of the population vaccinated as we can see from that site.

It seems to me that there might be 3 reasons for this.

1/ That in not receiving the vaccine they have been able to build up natural immunity largely ending the risk of getting but also of passing it.

2/ They get more sun than we do in Canada and as a result they natural get far more vita D than we do.

3/ They regularly get shots for or are treated for malaria. One of the primary treatment for malaria is Ivermectiin.

In summary Uganda has a 25% higher population than Canada but has had only .718 % of the cases in Canada, 11% of the number of deaths and with 7.15% of the number of people vaccinated as what we have in Canada.

I guess we can all come to our own conclusions.

Here's a simplified chart with age stratification.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1228632/number-covid-deaths-canada-by-age/

People should really do their own threat analysis, decide on a course of action that's right for them and leave others to do the same.

By this time next year I think there will be a lot of angry people looking for answers.

Edited by Wolfhunter

1 hour ago, GDR said:

I am involved with an NGO in Uganda so I am very interested in how they are dealing with Covid. Here is a web site by Reuters on how they are doing.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/uganda/

From this we can see that with a population of 45 million, (25% more than Canada) they have had far fewer cases and deaths than we have had in Canada. This is from the site:

COVID-19 infections are decreasing in Uganda, with 36 new infections reported on average each day. That’s 1% of the peak — the highest daily average reported on August 18.

There have been 127,177 infections and 3,248 coronavirus-related deaths reported in the country since the pandemic began.

In Canada we have had 1,770,000 cases and 29,543 deaths. In Canada we have 75.5% of the total population vaccinated where as Uganda has 5.4% of the population vaccinated as we can see from that site.

It seems to me that there might be 3 reasons for this.

1/ That in not receiving the vaccine they have been able to build up natural immunity largely ending the risk of getting but also of passing it.

2/ They get more sun than we do in Canada and as a result they natural get far more vita D than we do.

3/ They regularly get shots for or are treated for malaria. One of the primary treatment for malaria is Ivermectiin.

In summary Uganda has a 25% higher population than Canada but has had only .718 % of the cases in Canada, 11% of the number of deaths and with 7.15% of the number of people vaccinated as what we have in Canada.

I guess we can all come to our own conclusions.

Genes?  

45 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

Here's a simplified chart with age stratification.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1228632/number-covid-deaths-canada-by-age/

People should really do their own threat analysis, decide on a course of action that's right for them and leave others to do the same.

By this time next year I think there will be a lot of angry people looking for answers.

Interesting site, here is some information re cases by age (cases not deaths) along with a graph showing hospitalization.

Anyway COVID-19 daily epidemiology update - Canada.ca

image.thumb.png.41c5f8041c5ab127241c31464dcf10a2.pngimage.thumb.png.14b77652e2dd53bc5fcf4302fd2b0d04.png

Finally.

Here’s what everyone who took high school biology has been saying for months:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-covid-19-mask-guidance-1.6261032

Off the top of my head, here's a few more that stand worthy of consideration when evaluating government and media pronouncements:

-Trump is over reacting,

- come to china town,

- 2 weeks to flatten the curve,

- masks don’t work/masks are mandatory

- the virus doesn’t spread on aircraft,

- border controls don’t work,

- lab release is a tinfoil hat, Trumper conspiracy theory,

- 70% for herd immunity,

- hotdogs by the 4th of July,

- Ivermectin is only for horses (are you a horse?),

- our government will never support mandates,

- our government will never support vaccine passports,

- the vaccine is 95% effective,

- booster shots won’t be required.

- and a truly criminal example (worthy of separate consideration) let’s put people with covid into LTC facilities with the most vulnerable. Should be some jail time for that one.

54 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

Off the top of my head, here's a few more that stand worthy of consideration when evaluating government and media pronouncements:

I suspect 'Multiple organizations including CDC and OSHA suggest use of plexiglass or other barriers for a variety of industries to reduce exposure' could be added to the list.

Here's a worthy read:  The Vaccine Moment, part one

From the article:

Perhaps it’s because I’m English, or perhaps it’s my age, or perhaps it’s just blind prejudice, but when I wake to the news that the Austrian government has interned an entire third of its national population as a ‘danger to public health’, a chill runs down my spine. 

Austria, I think to myself. Ah.

I look at the news photos of armed, masked, black-clad police stopping people in the streets to ask for their digital papers, and I read stories of others arrested for leaving their own house more than the permitted once a day, and I hear Austrian politicians intoning that those who refuse to accede to the injection are to be shunned and scapegoated until they acquiesce. Then I watch interviews with ‘ordinary people’, and they say that the ‘unvaxxed’ had it coming. Some of them say that they should all be jailed, these enemies of the people. At best, the ‘anti-vaxxers’ are paranoid and misinformed. At worst they are malicious, and should be punished.

A few days later I wake up to some more news about Austria: from next year, everyone in the country will have a covid vaccine forced into them by the state, overriding their right to what certain people, who have gone very quiet recently, used to call ‘bodily autonomy.’

5 hours ago, Seeker said:

a chill runs down my spine. 

Mine too, all the way to the tips of my toes.

I'm utterly gobsmacked at what people have accepted, what they have willing squandered and what they seem to be demanding.

It's a really bad idea... that's why I think we need to stay the course now. As I said in a previous post: The sooner we make landfall on Crazy Island the sooner those who commissioned the voyage will start making canoes to escape it.

Before long, the people who wanted this will be willing to carve out the paddles with their teeth. The sooner we get there the better.

Edited by Wolfhunter

And then there's this...

Who takes responsibility when front line workers start getting shot?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7ddgm/qanons-queen-of-canada-calls-for-followers-to-kill-people-vaccinating-children

QAnon's 'Queen of Canada' Calls for Followers to 'Kill' People Vaccinating Children

QAnon influencer Romana Didulo told her 70,000 followers that "duck-hunting season is open” and by ducks she means healthcare workers, politicians, and journalists.

Earlier this week, the so-called QAnon Queen of Canada opened up “duck-hunting” season in the Great White North.

Now, to be clear, we aren’t talking about hunters in hip waders going after our fine-feathered friends with a loyal hound by their side. These “duck hunters” are “soldiers” of Roman Didulo—a Canadian woman who has convinced thousands of QAnon adherents that she’s the secret ruler of Canada—targeting health care workers administering COVID-19 vaccines to children, politicians, journalists, and others who make up the cabal at the heart of the QAnon conspiracy.

In a post on Sunday to her over 70,000 followers on Telegram, Didulo issued an order to the soldiers of her “Kingdom of Canada’s Military.” She demanded the mass arrests of those they consider opposition, and wanted her soldiers to take control of newspapers and seize the border. 

“Shoot to kill anyone who tries to inject Children under the age of 19 years old with Coronavirus19 vaccines/ bioweapons or any other Vaccines,” she wrote. “This order is effective immediately.”

A follow-up post on Tuesday changed the wording from “shoot to kill” to “arrest.” 

“Please, use airports, hospitals, schools, stadiums, and other public venues to hold and detain all traitors,” the post said. “They will stay there until Military Tribunal is held for each one of them until the day they are executed via firing squad or hanging.”

Didulo doesn’t have a passive audience; over the summer, the British Columbian woman mobilized her audience into sending out thousands of cease-and- desist letters across North America (some have recently popped up in Europe) demanding businesses, governments, and police forces stop all activities related to combating the pandemic.

Didulo implies that her duck hunters are secretive military veterans she’s bringing in from the U.S. But on Telegram (a chat app known for their lax rules), over 6,000 of her online supporters have signed up to be a part of “Canada Military 2.0”—a separate, but inactive, Telegram page where followers pledge to be part of Didulo’s fighting force. “I have offered my life for humanity and joined our Canadian duck hunters,” one of her followers wrote.

Didulo has made separate pages to vet prospective members of her Canadian and U.S. duck-hunting teams to help with her mission. The Canadian group currently has just over 100 members, including the man who posted the images of the firearms. Inside the chatroom one of the duck hunters shared information about a specific vaccine popup in an Ontario mall “specifically targeting young children.”

“It’s time to react now,” replied one person. “Hurry up and wait is no longer the thing to say.”

Her followers are pledging their support to their Queen’s initiative. “A few duck hunters coming in can stay with me… I’m ready… all my hunting gear is ready… let’s roll,” wrote one in the public chat and posted a picture of firearms strewn across a table. 

DECREES ROMANA MADE TO HER FOLLOWERS. PHOTO VIA TELEGRAM.

“I myself can’t contribute much, other than myself and my Duck hunting gear,” wrote another. “I am ready and willing to help our Allies in cleaning up the Bad Actors in my small town of Lamont Alberta.”

Threats and violence against health care workers have been constant since COVID-19 vaccinations started rolling out earlier this year, and have ramped up after jurisdictions greenlit the vaccine for children (Canada just approved the Pfizer vaccine for 5-11-year-olds last week). For many of Didulo’s followers, the vaccine is a death sentence so vaccinating children is akin to murder. 

It’s unknown how many followers take Didulo and her tactics seriously, or just consider them a part of the LARP (live action role-playing) and gamification that makes the QAnon conspiracy community so appealing, but experts say there’s cause for concern. Many QAnon adherents have been involved in violent acts like murders or kidnappings and the FBI has warned the violence may only increase with time. 

In an already confounding ecosystem where people will make their way en masse to Texas in anticipation of JFK  coming back from the dead, Didulo and her followers somehow manage to be more bizarre than their contemporaries. To her followers, Queen Romana is the true leader of Canada who, alongside Donald Trump, is waging a war against a pedophilic cabal that runs the world. In a few short weeks this spring, Didulo went from a relatively unknown online conspiracy theorist to having a large following after she was “confirmed” by some large QAnon accounts. In some sense, she fills the void left by the titular Q, who has not posted in almost a year.

Didulo administers her decrees on her large Telegram page, a confusing collection of militarist statements, modern-day spirituality, and postings about intergalactic beings. She typically addresses her followers through either simple messages (littered with emojis) or videos featuring her sitting on a brown couch in front of a nondescript wall. 

“I call her the ‘hardest LARP in the movement.’ Probably even greater than Q themself,” Alex Mendela, a researcher who works on The Q Origins Project, told VICE World News. “She’s unique in the sense that she’s sort of filled the role of an absent Q, but has taken on an independently authoritative role all her own.”

Mandela added that while Didulo has yet to order her audience to violence directly, and mostly skirts around it, he’s concerned about “one of her followers actually taking it seriously, getting riled-up by all the urgent rhetoric and frustrated that he/she/they are not receiving clear directives, and taking matters into their own hands with self-directed violence.”

Peter Smith, a journalist with the Canadian Anti-Hate Network who recently penned a story on Didulo, told VICE World News that her “real power has always been the ability to mobilize (her) following into types of real-world action.”

“In the time we have spent monitoring her numerous channels, that following has more than tripled and the rhetoric from Didulo has only grown more severe, culminating in calls for armed action to be taken by people from both the U.S. and Canada,” said Smith. “We do not know how many, if any, of her audience have decided to heed the call to go ‘duck hunting’ in Canada, but with such a large and engaged base of supporters, it is extremely worrying.”

The duck hunters are a massive hit with her audience. Some of her fans have requested the duck hunters attend specific events such as local school board meetings, or target specific people like Sarnia city councillors, environmentalist David Suzuki, or even one follower’s ex-girlfriend. Other fans, upon Didulo’s request, are offering their homes to the “duck hunters” as lodging. 

“I am more than happy to be able to house a couple of duck hunters!” wrote one. “I only have a one-bedroom apartment but would happily give up my bedroom.”

If they can’t find lodging with her followers, Didulo instructs her duck hunters to stay at a motel and “file the invoice to the Department of Finance/Treasury Department of Canada.”

Not all her followers are celebrating the future deaths of health care workers and members of the cabal. One follower, seemingly convinced these extrajudicial killings were taking place, begged Didulo to spare the life of her son, a teacher.

“Please don’t hurt the innocent in this,” they pleaded. “People here are brainwashed. It’s not their fault. My whole family took the shot believing it was the right thing to do but were falsely led. They are good people. Please.”

There has been precious little discussion of high school level cellular biology here. That’s a big problem IMO… how do you make rational decisions, or even ask rational questions in it’s absence?

I’ve attached a basic definition of ADE (below) directly quoted from an online source. Personally, this is my biggest fear for the legions of vaccinated people… it’s one of several nightmare scenarios and it was a problem on the original mRNA trials.

Only my opinion (and that’s based on high school) but the potential of each new variant, like the one just identified in South Africa to be a trigger for that actually scares me a bit… and I’m not even vaccinated. Nightmare scenario is an understatement:

Edited to add that this is from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia... Trump didn't write it. 

ADE occurs when the antibodies generated during an immune response recognize and bind to a pathogen, but they are unable to prevent infection. Instead, these antibodies act as a “Trojan horse,” allowing the pathogen to get into cells and exacerbate the immune response.

Importantly, when a vaccinated person subsequently gets infected, this is not automatically evidence of ADE. Specifically, if a vaccinated person gets infected with the pathogen against which the vaccine protects, three different scenarios can occur:

1. Mild illness – In this scenario, the person may experience some symptoms, but they are more of an inconvenience and last only a few days (typically about 1-3 days). For many respiratory and gastrointestinal infections (e.g., influenza, COVID-19, and rotavirus), this is common. These mild symptoms are evidence that the vaccine worked.
  2. “Breakthrough illness” – Traditionally, this term has been reserved for vaccinated people who get more severely ill, requiring hospitalization or experiencing untoward outcomes, such as disease complications (e.g., pneumonia) or death. In this case, the vaccine may not have worked at all or it did not induce high enough levels of immunity to effectively stop an infection.
  3. ADE – In this scenario, the antibodies that the vaccine generated actually help the virus infect greater numbers of cells than it would have on its own. In this situation, the antibodies bind to the virus and help it more easily get into cells than it would on its own. The result is often more severe illness than if the person had been unvaccinated.
Edited by Wolfhunter

That is a small snippet of the article taken out of context.  That is how misinformation and fear is spread.

Here is the full page, and a more pertinent section:

https://www.chop.edu/centers-programs/vaccine-education-center/vaccine-safety/antibody-dependent-enhancement-and-vaccines

Can the new COVID-19 vaccines cause ADE?

Neither COVID-19 disease nor the new COVID-19 vaccines have shown evidence of causing ADE. People infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, have not been likely to develop ADE upon repeat exposure. This is true of other coronaviruses as well. Likewise, studies of vaccines in the laboratory with animals or in the clinical trials in people have not found evidence of ADE.

Following the experience with dengue vaccine, early during the COVID-19 pandemic, concerns about ADE were top of mind. During this time, a few scientists tried to predict whether ADE would occur by evaluating genes for similarities and differences. While this was a useful approach at a time when we did not have much information about what might happen in people, we have since accumulated several lines of clinical evidence that confirm ADE is not an issue for COVID-19 or the vaccines:

1. People who are infected with SARS-CoV-2, or its variants, do not become more susceptible to ADE.
  2. Many vaccinated people have been exposed to the virus, and its variants, and most of them have developed no disease or mild symptoms. A very small number have experienced more severe disease (“breakthrough infection”), and these individuals have not shown evidence of ADE.

Unfortunately, some people continue to spread misinformation suggesting that ADE is an ongoing concern for COVID-19 vaccines; however, scientists and clinicians are continuing to monitor COVID-19 infections and, to date, no evidence to validate this concern has emerged.

OK

I wanted to keep it short and make it easy. ADE or pathogenic priming (as I would have previously called it) was one of my chief concerns from the get go. Future (long term) prion type manifestations from lipid nanoparticles penetrating the BBB and the issue of spike protein toxicity are a concern to me as well but that's beyond my timeline here.  

All of my concerns (and that's all they are) are invariably met with accusations of misinformation and Trumper. The bottom line for me is that if you want my buy in, you are going to answer those questions and you're going to be polite when you do it.

Simple eh?

There is lots of Phd level discussion about this topic (for and against) online. Both sides have merit and both should be considered by individuals developing a personal threat analysis. Labeling one or both as misinformation prior to the full story being known is simply not part of my assessment standard though. 

Here's a link to the full article. There is lots more information available on the possibility of longterm ADE complications and how virulent variants may prove contributory. 

https://www.chop.edu/centers-programs/vaccine-education-center/vaccine-safety/antibody-dependent-enhancement-and-vaccines

Edited by Wolfhunter

As I posted above, your original 'post' was misinforming.

I posted the link to the full article, which you have now provided.

So does the 'pertinent' information about ADE that is in the article that you provided do anything to answer your own questions about the safety of the vaccines?

You answered your own question, so will that lead to a buy in?

If you consider the questions to be asked and satisfactorily answered then by all means you should proceed IAW your own assessment of the risks.

I don’t consider them answered and would observe that very few are even asking. It seems that getting expert opinion in a polite debate style discussion format is thirsty work. The constant cries of misinformation from fully entrenched people on both sides of this debate has slowed “my buy in” to an extended wait and see.

There is virtually no current reporting on any of the issues I would claim to have passible depth in that gives me the slightest confidence in said reporting. Question everything is pretty good advice IMO.

Look at all the people who were so sure they had the Russian collusion thing cased.... not only was it nonsense, they actually aided and abetted China in the process (IMO of course). I'll wait and see where the evidence leads before buying anything.

Edited by Wolfhunter

Trigger warning, this is from Rebel News... I have no reason to suspect that renders it false. In any case it serves to highlight the fact that real people are getting hurt by this. They should be left to make their own assessments. By that I mean left in peace.

My question at the start of the vaccine program was "if I get it, will you leave me alone and stop bothering me?" The answer is clearly no.

As the coercion continues for Canadians to get vaccinated, we have come across so many egregious stories. But what happened to Parisa Ahangari, a Toronto long-term care worker, might be the most egregious and disgraceful tale to date.

Parisa has long struggled with vision issues. So it was that 22 years ago, she received cornea implants, which greatly improved her vision.

Parisa works in an administration role, and during COVID, she was allowed to work from home.

But when the vaccine passport mandate took effect, she was told by her employer to get double-jabbed — or be fired with cause. As well, for whatever reason, her employer wanted her to come into the facility two days a week — even though she could effectively work from home.

But Parisa had concerns about potential side effects in terms of getting the COVID-19 vaccine.

So, Parisa she went to her family doctor and to an eye specialist.

Both physicians recommended that she should NOT take the COVID vaccine as her cornea implants might get rejected. Parisa dutifully passed along that info to her employer. But her employer said verbal instructions are not sufficient and that she would have to provide letters from the doctors stating as much.

Yet, shockingly, the doctors refused to put their verbal opinions in writing!

They said they were fearful of repercussions for suggesting that the vaccines could be harmful to certain people. Parisa was terrified of losing her job and ending up on social assistance, so she acquiesced to getting the Pfizer jab.

Tragically, her doctors were proven right.

She is now suffering from cornea implant rejection. She is also now in constant pain with frequent severe headaches and sometimes she can barely see. She must take eye drops every hour to reduce the pain to a manageable level.

To add insult to injury, Parisa visited Sunnybrook Hospital and was told by a doctor that the ongoing rejection of the cornea implants shortly after getting jabbed was most likely a “coincidence.” And she was also told that she’d have to wait several months in order to get replacement cornea implants.

And yet, after all that misery, after all that unnecessary pain, Parisa’s employer is STILL insisting she get the second jab by Dec. 15 or she’ll be fired!

Edited by Wolfhunter

US to require truckers crossing US border to be fully vaccinated, starting in January

About 15% of truckers are unvaccinated. Anecdotally, I'd say the bulk of those are at (or near) retirement in an industry largely consisting of older people and TFWs.

Many have delayed leaving the industry out of a sense of (I'll call it) duty, they feel as though what they are doing contributes to the common good.... being deemed essential and all.

You are about to lose some of the safest and most experienced drivers in an industry already suffering a labour shortage and get an additional reduction in supply line efficiency to boot. Cool eh?

Replacing mass experience loss during a labour shortage is thirsty work, ask the MBA crew.

It'is a bad idea.... I think we should do it. 

Edited by Wolfhunter

There was mention earlier of the lower case numbers in Africa.  

It appears that while that may be the case, the low vaccination numbers have allowed for mutations and now another variant of concern has raised it's ugly head.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-59427770

Coronavirus: Countries shut borders over new South Africa variant

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-59426277

New Covid variant of huge international concern

Summary

1. Health Secretary Sajid Javid tells MPs there is "huge international concern" over a new highly mutated variant - but there are no cases in the UK currently
  2. The UK has imposed travel restrictions on six African countries over the variant that vaccines may be less effective against
  3. A top health official calls it "the most significant variant" to date, while an Oxford scientist tells the BBC: "It is bad news but it's not doomsday"
  4. Countries including Germany, Italy, Israel and Singapore have also restricted travel
  5. The agency leading Africa's response to Covid says travel bans are unlikely to reduce the spread of the new variant
  6. The World Health Organization cautions against travel bans but is holding a special meeting to discuss the variant

What you need to know about Canada's updated vaccine rules for domestic travel

Published Friday, November 26, 2021 6:00AM ESTLast Updated Friday, November 26, 2021 7:29AM EST

Next

SHARE:

TORONTO -- As of Nov. 30, the transition period allowing for a negative COVID-19 test from those looking to travel by plane, train or ship in Canada will end, meaning all travellers must be fully vaccinated before boarding and provide proof of that.

The travel rules, which were announced by the federal government at the beginning of October, officially came into effect Oct. 30. However, there was a month-long transition period that allowed those who don't qualify as fully vaccinated to travel if they can show a negative COVID-19 molecular test taken within 72 hours of travel.

Starting Tuesday at 3:01 a.m. EDT, a negative COVID-19 test will no longer be accepted as an alternative to vaccination.

Coronavirus Coverage

Tracking every case of COVID-19 in Canada

Coronavirus vaccination tracker: How many people in Canada have received shots?

COVID-19 vaccine eligibility for kids 5-11 by province and territory

World takes action as new variant emerges in southern Africa

What is this new coronavirus variant in South Africa?

WHO hosts special meeting on worrying new COVID-19 variant

What you need to know about Canada's updated vaccine rules for domestic travel

After anti-vax sentiment seeps in, three die and a tight-knit community near Montreal is torn apart

Pfizer sues departing employee it says stole COVID-19 vaccine secrets

Full coverage at CTVNews.ca/Coronavirus

This means that if you cannot prove that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you will not be allowed to board. Travel Canada says there will be "very limited exemptions" to this rule, such as medical inability to be vaccinated.

Other rules implemented earlier in the COVID-19 pandemic for travellers, including mandatory masks, health check questions, and negative test requirements for international travellers, remain in place.

While airlines were selecting travellers departing from a Canadian airport on a random basis -- as per Transport Canada guidelines -- to show evidence of COVID-19 vaccination during the transition period, both Air Canada and WestJet have told CTVNews.ca that they will have a system in place as of Nov. 30 for customers to submit their proof of vaccination online ahead of arrival at an airport.

RULES FOLLOWING TRANSITION PERIOD

According to the Government of Canada, anyone who is 12 years of age plus four months or older will need to provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In order to board, all travellers must have received their second dose at least 14 days before their departure date.

The rules apply to anyone who is travelling by plane on domestic, transborder or international flights departing from Canadian airports, and rail passengers on VIA Rail and Rocky Mountaineer trains.

"If you're unable to provide proof of vaccination or a valid COVID-19 test result, you will not be allowed to travel. If you indicate to your airline or railway that you're eligible to board, but fail to provide proof, you could also face penalties or fines," Transport Canada said in a notice online.

If a child has just turned 12, there is a four-month exemption period following their 12th birthday in which they will not be required to be vaccinated. Travel Canada noted that this gives children the time to receive both shots of the COVID-19 vaccine.

Transport Canada told CTVNews.ca that children under 12 years and four months are not required to be vaccinated or provide a valid COVID-19 test result for travel within Canada or to depart Canada. However, international destinations may have different requirements.

"Any adjustments to travel measures will continue to be examined, based on scientific evidence, public health advice, and the evolving epidemiological situation, as has been the case since the onset of the pandemic," Transport Canada said in email on Nov. 24.

PROOF OF VACCINATION

While most provinces and territories issue and use the Canadian COVID-19 proof of vaccination, Alberta currently has its own, provincial form of a vaccine certificate acceptable for travel.

The federal government says Canadians should be ready at any point in their journey to show their proof of vaccination.

If you plan to show your proof of vaccination on your phone, the government recommends travellers carry a back up, paper copy in case of "difficulties," such as the device having a dead battery.

The government notes that the Canadian COVID-19 proof of vaccination does not guarantee entry into another country, and says travellers should check if there are any restrictions at their final destination before travelling abroad.

For those who do not have Canadian documents, their proof of vaccination must include the following information:

•  full name of the person who received the vaccine;
  •  the name of the government or organization that issued the proof or administered the vaccine;
  •  the brand name or manufacturer of the vaccine or of the mix of accepted vaccines
  •  the date you received your second dose or your first dose of Janssen/Johnson & Johnson

If your proof of vaccination is not in English or French, you will need a certified translation in either of these languages.

WHICH VACCINES ARE ACCEPTED?

Those aged 12 and up will have to provide proof that they have received both doses of a Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccine series or a mix of two accepted vaccines.

The rules specify, though, that you must have received the second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to your departure date.

Currently, travellers will be permitted to board if they have received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine (Comirnaty), the Moderna (Spikevax) vaccine or the AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) vaccine.

Canadians are also permitted to travel if they have received at least one dose of the Janssen/Johnson and Johnson vaccine, as long as they received the shot 14 days before their travel date.

The federal government announced earlier this month that travellers who have received the Sinopharm, Sinovac and Covaxin COVID-19 vaccines will be considered fully vaccinated for travel purposes by Nov. 30, matching the COVID-19 vaccines approved for use by the World Health Organization.

RE-ENTRY TEST REQUIREMENTS

As of Nov. 30, fully vaccinated Canadians and permanent residents returning home after short trips to the United States and abroad will no longer have to provide proof of a negative molecular test, such as a PCR test.

The federal government announced Nov. 19 that it would be lifting the molecular test requirement for travellers who have received a complete COVID-19 vaccine series when returning to Canada after less than 72 hours.

However, a molecular test is still required for re-entry of those taking trips abroad lasting more than 72 hours.

CRUISE SHIPS

The proof of vaccination rules also apply to travellers looking to board a cruise ship in Canada, once those trips resume.

Transport Canada says anyone boarding a cruise ship or other passenger vessel where the trip will last more than 24 hours will need to show proof of vaccination.

While the federal government has lifted the global advisory asking Canadians to avoid non-essential travel outside the country, it is continuing to advise against travel on cruise ships.

FLY-IN COMMUNITY EXEMPTION

Those living in fly-in communities will be exempt from the vaccine travel requirement for certain domestic trips.

According to the government's new rules, passengers from small or remote communities who are unvaccinated will still be able to obtain essential services for their medical, health or social well-being, and return safely to their homes.

With files from CTVNews.ca's Hannah Jackson

On Amazons best seller list;

The Real Anthony Fauci: Bill Gates, Big Pharma, and the Global War on Democracy and Public Health (Children’s Health Defense)

Covid: Swiss vote on ending restrictions while cases surge

By Imogen Foulkes
BBC News, Bern

Published
5 minutes ago
A protester holds up a banner reading in German 'freedom is unvaccinable' during a rally in opposition with the current measures to tackle the spread of the coronavirus, Covid-19 health pass and vaccination, in Bern on October 23, 2021IMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Image caption,
Anti-vaccination protesters have taken to the streets of Bern ahead of the vote

Swiss Health Minister Alain Berset is in a bit of bind.

With just under two-thirds of the population fully vaccinated, the Swiss have one of the lowest vaccination rates in Western Europe.

Now, Covid-19 infections are rising exponentially, with case numbers rising by 40% to 50% each week.

So is the health minister planning new restrictions, like neighbouring Germany, or even making vaccination mandatory, like Austria?

Not a bit of it. In fact, on Sunday, Switzerland votes on getting rid of some Covid restrictions altogether.

From the start of the pandemic the Swiss government has performed a tricky balancing act, trying to introduce measures to control the spread of Covid, while still staying true to Switzerland's system of direct democracy, in which the government has little formal power and the people have the final say.

Yes-campaign posters urge the Swiss not to forget to vote to back the Covid lawIMAGE SOURCE,SWISS YES CAMPAIGN
Image caption,
Yes-campaign posters urge the Swiss not to forget to vote to back the Covid law

Switzerland's lockdowns were never as strict as its neighbours. People were allowed outside for exercise whenever they wanted and the schools only closed for a few weeks.

But last summer, with cases falling dramatically, Switzerland didn't have a celebratory, UK-style "freedom" day either.

Instead, a Covid certificate was introduced with proof of vaccination, negative test, or immunity through having had the virus. In September it became obligatory to enter bars, cafes, restaurants, cinemas, museums, sporting events, and face-to-face university classes.

Tanja Blume
BBC
I'm vaccinated, and with [the Covid certificate] I can go where I want and know everyone in here is safe, because they are all vaccinated, tested, or recovered
Tanja Blume, 23
1px transparent line

But not everyone agrees.

Vaccination has long been a sensitive issue here, especially in German-speaking Switzerland. A belief that natural immunity is best led to a drop in childhood measles vaccinations that sparked a surge in measles cases across Europe.

Meanwhile, in the alpine communities, a historic pride in their own independence rooted, some say, in the time when the mountain villages were cut off from the world each winter, means there is resistance to the government issuing orders.

Graphic showing infection rates in separate countries in Europe
1px transparent line

And so, when the certificate was introduced and Covid tests stopped being free, life for the unvaccinated became difficult and even going out for a beer was suddenly expensive.

The government hoped the measures would encourage people to get vaccinated. Instead, many took to the streets and others gathered enough signatures to challenge the Covid certificate in Sunday's referendum.

For weeks there have been demonstrations. Some have turned violent, with police using water cannons and rubber bullets against protesters trying to storm parliament.

At a rally in Bern this month, thousands turned out to hear speakers, including renowned anti-vaxxer Robert Kennedy Jr, who hailed Switzerland as Europe's last great hope against what he claimed were sinister powers forcing people to get vaccinated, while at the same time, via the Covid certificate, introducing a draconian mass surveillance system.

Image caption,
Robert F Kennedy Jr has called on voters to challenge the Swiss anti-Covid measures

The crowd, huddled together, all mask-less, roared their approval.

Some wore the insignia of the far right, others the far left. Health minister Alain Berset was depicted, complete with red horns, as the devil.

Among the crowds was part-time student Manuela. She refuses to get vaccinated because, she says, she is "a healthy young woman" for whom getting the virus poses little risk.

Manuela, student
BBC
The restrictions make me feel like I'm in a prison. I cannot go where I need and want to go
Manuela
Part-time student
1px transparent line

In fact, the World Health Organization advises that, while young people are less likely to be hospitalised with Covid-19, they are still susceptible to infection, and with it the risk of serious and long term health consequences.

Prepare the hospitals

And so, for fear of increasing opposition to the Covid certificate, the health minister dare not introduce any new restrictions ahead of Sunday's crucial vote.

Mr Berset and his science taskforce are convinced Switzerland needs infection control measures during this increasingly bleak Covid winter. A vote to abolish the certificate, they believe, could be a huge risk, especially as booster vaccinations have scarcely begun.

Vaccination rates in Europe
1px transparent line

Instead, as cases rise, the government has advised hospitals to increase their intensive care capacity. This has brought a bitter laugh from Switzerland's nurses, who point out that extra beds won't help when there aren't enough staff to look after the patients in them.

It's estimated 10% of Swiss nurses and care workers have left the profession since the start of the pandemic.

"Everywhere we have too few staff," says Michèle Giroud, a nurse who's also president of the Swiss Federation of Nurse Anaesthetists. "We are constantly working without breaks, doing overtime, extra shifts. A third of us have burn-out symptoms: anxiety or insomnia."

But unlike in other European countries going through similar health sector shortages, Swiss nurses have the power to change things. They have gathered the signatures for a nationwide referendum demanding more investment and better working conditions.

On Sunday, Swiss voters will decide on that too.

Opinion polls suggest the pandemic has focused voters' minds on how important their health workers are - almost 70% say they will vote yes to the nurses' demands.

On the Covid certificate, things are a little tighter, but around 60% of voters look set to back keeping the certificate, and with it the restrictions.

Graphic showing infection rates in separate countries in Europe
1px transparent line

So, once Sunday's votes are counted, the health minister will return to the grim business of counting the rising Covid cases, and he is likely to start thinking about what new restrictions might be necessary. He may also have to count out around CHF8bn (£6bn) for Switzerland's nurses.

But the anger, fear, and social division born of the pandemic cannot be solved by a referendum or two, and the demonstrations are sure to continue, in Switzerland and across Europe

Media caption,
Watch: Water cannons and tear gas fired at Covid protesters in Brussels

Fauci would 'not be surprised' if omicron is already in US, predicts it will go 'all over'

Fear of the variant has led nations to implement travel restrictions

Dr. Anthony Fauci said Saturday morning that he would not be shocked to learn that the COVID-19 omicron variant is already in the U.S.

In an interview on NBC's "Weekend TODAY" show, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Director told co-hosts Kristen Welker and Peter Alexander that the strain has a large number of mutations that would suggest it could potentially evade immune protection and that scientists can predict it will be more transmissible

https://www.foxnews.com/health/fauci-omicron-covid-19-variant-us-will-go-all-over