30 minutes ago, seeker said:

What a bunch of slimeballs:

You are not being forced to buy it.

If you see or know of someone that did buy it.  Just Laugh.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't get Fox News so I never watch it.  I have, of course, seen short clips.  I do get CNN but can't watch it because I find it falls into your "sewer pipe" characterization above.  I think it

You haven't noticed this?  It came in the same Liberal box labeled law abiding, daily vetted gun owners being compared to a pyromaniac serial killer, wife abusing,  police impersonator with illeg

The problem is that Trump's speech patterns, disjointed sentence structures, non-sequitors, tense errors and non-defining relative clauses allows both those who want to ridicule and those who defend t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Fido said:

You are not being forced to buy it.

If you see or know of someone that did buy it.  Just Laugh.

True.  I am not forced to buy it and wouldn't buy it - doesn't invalidate my opinion that people who do this are scum.  Taking candy from a baby, taking advantage of uneducated/ignorant people - just points on the same continum.  

• Thanks 1

I monitored Costco.ca today.  There was no stock this morning but by this afternoon it was back in stock so I ordered a package because we are running low.  Same price as always but I paid the 3 bucks for 2 day delivery.

saved me a $5 drive anyway so it works out.  And no line ups or crowds.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, seeker said:

True.  I am not forced to buy it and wouldn't buy it - doesn't invalidate my opinion that people who do this are scum.  Taking candy from a baby, taking advantage of uneducated/ignorant people - just points on the same continum.  

I agree, this to me is along the same lines as looting during an emergency, find them-lock them up.

6 minutes ago, mo32a said:

I agree, this to me is along the same lines as looting during an emergency, find them-lock them up.

Looting is a crime, buying up all the handwipes and reselling them at a profit isn't.  It's lowlife behaviour but not criminal.    As someone on another website pointed out; the actual original purpose of Costco was to sell large quantities of product at wholesale price to businesses for them to mark-up and sell at a profit.  The best suggestion I've read is that they get audited by CRA and pay the tax and/or penalty if they don't declare the income.

Employee at Pearson airport tests positive for coronavirus
Sun., March 15, 2020 - Toronto Star
By Abhya Adlakha - Staff Reporter

A Canada Border Services Agency employee at Toronto’s Pearson airport has tested positive for the 2019 novel coronavirus.

The employee is in isolation at home and is following directions from local health officials, CBSA media spokesperson Ashley Lemire said in an email.

The time and the location of the infection are still unkown, and the agency is notifying all employees who may have had contact with the affected individual.

“We are taking steps to clean the location where the employee worked,” Lemire said.

“Employees who may have been in contact with the infected individual have been asked to self-monitor for symptoms and to contact public health for direction,” Lemire added.

The employees might also be instructed to self-isolate and remain at home for 14 days.

The agency is working closely with the Public Health Agency of Canada and its employees to ensure that appropriate measures are being taken.

Posted (edited)

The crazy continues.   “Alberta has cancelled classes in its public schools indefinitely in a bid to limit the spread of COVID-19, raising the spectre that other provinces would follow and students may not return to school until the next academic year”. 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-could-coronavirus-mean-schools-are-out-for-the-year/

Edited by Jaydee
55 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

The crazy continues.   “Alberta has cancelled classes in its public schools indefinitely in a bid to limit the spread of COVID-19, raising the spectre that other provinces would follow and students may not return to school until the next academic year”. 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-could-coronavirus-mean-schools-are-out-for-the-year/

"Crazy" would be having your kid in the public school system anyways.  Best thing is that it might result in some parents deciding to home-school and removing their kids from the grasp/control of the leftist/globalist/neoliberal cabal.

• Like 1
On 3/14/2020 at 4:10 PM, seeker said:

Looting is a crime, buying up all the handwipes and reselling them at a profit isn't.  It's lowlife behaviour but not criminal.    As someone on another website pointed out; the actual original purpose of Costco was to sell large quantities of product at wholesale price to businesses for them to mark-up and sell at a profit.  The best suggestion I've read is that they get audited by CRA and pay the tax and/or penalty if they don't declare the income.

you may want to check again.  We have anti profiteering laws.  In an instance like this product prices are frozen.  I dont have the exact reference but the law was passed in 2001

2 hours ago, boestar said:

you may want to check again.  We have anti profiteering laws.  In an instance like this product prices are frozen.  I dont have the exact reference but the law was passed in 2001

I could be wrong but I think this applies to retail businesses - meant to prevent shelf prices from jumping in response to external forces.  Random dudes buying and selling stuff are probably exempt.

1 hour ago, seeker said:

I could be wrong but I think this applies to retail businesses - meant to prevent shelf prices from jumping in response to external forces.  Random dudes buying and selling stuff are probably exempt.

but not Tax exempt.  where it he CRA?

1 hour ago, boestar said:

but not Tax exempt.  where it he CRA?

Yah, that's what I said, in the post you replied to, above.

Some who think the virus was created for some nefarious scheme have the following to support their POV.  If done by the environmentalists there is now proof that it is working to reduce all kinds of pollution:

Coronavirus lockdown eases pollution, Venice canal runs clear

meaghan_wray_0017-e1566495477684.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=68&h=68&crop=1
BY MEAGHAN WRAY GLOBAL NEWS
Posted March 16, 2020 11:10 amNews: Coronavirus around the world: March 11, 2020

The novel coronavirus is causing panic worldwide, but one thing may benefit from the social isolation: the environment.

The COVID-19 outbreak hit countries like Italy really hard, forcing country officials to intervene and ask citizens to go into lockdown.

As a result, people stayed indoors, business shuttered their windows, cars stayed parked and families hunkered down to protect themselves from getting sick.

The Venice canal, typically bogged down with tourists in gondolas and cruise ships, is now crystal clear, according to photos shared by Twitter user @FolinAlberto.

Cruise ships are typically seen sailing into the Venice lagoon and have caused harmful levels of pollution, Euro Weekly News writes. Without them, the water has had a chance to clear.

I canali di Venezia senza traffico di barche!!
Il risultato? Acqua limpidissima
Ph. Venice pictures

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

A typical March would see nearly 700,000 people arrive in Venice on cruise ships or otherwise, the South China Morning Post reports.

The decline in tourism has brought “back the lagoon waters of ancient times, those of the post-war period, when it was even still possible to bathe in the waters of the canals,” according to local newspaper La Nuova di Venezia e Mestre.

Air quality has also approved in Italy.

Though social isolation has been difficult, it’s had a massively positive effect on CO2 emissions, according to European Space Agency data analyzed by the Washington Post.

Between Jan. 1 and March 12, concentrations of nitrogen dioxide fell — produced by cars and power plants — immensely, especially over Italy, according to the ESA’s Sentinel-5P satellite.

“I guess this is mostly diesel cars out of the road,” said Emanuele Massetti, an expert on the economics of climate change at Georgia Tech University, according to the Washington Post.

“I expect pollution to drop even further as the particles in the atmosphere (concentration) get either dispersed or absorbed. In a few days, they will enjoy the cleanest air ever in northern Italy.”

Fluctuation of nitrogen dioxide emissions across #Europe from 1 Jan until 11 Mar 2020, using a 10-day moving average & data from @CopernicusEU #Sentinel5P.

The decline in NO2 emissions over the #PoValley 🇮🇹 is particularly evident.http://www.esa.int/ESA_Multimedia/Videos/2020/03/Coronavirus_nitrogen_dioxide_emissions_drop_over_Italy 

Embedded video

Since Jan. 1, air quality in China has significantly improved, too, per pollution monitoring satellites from NASA and the European Space Agency.

As with Italy, social isolation and the lockdown of certain cities has seen a decrease in cars on the road, meaning noxious gas emitted by vehicles, power plants and industrial facilities have come to a near complete halt.

Scientific American notes that events like the 2008 recession caused similar dips in global carbon emissions. On the flip side of things, the publication notes that more social isolation means people are likely using more energy in their homes — not a good thing.

It all depends on geography and family lifestyle.

“If you come home to a cold house and you have to heat it, that’s going to more than offset the savings from not driving your vehicle to work, on average,” Christopher Jones, a climate policy expert at the University of California, Berkeley, told Scientific American.

“If you come home to a beautiful day like we have in California, and there was somebody home anyway, really we’re not using much more energy than if I were at work.”

Household carbon footprints could potentially rise, offsetting the lowering of global emissions as a result of isolation during the outbreak.

The predicitve model run by John Hopkins in October predicted, accurately, how something like this would spread.  They nailed it.  One observation that the models alos predicted is that closing the boarders had no practical effect on the spread.  At this point closing the boarders will have no real effect at all because the virus has a foot hold.  This just placates the masses  and makes it look like something is happening.

Canada has, so far, been very successful with the social distancing methodology which has slowed the spread.  Fortunately we are a large country and not densely populated for the most part except in large cities.