B777 argues with an A321.....A321 Looses

Johnboy

That reminds me of a night at the Boston Harbor Hyatt at Logan where I had a hotel room overlooking the end of Runway 14 which late at night is used for RON, watching Delta and American A321s getting towed at high speed and tightly packed together was half awe inspiring and half terrifying. No wing walkers or anything.

17 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

The comments are hilarious. Can you say clueless?? ??

• INCIDENT while being towed, an Air Canada Boeing 777-300 (C-FIUL) clipped the tail of a parked Air Canada Airbus A321 (C-GJWO) in Toronto on Friday Dec 27. Both aircraft were unoccupied at the time.

106 replies516 retweets1,261 likes

Retweet

ApXCMIvH_bigger.jpgTom Podolec Aviation @TomPodolec
FollowFollow @TomPodolec
More

Update INCIDENT An Air Canada Boeing 777-300 (C-FIUL) struck a parked AC Airbus A321 (C-GJWO) while being towed. Caused significant damage to the A321 tail now being replaced. The 777 wingtip has been repaired. Both aircraft seen in this photo. https://twitter.com/tompodolec/status/1211803214401720327?s=21 

ENIlZW6WsAIrVVG.jpg
10:05 AM - 31 Dec 2019

6 replies27 retweets144 likes

Retweet

Update INCIDENT Air Canada Boeing 777-300 that struck the tail of an Airbus A321 now parked outside the hangar in Toronto. Wingtip has been repaired. It’s now back in service however it was scheduled for a C Check prior to collision. Possibly ferry to Singapore for that check.

ENI3jKNXsAEx5xf.jpg
      7 replies12 retweets108 likes

Retweet

1. New conversation
    •  
      Replying to @TomPodolec

Is the 777 ready to go back into service or is there anything else that has to happened before it is cleared to carry pax again?

1 reply0 retweets1 like

Retweet

•  

It’s back. But it’s actually going to Singapore for a pre-scheduled C Check. It was supposed to go the day of the incident. The damage was relatively minor. I’m sure they’ll give it a further look during the inspection.

0 replies0 retweets1 like

Retweet

• End of conversation
  2. New conversation
    •  
      Replying to @TomPodolec @AirCanada

How long does a tail replacement take? I assume they’d have a small stockpile of needed parts just in case.

1 reply0 retweets1 like

Retweet

•  

I’m told it’s being delivered from Airbus. The aircraft will then have to undergo testing with Airbus before it can be back in service.

2 replies0 retweets4 likes

Retweet

1. 1 more reply

Hi Tom. Many thanks for sharing all the great photos over the past year! Looking forward to 2020.

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

That was quick...

Retweet

Was. Was fast

Retweet

Found this on another site: Is it accurate?

Wide body tows should be on lane 13E but driver took 13 instead. Experienced crews off for Xmas holidays. Tough way to end a brief ground crew career. Expensive lesson for AC.

d21b190b_012e_4786_b6cb_9cc1f02206b0_34e62ebc103eea3c69260495c3ae638a6a0c6790.jpeg

5 minutes ago, boestar said:

I would say NO

yyz parking.png

Thanks, I did notice that the one from the other forum shows 2 lanes labelled as 13 (13 and 13E) vs the one you posted that only shows one. Same for Lane 11 and 11E. 

Just a note here, the nav canada charts are not ground vehicle operations charts and are often lacking at many airports when it comes to fine ramp details. 

For the record though,  13 as depicted in the nav charts and on google earth (attached) appears to be east of what shows on the jeppesen chart attached in the thread above.  I don't know what the ramp crew in question would have referenced.

Vsimage.thumb.png.3890288b55601c9367fad10c98e09aaf.png

That is right out of the CURRENT  Canada Air Chart book from Nav Canada. 
do you have an effective date for your electronic version.  You will not that mine has a date. 

Under tow these are not used anyhow so really it’s moot point.  If he didnt maintain the centre line he was looking for trouble.  Not the first time I’ve seen this happen and it won’t be the last. 
so arguing over which valid chart is correct and you wonder why we have incursions. 

4 minutes ago, boestar said:

That is right out of the CURRENT  Canada Air Chart book from Nav Canada. 
do you have an effective date for your electronic version.  You will not that mine has a date. 

Under tow these are not used anyhow so really it’s moot point.  If he didnt maintain the centre line he was looking for trouble.  Not the first time I’ve seen this happen and it won’t be the last. 
so arguing over which valid chart is correct and you wonder why we have incursions. 

I understand that there is quite often a difference between the NavCanada Charts and the actual ground handling charts, if so then the electronic chart might indeed be the one that the ground handling staff would be using when positioning aircraft vs the one that the crew on an inbound flight might be using when taxing to a gate. .

8 hours ago, Marshall said:

I understand that there is quite often a difference between the NavCanada Charts and the actual ground handling charts, if so then the electronic chart might indeed be the one that the ground handling staff would be using when positioning aircraft vs the one that the crew on an inbound flight might be using when taxing to a gate. .

been towing aircraft at pearson since 1988.  Never used an electronic chart.  I used the map provided by the GTAA and Transport Canada before them.  For the most part I have never had to refer to it because I had been doing it for so long.

Granted I have not been over there in that area in several years.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived