Reality

Jaydee

2 hours ago, Jaydee said:

A recent Twitter thread circulating broadly...

I'm starting to wonder if these sort of things should just be ignored. How much of this madness is directly attributable to social media?  

Loons and trolls start a twitter thread, the media picks up on it, an "expert" defends it, and politicians (eager to out crazy each other) incorporate it into their buffoonery as if it was somehow reflective of common opinion/sentiment.

I know they're out there, but I don't know a single person who doesn't roll their eyes at L/W loons... much less one who actually agrees with them.   

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wolfhunter said:

I'm starting to wonder if these sort of things should just be ignored. How much of this madness is directly attributable to social media?  

Loons and trolls start a twitter thread, the media picks up on it, an "expert" defends it, and politicians (eager to out crazy each other) incorporate it into their buffoonery as if it was somehow reflective of common opinion/sentiment.

I know they're out there, but I don't know a single person who doesn't roll their eyes at L/W loons... much less one who actually agrees with them.   

I have thought and said this for awhile, wouldn't society as a whole be better served if social media disappeared or was made to be extinct ?? 

More crap in the name (guise) of caring about the environment with no regard to "REAL".  Like how do these protestors get from A to B etc. and then of the information spread by the press.

Climate activists deflate tires on 34 SUVs in Victoria region

New activist group in Victoria claims to have deflated tires on 34 SUVs (victoriabuzz.com)

‘Like a public shaming’: a night with the eco-activists deflating SUV tires | Automotive emissions | The Guardian

Activists deflate SUV tires nationwide to fend off climate change

Activists deflate SUV tires nationwide to fend off climate change - Washington Times

Activist group makes fresh claims of deflating SUV tires - CityNews Kitchener

The "Tyre Extinguishers" a self described "direct action environmentalist group" is tweeting fresh claims that 45 SUVs we're hit in Waterloo's Upper Beechwood and Kitchener's Beechwood Forest neighbourhoods last night. 

This is the second local incident in just over a week with a claimed 60 SUVs being hit last weekend by the group.

Vigilante climate activist group deflates Bay Area SUV tires overnight

• Sad 1

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/un-nuclear-treaty-conference-1.6538373

It almost seems like no one has even noticed, and those who have are distracted by pronouns, isms of all sorts, and raising taxes as a means of controlling global weather patterns.

It's clearly a matter of priorities, and right now, things like this are what passes for news. Imagine if we took this approach to flight safety:

Water park staff must ask men if they are pregnant at Wild (Woke) Waterworks in Hamilton, Ontario

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Kargokings said:

"Tyre Extinguishers" a self described "direct action environmentalist group"

Clearly one of those R/W, racist, white nationalist groups the trinity has designated as "the single greatest domestic threat facing Canada and the US." 

Interesting how PC. works it way into our daily life. eg.

the Head Line is "

Not so long ago the headline would have likely have been:
"Cougar hunted down, shot and killed after child attacked over August Long Weekend"

To use the term "euthanized" is simply to sugar coat the truth and spare some folks tender feelings and is rather dumb. Likely the same folks who consume meat but refuse to come to grips on how the meat comes to their table. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Governor DeSantis’ reply to an invite from the The View

Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis rejected an offer this week from ABC’s “The View” to appear on the left-wing show.

Bryan Griffin, deputy press secretary for DeSantis, revealed on Monday that the governor received an invite to appear on the program.

Griffin said the show wrote that they “would be honored” to have DeSantis on for an interview. He released the email DeSantis’ team sent back to the show on Tuesday morning declining their offer.

“Are the hosts of The View really interested in hearing from Governor DeSantis about all of the important work he is doing on behalf of Floridians to protect their health and livelihoods, to stand up for parents and children, and to defend freedom?” the email said. “Which of the below statements from the hosts of The View do you recommend our team consider when deciding if the interview will be a genuine pursuit of the truth? Or worth the time?”

The email then listed several remarks from the show’s leftist co-hosts that showed a strong level of bias and hostility toward the Florida governor

• Joy Behar, August 2021: “You’re just short of calling [Governor DeSantis] a negligent, homicidal sociopath, because that’s what he is.” She added: “What is he doing? He’s risking the lives of children, children’s parents, their grandparents, anyone they may come into contact with, so he can appeal to his white supremacist base, so he can continue in his career and get reelected.”
  • Sunny Hostin, June 2022: ” Death-Santis … I think he’s a fascist and a bigot.”
  • Ana Navarro, April 2022 (on Governor DeSantis’s policies): “It’s anti-black, it’s anti-gay, it’s anti-LGBTQ+ community. And for some reason, the Republican base responds to it.” And “It’s anti-American. It’s what happens in Venezuela. It’s what happens in Nicaragua.”
  • Sunny Hostin, February 2022 (on Governor DeSantis’s policies): “It started with CRT. Let’s remember that – and those are anti-history laws, anti-black history laws, really,” she said. “If you start coming after black people, what comes next, right? Of course the LGBTQ+ community, and then women, and then other marginalized groups.”

“We will pass on this offer,” the email concluded. “Also please note- we don’t coordinate appearances or events of a political nature from the official office. Our role is to serve the people of Florida.”

DeSantis’ team was praised online for the way that it responded by using the words of the show’s co-hosts against them.

B675CEEB-C717-444D-A5FF-A6A7CF3F9AC9.jpeg

Edited by Jaydee
  • Like 1

Remember when pronouns had to be real words in order to actually qualify as pronouns? 20 years ago did you ever think there would come a time where people would be compelled by law to use words that aren't actually words, like ne, ze, xe? 

Even spell check can't keep up....

Pennsylvania moms react to education dept suggesting kids may use 'ne, ve, ze/zie and xe' pronouns

'This is grooming of our children,' a Pennsylvania mom said about the department of education webpage

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

80-Year-Old Woman Banned From Community Pool After Complaining Man Watching Little Girls Undress In Shower new swimming pool

An 80-year-old woman was banned from using a community pool run by the YMCA in Washington state after she expressed her anger because she said that a man dressed in a woman’s swimsuit was watching little girls undress and also saw her naked in the women’s showers, according to local media reports.

Julie Jaman, 80, had been swimming at the Mountain View pool, a Port Townsend facility, for 35 years, but on July 26, the Y’s aquatics manager, Rowen DeLuna, allegedly informed her that some children needed the lane she was swimming in.

Jaman said she headed to the women’s showers, where she soaped up before hearing a man’s voice, then turned to see a biological male named Clementine Adams, allegedly an employee at the pool, “looking at the little girls as they were taking off their suits,” the Port Townsend Free Press reported.

The Daily Wire reached out to the Mountain View pool for comment.

“There were gaps in the curtain and there I was, naked, with soap and water on me, and this guy, right there very close to me,” Jaman said. “I asked, ‘Do you have a penis?’ He said, ‘That’s none of your business.’ That’s when I told him, ‘Get out of here, right now

Jaman said she turned to DeLuna, who was outside the shower stall, and said, “Get him out of here,” but DeLuna responded, “You’re discriminating and you can’t use the pool anymore and I’m calling the police.”

Jaman claimed that when she got dressed and tried to leave the building, a YMCA staff member told her she could not leave, echoed by DeLuna, prompting Jaman to respond, “Bull****! I’m going to the police right now. I want help and I need it immediately.”

Jaman said Wendy Bart, the CEO of the Olympic Peninsula YMCA, spoke to her later that day, and told her that she was banned from the pool, and said a staff member told her that Jaman said to Adams, “You’re going to stick your f***ing penis in those little girls.” Jaman, the mother of two adult daughters, said she reacted, “I am an 80 year-old woman and I do not talk like that.”

Jaman told the city council, as can be seen here, “My experience after having my swim was hearing a man’s voice in the women’s dressing area and seeing a man in a woman’s swimsuit watching little girls pull down their bathing suits in order to use the toilets in the dressing room. I reacted by telling him to leave, and the consequence is that I have been banned from the pool.”

“There is no signage informing women the shower room is now all-gender and what that means, nor have parents been informed of what they can expect with these new policies,” she declared. “The Y has not provided any dressing shower room options for women who do not want to be exposed to men who identify as women. It is unconscionable that the YMCA would implement these new policies without clearly informing pool patrons and parents.”

She concluded, “The YMCA, the city, the police and sheriffs, the parents, the professionals who assist victims of voyeurism, peeping Toms, pedophilia and assault need to come together figure too out how to make the new policies work for all pool patrons, not just one group. How to keep children, who are less able to discriminate, safe. It is ironic that women who discriminate when a situation threatens their safety or their children — a message from our ancestors — are now accused of discrimination as if they have made someone else a victim.”

Edited by Jaydee
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jaydee said:

80-Year-Old Woman Banned From Community Pool After Complaining Man Watching Little Girls Undress In Shower new swimming pool

An 80-year-old woman was banned from using a community pool run by the YMCA in Washington state after she expressed her anger because she said that a man dressed in a woman’s swimsuit was watching little girls undress and also saw her naked in the women’s showers, according to local media reports.

Julie Jaman, 80, had been swimming at the Mountain View pool, a Port Townsend facility, for 35 years, but on July 26, the Y’s aquatics manager, Rowen DeLuna, allegedly informed her that some children needed the lane she was swimming in.

Jaman said she headed to the women’s showers, where she soaped up before hearing a man’s voice, then turned to see a biological male named Clementine Adams, allegedly an employee at the pool, “looking at the little girls as they were taking off their suits,” the Port Townsend Free Press reported.

The Daily Wire reached out to the Mountain View pool for comment.

“There were gaps in the curtain and there I was, naked, with soap and water on me, and this guy, right there very close to me,” Jaman said. “I asked, ‘Do you have a penis?’ He said, ‘That’s none of your business.’ That’s when I told him, ‘Get out of here, right now

Jaman said she turned to DeLuna, who was outside the shower stall, and said, “Get him out of here,” but DeLuna responded, “You’re discriminating and you can’t use the pool anymore and I’m calling the police.”

Jaman claimed that when she got dressed and tried to leave the building, a YMCA staff member told her she could not leave, echoed by DeLuna, prompting Jaman to respond, “Bull****! I’m going to the police right now. I want help and I need it immediately.”

Jaman said Wendy Bart, the CEO of the Olympic Peninsula YMCA, spoke to her later that day, and told her that she was banned from the pool, and said a staff member told her that Jaman said to Adams, “You’re going to stick your f***ing penis in those little girls.” Jaman, the mother of two adult daughters, said she reacted, “I am an 80 year-old woman and I do not talk like that.”

Jaman told the city council, as can be seen here, “My experience after having my swim was hearing a man’s voice in the women’s dressing area and seeing a man in a woman’s swimsuit watching little girls pull down their bathing suits in order to use the toilets in the dressing room. I reacted by telling him to leave, and the consequence is that I have been banned from the pool.”

“There is no signage informing women the shower room is now all-gender and what that means, nor have parents been informed of what they can expect with these new policies,” she declared. “The Y has not provided any dressing shower room options for women who do not want to be exposed to men who identify as women. It is unconscionable that the YMCA would implement these new policies without clearly informing pool patrons and parents.”

She concluded, “The YMCA, the city, the police and sheriffs, the parents, the professionals who assist victims of voyeurism, peeping Toms, pedophilia and assault need to come together figure too out how to make the new policies work for all pool patrons, not just one group. How to keep children, who are less able to discriminate, safe. It is ironic that women who discriminate when a situation threatens their safety or their children — a message from our ancestors — are now accused of discrimination as if they have made someone else a victim.”

"It is ironic that women who discriminate when a situation threatens their safety or their children — a message from our ancestors — are now accused of discrimination as if they have made someone else a victim.”

Ironic is not the word you're looking for darling.  The word you want is "expected".  Yes, you were warned, by many people but you still voted Democrat.  To you I say: "too bad so sad." Smarten up, pay attention.

The question to ask anyone you complains about this: Who did you vote for municipaly ? On the state level?  Federally?  Watch their eyes glaze over.  The Democrats and the Liberals have told us clearly that this is what they would do and will do forever.

7 hours ago, Seeker said:

The word you want is "expected".

On a growing number of fronts the only question is WDYTWGTH? We are now consistently making worse decisions than those expected of a ten year old a decade ago.

Who could possibly have seen this coming eh?

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/cannabis-addiction-rising-in-canada-and-worldwide-thanks-to-higher-thc-concentration

8 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

On a growing number of fronts the only question is WDYTWGTH?

Here's an opportunity to watch prophesy come to life, all courtesy of the "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear" crowd.

https://www.rebelnews.com/gates_calls_social_credit_scores_an_asset_are_they_coming_to_the_us

It will be coming here soon enough, and later converted to a global ID system. Watch for that 18 digit personal ID number because when it comes out, Ill be asking WDYTWGTH?

This isn't big government or big pharma or big anything else, it's voters willingly doing  it to themselves. All it takes is a sprinkling of fear, the promise of security, and the support of 70% of voters.

By the time 70 percenters realize they really don't want what they said they thought they might maybe want, they will be stuck with a bill they won't want to pay... and they'll blame Trump for it.

Individual rights and freedoms are the key here, any ground yielded to a frightened majority will be ground forever lost. Even if you favour (things like) draconian gun control measures you should consider the tactics being used and anticipate a world where you suddenly find yourself and your rights in the reticle. In other words, consider responsible gun owners and a covid scared population a test... because it was, and collectively, we failed.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2022 at 7:45 AM, Wolfhunter said:

It will be coming here soon enough, and later converted to a global ID system. Watch for that 18 digit personal ID number because when it comes out, Ill be asking WDYTWGTH?

This isn't big government or big pharma or big anything else, it's voters willingly doing  it to themselves. All it takes is a sprinkling of fear, the promise of security, and the support of 70% of voters.

By the time 70 percenters realize they really don't want what they said they thought they might maybe want, they will be stuck with a bill they won't want to pay... and they'll blame Trump for it.

Individual rights and freedoms are the key here, any ground yielded to a frightened majority will be ground forever lost. Even if you favour (things like) draconian gun control measures you should consider the tactics being used and anticipate a world where you suddenly find yourself and your rights in the reticle. In other words, consider responsible gun owners and a covid scared population a test... because it was, and collectively, we failed.

In my younger days I was always a big fan of the Sci-Fi genre.  Frightening for me that many of the things I read 40 years ago are coming true; facial ID, fingerprint ID, retinal scans, access to services based on biometrics.  The main plot device in most of these stories revolves around the protangonist (our hero) trying to find a way to thwart the evil government/company while dodging the scans and ID systems.  The problem for me is that I'm no hero and I just want to live my life and am not trying to save the planet.

I've often heard it said that the best system of government is a benevolent King while the worst is a malevolent King.  In a perfect world the idea of a Global ID is great - go through your daily routine with the chip in your hand granting access, processing payments and providing useful information along the way but, of course, that's not the way it would work at all.

I've only ever done one flight to China.  On your first entry you must provide fingerprints and a facial image which is linked to your passport.  I wasn't too keen on this but didn't do my research and was unprepared for it otherwise I would have resisted going there at all but, now, China has my biometrics - great.

Anyway, here 's the part that freaked me out - when leaving the country you must go through the exit processing.  Exit processing is simply walking toward a plexiglass gate with a camera.  The gate swings open when you are about 6 feet away - don't even break your stride.  The system is so fast and so accurate that it can capture your image and run it through the database from a significant distance even without looking directly at the camera and while in motion.  Compare this with the primitive system in use at Canadian border points where you must pose, motionless for a minute or two (yes, real minutes) while the camera buzzes and clicks and repositions itself repeatedly.

We're most of the way there now with fingerprints to unlock your cellphone and open your banking app.  I think most people believe biometric ID systems are a bonus and make their lives easier and that they will control it; I provide my fingerprint and the system identifies me, if I don't want to provide it I don't have to.  Of course a "true" biometric system is completely passive and you'll have no choice.

I don't think it's a stretch to make the connection that if the Chinese government has my biometrics that Chinese tech companies also have it - the Chinese company that makes my cellphone and computer likely has access to my facial ID and passport.  And, it's not just Chinese companies either - Google knows everything about you.  Even if you've never used a Google device or service the people you know have and therefore your phone number, address, email are all known to Google because these friends have given access to their contact list. Google knows not only who I am, where I live, my contact information, what apps I've downloaded and my Candy Crush high score but also who's my circle of friends and family.  No doubt my friends and family have multiple pictures of me, tagged with my name, stored on the Google cloud.  Think about that - a facial ID system could be rolled out that would rapidly and easily identify me with all my personal details without my willing participation.

The house is built and furnished - now, they're just fitting the lock on the front door.  The system is coming and it's inevitable.  The best we can hope for is to slow it down and maybe, just maybe convince the overlords to build in some firewalls (which will, no doubt, have backdoors and "features" to allow for the data to be accessed whenever needed for "security" purposes anyway).

1 hour ago, Seeker said:

The system is coming and it's inevitable.

Agreed.... That was a great summary BTW.

I can't bring myself to blame politicians for it though, this falls squarely at the feet of a weak, compliant, foolishly risk adverse population who are willing to trade away hard won individual rights for collective security. It's a recipe for achieving neither.

Imagine the most privileged society in the history of mankind tearing itself to shreds because it "feels oppressed." I would love to hear a progressive explain the concept to an old woman in a remote African village. 

Edited by Wolfhunter

5 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

I can't bring myself to blame politicians for it though, this falls squarely at the feet of a weak, compliant, foolishly risk adverse population who are willing to trade away hard won individual rights for collective security. It's a recipe for achieving neither.

People are overworked, stressed and under-informed.  Furthermore, it's unrealistic to ask the average guy to make the correct logical decisions about data-sharing and terms of service especially when he's being intentionally mislead and distracted by a large corporation intent on harvesting the data and subsequent profit. 

I do blame the politicians.  Of course it's a circular argument since we're the one's who pick them but imagine if we had a government that as focused on data and personal information rights as the current one is focused on controlling speech.

It's the place of government to regulate and control the corporations that supply these products.  I think back to the happy days of the 1980's where the US Federal Gov acted on an anti-trust case and forced the breakup of the Bell phone company.  This was done to breakup the monopoly and force competition - to protect the consumer.  What a refreshing concept.  Google and Apple are essentially running a duopoly and should never have been allowed to get to this point.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kate-dalgleish-how-ive-spent-my-summer-break-under-threat-from-terrorist-missiles

All things considered, Israel is pretty safe. I've been there many times and it stands as one of the few places I would always be willing to return too.

The article is interesting from the perspective of perspective and how brief encounters with reality and learning through intensity can shape ones take on things. Nothing quite like comparing media crap with what you can see with your own eyes. 

This lack of perspective in most voters (IMO of course) is palpable and acutely gobsmacking to anyone who has spent time off the vacation circuit. BTW, Israel is a great vacation destination for history buffs and divers. The diving alone is well worth the trip, it's likely to spoil all other locations except the Great Barrier Reef for you.

Reality in California???

California governor proposes extending nuclear plant's life

LOS ANGELES (AP) — California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday proposed extending the life of the state’s last operating nuclear power plant by at least five to 10 years to maintain reliable power supplies in the climate change era.
California governor proposes extending nuclear plant's life
© Provided by The Canadian PressCalifornia governor proposes extending nuclear plant's life

A draft bill obtained by The Associated Press said the plan would allow the plant to continue operating beyond a scheduled closing by 2025.

The draft proposal also includes a possible loan for operator Pacific Gas & Electric for up to $1.4 billion.

The proposal was confirmed by Newsom spokesman Anthony York. The bill says impacts of climate change are occurring sooner than anticipated and are simultaneously driving up electrical demand while reducing power supplies.

The proposal said the continued operation of the Diablo Canyon plant beyond 2025 is “critical to ensure statewide energy system reliability.”

The draft was obtained ahead of a California Energy Commission meeting on the state’s energy needs and the role that the seaside plant midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco could play.

The California Legislature has less than three weeks to determine if it will take an extraordinary step and attempt to extend the life of the plant — a decision that would be made amid looming questions over the cost, who would pay and earthquake safety risks.

The legislative session shuts down Aug. 31 — when all business is suspended — and only a rare special session called by Newsom could provide a longer period to consider the move.

The Democratic governor, who is seen as a possible future White House candidate, has for months urged PG&E to pursue a longer run beyond a scheduled closing by 2025, warning that the plant's power is needed to maintain reliable service as the state transitions to solar, wind and other renewable sources of energy.

Newsom's administration is expected to outline its argument Friday during a three-hour California Energy Commission hearing focused on the state's power needs in the climate change era, and what role the decades-old nuclear plant might have in maintaining reliable electricity in the nation's most populous state.

Those raising questions with Newsom include state Sen. John Laird, a Santa Cruz Democrat whose district includes the plant.

With an extended run, “Who pays, and is there fairness in who pays?” Laird asked in an interview. “There have been additional earthquake faults discovered near the plant, and seismic upgrades were never totally completed. Will they address that?”

Laird outlined other issues that include who would pay for maintenance that has been put off because the plant is scheduled to close by 2025; whether there is time for PG&E to order and receive additional radioactive fuel — and casks to store spent fuel — to keep operating; and would electricity from the reactors get in the way of transmission for wind power that is expected to come on line in coming years.

Potentially, billions of dollars in costs could be in play.

“I’m really waiting to see whether ... and how they address all the issues that are associated with a possible extension before I decide what I’m going to,” Laird said, referring to a possible vote.

“We are under a tight timeframe,” Laird added. “That begs the question of could they do everything it needs to be extended by 2025?”

Newsom's draft proposal amounts to an attempt to unspool a 2016 agreement among environmentalists, plant worker unions and the utility to close the plant by 2025. The joint decision to close the plant also was endorsed by California utility regulators, the Legislature and then-Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown.

PG&E CEO Patricia “Patti” Poppe told investors in a call last month that state legislation would have to be enacted by September to open the way for PG&E to reverse course.

PG&E, which has long said the plant is seismically safe, hasn’t said much about whether it will push to extend operations beyond 2025. It is assessing that possibility while continuing to plan for closing and dismantling the plant “unless those actions are superseded by new state policies,” PG&E spokesperson Suzanne Hosn said in a statement.

PG&E also would have to obtain a new operating license from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to run beyond 2025.

With so many pending issues and little time, “it is rushed. It does not make sense,” said David Weisman, legislative director of the Alliance for Nuclear Responsibility, an advocacy group.

“The plant can't run a day longer than the NRC license,” which expires in August 2025, Weisman added.

Newsom's push for a longer run for the reactors doesn't square easily with his assessment in 2016, when as lieutenant governor he supported the closure agreement as part of the State Lands Commission.

Seismic issues at the plant “are not insignificant concerns,” he said at the time. “This is not the preeminent site if you’re ... concerned about seismic safety.”

Michael R. Blood, The Associated Press

image.png

I've been counting the hours here... other than Bill, snowflakes have been strangely silent. Maybe they were hoping it was a white nationalist Christian behind the attack.

Another thing I've noticed is that Democrats have suddenly stopped criticizing law enforcement. Coincidentally, it happened right after the raid on Trumps estate in Florida. 

Bill Maher reacts to Salman Rushdie attack: Don't come at me with 'Islamophobic' to shut off Islam debate

Bill Maher calls Islam a 'fundamentalist religion' following the attack of his friend Salman Rushdie

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 2

Wasn't it movie stars leading the charge on defunding?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-police-want-divert-some-police-neighborhoods-film-sets-report

I'll believe they believe what they say they believe when they start acting like they believe what they say they believe.

Maybe we should collectively apply that logic to a number of hot button issues. Wouldn't it be great if citizens stuck together and punished the purveyors of absurdity in the manner they richly deserve to be punished.

As a for instance, I would love to see a total and complete boycott of this food festival. 

This little girl was 8. On the plus side, a local business got her a permit and allowed her to use their venue... I'd shop there.

So, am I the only one with an ironclad bad bunny list that grows longer by the day? 

Ohio girl's lemonade stand near food festival shut down after complaint

The Ohio girl's lemonade stand was the subject of a complaint from the nearby food festival

Edited by Wolfhunter

“ It is hard to think the unthinkable. It’s hard to think that all of it, all the misery, all the suffering of the past and to come might just be about money, greed and power. It is hard to tell yourself you’ve been taken for a fool and taken for a ride. It’s hard, but the view from the other side is worth the effort and the pain. Open your eyes and see. “

“ It is hard to tell yourself you've been taken for a fool but open your eyes, “

It is hard to think the unthinkable – but there comes a time when there’s nothing else for it. People raised to trust the powers that be – who have assumed, like I once did, that the State, regardless of its political flavour at any given moment, is essentially benevolent and well-meaning – will naturally try and keep that assumption of benevolence in mind when trying to make sense of what is going on around them.

People like us, you and me, raised in the understanding that we are free, that we have inalienable rights, and that the institutions of this country have our best interests at heart, will tend to tie ourselves in knots rather than contemplate the idea those authorities might actually be working against us now. I took that thought of benevolent, well-meaning authority for granted for most of my life, God help me. Not to put too fine a point on it, I was as gullible as the next chump.

A couple of years ago, however, I began to think the unthinkable and with every passing day it becomes more and more obvious to me that we are no longer being treated as individuals entitled to try and make the most of our lives – but as a barn full of battery hens, just another product to be bought and sold – sold down the river.

Neil Oliver

Neil Oliver   GB News

Let me put it another way: if you have been driving yourself almost demented in an effort to think the best of those in charge – those in senior positions in government, those in charge of the great institutions of State, those running the big corporations – but finding it increasingly impossible to do so … then the solution to the problem might be to turn your point of view through 180 degrees and accept, however unwillingly, that we are … how best to put this … being taken for a ride.

When you find a stranger’s hand on your wallet, in the inside pocket of your jacket … rather than trying to persuade yourself he’s only making sure it doesn’t fall out … it might be more straightforward to draw the conclusion you’re in the process of being robbed.

Once the scales fall from a person’s eyes, the resultant clarity of sight is briefly overwhelming. Or it is like being handed a skeleton key that opens every locked door, or access to a Rosetta Stone that translates every word into a language instantly understood.

Take the energy crisis: If you’ve felt the blood drain from your face at the prospect of bills rising from hundreds to several thousands of pounds while reading about energy companies doubling their profits overnight while being commanded to subsidise so-called renewables that are anything but Green while listening to this politician or that renew their vows to the ruinous fantasies of Net Zero and Agenda 2030 while knowing that the electricity for electric cars comes, in the main and most reliably, from fossil fuels if you can’t make sense of it all and just know that it adds up to a future in which you might have to choose between eating and heating then treat yourself to the gift of understanding that the powers that be fully intend that we should have less heat and less fuel and that in the planned future only the rich will have cars anyway. The plan is not to fix it.

The plan is to break it, and leave it broken. If you struggle to think the best of the world’s richest – vacuous, self-obsessed A-list celebrities among them – endlessly circling the planet on private jets and super yachts, so as to attend get-togethers where they might pontificate to us lowly proles about how we must give up our cars and occasional holiday flights – even meat on the dinner table … if you wonder how they have the unmitigated gall … then isn’t it easier simply to accept that their honestly declared and advertised intention is that their luxurious and pampered lives will continue as before while we are left hungry, cold and mostly unwashed in our unheated homes.

Here’s the thing: if any leader or celeb honestly meant a word of their sermons about CO2 and the rest, then they would obviously lead by example. They would be first of all of us willingly to give up international travel altogether … they would downsize to modest homes warmed by heat pumps. They would eschew all energy but that from the sun and the wind. They would eat, with relish, bugs and plants. They would resort to walking, bicycles and public transport. If Net Zero and the rest was about the good of the planet – and not about clearing the skies and the beaches of scum like us – don’t you think those sainted politicians and A-listers would be lighting the way for us by their own example? If the way of life they preach to us was worth living, wouldn’t they be living it already? Perhaps you heard Bill Gates say private jets are his guilty pleasure.

And how about food – and more particularly the predicted shortage of it: the suits and CEOs blame it all on Vladimir Putin. But if the countries of the world are truly running out of food, why is our government offering farmers hundreds of thousands of pounds to get out of the industry and sell their land to transnational corporations for use, or disuse unknown? Why aren’t we, as a society, doing what our parents and grandparents did during WWII and digging for victory? Why is the government intent on turning a third of our fertile soil over to re-wilding schemes that make life better only for the beavers? Why aren’t we looking across the North Sea towards the Netherlands where a WEF-infected administration is bullying farmers off their land altogether, forcing them to cull half the national herd.

Those Dutch farmers are among the most productive and knowledgeable in the world, holding in their heads and hands the answers to all manner of questions about how best to produce food, and yet their government is so intent on scaring them out of the business that a teenage boy in a tractor, taking part in a protest to defend ancient rights and traditions, was fired on by police.

Why do you think it matters so much, to the government of the second most productive population of farmers in the world, to gut and fillet that industry? Why? Why have similar protests, in countries all across Europe and the wider world, been largely ignored by the mainstream media – a media that would have crawled on its hands and knees over broken glass just to report on a BLM protester opening a bag of non-binary crisps. Why the silence on the attack on farming?

And while we’re on the subject of farmland ownership, why is computer salesman Bill Gates buying so much farmland in the US – more than a quarter of a million acres in 19 states at the last count, while simultaneously promoting the production and sale of fake meat? And why have so many small planes crashed into massive food processing plants in the US, sparking fires and thereby hobbling the production and distribution of yet more of the very stuff of life? Why is this happening to farmers and farming … all across the hitherto developed world …?

Isn’t the simple obvious answer … the answer that makes most sense and that is staring us in our trusting faces … that power for the power-hungry has always rested most effectively upon control of food and its supply? Why are the powers that be attributing this to a cost of living crisis when everyone with two brain cells to rub together can see it’s a cost of lockdown crisis – the inevitable consequence of shutting down the whole country – indeed the whole world – for the best part of two years. Soaring inflation, rising interest rates, disrupted supply chains.

Might they be calling it a cost of living crisis as part of their bare-faced attempt to distract us from the fact that while ordinary individuals face a life and death struggle in the coming months, the corporations have celebrated their share of the greatest transfer of wealth in history? Doesn’t that seem more likely? However unthinkable, might it not be more compelling to ask why our government, and governments around the world, have effectively stood by and held the coats of huge corporations while those money magnets pulled almost all of the world’s wealth into their already creaking coffers?

Are our governments more interested in enabling, in aiding and abetting the rich, than in lifting so much as a finger to protect our livelihoods, our ways of life? I’m only asking. What about the money in our pockets? Why is it getting harder and harder to use good old cash, notes and coins? Why are we being nudged further and further away from spending-power we can see and hold, and towards a digital alternative that exists only on the hard drives of the banks that run the world? Why is that do you think?

Rather than dismiss as yet another conspiracy theory the idea of cash being ultimately replaced with transactions based on the exchange of what amount to glorified food stamps that will only be accepted if our social credit score demonstrates that we’ve been obedient girls or boys … how about taking the leap and focussing on the blatantly obvious … that if we are not free to buy whatever and whenever we please, free of the surveillance and snooping of governments and the banks that run them, then we have absolutely no freedom at all. And while we’re on the subject of money and banks, why not pause to notice something else that is glaringly obvious – which is to say that the currencies of the West are teetering on the abyss, and that one bank after another is revealed, to those who are bothering to watch, as being as close to bankruptcy as its possible to be without actually falling over the edge.

Then there’s the so-called vaccines for Covid – I deliberately say “so-called” because by now it should be clear to all but the wilfully blind that those injections do not work as advertised. You can still contract the virus, still transmit the virus, still get sick and still die. Denmark has dropped their use on under-18s. All across the world, every day, more evidence emerges – however grudgingly, however much the various complicit authorities and Big-Pharma companies might hate to admit it – of countless deaths and injuries caused by those medical procedures.

And yet here in Britain and just about everywhere else, governments continue to try and get those needles into as many arms as possible, even the arms of the smallest and youngest. The ripe stink of corruption is everywhere. I trusted authority for most of my life.

Now I ask myself on a daily basis how I ignored the stench for so long. Across the Atlantic, the Biden Whitehouse sent the FBI to raid the home of former president Donald Trump. Meanwhile Joe Biden and his son Hunter – he of the laptop full of the most appalling and incriminating content – fly together on Airforce 1. No raids planned on the Obamas, nor on the Clintons. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi flew to Taiwan and onwards to China. Her son Paul, an investor in a Chinese tech firm and with seats on the board of companies dealing in lithium, was along for the ride, into that part of the world where three quarters of the world’s lithium batteries are made. Taiwan leads in that technology.

It is hard to think the unthinkable. It’s hard to think that all of it, all the misery, all the suffering of the past and to come might just be about money, greed and power. It is hard to tell yourself you’ve been taken for a fool and taken for a ride. It’s hard, but the view from the other side is worth the effort and the pain. Open your eyes and see.

https://www.gbnews.uk/gb-views/it-is-hard-to-tell-yourself-youve-been-taken-for-a-fool-but-open-your-eyes-says-neil-oliver/352031?fbclid=IwAR0SNWv4kH-tfEHhYY45VxyaPeFo3DenWd4Yje0b9Nslu8sxLKMGstOPyeo

• Thanks 1

The use of vehicles as weapons is becoming a concerning trend now. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-crashes-car-crowd-honoring-victims-of-fire-leaving-1-dead-17-hurt

It's not my intent to politicize a tragic event, but I would note that most of these vehicles are fully automatic, have high capacity fuel tanks and can hold more than 5 people.

In addition, they can easily and cheaply be outfitted with an array of lethal options like racing stripes, four wheel drive, and bumper accessories like push/bully bars.

No one in the city needs four wheel drive, and no one needs an assault style vehicle of any sort. No one hunts with these vehicles, they're military grade weapons of war and have one purpose only.

See that, I can do absurdity almost as well as a liberal.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/westjet-bc-woman-lost-luggage-1.6550194

Personally, I'd rather drive, crawl, swim or stay home... but that's just me. Besides, basic arithmetic (grade 4 stuff BTW) suggests that transportation needs to take a serious hit if Canada is going to meet those Paris Accord targets. 

I just wish people got as outraged about our collapsing health care system as they do about lost luggage. If you're a staunch defender of our current system, I think it's likely that you don't have family members or close acquaintances with severe medical problems (and no doctor) who are facing the real possibility of death before they're turn comes for treatment. 

Surge capacity was on full life support before covid, and the remaining nurses (the ones we didn't gleefully fire under vaccine mandates) are so burnt out now that they're leaving the profession in unsustainable and systemically irreplaceable numbers. It's on the verge of full collapse... if it weren't for global warning heralding the end of the world in 6.5 years, it might be something to worry about. 

Imagine if you had spent the last 3 years living off the land and completely off grid in a log cabin in the wilds of Northwestern Ontario. That before and after snapshot plotted against time would (or should) provide some perspective and point to a frightening trajectory. You would likely be just as gobsmacked as I am at the prevailing level of apathy, misplaced hostility and the rapid rise of the unholy trinity.

You might even ask (as I do now): "dude, WTF did you do with my country."

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1