Reality

Jaydee

Here's a snippet of wisdom that will either go unnoticed or be openly ridiculed. 

This is why it's here, this is why it's getting worse, and this is why it has legs of steel. You need only review the definition of religion and compare it to the extreme political positions of the day.

Worship of race and politics is dismantling America, Pastor Brooks says

'We have allowed race and politics to become our religion,' Pastor Corey Brooks says

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Liberals appear to be having a hard time living up to their own definition of purity.

Scaring off otherwise good candidates for something they said when they were 13 years old sounds like the very definition of unintended consequences to me. Makes you wonder how many of us would be able to live up to the standards now being demanded.

Ironically, the very people advocating for diversity are the ones working hard to stifle it.

https://nationalpost.com/news/ontario-election/sabrina-maddeaux-shamefully-cancelling-candidates-over-teenaged-facebook-posts-will-drive-gen-z-away

And it's not just what you did... it's also what you didn't do. None of this applies to JT of course:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/middle-schooler-sexual-harassment-accusations-pronouns-shatter-college-chances

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 3

There are those who hate intolerance except it is a good thing to be intolerant of anyone questioning their views.

• Like 1

Cool, with the door logo issue decided, Demonrats can get back to more important things... like removing police cars:

Kansas town reverses decision removing 'In God We Trust' from police cars after uproar

If I was a BC taxpayer, I’d be po’d……isn’t there something else with greater priority than trying to re-write history through a woke anti colonial lens?
What the heck….. it’s only 3/4 of a billion (before the cost overruns) for 1 museum.  Just think of all the clean drugs for injection sites that could buy.

Premier John Horgan has just announced plans to demolish the facility entirely and replace it with the single most expensive museum in Canadian history.

On Friday, Horgan’s office announced a $789-million grant to build a “safer, more inclusive and accessible” provincial museum.

The grant only represents the provincial contribution, and the final construction costs could be increased even further by federal and private grants.

Diversity is our strength……and it was only a matter of time:

A Western University social media post supporting the fight against homophobia included an illustration of two women in hijabs about to kiss – sparking a backlash from London’s Muslim community that forced school officials to delete it.

The image, posted on the school’s Instagram account Tuesday to mark the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia, was met with a firestorm of criticism from people who were offended by the imagery.

They said the post was “inappropriate” and “disrespectful” because the hijab, an Islamic veil, has religious and spiritual connotations. Wrote one person: “Shame on you Western for such an insulting mockery post to my religion.” 

“We believe this presents an opportunity for genuine, thoughtful discussion about how we can best support members of the Queer Muslim community, and those from all faiths and backgrounds within the 2SLGBTQ+ community,” said Opiyo Oloya.

“In order to promote that discussion, we have removed the image from the post to not distract from these important conversations.”

• Confused 1

Canada to ban China's Huawei Technologies from 5G networks, sources say

9m ago
FollowView Profile
React11 Comments|

© Provided by The Canadian Press

image.png.3e90f92215bb800130ea7a92a8a4b8cd.png

OTTAWA — Senior government officials say the Liberals have decided to ban Chinese vendor Huawei Technologies from Canada's long-awaited blueprint for next-generation mobile networks.

The development of 5G, or fifth-generation, networks will give people speedier online connections and provide vast data capacity to meet ravenous demand as more and more things link to the internet and innovations such as autonomous vehicles emerge. 

The Opposition Conservatives and other critics have long pressed the Liberals to deny Huawei a role in building the country's 5G infrastructure, saying it would allow Beijing to spy on Canadians more easily.

Some say Huawei's participation could give it access to an array of digital information gleaned from how, when and where Canadian customers use internet-connected devices. 

In turn, the theory goes, Chinese security agencies could force the company to hand over the personal information.

Three of Canada's partners in the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing alliance — the United States, Britain and Australia — have taken decisive steps to curb the use of Huawei gear in their countries' respective 5G networks.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published May 19, 2022.

The Canadian Press

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here's the second compelled speech issue to be included (or proposed) as criminal law in a week.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/government-bill-on-holocaust-denial-likely-unconstitutional-civil-liberties-group-says

So, we now have what you must say (gender pronouns) and what you must not say (holocaust denial) as (or soon to be) criminal offences. Both aspects IMO, speak to the loss of free speech but of the two, surely compelling a person to "say something they don't want to" is the most egregious loss of individual rights in our history as a nation.

I'm struck by two aspects of this: how much longterm damage can be inflicted in a short period of time, and the power (almost mind control) that can be wielded by the unholy trinity.    

I was out on the bike yesterday and saw an older guy cutting grass (in a large field) using a lawn tractor. No ear defenders but he was wearing a mask and I could see in passing that it was below his nose.

The point here (IMO of course) is that absurdity in government is easier to justify (or worse ignore) after it becomes fully embraced by voters in their daily lives. If there is anything more absurd than a double masked individual wearing the mask below their nose, I can't think of what it might be. Once you can embrace that though, getting eggs from roosters doesn't sound crazy anymore.  

Absurdity is a tool that paves the road for (formerly inviolate) individual rights becoming prosecutable under criminal law. It makes things like implementing the WHO Pandemic Treaty so much easier.

We are nearing a point where the ladies in black shed their formal attire, don their t-shirts, sweat pants, rubber boots, and tie their hair back in pony tails for the heavy lifting ahead. Speaking personally, if they're about to club me like a baby seal on an ice flow, I'd prefer them to be well dressed when they do it. 

Edited by Wolfhunter

Diversity is our strength……no comment from our feminist pm…what to choose, what to choose!

A Nova Scotia court ruled it cannot intervene in the child protection case of a teenage Syrian refugee whose father allegedly beat her, breaking her nose, when he learned she had been texting a boy.

The family came to Canada in 2016 under a refugee resettlement program.

Last November, police were called after the father allegedly punched his daughter five times and hit her with a belt between 30 and 50 times.

Expand  

• Sad 1

IMO, absurdity is contagious and the higher the threshold the quicker it spreads.

This is from the middle ages:

In the early 14th century, a nun at a secluded Catholic convent in Northern France began meowing like a cat. Within seven days, all other nuns at the convent started meowing and purring: they even organized afternoon meowing sessions that lasted for hours. Since the Catholic theology of the time considered cats to be the Devil’s animals, the nuns were whipped by soldiers employed by the local noblemen and the meowing ceased.

Now, lets get back to the future:

The b in batman stands for bisexual

12 hours ago, st27 said:

Diversity is our strength……no comment from our feminist pm…what to choose, what to choose!

A Nova Scotia court ruled it cannot intervene in the child protection case of a teenage Syrian refugee whose father allegedly beat her, breaking her nose, when he learned she had been texting a boy.

The family came to Canada in 2016 under a refugee resettlement program.

Last November, police were called after the father allegedly punched his daughter five times and hit her with a belt between 30 and 50 times.

Expand  

and to understand why, one should read the complete article.

N.S. court says it cannot intervene in case of teen Syrian refugee allegedly beaten by her father | National Post

4 hours ago, Kargokings said:

and to understand why, one should read the complete article.

My point is not that the courts failed to convict, but rather the behaviour of our new Canadian father …… still having trouble adjusting to his new countries’ values!

The father was charged with assault and assault with a weapon, and was released on conditions that included he not contact his daughter. (The father had previously been convicted of assaulting his wife following a 2017 incident in which she jumped from a second-storey window.)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Pop quiz:

Read the following sonnet by Shakespeare (Sonnet 18) and answer the questions below:

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date;
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature’s changing course untrimm'd;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow’st;
Nor shall death brag thou wander’st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow’st:
   So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
   So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

1. Which extremest group just banned the above sonnet because it's a "product of whiteness":
A. The Taliban
B. ISIS
C. Al-Qadea  
D. The University of Salford in Manchester

2. Residents of northern reserves in Canada that lack clean drinking water are celebrating this move as an important contribution to the quality of their daily lives:  

TRUE             FALSE
Edited by Wolfhunter

Same old story on Indigenous spending

• Calgary Sun
  • 22 May 2022

A new report by Canada's independent, non-partisan Parliamentary Budget Officer says that while the Trudeau government is spending more on Indigenous services than ever before, it's accomplishing less.

“Over the 2015-16 to 2022-23 period, there has been a significant increase in the amount of financial resources allocated to providing Indigenous Services,” Yves Giroux said in the report, while noting the increase “did not result in a commensurate increase in the ability of the organizations to achieve the targets they had set for themselves.”

In fact, “the ability of the organizations to achieve the targets ... has declined.”

Giroux's findings are further evidence — as if taxpayers needed more — that the federal template for spending on Indigenous issues is broken.

In 2017, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau split the Indigenous and Northern Affairs ministry into two separate departments — Crown - Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada and Indigenous Services Canada, to better deliver services to Indigenous people.

The government has also increased annual spending on Indigenous issues by 115% since coming into office — from $11.4 billion in 2015 to $24.5 billion last year.

But Giroux found that five years after the administrative shakeup, the two new federal bureaucracies aren't meeting their own targets for improving the lives of Canada's Indigenous people, known as departmental results indicators (DRIS).

“They cannot meet their own targets, which is surprising,” Giroux told APTN News, adding they're also failing to keep their targets consistent over time.

Some have no completion dates, while in other cases, new targets have been created before the previous ones were met.

“Some targets are very well known — the number of long-time boil water advisories for water — others are less well known,” Giroux said, such as the number of people on First Nations reserves who describe themselves as in good health, where the government is failing to meet its own targets.

He said of 42 performance targets set by Indigenous Services only “a quarter or less of the results are consistent with the targets the department set.”

Giroux credited the government with increasing the number of targets and said while its increases in funding have been well-intentioned, the Indigenous bureaucracy has had trouble matching spending increases with assessing its performance on how it spends the money.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Remember in first grade when you wanted to be a pirate like Long John Silver (TV series of the same name)?

Now imagine a permissive school and medical environment which allowed doctors to surgically remove your right eye and left leg so you could be just like Long John... all without parental notification or permission. 

I'm Not a Girl: A Transgender Story – First-Grade Recommendation

At kindergarten age, I used to pretend to be a dog and insisted on being tied to an empty dog house at my grandmother's place. That ended when I started crapping on the lawn. Do I even need I point out how difficult it would be to fly an airplane with no fingers... only paws.

Left to my own childhood delusions, I would now be a 3 legged, one eyed dog like creature with a surgically constructed tail and no fingers or toes.  

Luckily, I got over that pretty quickly with no long term damage although occasional drooling remains an issue.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The prevalence of this lunacy in universities (where counter opinions are banned) effects an entire generation. It could very well have political effects up until the point when students convert knowledge to wisdom. If young soldiers are any metric, that takes experience and time.

In the meantime though, are black people who own "property" in the form of businesses racist? And, by extension, how about their patrons, clients and customers, are they racist too?

More to the point, why isn't the media asking the questions you and I would ask if we had the opportunity to ask them?

Boston University professor says property is racist, excuses Black Lives Matter riots after George Floyd death

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Sad 1

Don't try to guess the future.

Identify the vulnerabilities and trap them. It's a concept the ladies in black heartily approve of.

Don't (that's DON"T) make them change into work clothes, put on rubber boots and get sweaty.

What could possibly go wrong with this? I'd say the list requires a separate thread:

WEF elites: countries must reject sovereign interests and prioritize 'global agenda 

• Confused 1

Are these the "white nationalists" and "conservative extremists" the media, government and intelligence services (unholy trinity) keep warning us about or is their threat assessment dead wrong... and deliberately so? 

Washington pregnancy center vandalized: 'If abortion isn't safe, you aren't either'

A vandal painted 'Jane's Revenge,' an apparent reference to the group that took responsibility for the Wisconsin arson attack against a pro-life organization